Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (74217 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders / Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by RiyaGoddess(f): 10:24am On Dec 23, 2019
Spallanzani:

Wear one of your okrika wey you dey sell

Lols na im I go wear na
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Simplyleo: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

You are a character. You have over 1000 monikers.

What do you derive from this display of madness ? cheesy

Seun needs to sit with you... known you since your IsaAbubakar days

Cc simplyleo, trigitis, omenka
Lol. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by PeaceGord: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2019
I'm so moved!
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Amos1423(m): 10:26am On Dec 23, 2019
What kinda iddle work is that?
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Omoslim26: 10:27am On Dec 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
I really thank God for the compassionate heart He's given to me. When I saw the video, I heard the Holy Spirit say to me Shile, you would have passed the test...

Yay It's my first Christmas ever next tomorrow. I can't keep calm...
#12MonthsLovingJesusWithNoRegrets

Modified- Please I no buy Christmas clothes ooo. Can I wear my old clothes to church for Christmas service or must it be new Christmas cloth?
This is my first Christmas ooo how una dey do am?

Clothes are just seconded
celebrate and pounder on why Christ was given to mankind show love to someone

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:29am On Dec 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
I really thank God for the compassionate heart He's given to me. When I saw the video, I heard the Holy Spirit say to me Shile, you would have passed the test...

Modified- Please I no buy Christmas clothes ooo. Can I wear my old clothes to church for Christmas service or must it be new Christmas cloth?

Your first Christmas since you became a Christian?
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by MariaAngeles: 10:30am On Dec 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:

Great, Awesome...
Now I understand that you're still growing smiley
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:

As a Christian.
I will wear my old clothes jare. I can't do shopping wahala
What matters is looking good and being appreciative of this festive season... !!
You can do the shopping later..

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by omoharry(f): 10:47am On Dec 23, 2019
YorubaKing:
Naturally, Nigerians are very bad, selfish, arrogant and unkind pple which is very reflective in our government.

>90% of Nigerians are mentally unstable. Fact! cool
Nigerians were very open hearted and welcoming people back in the days. I grew up to know that a stranger that is stranded or lost in a strange land could get shelter for the night by any good Samaritan but not any more.This is due to the fact that so many evil have been perpetuated as a payment for kindness.So many stories have been heard or seen of how these suppose strangers that need help turns out to be the very devils incarnate. Many people have lost their lives and properties becos of their kindness to strangers.
These have made kind hearted Nigerians to be cautious and hardened.To be honest most, Nigerians are willing to help but they are scared of the evil heart of men who take advantage of good people and pay them with evil.
Though we have mean and nasty Nigerians and at the same time also there good and kind people in this country but they are very cautious.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Amanda4life: 10:47am On Dec 23, 2019
He should have gone to real market place.

He go receive curse wet pass curse
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by anochuko01(m): 10:48am On Dec 23, 2019
pacespot:

@ bolded, are you trying to be sarcastic, Nigerians have the largest heart in the world and the country is the way it is today? Go out of this country to see what it means to be human.
But I said "if all things were equal"....
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by seedsower(m): 11:06am On Dec 23, 2019
Pr0cter:
Those people you are helping in the shopping mall don't really need it. They could afford what they want to buy that's why they are in a shopping mall if not, they would have gone to Iya Basira, the one that sells provision in Kiosk down their street to buy.

Those who actually needs help are those living under the bridge, those that live in the ghetto, those labourers who do dirty jobs. Those who beg on the road side needs this gesture not this one's in the shopping mall.

But he can't go begging the poor, he begged the rich!
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by RiyaGoddess(f): 11:07am On Dec 23, 2019
MariaAngeles:

Now I understand that you're still growing smiley

Smile
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by RiyaGoddess(f): 11:08am On Dec 23, 2019
Arkmanbuddy:

Your first Christmas since you became a Christian?

Yes.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by RiyaGoddess(f): 11:15am On Dec 23, 2019
noblealuu:

Goddess of inestimable value.

