Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? (1363 Views)

Groom Disappears On His Wedding Day, Bride Goes Ahead With The Event In U.K / Advice Needed: Should I Go Ahead With The Introduction / My Fiancee Betrayed Me: Should I Go Ahead With The Marriage Plans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by MichealKin50: 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2019
Hello everyone, I am heart broken right now. Please I need sincere advice and would appreciate if the mods move this to the frontpage.

I met this girl on 31st December, 2017 at a crossover night. We exchanged contacts and became friends afterwards. Months later we started dating. We have been through thin and thick together and I planned proposing to her this coming crossover night holding on 31st December, 2019.
Today when I returned from work I bought some gifts for her so I went straight to her place after work. I gave her the gifts and sh was so happy. Her mom thanked me and the brought food we ate.
After a while I told my girl that I want us to confess to each other the sins we have committed. We both laughed about it and I opened the floor. I told her that I have cheated on her once with my colleague she should forgive me. Note: I lied about this. Since I met this girl I have not seen another girl's pant.
It was her turn to confess. Friends I was shocked when my girl told me that she has slept with a guy while we are dating. This is a girl I love so much and planned to spend the rest of my life with.
Friends I am confused. I don't know how to tell her that I was lying when I said that I've slept with my colleague. And I don't know whether to continue with the proposal or not.
This is a girl I love so much and never suspected her of anything of such.
Please sincere advice.
Thanks
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by faithfull18(f): 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2019
Lol, she may be lying too.

12 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2019
grin
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
na wa. man! if you are not comfortable with her reply, move on with your life

you know the answer to your problem

stop overrationalising things and take your decision

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by MichealKin50: 8:18pm On Dec 23, 2019
faithfull18:
Lol, she may be lying too.
We musn't joke about everything. If you don't have advice just read and leave. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by Riele(f): 8:21pm On Dec 23, 2019
smiley

Forgive her tongue

You know how difficult it is to eat one food for the rest of your life .

She was only to trying to spice up her diet grin
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by faithfull18(f): 8:22pm On Dec 23, 2019
MichealKin50:
We musn't joke about everything. If you don't have advice just read and leave. Thanks.

I was serious, I think you should have asked further questions.
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by Prognose: 8:24pm On Dec 23, 2019
Obviously she was lying as well.

Op na wa for you o. You can dish it but you can't take it grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by Prognose: 8:26pm On Dec 23, 2019
MichealKin50:

Are you serious?!?!
Can't u see that she was obviously lying?
You hurt her by saying you slept with someone so she wanted to hurt you back. Na normal thing na. Guy are u sure you're ready for a serious relationship?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2019
Guy, u haven't married her yet and you are already lying...wow
How do u expect her to believe u lied initially or u won't tell lies again, how do u expect her to be truthful to you haven manipulated her

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by internationalman(m): 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2019
she's anything but lying..she is just been economical with the truth.

as a matter of fact just multiply that one person she slept with by the number of months since you met her, then you'd get your real answer about the number of guys she's slept with..

marry her if you want to. some girls can cheat without emotionally attached too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by MichealKin50: 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2019
faithfull18:

I was serious, I think you should have asked further questions.
She told me the guy. Her course mate
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by MichealKin50: 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2019
Prognose:
Obviously she was lying as well.

Op na wa for you o. You can dish it but you can't take it grin
I doubt she was.
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by daddytime(m): 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2019
Na wetin body dey find, na him body dey see.

Small pikin dem
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by AfroKnight: 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy

You got more than you bargained for.

Sorry, you must not confront her o. You must forgive by fire by force. You dey find wetin no lost. Now you don go jam the one wey pass you. Sorry. cheesy

Who told you such confession during the festive season was a good idea?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by mechanics(m): 11:45pm On Dec 23, 2019
There is nothing to worry about, we all have our past since we were not converted from birth, just tell her you were lying and if she's ready to leave her ex for you, then you can continue, if not quit, next time don't lie again, go straight to the point.
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by Prognose: 12:22am On Dec 24, 2019
MichealKin50:
I doubt she was.

Even if she wasn't it was you that asked for confession. You cheated on her with someone and expect her to forgive u but you're not willing to forgive her?

You don't love her pls. Move on.
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by ImaIma1(f): 12:31am On Dec 24, 2019
You started what you could not finish. Now you can't handle the result. She could also be lying. And how is she sure you didn't actually cheat and are now claiming you were lying?

You don't need advice. You know what you can live with and what you can't. Act accordingly.

One question though...What was the intention of the confession you initiated anyway?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by shege45: 1:45am On Dec 24, 2019
MichealKin50:
Hello everyone, I am heart broken right now. Please I need sincere advice and would appreciate if the mods move this to the frontpage.

