Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent (43681 Views)

GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned / JUST IN: Sir Abel Omoruyi Ceo/Owner Iyare Motors Is Dead (pics) / The Mercedes Benz Sprinter Introduced By "God Is Good Motors" To Delta Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by BREYZ: 7:26am On Dec 27, 2019
executive12:

You are just ranting. Just pray that you or a relative of yours don't fall into the hands of kidnappers. You want to sue a transport company whose driver and passengers were kidnapped, together with their vehicle, and which offered to pay half the ransom?
If you need to sue, your lawsuit should be directed towards the Federal government, and the appropriate State government. It is their duty to provide security for all of us.
The transport company should have been forthcoming with information for the affected families though. They need to work on their customer service.

Who is this one? Mr sue federal govt & state govt, shift abeg.
Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by DexterousOne(m): 7:40am On Dec 27, 2019
ForkDragnet:
Mr man you are one of those who doesnt know their right to their left in this Nigeria and I am sure this isn't because you don't actually know your right, how would you say because they paid 5k the company should pay 1m to secure their release, if your type own a business which you run by yourself people can't return items o or even ask for refund self,

You paying to board a bus from one location to the other, means the transportation company is under the obligation to provide security and safety of everyone in that bus until they alight from their final destination, if anything happens on the way, the company is under every obligation to pay for compensation unless there's an undertaken signed by the passengers that everyone in the bus is at his/her own risk

It doesn't matter if he/pays 500 or 5000, greedy people like you are the ones running such companies like the one under topic

If you can't stand the risk then don't venture into it

If they're sued they'll pay even more than they ever think to each victims involved.

Your handle get as e be tho
Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by xcelentattitude(m): 7:52am On Dec 27, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is the problem with the absence of a functional consumer protection system in Nigeria.
Everyone is at the mercy of everyone.

But I'd love to know,

Aside showing genuine empathy, do you honestly think GUO is/was under any obligation to ensure the release of their kidnapped passengers?
Because I do not.
I may be wrong but I am open to Lalas. ticlala and other elders putting me right.

They are a transport company for fvck's sake and not an Elite Marine squad.
I doubt they even have an insurance policy on travellers or that any contractual agreement exists with passengers wherein they undertake to an unfailing delivery to destination.

The good thing here is that you got your relative back alive, but I'd say you spent too much energy on the transport company and it is sad that they treated you as petty scum and that is probably how they saw you considering you channeled none of such energy on the security agents and kidnappers in whose hands your relative's release solely lay in.

The wise ones here are your other relatives who saw the bigger picture and sought their salvation away from the tranpsort company.

The social media thing has given us a misguided spirit of aluta that solely hinges on blackmail.

Sit down and think again,
Do you know that if it was only you that your relative had, he'd probably be dead now while you'd have only succeeded in a viral smear campaign.

Next time life is involved, please use your head.

While at it, grow some conscience too.
To think you expect a transport company to dole out 1million as ransom for a passenger who probably paid less than 5k.

Ask yourself if you'd do the same if you owned GUO.

After taking my time to read this post my faith in God has increased exponentially.

I now believe that there's nothing God cannot do.

Sir NwaAmaikpe, this post made a load lotta sense... I just feel like giving you a big hug right now sir.

Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by alex67: 8:53am On Dec 27, 2019
Pls Dont spoil someone company, is God is good now the Nigeria police...go and report to the police
Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by frubben(m): 9:37am On Dec 27, 2019
Influential101:
Really ? so it's now the duty of transport Companies to protect Nigerians abi? Making sure their car is sound and employing good drivers may be their duty but securing people on the road? When they're even victims themselves..

I had a discussion with a driver one day, what those guys go through on the road ehhh.. many of them are doing it because no other source of livelihood..

I only hope that Nigeria gets better some day..
just a simple question sir. if in a year you heard and read that GUO motors lost 10 to 15 buses to kidnapping. Would you still travel with dem or even think of using dem?
Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by ABINTUK(m): 9:42am On Dec 27, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is the problem with the absence of a functional consumer protection system in Nigeria.
Everyone is at the mercy of everyone.

But I'd love to know,

Aside showing genuine empathy, do you honestly think GUO is/was under any obligation to ensure the release of their kidnapped passengers?
Because I do not.
I may be wrong but I am open to Lalas. ticlala and other elders putting me right.

They are a transport company for fvck's sake and not an Elite Marine squad.
I doubt they even have an insurance policy on travellers or that any contractual agreement exists with passengers wherein they undertake to an unfailing delivery to destination.

The good thing here is that you got your relative back alive, but I'd say you spent too much energy on the transport company and it is sad that they treated you as petty scum and that is probably how they saw you considering you channeled none of such energy on the security agents and kidnappers in whose hands your relative's release solely lay in.

The wise ones here are your other relatives who saw the bigger picture and sought their salvation away from the tranpsort company.

The social media thing has given us a misguided spirit of aluta that solely hinges on blackmail.

Sit down and think again,
Do you know that if it was only you that your relative had, he'd probably be dead now while you'd have only succeeded in a viral smear campaign.

Next time life is involved, please use your head.

While at it, grow some conscience too.
To think you expect a transport company to dole out 1million as ransom for a passenger who probably paid less than 5k.

Ask yourself if you'd do the same if you owned GUO.

Assuredly, wisdom is not far from you.

Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by Gudlite: 10:03am On Dec 27, 2019
The Driver should is a suspect,if the kidnapping occurred while changing Tyre.
Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by Psoul(m): 10:46am On Dec 27, 2019
I was able to detect so many contradictions and lies in this thread. I want to believe post was made to tarnish the image of the company.
Not trying to defend the company. I have never used their services before.

I don't want to buy the OP's story cos it sounds too cheap and was written with anger, bitterness and intention to damage the image of the company.
The truth is that a transport company should not have the sole responsibility of rescuing any passenger kidnapped on transit. Kidnap is different from case of accident where a company should take major responsibility towards the affected passengers.

For the sake of patronage and company-customer relationship, the company may decide to take part in trying to rescue the affected customers.
The OP want us to beliv that the company should bear 100% of the cost of the ransom. This is a stupid assumption. The kidnap was not caused by the company. The kidnapped victims were not on official journey organized by the company. They were on private journey, via the service of the company so they should not expect to have life insurance with the company.

The OP told us that the company kept silent over the issue. In the post, he enumerated some of the meetings held with different personnel of the company. Was he expecting the company to start writing on every national dailies on hw some passengers were kidnapped. Which is the most important: to secure the release of the victims or to start creating more tension by making it a social media issue?

OP, go and settle ur issues wt this company instead of trying to paint them black with issue that is not their fault at all.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
Didnt hear this on channels, so it fake news.
Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2019
executive12:

G. U. Okeke Transport Company

GU STANDS FOR WATIN?

1 Like

Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by showafrica(m): 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2019
Goodgod213:
GUO motors at okota normally don’t have manners or good approach to people. After you travel with them the first time, you won’t come back again lol. They also know all their customers are first timers. Nobody travels the second time with them

Nigerians are not good at representing firms. Almost all customer care i know are rude to customers. The only place i see good customer care is outside Nigeria. Pray never to be in a begging situation be at the hospital or anywhere in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by showafrica(m): 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
NaijadrivaCars:
I have stated in one of our posts that some Nigerian roads are bedeviled with kidnappers.

Some months ago, a transport Company driver was kidnapped but the company didn't respond, let alone pay any ransom. The said driver was released after his family members rallied to pay a N500,000 ransom after much bargain. Just imagine.

As a rule, Cross Country Transport have told their drivers to suspend travel if they can't get to their destinations before 9;30pm and a memo to this effect is pasted inside their vehicles for passengers to see.

Roads of known cases of motorist kidnaps:
Abuja-Okene road is dangerous

Abuja-Kaduna Road via Suleja (but you know, politicians hardly do what doesn't benefit them, that is why they have expanding Dutse so that the holdups at Dutse-Alhaji can be reduced and enable easy passage for motorists traveling to Kaduna -yes, you can also drive to most parts of the north through Dutse-Bwari).

Again, Owerri-Port Harcourt road, between IMO State Polytechnic, Umuagwo and Omerelu in Rivers State is bad.

And other areas too, like the one just reported.

As a rule, rich men travel by air. After all, the roads are not good. Check our profile to see a post about Christmas travel.

Anybody going to PH from Owerri after 7pm is on his own. If you are coming from lagos, stop at owerri and continue your journey the next day
Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by midnighter(f): 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2019
showafrica:

Nigerians are not good at representing firms. Almost all customer care i know are rude to customers. The only place i see good customer care is outside Nigeria. Pray never to be in a begging situation be at the hospital or anywhere in Nigeria.

What people on this thread refuse to understand is that a bit of "sweet mouth" goes along way.

Nigerians seem to derive some kind of sadistic pleasure from abusing innocent people smh
Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by showafrica(m): 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2019
midnighter:

What people on this thread refuse to understand is that a bit of "sweet mouth" goes along way.

Nigerians seem to derive some kind of sadistic pleasure from abusing innocent people smh

Yes, I use toast lines and tip, since i cant help it. However, most times you wont be in the mood. Still, i insist Nigerians lack manners... They act as if they forced to do the job.
Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by midnighter(f): 6:38pm On Dec 27, 2019
showafrica:

Yes, I use toast lines and tip, since i cant help it. However, most times you wont be in the mood. Still, i insist Nigerians lack manners... They act as if they forced to do the job.

When will we learn? According to these people its the OPs fault that GUO staff abused and frustrated him to kingdom come smh
Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by seangy4konji: 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2019
Which kain wahala be dis...person no go sleep him bed deh sleep with kidnappers inside tent and mosquito..

This Nigeria ehn..

A million ways to die.
Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by edoairways: 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
blowjohn:

Nice write up.
And am happy u mentioned insurance.
Many suffering Nigerians experience today is as a result of insurance policies we abandon.
We would rather build a house in the village than insure our future.
The average Nigerian family doesn't keep money for emergencies.
or indulge in insurance packages.
That's why u see people causing traffic congestion just becos their car got scratched.
An average Nigerian believes that all things are equal. "I will not die before my time", " no misfortune shall happen"

1 Like

Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by edoairways: 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
Henri8:

GUO staff spotted.
He is not
Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by edoairways: 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
efilefun:
Your first shot should have been twitter... could remember some weeks back when their driver acted funny with my luggage on my way back from accra... just one tweet my phone almost explode with calls from GUO offices both in naija and ghana. My luggage was returned complete. With twitter they know the whole world is seeing it at a go.
Why can't nairaland set that pace?
Re: My Brother Was Kidnapped And G.U.O Motors Is Silent by Henri8: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
edoairways:

He is not
He is�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Passport: Current Price / Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport / 2 ABSU Students, Others Feared Dead In A Ghastly Accident In Ore (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.