Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years (3807 Views)

Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations / Atiku In Imo State, South East Rally / Why Wike Should Rule Nigeria – Ben Nwabueze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by XANDERBOY85: 10:43pm On Dec 22, 2019
Kingosytex:
South Africa or Ghana?

I think you guys are going too far. Burundi should colonise Nigeria for 20 years.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Rossikk(m): 10:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
You are still talking nonsense? The only thing nigerian soldiers are good at doing, is beating nigerian civilians. Put them on the battlefield and they will be running like chicken without head. That is how they disgraced themselves in ecomog and got killed like chicken grin if you know the true number of nigerian soldiers killed in ecomog, you will be shocked grin grin grin fuelish mudder fuggerz

The Nigerian military SAVED Liberia and Sierra Leone. The Ghana troops never fought a single battle. That is why Nigeria took so many casualties.

Ghana soldiers were asked to serve tea to Nigerian soldiers, and mount checkpoints to protect civilian areas during the conflicts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by HarryDuce(m): 10:52pm On Dec 22, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Going by your logic why are the following states:Delta,Rivers,Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom that receive the highest state allocations because of the 13% derivation not as developed as any South African city or Accra in Ghana.

Nigerians leaders are too fanatastically corrupt, that is why the South Africans and Ghanians need to take over.
People should stop promoting this allocation amount stuff.

For the federation to be waiting on oil money year in year out is a manifestation of utter laziness and thiefing ability of our leaders and masses alike. All 36 states fit in here. No exemptions.

You're obviously not knowledgeable enough about those countries you mentioned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2019
Rossikk:

Your analysis is wrong-headed and infantile.

Nigeria's main problem is not actually corruption, but insufficient diversification from oil and gas to raise national income. Nigeria's annual budget for its 200 million people is just v35 billion USD. SA by contrast has a yearly budget of 125 billion USD. Why? Because SA has diversified into many areas like manufacturing, agriculture, food processing, and the services, in addition to the mining that remains her mainstay.

The current Buhari administration has done more in my view than any previous govt in Nigeria to diversify the economy, especially in agriculture and manufacturing. The process will take several decades to mature and add substantial earnings to the treasury.

Corruption is not Nigeria problem, despite $582 billions dollar been looted that is enough to fund it's budget for 20 years What kind of weed are you smoking brah

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2019
Oshigun:

@OP.

Where, outside of their respective nation, do South Africans or Ghanaians outshine Nigeria for you to be displaying this level of self-loathing that prompted you to write this nonsense?

Ask yourself why Nigerians, who lead all other Africans outside Africa as the favorite leadership candidate choice of top companies, institutions and government parastatal, like the UK NHS (national health service), now have anything to learn from South Africans or any other Africans.

We have our challenges but is it not retrogression to seek solutions from people real statistics show we are far more talented than?

You need to look at yourself and why you want a Ghanaian and South African to be your master. Sorry to be harsh but I would term you a "born troway" Nigerian given the real world evidence of how far ahead of other Africans Nigerians are in all endeavors of life in enabled climes worldwide.
You have reading comprehension issues. I stated Nigeria has produced some of the best minds in the world, but when it comes to leadership at local,state and federal level the dumbest and the most corrupt are at the helms of affairs.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
Hot my azz grin grin the nigerian passport is useless grin tissue paper has better value grin grin no one wants to give a nigerian visa these days grin

Nigeria's fantastically corrupt leaders have turned to citizens to peasants. It is not the average Nigerian citizens fault, they are just victims of misrule. The only choice of a better life is to try and escape from the country.

1 Like

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Rossikk(m): 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Corruption is not Nigeria problem, despite $582 billions dollar been looted that is enough to fund it's budget for 20 years What kind of weed are you smoking brah

Grow up. Every nation has corruption and capital flight, and Nigeria is not even in the top 20 corrupt nations on the Transparency International list.

That (alleged) 582 billion dollars is PEANUTS in the larger scheme of things. That's around Nigeria's GDP output for one year.

The US annual budget is 4.4 TRILLION DOLLARS, yet there are still millions of people there in poverty and homelessness.

What Nigeria needs is economic diversification away from oil and gas. WHAT ARE YOU contributing towards that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2019
Rossikk:

Grow up. Every nation has corruption and capital flight, and Nigeria is not even in the top 20 on the Transparency International list.

