Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song (33090 Views)

Opinion: Cast By Shallipopi Is The Most Trending Immoral Song In Africa / Should Parents With Little Kids Have Househelp / Would You Dress Your Kids Like This? See Reactions (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Reference(m): 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2019
Don't worry. You will spend hundreds of thousands of naira to do repair works in the future. That is a certainty. Continue to toy with their lives.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2019
lilmax:
You have two marlians bro

They might not finish secondary school
JESUS, what savagery,you finished it
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by cicero(m): 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2019
What of places like chicken republic, dominos and other fats foods that have kids as their major customers? They play all kinds of immoral songs while kids are glaring at them. The saddest is chicken republic where I tried to get them to change the tv station from trace to some other station like sports, because there were kids there but the manager didn’t hide his hostility while insisting it is company policy and as such cannot change it.
In dominos they reserve on tv to advertise how they want to invest in kids but devote 3 other tv stations to showing. Naira Marley and Cardi b. No one is calling these people out except me I guess.
So like someone said, raising kids in Nigeria is getting as tough as social media becomes prevalent.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by akanbiaa(m): 4:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
CANDYDADDY:
My Two adorable daughters at age of 5 and 10 years have being cramming up what I thought to be immoral songs lately.

One of them sang Naira Marley's 'Opotoyi' when she was doing house-chore this morning.

I have almost put all my electronic gadgets on parental lock just for them not to be carried away by immorality.

One of them is even singing 'Omo oni di rabata', I almost beat the hell out of her.

Have bought them various educational song CDs and all sort of things

Help!
Pray for them, guide them and sit them down and make them realize how their future might be if they continue listening to such songs of morality and their effects on their souls and chance to make heaven and let them realize that that's the only way Satan can win them over but let them know you have done your own and that it's left to them to disgrace Satan or allow Satan to disgrace them the ball is in their court. Never use force on them for they will do worse behind you.

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Talkingoil(m): 4:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
faithfull18:
Lol, format their memories. If you are Christian, play gospel songs in the house, there are gospel songs for children too. I remember growing this way till today no interest to deliberately listen to secular songs and even when others play it around me, I am irritated and it doesn't stick.

Yes, train up a child the way he should go and when he's old he won't depart from it
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by mechanics(m): 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
Nawa o, teach them Christian songs.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by brainhgeek(m): 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
Why beat them? Are they singing the song with understanding? The elements of music which imprint itself on young people's mind are the rhythm, melody, harmony, and consistency. Even if they didn't like the music at first, persistent playing of the music around them will make them mimic the song unconsciously. Unlike adults who listen out for the lyrics and are attracted to specific genres, kids don't have a choice. They are like empty vessels waiting to be filled.
In my advice, I woyld say all you need to do is to change the music around them. Although, they can still listen to those music outside your house but your choice of music at home plays a great role in determining their taste when they grow.
People like us grew up listening to the like if Ebenezer Obe's 'kilo lefa lala Koko feblnfe?' , Sunny Ade's 'ekilo f'omode', Orlando Owo's 'eserere' etc. Somehow, my best style of.music is jazz and Asa is my favorite Nigerian act. I lost taste for noise and started listening to lyrics at a young age.
Just my suggestion though.

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by ForbesHomesNG(m): 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
hakeemhakeem:
So no djs in your neighborhood
Lilisticlili:
JESUS, what savagery,you finished it
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by sytccoach1(m): 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
A good example is better than one thousand words of scolding.
Thank me later.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by black9: 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
CANDYDADDY:
My Two adorable daughters at age of 5 and 10 years have being cramming up what I thought to be immoral songs lately.

One of them sang Naira Marley's 'Opotoyi' when she was doing house-chore this morning.

I have almost put all my electronic gadgets on parental lock just for them not to be carried away by immorality.

One of them is even singing 'Omo oni di rabata', I almost beat the hell out of her.

Help!

