Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? - Career (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (626596 Views)

I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2020
Guzel:

FG asked ASUU for concrete timeline. ASUU proposed 18 months. The 18 months was proposed by ASUU and not FG.
EAA is coming. Even if I have not been paid, I’m happy with the progress made so far.

My dear brother, I'm not beefing you. I don't beef people I don't know cheesy

I'm just saying that FG cannot be trusted. Take everything they said with the pinchest of salts. If it eventually happens, you thank God. If not, you move on without being heartbroken. If I tell how non teaching associations were promised heaven and earth about IPPIS eh, las las how market.

Just don't put your mind and hope in those agreements. For your Sanity's sake cheesy
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 18, 2020
Guzel:
Today, I attended ASUU Congress in my university. Our leaders briefed us on the outcome of the meeting with Govt.
1) Government have agreed to accept UTAS in principle. ASUU was given 18 months to properly code the UTAS for proper utilization. In the meantime ASUU members will be paid from the old system with new minimum wage.
2) Earned academic allowances will be paid soon. Lecturers were told to compute EAA for 2018 and 2019 which will feature in the 2021 budget and streamlined into monthly salaries
3 ) we were told that technologists have lost their 30k hazard allawee. Our vice chancellor and principal officers lost 50 percent of their pay after they enrolled.

Oga we don know u belong ASUU, stop all this ranting and hyping here. For the fact that other unions peculiar allowance have not been paid doesn't mean they will not later enjoy it.... Dat is the way IPPIS work initially even for those that are on the platform earlier, so spare us ur ITK like u ar d ASUU president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by aribitoye(m): 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
mistermanpikin:

Oga we don know u belong ASUU, stop all this ranting and hyping here. For the fact that other unions peculiar allowance have not been paid doesn't mean they will not later enjoy it.... Dat is the way IPPIS work initially even for those that are on the platform earlier, so spare us ur ITK like u ar d ASUU president
Guy, stop hating on him. Is it a crime to be an ASUU member? I'm also an ASUU member, but I have never hated or envied the non teaching staff. If ASUU and all other trade unions in the universities have all come forward with one voice from the onset, there wouldn't be need for this division and hatred.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by AAA593: 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2020
Guzel:
Today, I attended ASUU Congress in my university. Our leaders briefed us on the outcome of the meeting with Govt.
1) Government have agreed to accept UTAS in principle. ASUU was given 18 months to properly code the UTAS for proper utilization. In the meantime ASUU members will be paid from the old system with new minimum wage.
2) Earned academic allowances will be paid soon. Lecturers were told to compute EAA for 2018 and 2019 which will feature in the 2021 budget and streamlined into monthly salaries
3 ) we were told that technologists have lost their 30k hazard allawee. Our vice chancellor and principal officers lost 50 percent of their pay after they enrolled.
As a teaching staff, I love this grin

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
aribitoye:

Guy, stop hating on him. Is it a crime to be an ASUU member? I'm also an ASUU member, but I have never hated or envied the non teaching staff. If ASUU and all other trade unions in the universities have all come forward with one voice from the onset, there wouldn't be need for this division and hatred.
Hating kwa, I don't have his time, if not for his previous posts and his myopic insinuation àbout other unions.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by otokx(m): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
Let us all take it easy, what we are all after is concrete information to help us take informed decisions shocked
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2020
aribitoye:

I agree with you totally. The 'cold war' between ASUU and non academic unions are totally uncalled for.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2020
mistermanpikin:

Hating kwa, I don't have his time, if not for his previous posts and his myopic insinuation àbout other unions.

This is not the way to go bro. If the guy said something that you felt uncomfortable with, address it and don't sound like there's something else between you two

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by aribitoye(m): 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
Guzel:
Please did you guys vote in favour of suspending the strike?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Guzel: 6:48am On Mar 19, 2020
Samakus:

My dear brother, I'm not beefing you. I don't beef people I don't know cheesy

I'm just saying that FG cannot be trusted. Take everything they said with the pinchest of salts. If it eventually happens, you thank God. If not, you move on without being heartbroken. If I tell how non teaching associations were promised heaven and earth about IPPIS eh, las las how market.