That (alleged) 582 billion dollars is PEANUTS in the larger scheme of things. That's around Nigeria's GDP output for one year.

The US annual budget is 4.4 TRILLION DOLLARS, yet there are still millions of people there in poverty and homelessness.

What Nigeria needs is economic diversification away from oil and gas. WHAT ARE YOU contributing towards that?
Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. The $582 billions dollars will go a long way.
You know the perpetrators of the heists who are still walking the streets free and living large.

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Rossikk(m): 11:32pm On Dec 22, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. The $582 billions dollars will go a long way.
You know the perpetrators of the heists who are still walking the streets free and living large.

What does ''poverty capital'' mean? That's an illiterate and ignorant smear.

When India had more poor people than anywhere else, nobody called her ''poverty capital'' or such illiterate trash.

And really, that 582 billion is PEANUTS for a 200 million-strong nation like Nigeria.

That is like South Africa's annual budget for 3 years. South Africa has a comparatively large annual budget because she has a diversified economy.

Instead of using your brain to identify our real problem - an insufficiently diversified economy - you prefer to point fingers over PEANUTS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 23, 2019
Rossikk:

And really, that 582 billion is PEANUTS for a 200 million-strong nation like Nigeria.

That is like South Africa's annual budget for 3 years. South Africa has a comparatively large annual budget because she has a diversified economy.

Instead of using your brain to identify our real problem - an insufficiently diversified economy - you prefer to point fingers over PEANUTS.

Your a low I.Q clown. Nigeria budget for 2020 is N10.33 thrillion naira($28.3 billion dollars) and your telling me the $582 billion dollars looted by it's fantastically corrupt leaders since 1960 won't turn the county to Dubai.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 23, 2019
HarryDuce:
People should stop promoting this allocation amount stuff.

For the federation to be waiting on oil money year in year out is a manifestation of utter laziness and thiefing ability of our leaders and masses alike. All 36 states fit in here. No exemptions.

You're obviously not knowledgeable enough about those countries you mentioned.

Your not making sense. Some of the Niger Delta state receive allocations higher than countries in West Africa like Sierra Leone and Togo. They all should look like Dubai after all the funds they have received from 1999,their leaders are all kingpins of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 23, 2019
GENEGIRIA:

I don’t blame you grin Generator fumes have destroyed whatever tissues existed in your brain. cool

Ghana has 70 percent electricity coverage and there are plans to achieve 100% coverage by 2023. Ghana provides 24/7 electricity. Just like any country that provides 24/7 electricity, occasional outages do occur. It doesn’t change the fact that electricity is available 24/7. Do you know Ghana currently produces about 4,500MW of power, while the country consumes only 2,500MW grin so Ghana has 2,000MW of excess electricity capacity. Perhaps you mudder fuggerz should come and beg Ghana for that 2,000MW of available power grin

How many hours of electricity do you enjoy in that sh1thole? angry grin shameless goat grin you were even educated in Ghana grin but you are still very very .........lol.

Despite all the gas and oil, Nigeria can’t produce power fir its impoverished people grin
Your country deserves commendation for the giant strides you are making in electricity and increasing you megawatts. Our leaders embezzled the $16 billion dollars that was meant to be spent to fix electricity and want to keep us in darkness.

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 12:48am On Dec 23, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Going by your logic why are the following states:Delta,Rivers,Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom that receive the highest state allocations because of the 13% derivation not as developed as any South African city or Accra in Ghana.

Nigerians leaders are too fanatastically corrupt, that is why the South Africans and Ghanians need to take over.
Am not arguing with you, but it's a fact the whites own 90% of SA wealth. If it were only the blacks SA will be a shithole just like Nigeria. Ghana on the other hand is not so spectacular and developed as SA but at least they are trying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 23, 2019
charliboy654:

Am not arguing with you, but it's a fact the whites own 90% of SA wealth. If it were only the blacks SA will be a shithole just like Nigeria. Ghana on the other hand is not so spectacular and developed as SA but at least they are trying.
What it means is that we have the financial resources to develop the continent,but African leaders will always loot the resources to hide in Europe and tax havens. The whites that lived in South Africa,Zimbabwe,Namibia used the resources to develop the areas where they lived to European standards.

Why can't the President of Nigeria or any Governor build a hospital or University he and his kids can attend for example. Why does he take a 6 hour flight to UK to medical checkups.

