Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? - Career (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (626651 Views)

I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2020
suzystores:

Please according to your payslip where you paid the new minimum wage]
minimum wage has been implemented for all federal tertiary institutions staff
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 7:41am On Mar 22, 2020
suzystores:

Please according to your payslip where you paid the new minimum wage]

look at the image of my IPPIS payslip and the image of the agreed NMW structure for colleges and polytechnic. Do the maths, you will see that minimum wage has been paid. The only thing remaining now is arrears

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LudaChriz(m): 8:59am On Mar 22, 2020
roman1755:
minimum wage has been implemented for all federal tertiary institutions staff

Stop saying what you don't know with such audacity. Minimum wage has not been paid to Universities
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LudaChriz(m): 9:07am On Mar 22, 2020
onojiwizardgmailcom:

look at the image of my IPPIS payslip and the image of the agreed NMW structure for colleges and polytechnic. Do the maths, you will see that minimum wage has been paid. The only thing remaining now is arrears

Did u take ur time to check those documents very well?
From ur pay slip ur gross is 143k plus; while on the document showing the new minimum wage ur gross should be 161k plus.

Or aren't you on GL 02 step 4?

Minimum wage has NOT been paid!
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 9:55am On Mar 22, 2020
LudaChriz:

From ur pay slip ur gross is 143k plus; while on the document showing the new minimum wage ur gross should be 161k plus.

GL 02 step 4 on the image below is annual 1,611,085, divide by 12 it gives monthly 134,257.09 which is same as what is on my IPPIS payslip 134,257.08, PAA is not part of it. below is also my December payslip showing my old gross at 115,738.86 no PAA. PAA is allowance not included in your salary.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Humblezick(m): 10:15am On Mar 22, 2020
onojiwizardgmailcom:

GL 02 step 4 on the image below is annual 1,611,085, divide by 12 it gives monthly 134,257.09 which is same as what is on my IPPIS payslip 134,257.08, PAA is not part of it. below is also my December payslip showing my old gross at 115,738.86 no PAA. PAA is allowance not included in your salary.

Who have something similar to this for universities.
Please, post it here for us universities staff.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 10:50am On Mar 22, 2020
onojiwizardgmailcom:

So your minimum wage increase is just 2K...obobs!

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 11:02am On Mar 22, 2020
jmaine:

So your minimum wage increase is just 2K...obobs!
nope it is 134,257.08 - 115,738.86. = 18,518.22
18,518.22 is my NMW increase
it got swallowed by all the deductions IPPIS made.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Humblezick(m): 11:10am On Mar 22, 2020
onojiwizardgmailcom:

Kai. From what I have seen here, it seems this institution pays higher than some federal universities even.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 22, 2020
LudaChriz:

Jesus wept. Well keep on hoping and waiting for the implementation of New minimum Wage. I wish you the best of luck
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LudaChriz(m): 11:44am On Mar 22, 2020
onojiwizardgmailcom:

Sorry I didn't notice it was annual
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LudaChriz(m): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2020
onojiwizardgmailcom:

All those deductions have they not been there before? Is there any new deduction IPPIS introduced. If not, then ur increase is just 2k which can not be true.

I still stand my grand, minimum wage has not been paid
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 22, 2020
onojiwizardgmailcom:

my own increment suppose to be 20,726 but I ended up getting 7kplus after ippis obnoxious deductions. It seems the deductions made is what makes some people to doubt the implementation of the new minimum wage in February salary.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2020
LudaChriz:

All those deductions have they not been there before? Is there any new deduction IPPIS introduced. If not, then ur increase is just 2k which can not be true.

if You could just calm down and look at the 2 payslips, you would have noticed that there are 2 deductions in December, ie, tax and pension. Even the tax is very low(1kplus). Then look at the February payslip. You have NHF, union dues, tax(which increases to 9kplus) and pension.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 12:07pm On Mar 22, 2020
onojiwizardgmailcom:

We are saying the same thing na..

They used deductions to wipe off the entire thing... Terrible..
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2020
LudaChriz:

NHF is new 3000+

Pension was 7000+ on old payslip and now 10,000+

Income tax was 1000+ on old payslip now its 9000+

Union dues was 900+ on old payslip now it's 2000+

one is new others doubled and income tax increased substantially
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 12:22pm On Mar 22, 2020
jmaine:

We are saying the same thing na..