Eh awon eyan temi, Mr Noble my knees on the ground, I greet you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by YorubaKing: 11:17am On Dec 23, 2019
omoharry:
Nigerians were very open hearted and welcoming people back in the days. I grew up to know that a stranger that is stranded or lost in a strange land could get shelter for the night by any good Samaritan but not any more.This is due to the fact that so many evil have been perpetuated as a payment for kindness.So many stories have been heard or seen of how these suppose strangers that need help turns out to be the very devils incarnate. Many people have lost their lives and properties becos of their kindness to strangers.
These have made kind hearted Nigerians to be cautious and hardened.To be honest most, Nigerians are willing to help but they are scared of the evil heart of men who take advantage of good people and pay them with evil.
Though we have mean and nasty Nigerians and at the same time also there good and kind people in this country but they are very cautious.

Perhaps, you're very correct.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by destinedtee(m): 11:20am On Dec 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:

So happy for you on your salvation . God bless you and keep you to the end!
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 23, 2019
DM your bank account to me. You have a present for a Christmas cloth from me.
RiyaGoddess:

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by pacespot(m): 11:32am On Dec 23, 2019
anochuko01:

But I said "if all things were equal"....

The "all things that are not equal", who is responsible for that, aliens Those countries where "all things are equal", did they have angels come from heaven to build their countries for them?

Until we acknowledged the fundamental weakness in Nigerian mentality, we would never move forward as a people.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Celestineeba: 11:35am On Dec 23, 2019
Monday fixed game is available, let all cash out this evening together , call or Whatsapp me.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by RiyaGoddess(f): 11:35am On Dec 23, 2019
bizme:
DM your bank account to me. You have a present for a Christmas cloth from me.

Waoooh is this for real?
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by RiyaGoddess(f): 11:37am On Dec 23, 2019
destinedtee:

So happy for you on your salvation . God bless you and keep you to the end!

Amen. Thank you so much
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by golddare: 11:37am On Dec 23, 2019
You will be fine with your old clothes, nobody remembers people's last sunday clothes besides Jesus is the reason for the season, as long as you have Him you are fine.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by TruckFit(m): 11:38am On Dec 23, 2019
RiyaGoddess:

Babe I just go buy one okrika Reebok sneakers wink I go wear one of my old joggers and polo top cry cry we go do thaa Christmas anyhow hei be embarassed embarassed

I have half of my annual income as of yesterday , You see say my way far big-time.. Make I no cum dey do bambiala for NL in January.. spend wisely this December, no go do pass yourself. If you have spare to give, look for the needy around you and put a smile on a families face.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Maliqcious: 11:38am On Dec 23, 2019
I agree with you
anochuko01:
Nigeria is a "special" country.

Even when you want to genuinely give, you start assuming the person could collect your stuff and use for diabolical stuffs. Not to talk of what buhari and

his cohorts have turned people into.

If all things were equal, Nigerians have the largest heart in the world.
I still have hope for a great nation embarassed
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:43am On Dec 23, 2019
Chuukwudi:
I may not pass the test o. I don't like seeing fully healthy and energetic men begging for Money.

He didn’t beg for money ,he asked for help in paying for the bread and water .
Ordinary bread and water !
I’d most likely take the bread and water away from him and ask him to pick proper meal .
It’s just food �
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by anochuko01(m): 11:43am On Dec 23, 2019
pacespot:

The "all things that are not equal", who is responsible for that, aliens Those countries where "all things are equal", did they have angels come from heaven to build their countries for them?

Until we acknowledged the fundamental weakness in Nigerian mentality, we would never move forward as a people.
I acknowledge everything you wrote, And I had all of them in consideration when I said if all thing were equal...
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by RiyaGoddess(f): 11:48am On Dec 23, 2019
TruckFit:

Babe I just go buy one okrika Reebok sneakers wink I go wear one of my old joggers and polo top cry cry we go do thaa Christmas anyhow hei be embarassed embarassed

I have half of my annual income as of yesterday , You see say my way far big-time.. Make I no cum dey do bambiala for NL in January.. spend wisely this December, no go do pass yourself. If you have spare to give, look for the needy around you and put a smile on a families face.