1 Like

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 23, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

What it means is that we have the financial resources to develop the continent,but African leaders will always loot the resources to hide in Europe and tax havens. The whites that lived in South Africa,Zimbabwe,Namibia used the resources to develop the areas where they lived to European standards.

Why can't the President of Nigeria or any Governor build a hospital or University he and his kids can attend for example. Why does he take a 6 hour flight to UK to medical checkups.
If u ask me na who I go ask.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 23, 2019
charliboy654:

If u ask me na who I go ask.

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Dedetwo(m): 1:17am On Dec 23, 2019
Rossikk:

YOU ARE A LIAR. Ghana does NOT provide ''24/7 power'' to her people. Nearly half the country has no access to electricity and is not connected to the national grid.

You actually should be ashamed of yourself because Ghana has just 25 million people, has oil and gas, has cocoa, has gold and other minerals.

You should be like the UAE, another country blessed by tiny population and huge resources.

Instead you are here comparing yourself to Nigeria, a fellow developing country with 200 million mouths to feed.

You have no shame. Go and ask your corrupt, thieving leaders why there is ANY poverty at all in Ghana. There should be not one single poor person there.

Ghana braces for more power cuts:

https://yen.com.gh/140931-ecg-announces-5-days-dumsor-accra-maintenance.html

You simply cannot eat your cake and have it. If Nigeria cannot handle its population, it can be disintegrated into nation states for good management of the resources.

2 Likes

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 23, 2019
Rossikk:

YOU ARE A LIAR. Ghana does NOT provide ''24/7 power'' to her people. Nearly half the country has no access to electricity and is not connected to the national grid.

You actually should be ashamed of yourself because Ghana has just 25 million people, has oil and gas, has cocoa, has gold and other minerals.

You should be like the UAE, another country blessed by tiny population and huge resources.

Instead you are here comparing yourself to Nigeria, a fellow developing country with 200 million mouths to feed.

You have no shame. Go and ask your corrupt, thieving leaders why there is ANY poverty at all in Ghana. There should be not one single poor person there.

Ghana braces for more power cuts:

https://yen.com.gh/140931-ecg-announces-5-days-dumsor-accra-maintenance.html
No Ghananian leader has defended open corruption the way Nigeria's fantastically corrupt leaders do. Your President went before national television and said he does not know the technology used in the Ganduje tape

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Rossikk(m): 1:42am On Dec 23, 2019
Dedetwo:

You simply cannot have eat your cake and have it. If Nigeria cannot handle its population, it can be disintegrated into nation states for good management of the resources.

Wrong idea. Nigeria has NO CHOICE but to ''handle its population''. The absolute worst thing to do is disintegrate into little Sierra Leones and Gambias - insignificant, unviable entities who take orders from foreign govts.

Look. African nations need to consolidate into bigger individual entities, rather than these 54 unviable nations easily bullied by the west, China et al.

At most we need just 5 or 6 countries in Africa. No more.

1 Like

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 23, 2019
Rossikk:

[s]Wrong idea. Nigeria has NO CHOICE but to ''handle its population''. The absolute worst thing to do is disintegrate into little Sierra Leones and Gambias - insignificant, unviable entities who take orders from foreign govts.

Look. African nations need to consolidate into bigger individual entities, rather than these 54 unviable nations easily bullied by the west, China et al.

At most we need just 5 or 6 countries in Africa. No more. [/s]
Thrash...exemplary countries like Ghana,South Africa, Botswana and Namibia should be left alone to continue to develop and only outsource their government officials to countries like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Dedetwo(m): 2:09am On Dec 23, 2019
Rossikk:

Wrong idea. Nigeria has NO CHOICE but to ''handle its population''. The absolute worst thing to do is disintegrate into little Sierra Leones and Gambias - insignificant, unviable entities who take orders from foreign govts.

At most we need just 5 or 6 countries in Africa. No more.