They used deductions to wipe off the entire thing... Terrible..

My arreas is still 18,518.22 per month, which is what am expecting, when arreas is paid. I have paid all those deduction for all those 11 months, on normal previous rate except NHF which is new, so I expect 18,518.22 X 11 months as my arreas. but going forward I know my salary is 117,000+ monthly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Humblezick(m): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
onojiwizardgmailcom:

My arreas is still 18,518.22 per month, which is what am expecting, when arreas is paid. I have paid all those deduction for all those 11 months, on normal previous rate except NHF which is new, so I expect 18,518.22 X 11 months as my arreas. but going forward I know my salary is 117,000+ monthly.

Does that means, all minimum arrears have already been deducted?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Mrgreatness(m): 3:14pm On Mar 22, 2020
LudaChriz:

Stop saying what you don't know with such audacity. Minimum wage has not been paid to Universities
Amen ooooooo
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Yohh: 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2020
Yohh:
What I can deduce from ur discussions so far is that university staff have been undertaxed but the IPPIS will ensure optimal tax deduction.
Tax used to be restricted to basic salary but that has changed since about 4 years ago, allowances are now taxed.
My tax jumped from 7k to 18k when my basic salary was just 120k in November, 2016 when the new tax system took off, I guess the universities didn't implement it then, but IPPIS automatically will, hence the drop in your take home now.
My basic salary was about 198k(before minimum wage addition) and tax was close to 40k because of my allowances
So don't be deceived, minimum wage might have be included in your salaries but your take home might not increase because of the optimal tax deducted.
Mind u, I work in a tertiary hospital not a university.
I refer u back to what I said earlier here.
It's obvious the educational institutions did not comply to the new tax system introduced in 2016.
With IPPIS now, no escape from proper taxation.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Birniwa(m): 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2020
LudaChriz:

At least he has supported his claim with a proof from his payslip above that the NMW has been implemented. Where's your proof of any kind that the minimum wage has NOT been paid? The last time I read your reply you were also speaking with gigantic audacity of a thing you can't prove.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 11:45pm On Mar 22, 2020
LudaChriz:

Even after the guy has taken time to explain the whole thing with proofs, doing calculations where necessary, you're still arguing blindly?

If you don't understand mathematics, ask him nicely. Maybe he will find time to help

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 11:54pm On Mar 22, 2020
onojiwizardgmailcom:

Thank you bro for posting these proofs. You're really an academic!

Now we all can see that NMW was paid!!!

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by LudaChriz(m): 7:13am On Mar 23, 2020
Samakus:

Even after the guy has taken time to explain the whole thing with proofs, doing calculations where necessary, you're still arguing blindly?

If you don't understand mathematics, ask him nicely. Maybe he will find time to help

Next time you read well before replying and u mustn't be rude in ur reply to people.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 9:44am On Mar 23, 2020
LudaChriz:

Next time you read well before replying and u mustn't be rude in ur reply to people.

Noted Sir Chris

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by suzystores: 1:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
The way you explained this whole thing you need an award of a double salary this March.Thank you Sir
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by suzystores: 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
onojiwizardgmailcom:

The way you explained this whole thing you need an award of a double salary for the month of March thank you Sir

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Mrgreatness(m): 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
freemanbubble:
Arrears is going to be paid next week
oga have you received
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
Mrgreatness:
oga have you received
the fg is battling to pay salary for now because of economic downturn arising from the COVID-19 virus. The issue of arrears may likely not be on the table for now .
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by suzystores: 3:21pm On Mar 23, 2020
roman1755:
the fg is battling to pay salary for now because of economic downturn arising from the COVID-19 virus. The issue of arrears may likely not be on the table for now .

That is my fear oo.hope dis month's salary will be paid
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Beebsquare1: 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
suzystores:

That is my fear oo.hope dis month's salary will be paid

It should be paid oo make them please oo
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Mrgreatness(m): 6:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
Beebsquare1:

It should be paid oo make them please oo
hahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (267) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.