I met this girl on 31st December, 2017 at a crossover night. We exchanged contacts and became friends afterwards. Months later we started dating. We have been through thin and thick together and I planned proposing to her this coming crossover night holding on 31st December, 2019.
Today when I returned from work I bought some gifts for her so I went straight to her place after work. I gave her the gifts and sh was so happy. Her mom thanked me and the brought food we ate.
After a while I told my girl that I want us to confess to each other the sins we have committed. We both laughed about it and I opened the floor. I told her that I have cheated on her once with my colleague she should forgive me. Note: I lied about this. Since I met this girl I have not seen another girl's pant.
It was her turn to confess. Friends I was shocked when my girl told me that she has slept with a guy while we are dating. This is a girl I love so much and planned to spend the rest of my life with.
Friends I am confused. I don't know how to tell her that I was lying when I said that I've slept with my colleague. And I don't know whether to continue with the proposal or not.
Please sincere advice.
Thanks
the funny thing is, if you open up and say you lied, she too go claim lie and you can’t do anything about it cus na u start am.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by JamieLannister: 3:03am On Dec 24, 2019
You want to open can of worms and you're not prepared for what comes after. grin grin
You must not leave that girl o.. You wanted a clean slate and there you have it. What is done is done. She was very courageous to tell you about that in the first place, most women will lie through their teeth even when caught in the act. Forgive her and move on.
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by DenreleDave(m): 6:47am On Dec 24, 2019
MichealKin50:

Please sincere advice.
Thanks

Since u were lying, she is probably lying too

So e never bad na... U guys are good to get married
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:53am On Dec 24, 2019
Don't worry, she was also lying to test you.
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by MichealKin50: 7:03am On Dec 24, 2019
Prognose:

Even if she wasn't it was you that asked for confession. You cheated on her with someone and expect her to forgive u but you're not willing to forgive her?

You don't love her pls. Move on.
Reread my post. I said I never cheated.
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by MichealKin50: 7:05am On Dec 24, 2019
shege45:
the funny thing is, if you open up and say you lied, she too go claim lie and you can’t do anything about it cus na u start am.
I am confused.
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by MichealKin50: 7:08am On Dec 24, 2019
ImaIma1:
You started what you could not finish. Now you can't handle the result. She could also be lying. And how is she sure you didn't actually cheat and are now claiming you were lying?

You don't need advice. You know what you can live with and what you can't. Act accordingly.

One question though...What was the intention of the confession you initiated anyway?
She posted a picture of our church member 'male' on her dp and say it was his birthday. After the birthday the pic was still there.
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by MichealKin50: 7:12am On Dec 24, 2019
MEGA4BILLION:
Don't worry, she was also lying to test you.
She told me the guy. She is not lying. I know my girl.
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by yeyeosoronga: 7:14am On Dec 24, 2019
MichealKin50:

But she may truly be lying like you did, just so it pains you too.

MichealKin50:
Reread my post. I said I never cheated.
Why would you tell such terrible lies on yourself? If you can lie about cheating, why can't she also?
You have to give her the benefit of doubt. Come clean and let her know you lied to get a reaction out of her. Find out why she cheated on you. Was it early in the relationship, or were you guys having issues then? Why? She volunteered the informatn, and could easily have said she's never cheated. Infact, that's the normal response from most cheats. Deny it at all costs.
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by StandUpGuy247: 7:17am On Dec 24, 2019
Please, whenever you guys are complaining here, stop with the "I love her so much" nonsense. You motherfvckers don't have a clue what love is abeg. And that shii is blindness and not love abeg angry

Bro, she was never your wife in the first place, what if you didn't have the intention of proposing? How she wan take know sey you plan on marrying her in the first place? Maybe she tried another guy and found you more valuable. Who knows.. grin

What you should try to find out is if they've stopped seeing each other for real, and if she has any feelings for the guy. If not, abeg just move on with her if she passes other tests.

Who go cheat go still cheat before or after marriage bro. na only God sure pass
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 7:18am On Dec 24, 2019
MichealKin50:
She told me the guy. She is not lying. I know my girl.

But you mentioned your colleague, so you think your girl doesn't know you well?
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by ImaIma1(f): 7:45am On Dec 24, 2019
MichealKin50:
She posted a picture of our church member 'male' on her dp and say it was his birthday. After the birthday the pic was still there.

What did say when you asked her? Could it be that she forgot to change it?

It might be that you are reading meanings into what she does because you don't trust her. And if she truly cheated, you have a decision to make. One that would give you peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by Mobree: 7:50am On Dec 24, 2019
internationalman:
she's anything but lying..she is just been economical with the truth.

as a matter of fact just multiply that one person she slept with by the number of months since you met her, then you'd get your real answer about the number of guys she's slept with..

marry her if you want to. some girls can cheat without emotionally attached too.

And so you came to this conclusion after reading just two paragraphs about her? Na wa o
Re: Should I Go Ahead With The Proposal? by Mobree: 7:52am On Dec 24, 2019
ImaIma1:

Good question... trouble siddon jeje, you go wake am. Watin you bin wan gain from the "confession session"?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys If You Want Sex Just Say So.... / I Squirt Out Dollars - Beautiful Slayqueen Shares Very Sexy Photos / How Can I Stop Loving Girls Please? I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.