So far Nigeria has failed the choice to handle its overwhelming population. I do not think Nigeria is better than "Sierra Leones and Gambias" in terms of population/resource index. Africans are not known for complex stream of thought. They tend to allow sentiments to over ride the education of their articulation. Since Africans are exemplarily not good at tolerating people of different culture and religion, the best next thing is for the continent to have, at least, 1000 nations so that people with cultural and religious affinity could be housed in one country. This will ensure unity, not union, that tend to elude Africans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 3:07am On Dec 23, 2019
Dedetwo:

They tend to allow sentiments to over ride the education of their articulation.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Rossikk(m): 4:07am On Dec 23, 2019
Dedetwo:

So far Nigeria has failed the choice to handle its overwhelming population. I do not think Nigeria is better than Sierra Leones and Gambias in terms of population/resource index. Africans are not known for complex stream of thought. They tend to allow sentiments to over ride the education of their articulation. Since Africans are exemplarily not good at tolerating people of different culture and religion, the best next thing is for the continent to have, at least, 1000 nations so that people with cultural and religious affinity could be housed in one country. This will ensure unity, not union, that tend to elude Africans.

Splitting Africa into 1000 nations will make her situation 100 times worse.

Each of those countries will be like puny ants when negotiating trade and other deals with other nations like China and the United States, or building military capability to maintain independence. Africa needs stronger nations not weaker nations. There is strength in numbers. The Berlin Conference split the continent into 54 small nation-states for a reason. To make AFRICA weak and powerless.

Oh, and I DARE you to spend two weeks in Sierra Leone and Gambia and then come back and repeat the rubbish of saying Nigeria is not better than them.

Nigeria's GDP per capita is 2,000 USD
https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=lTEAXuWPIL2PhbIPge6kyA4&q=nigeria+gdp+per+capita&oq=nigeria+gdp+per+capita&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l4j0i7i30l2j0j0i7i30l2j0.31970.33008..34784...0.1..1.275.672.6j0j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.Dd3tV9FbpOs

while Sierra Leone's is 499 USD

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=CzEAXvSXH86D8gL4_42IBA&q=sierra+leone+gdp+per+capita&oq=dierra+leone+gdp+per+capita&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i13l5j0i13i10i30.7584.9695..12942...0.2..0.197.1162.8j4......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i7i30j0i7i5i30j0i7i5i10i30j0i8i13i30j0i8i13i10i30.BbImo7kDNuc

and Gambia's, 483 USD
https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=jjEAXt3QK8Ko8gKT0KfIDw&q=gambia+gdp+per+capita&oq=gambia+gdp+per+capita&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i67j0l2j0i30l3j0i8i30l2.5399.5399..5647...0.2..0.61.61.1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71._AhyRsegHVQ&ved=0ahUKEwjdz7-h58rmAhVClFwKHRPoCfkQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Rossikk(m): 4:20am On Dec 23, 2019
REALLY, WE NEED TO MOVE MANY OF YOU NIGERIA-HATING ASSWIPES TO SIERRA LEONE.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 23, 2019
Rossikk:

Splitting Africa into 1000 nations will make her situation 100 times worse.

Each of those countries will be like puny ants when negotiating trade and other deals with other nations like China and the United States, or building military capability to maintain independence. Africa needs stronger nations not weaker nations. There is strength in numbers. The Berlin Conference split the continent into 54 small nation-states for a reason. To make AFRICA weak and powerless.

Oh, and I DARE you to spend two weeks in Sierra Leone and Gambia and then come back and repeat the rubbish of saying Nigeria is not better than them.

Nigeria's GDP per capita is 2,000 USD
Gambia still have a higher life expectancy than Nigeria with 61, which indicates they have better health facilities. Nigeria with it's oil wealth should not be dragging with the poorest countries in the world because of it's fantastically corrupt leaders.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=lTEAXuWPIL2PhbIPge6kyA4&q=nigeria+gdp+per+capita&oq=nigeria+gdp+per+capita&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l4j0i7i30l2j0j0i7i30l2j0.31970.33008..34784...0.1..1.275.672.6j0j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.Dd3tV9FbpOs

while Sierra Leone's is 499 USD

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=CzEAXvSXH86D8gL4_42IBA&q=sierra+leone+gdp+per+capita&oq=dierra+leone+gdp+per+capita&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i13l5j0i13i10i30.7584.9695..12942...0.2..0.197.1162.8j4......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i7i30j0i7i5i30j0i7i5i10i30j0i8i13i30j0i8i13i10i30.BbImo7kDNuc

and Gambia's, 483 USD
https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=jjEAXt3QK8Ko8gKT0KfIDw&q=gambia+gdp+per+capita&oq=gambia+gdp+per+capita&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i67j0l2j0i30l3j0i8i30l2.5399.5399..5647...0.2..0.61.61.1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71._AhyRsegHVQ&ved=0ahUKEwjdz7-h58rmAhVClFwKHRPoCfkQ4dUDCAs&uact=5
Gambia still has a higher life expectancy than Nigeria with 61.19 years, which indicates they have better health facilities. Nigeria with it's oil wealth should not be dragging with the poorest countries in the world because of it's fantastically corrupt leaders.

