Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (74205 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders / Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by MariaAngeles: 9:51am On Dec 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
I really thank God for the compassionate heart He's given to me. When I saw the video, I heard the Holy Spirit say to me Shile, you would have passed the test...

Yay It's my first Christmas ever next tomorrow. I can't keep calm...
#12MonthsLovingJesusWithNoRegrets

Modified- Please I no buy Christmas clothes ooo. Can I wear my old clothes to church for Christmas services or must it be new Christmas cloth?
This is my first Christmas ooo how una dey do am?
Wow!
Congratulations!
How's the journey being like so far?
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by awoluyi(m): 9:52am On Dec 23, 2019
Pr0cter:
Those people you are helping in the shopping mall don't really need it. They could afford what they want to buy that's why they are in a shopping mall if not, they would have gone to Iya Basira, the one that sells provision in Kiosk down their street to buy.

Those who actually needs help are those living under the bridge, those that live in the ghetto, those labourers who do dirty jobs. Those who beg on the road side needs this gesture not this one's in the shopping mall.

I have my doubt if you really understand what the young man is trying to achieve.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by deltateam: 9:52am On Dec 23, 2019
How will I know if I will pass a test in a video I can't assess due to bad MTN network.

Nevertheless if its a test about someone needing food I will easily pass it but this is a bad period to test one, lest it be considered a 'temptation'.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Staro: 9:52am On Dec 23, 2019
Great, I enjoyed every bit of the story
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by EriataEse: 9:52am On Dec 23, 2019
rubbish
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by alizma: 9:53am On Dec 23, 2019
Pr0cter:
Those people you are helping in the shopping mall don't really need it. They could afford what they want to buy that's why they are in a shopping mall if not, they would have gone to Iya Basira, the one that sells provision in Kiosk down their street to buy.

Those who actually needs help are those living under the bridge, those that live in the ghetto, those labourers who do dirty jobs. Those who beg on the road side needs this gesture not this one's in the shopping mall.

The message will do more than your suggestion. The message is designed to minister to the heart of those who have so that they can see the need to give to those who doesn't have. People like you will watch this and still refused to dash at least one person 100 naira for this Christmas.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by tomdon(m): 9:54am On Dec 23, 2019
So nairaland is always about stale news
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by deltateam: 9:55am On Dec 23, 2019
I have once seen a woman with her supposed child begging for transport money which normally shouldn't exceed #1000.

Okay, I gave her #1000, came out and saw her still begging.

I just ignored and walked away but I felt bad about it.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by braimeddy: 9:59am On Dec 23, 2019
The last lady in the video is a typical example of the widows myth. May God bless and replenish all the cheerful givers this yeletude season

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by lovat(m): 10:00am On Dec 23, 2019
grin grin
ZombieTERROR:
Disguise like Buhari first....
Let's see the people's response
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by pacespot(m): 10:00am On Dec 23, 2019
anochuko01:
Nigeria is a "special" country.

Even when you want to genuinely give, you start assuming the person could collect your stuff and use for diabolical stuffs. Not to talk of what buhari and his cohorts have turned people into.

If all things were equal, Nigerians have the largest heart in the world.
I still have hope for a great nation embarassed

@ bilded
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by ayoade2: 10:01am On Dec 23, 2019
He should have blurred the faces of those who failed his test. Someone might sue him for this.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by chaloskyx: 10:01am On Dec 23, 2019
we dont need you to dress homeless we need you to help the homeless and stop wasting our precious time with your antics
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by pacespot(m): 10:02am On Dec 23, 2019
anochuko01:
Nigeria is a "special" country.

Even when you want to genuinely give, you start assuming the person could collect your stuff and use for diabolical stuffs. Not to talk of what buhari and his cohorts have turned people into.

If all things were equal, Nigerians have the largest heart in the world.
I still have hope for a great nation embarassed

@ bolded, are you trying to be sarcastic, Nigerians have the largest heart in the world and the country is the way it is today? Go out of this country to see what it means to be human.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Jeffersonagain(m): 10:03am On Dec 23, 2019
Pr0cter:

The idea is not just to show kindness and give help; more importantly, it is to show the value of kindness and the benefits of helping a total stranger. Quite aptly, is is the rich and well-to-do in our society, which is fast losing it's sense of kindness that need the lesson. In fact if they did the situation of those who you refer to will be solved.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by SoNature(m): 10:05am On Dec 23, 2019
While giving to beggers is a good deed, he should keep in mind that Nigeria is the world's headquarters of poverty. shocked

This means there are countless number of paupers who depend on alms to eke out a living.