Lols you should really thank God you have half of your annual salary. Some people truly have none.
The welfare team and I gave to the needy yesterday. I will post pictures soon.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Topestbilly(m): 11:52am On Dec 23, 2019
Pr0cter:
Those people you are helping in the shopping mall don't really need it. They could afford what they want to buy that's why they are in a shopping mall if not, they would have gone to Iya Basira, the one that sells provision in Kiosk down their street to buy.

Those who actually needs help are those living under the bridge, those that live in the ghetto, those labourers who do dirty jobs. Those who beg on the road side needs this gesture not this one's in the shopping mall.

The moral of this is not actually him giving them it's encouraging the kind hearted that it pays to help others, 3 or 4 of these people he paid for their stuffs will be encouraged to keep helping those ghetto peolpe cos that was the way he appeared to them and they were able to help.

there are other ways he'll reach out to the ghetto not this way as 9 of 10 will fail this, cos they're hungry and angry at the same time, they need help too.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 23, 2019
StagethemTVee:
Son of late pastor Bimbo Odukoya, Jimmy Odukoya disguised himself during this yuletide season as a homeless man to see how people will react in kindness or otherwise. He stormed a shopping mall and the reactions were classic.

I would have failed the test, period. Even after watching this video I would still do the same and refuse to give hand-out to just anyone except I have some reason to believe he/she is sincere. We shouldn't twist Christian philosophy to legitimize and validate begging especially now that many people have taken to it as their career path. Nigerians can beg for anything and everything, from money for food, to money for school fees, for shop, for rent, for phone, for laptop, even for offering and tithe. When you give these individuals the money you are simply validating the poor lifestyle they lead.
I was met a woman in her 40s. She came to my company and demanded to see the head, so I took her into my office. She was well dressed and you wouldn't have suspected she was a beggar. She asked me for money, but it was too strange that I had to ask her some searching questions. She said she lost her job working at a water factory. I asked her further how that happened because her story seemed to suggest that she lost the job maliciously. She told me she took a week leave to go to her village in the East but that she didn't return until after about 3 months. Did she call her boss to inform him that she would stay that long? No she didn't. I concluded she justifiably lost the job. I asked her how much she was making from begging, she told me and I almost opened my mouth. The amount she was making from begging was so much more than the amount she was making why she was working at the water factory. I told her I would give her a job at the company, but she didn't want that. I was visibly angry but I knew there's nothing anyone could say to change her mind now. She had found a better paying career feeding off the kindness of Nigerians.
This is just one out of several cases that I have seen of Nigerians engaging in soft-scam called begging, strictly because it is an easy way to make money.
I believe in helping people when I can afford to do so but I apply a lot of commonsense in doing that. I would rather give you a job or help you find a job than give you money, because some of the things you ask people money for you wouldn't think of buying if you were the one making the money from your sweat. A lady once approached me for money to pay for her Patent Medicine training. How much her asked, she told me it was a little above 100k. I asked her if she was comfortable giving such amount of money to her oga when she should be gathering money to establish herself. She said she had to pay the money. But I also understand she wouldn't mind paying that insane amount of money to the Medicine Store where she trained because she felt the money was coming from me and not from her pocket. I told her I would rather get her a job. I called a friend who was employing and got her the job that was paying her N15,000 monthly together with free accommodation. After sometime working there, she had saved enough to start her own business. Interestingly she didn't pay that insane amount to her former oga, but instead went to establish her own shop.

So, it is not kindness when others live recklessly at your expense. It is stupi.dity on your part. Be guided and sensible in giving, many Nigerians are scammers and only out to deceive you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by Mcslize: 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
Pr0cter:

He actually used that to teach people to be kind. Everyone can learn from it. You can start today by going to an orphanage home to get them something. Nothing is too small. That's the whole purpose of the video. It's for people to learn from it.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response by ola9ja(m): 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2019
Not always true, in most cases shoprite item is more cheaper than that iya basira kiosk.
Pr0cter:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Douglas Akwesi Amanor Had Sex With A Married Woman, Gets Caught In The Act / Alfa Babatunde: Youths Burn Sotitobire Miracle Church In Akure Over Death Of Boy / Primate Ayodele Unveils His Prediction For 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.