1 Like

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 23, 2019
idid:
Ghanians at it again with stupid thread..
Nigerian brah
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 6:04am On Dec 23, 2019
Rossikk:

Use your brain, you dunce. ''24 hour electricity'' is NOT a sign of development. India does not have 24 hour electricity. Nether does Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa etc.

So is Ghana more developed than India or Brazil, or South Africa?

The fact is when you are a developing nation with a huge population, it is far more difficult and complex providing services to the entire population.

Gambia or Ghana with tiny populations can easily have ''24/7 power'', but it will be extremely retar.ded on your part to start comparing them with much larger developing nations, with far bigger challenges.

Many countries you mentioned has capacity for 24/7,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 23, 2019
GENEGIRIA:

I don’t blame you grin Generator fumes have destroyed whatever tissues existed in your brain. cool

Ghana has 70 percent electricity coverage and there are plans to achieve 100% coverage by 2023. Ghana provides 24/7 electricity. Just like any country that provides 24/7 electricity, occasional outages do occur. It doesn’t change the fact that electricity is available 24/7. Do you know Ghana currently produces about 4,500MW of power, while the country consumes only 2,500MW grin so Ghana has 2,000MW of excess electricity capacity. Perhaps you mudder fuggerz should come and beg Ghana for that 2,000MW of available power grin

How many hours of electricity do you enjoy in that sh1thole? angry grin shameless goat grin you were even educated in Ghana grin but you are still very very .........lol.

Despite all the gas and oil, Nigeria can’t produce power fir its impoverished people grin
2500mw for households

The other goes to industries mining, manufacturing firms etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 23, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

There over 5 million white South African citizens, SA was greatly developed by blacks than whites

South Africa holds parliamentary and provincial elections on Wednesday, 25 years after the first all-race poll ended the apartheid era.

Here are some figures showing how the ethnic balance has changed in some economic and social spheres since the end of white minority rule in 1994.

Economy

The economy has grown by 85% in real terms since 1994, from R1.65 trillion to R3.06 trillion in 2015.
Real GDP per capita is 33% higher, from R42,386 per person, to R56,343 in 2015
Disposable income has increased by 42%, from R23,686 to R33,660 in 2015.
Inflation has dropped from 9% in 1994 to 4.6% in 2015.
The budget deficit has decreased from 7.1% of GDP to 2.9% of GDP in 2015.
Despite high unemployment, more people are taking part in the economy, with 58.1% market participation in 2015, up from only 47.7% in 1994.
More than double the amount of black Africans are employed in 2015 than in 1994.

Living conditions

There are fewer informal homes in 2015 than in 1994, with a 131.3% increase in formal homes.
People with access to electricity has increased for cooking (228%), lighting (192%) and heating (58%) – while access to water has more than doubled (110%) and access to toilets has also increased significantly (151%).
The number of low income households (LSM 1-3) has decreased significantly – showing a move to higher income homes (LSM 4-7 and LSM 8-10).
The middle class has increased significantly – almost doubling since 1994.
Households living in extreme poverty has been been reduced from 525 of the black African population in 2002, to 20% in 2015.

Education

A higher proportion of black South African students is passing than ever before – 67.4% in 2015, versus 49% in 1994.
More students are attending university than ever before – with 807,000 students enrolled in 2015, versus 385,200 in 1994.
Black South African students now make up the majority of students (70.1%) compared to only 20% in the late 1980s, and over 45% in the mid 90s.
There are more students studying towards a science, engineering or technology degree now than ever before (55,574 students in 2015, versus only 20,610 in 1994).
Health

The rate of new HIV infections since the turn of the millennium has effectively halved, with 321,500 new infections in 2015, compared to 646,800 in 1999.
The rate of still births has declined by 22% since 2001.
There are more professional nurses – and those enrolled to be nurses – than ever before. Growth of 50% and 115% respectively between 1998 and 2015.
There are 80% more GPs and 29% more specialists practicing in the public sector since 2000.
Crime and security

South Africa’s murder rate has halved since 1994/95 – from a rate of 68 murders per 100,000 population, to 34 per 100,000 population in 2015.