So, if you continuously give to all of them as you see them (especially in the North and Lagos), you may become poorer than them in no time.

I learned the hard way the day I gave a female begger #500. She was so excited. The following week, she saw me on the other side of the road, she left everyone she was supposed to beg where she was, and crossed the road to meet me.

Well, I was expecting "Thank you for the other day," which is very common in Lagos. However, I was disappointed when she asked again! Well, I shook my head in disbelief and turned her down at once, telling her "Next time"

So, you should give but do that with common sense because some beggers are even richer than givers in Lagos. One of them once told an NTA reporter that she makes about 5k every day.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by CasNova: 10:06am On Dec 23, 2019
There is no need to disguise before you know the reality in Nigeria. Walk down the streets. What you see on people's faces and what you hear them say will convince you.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
I really thank God for the compassionate heart He's given to me. When I saw the video, I heard the Holy Spirit say to me Shile, you would have passed the test...

Modified- Please I no buy Christmas clothes ooo. Can I wear my old clothes to church for Christmas service or must it be new Christmas cloth?
How is it your first Christmas??
You can wear any nice dress or buy a new one.. Whatever you want!!
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by RiyaGoddess(f): 10:08am On Dec 23, 2019
MariaAngeles:

Wow!
Congratulations!
How's the journey being like so far?

Great, Awesome...

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by RiyaGoddess(f): 10:09am On Dec 23, 2019
[quote author=Kay25 post=85148847][/quote]

Thank you Sir. I only wanted to know if the tradition of buying Christmas clothes and shoes is a must
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Frankicent(m): 10:10am On Dec 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:

Modified- Please I no buy Christmas clothes ooo. Can I wear my old clothes to church for Christmas service or must it be new Christmas cloth?

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by pacespot(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2019
YorubaKing:
Naturally, Nigerians are very bad, selfish, arrogant and unkind pple which is very reflective in our government.

>90% of Nigerians are mentally unstable. Fact! cool

The worse is most of Nigerians will try to gloss over this problem as if nothing is happening, how can you fix the problem you can't come to the agreement you have?

Someone was trying to hack my Facebook account yesterday less than 5 minutes I placed a job advert on jiji. Typical Nigerians, evil people sad

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Minjim: 10:11am On Dec 23, 2019
Hmmm, this is really encouraging

However, in Lagos, your kindness can be overly exhausted. There is no day I go out and i don't meet someone asking for one assistance or another.
If I keep giving to everyone that approaches me, believe me, I would be begging by now too. That's how overwhelming the issue is.
I always pray I afford to give cos I'm a giving person

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:13am On Dec 23, 2019
He sounds entitled like these people owe him stuff.

Does he know who came there with their last card?

I doubt even Jesus assisted every single person who asked him for help.

Sometimes circumstances might not permit.

It could even be just apprehension...

We are a superstitious bunch, and some people will think you want to do jazz with their destiny.

You can use this single act to judge/shame the people who didn't help.

The least he could have done was blur their faces.

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Barrywest(m): 10:20am On Dec 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:

You can wear any modest Cloth bro, its the celebration of Jesus and not celebration of fashion.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Spallanzani: 10:20am On Dec 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:

Wear one of your okrika wey you dey sell
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Orpe7(m): 10:21am On Dec 23, 2019
Pr0cter:

Go and do urs
Atleast he did this one
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by bigbeats: 10:22am On Dec 23, 2019
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by eedriyz(m): 10:22am On Dec 23, 2019
Pr0cter:

From the way I see it, he was practically there to teach the the act of kindness... Not really to give them.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by RiyaGoddess(f): 10:23am On Dec 23, 2019
eni4real:
How is it your first Christmas??
You can wear any nice dress or buy a new one.. Whatever you want!!

As a Christian.
I will wear my old clothes jare. I can't do shopping wahala
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by noblealuu: 10:24am On Dec 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:

Goddess of inestimable value.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Douglas Akwesi Amanor Had Sex With A Married Woman, Gets Caught In The Act / Alfa Babatunde: Youths Burn Sotitobire Miracle Church In Akure Over Death Of Boy / Primate Ayodele Unveils His Prediction For 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.