Just don't put your mind and hope in those agreements. For your Sanity's sake cheesy
You can still make your point without using words like “envy” “beef” etc. let’s not argue on this. By now, you should have known that govt don’t accord same attention to ASUU and Nasu. Our leadership is optimistic, so we should be because ASUU Dey follow who sabi road.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by planetx13: 6:49am On Mar 19, 2020
Guzel:

Stop spreading false info..... It was previously stated that hazard will not be captured this February...

https://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/4f59e0e5383468c9e47c3990f30fa785?client=news
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Guzel: 6:51am On Mar 19, 2020
mistermanpikin:

Oga I didn’t tag you oh. I just highlighted what we discussed in our congress. You guys should not bring the unnecessary ASUU/nasu war here.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Guzel: 6:57am On Mar 19, 2020
aribitoye:

Please did you guys vote in favour of suspending the strike?
We were told that the strike committee will meet before Sunday to decide on that. They will brief the zonal leaders on the next line of action. As a union of intellectuals, we were told to report to classrooms by monday.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Guzel: 7:02am On Mar 19, 2020
planetx13:

Stop spreading false info..... It was previously stated that hazard will not be captured this February...

https://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/4f59e0e5383468c9e47c3990f30fa785?client=news
Oga/madam I’m not spreading false news. I only reported what was discussed in our congress. If that is the case, NAT should brief their members. The leadership is threatening to lock up labs.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 7:15am On Mar 19, 2020
Guzel:

You can still make your point without using words like “envy” “beef” etc. let’s not argue on this. By now, you should have known that govt don’t accord same attention to ASUU and Nasu. Our leadership is optimistic, so we should be because ASUU Dey follow who sabi road.

Now I understand why the other guy was vile in his response to you. Your ego needs trimming down
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by planetx13: 7:27am On Mar 19, 2020
Guzel:

Oga/madam I’m not spreading false news. I only reported what was discussed in our congress. If that is the case, NAT should brief their members. The leadership is threatening to lock up labs.

Oga face your front and face your problems..... what concerns ASUU and hazard allowance for technologists.......or is that what ASUU discussed with federal govt??

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by eagleeye2: 8:19am On Mar 19, 2020
These discussions has been civil so far, until last night. Unless there is something I am missing, I think you all should be matured in your feedback and responses.
I haven't seen what this Guzel of a guy did wrong by telling us what they discussed in the ASUU meeting... Abeg make all man continue to be civil, we will gain more from it.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 19, 2020
Guzel:

Oga I didn’t tag you oh. I just highlighted what we discussed in our congress. You guys should not bring the unnecessary ASUU/nasu war here.
Oga chiefo, am not angry with. Moreover am not even NASU member self... Enjoy ur day
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by aribitoye(m): 10:20am On Mar 19, 2020
Guzel:
UPDATED: Strike: Again, FG, ASUU talks end in deadlock https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/updated-strike-again-fg-ASUU-talks-end-in-deadlock.html
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by 7victor(m): 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2020
eagleeye2:

Please give figures and grade level. Because e get why..

It is not about grade level.

All grade levels were there(chief lecturers, principal lecturers, senior lectures , lecturers 1 , 2 and 3 etc).

We were clearly told that the money we received as February salary was the minimum wage

and that it will be our salaries from now onward.

They specifically told us to take note of our February salaries because it will be our salaries from now on,

except when we get to another step or level,that is when the salaries will change.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jeraw: 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Freemanbobble: 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2020
You are all should relax

Arrears is going to start coming in from now till tomorrow
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by dollext: 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
source please. BP don dey high already o.
Freemanbobble:
You are all should relax

Arrears is going to start coming in from now till tomorrow
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 19, 2020
dollext:
source please. BP don dey high already o.
Covid-19 has taken the money meant for our arrears
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 1:52pm On Mar 19, 2020
jeraw:

CONTISS 8/3 (A FEDERAL UNIVERSITY IN THE SOUTH SOTUH)

CONSOLIDATED + MINIMUM WAGE 130,061.25
PECULIAR ALLOWANCE 6,503.06
GROSS SALARY 136,564.31

NATIONAL HOUSING FUND 3,251.53
PENSION 9,754.59
UNION DUES 2,601.25
TAX 8,936.80
TOTAL DEDUCTIONS 24,544.15

NET SALARY 112,020.16

So, Hazard allowance was not paid
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jeraw: 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2020
Samakus:

Not at all embarassed
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Mrgreatness(m): 1:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
Samakus:

do you work in the laboratory

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
jeraw:
Not at all embarassed
in our institution(CoE) , the allowance is Peculiar on teaching staff payslip(7%of consolidated while it is Hazard/high risk on non teaching staff payslip(2% of consolidated).
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jeraw: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
Mrgreatness:
we used to earn hazard allowance of about 21,000 monthly including non-academic and academic staff from contiss 7 /Conuass 1 upwards but Technologists have another allowance like a different hazard being paid to them.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jeraw: 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
roman1755:
in our institution(CoE) , the allowance is Peculiar on teaching staff payslip(7%of consolidated while it is Hazard/high risk on non teaching staff payslip(2% of consolidated).
kindly explain with real figures like i did

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2020
jeraw:

kindly explain with real figures like i did
this is pre IPPIS. That's what we use to collect before ippis. But from payroll from ippis, it seems it is now called peculiar for all categories of staff
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 2:28pm On Mar 19, 2020
Mrgreatness:

I'm a technical staff. Technical staff/technologists are entitled to hazard allowance

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (267) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.