The middle class

Only 20% of South Africans belong to the middle class, of whom 50% are black Africans, according to a 2014 study by the University of Cape Town and the department of Monitoring and Evaluation in the president’s office.

That puts the size of the black middle class at roughly 2.8 million people. In 1993 the black middle class numbered around 600 000 people, according to a study by South African history professor Colin Bundy, who taught at the University of the Witwatersrand and the University of London.

South Africa’s population was 55.7 million in 2018 versus 40.4 million in 1994.

Housing

Over the past 25 years, the government has provided more than 4.7 million homes to the black elderly and the poor, according to the Department of Human Settlements. Previously there was no plan to provide black people with housing.

Land

About 67% of commercial agricultural land is in white hands, compared with 87% before 1994, according to a 2017 report by the Institute of Poverty, Land, and Agrarian Studies.

Black ownership of shares on the bourse

As of 2013, some 23% of shares in the Top-100 companies listed on the Johannesburg Securities Exchange (JSE) were held directly by black people, the JSE said.

The increased shareholding from 1994 has been through black economic empowerment schemes meant to address the exclusion of black people from ownership under apartheid, and contributions to pension funds, unit trusts and life policies.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 23, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:
[s]Nigeria has proven to the world it is a failed state that has been ruled by kingpins of corruption who have looted $582 billion dollars since 1960,cornered and shared the oil blocks among themselves and given themselves the best life pension,despite making the country the poverty capital of the world..
https://www.thecable.ng/chatham-house-582bn-stolen-from-nigeria-since-independence
While the average Nigerian lives in poverty and lacks basic amenities taken for granted such as electricity,water,security.

Our African brothers in Ghana and South Africa have shown you can still loot and provide your nation with 24 hour electricity,world class education system and have responsive leadership.

We need to outsource governance at local,state and federal level to the South Africans and Ghanians for 20 years, so they can provide 24 hour electricity,quality education system and show us how to obey the rule of law.[/s]

Ghana that can not ruled themselves, nonsense. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 23, 2019
Oshigun:

@OP.

Where, outside of their respective nation, do South Africans or Ghanaians outshine Nigeria for you to be displaying this level of self-loathing that prompted you to write this nonsense?

You can worship Madasgascans, Erithreans or Gambians if you want. The rest of us, full-blooded, confident and proudly aware Nigerians, know we need Nigerian solutions to Nigerian problems.

You don't ask a hillbilly cop boss of an outback region in rural America to come and head the London Metropolitan Police Force same as we have nothing to learn from Ghanaians or South Africans who we better, by far, [b] in all aspects of life in any competitive and meritocratic nation outside of our respective nations of origin[ /b].

Ask yourself why Nigerians, who lead all other Africans outside Africa as the favorite leadership candidate choice of top companies, institutions and government parastatal, like the UK NHS (national health service), now have anything to learn from South Africans or any other Africans.

We have our challenges but is it not retrogression to seek solutions from people real statistics show we are far more talented than?

You need to look at yourself and why you want a Ghanaian and South African to be your master. Sorry to be harsh but I would term you a "born troway" Nigerian given the real world evidence of how far ahead of other Africans Nigerians are in all endeavors of life in enabled climes worldwide.

Nigerians who are in other countries are only the because there is no opportunites for them in nigeria. Being proud that nigerians are in their millions in other countries while nigeria is failing is no feat to be proud of.

Nigerians are running away from Nigeria, you cant learn from England systems while your infrastructure is so bad, you have to look at emerging countries cos they seem to outpace you in development.

You can learn more from an insect than an elephant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 23, 2019
Rossikk:

Use your brain, you dunce. ''24 hour electricity'' is NOT a sign of development. India does not have 24 hour electricity. Nether does Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa etc.

So is Ghana more developed than India or Brazil, or South Africa?

The fact is when you are a developing nation with a huge population, it is far more difficult and complex providing services to the entire population.

Gambia or Ghana with tiny populations can easily have ''24/7 power'', but it will be extremely retar.ded on your part to start comparing them with much larger developing nations, with far bigger challenges.

Thats no excuse. Much more a bigger country has bigger revenue/access to funds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC Authenticates Governor Obaseki's NYSC Certificate / Gov Obaseki Scores Zero (0) at Oshiomhole’s Polling Unit / The Oldest Storey Building In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.