Some broadcasters are coming out against such contents

https://www.nairaland.com/5599828/why-should-cleanup-art-ife#85229598
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Harryase(m): 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
Nairaland is a wrong place to disclose issues like this. They are all here.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Liposure: 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
Firstly, Reprimand them.secondly, Encourage dem to listen 2 good music
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Bahamas95(m): 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2019
There was a day I heard my 5year old nephew singing "Last last school na scam" He was very serious while singing it and even doing some soft zanku leg work.......I spanked his bombom that day eh! I later explained to him why I spanked him and warned him never to sing that song again.

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by djon78(m): 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
IDnoble1:

They learn it from the society, most especially at the school parties. And some schools do play most of the songs even when there's no party in the school

Yeah many schools do.
I visited my cousin who is a strong born again that can pray heaven down and his kids 10, 8, 6 were dancing naira Marley soapy with the style and lyrics back to back. The eldest one has a mobile phone so the music was playing from his phone.
I was shocked

Naira Marley is having a very bad influence on a lot of young kids, corrupting young minds. Nawao

2 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by jeph19(m): 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
An apple never falls far from the tree...

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by IDnoble1: 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
djon78:

Yeah many schools do.
I visited my cousin who is a strong born again that can pray heaven down and his kids 10, 8, 6 were dancing naira Marley soapy with the style and lyrics back to back. The eldest one has a mobile phone so the music was playing from his phone.
I was shocked

Naira Marley is having a very bad influence on a lot of young kids, corrupting young minds. Nawao
I think one needs to start letting the children know by teaching that those sons are bad for adults not to talk of children from time to time. I work in a school and I try to rebuke those kinds of songs when played in our party , even in our last meeting a pastor who is a staff member spoke about it and I was glad to corroborate his points. Those DJs too lack the sense of decency which should make them understand that there are songs which are not expected to be used in a party for juveniles. Really the society is not helping the children at all

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by MedicH: 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
skentelelady:
Why locking gadget when they still attend birthday parties where they play such?? undecided undecided What do you and madam also listen too? So check well before you start to complain

Lemme ask you a question. ..How did you arrive at the conclusion that the kids attend birthday parties?

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by faithfull18(f): 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
djon78:

Yeah many schools do.
I was shocked

Most Christians don't consider things like this as important. Weddings, school partiesetc. Can you imagine my shock when I heard the kind of music being played @ a children's Christmas party organised by a popular church here in Nigeria. They say gospel songs are boring. For me, this secular songs sounds like noise with meaningless lyrics.

Lots of gospel songs with impactful messages, soul-lifting lyrics, some are danceable to. It's high time, we need to start hammering on it.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by DavidEsq(m): 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
stupidity:
I traveled down to Edo state few weeks ago.

Went out to get something when I heard girls of about 10 to 16 singing and dancing to one song I don’t know the singer but I could hear them shouting “body fineee, toto sweeeeet”

grin
They really emphasized on the “toto sweet”

What is happening to Nigerians and it’s parenting system?

2 Timothy 3:1-2:
But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal.
This doesn't mean that things haven't been bad. It simply means things will be terribly bad. As in, very very bad. The scriptures doesn't tell us how things would become bad. It only says it would be come terribly bad. Looking at the times now u would agree that worse is coming and the only way to avoid this, is to listen to God by sticking to his instructions, which is never old school.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by MedicH: 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
brainhgeek:
Why beat them? Are they singing the song with understanding? The elements of music which imprint itself on young people's mind are the rhythm, melody, harmony, and consistency. Even if they didn't like the music at first, persistent playing of the music around them will make them mimic the song unconsciously. Unlike adults who listen out for the lyrics and are attracted to specific genres, kids don't have a choice. They are like empty vessels waiting to be filled.
In my advice, I woyld say all you need to do is to change the music around them. Although, they can still listen to those music outside your house but your choice of music at home plays a great role in determining their taste when they grow.
People like us grew up listening to the like if Ebenezer Obe's 'kilo lefa lala Koko feblnfe?' , Sunny Ade's 'ekilo f'omode', Orlando Owo's 'eserere' etc. Somehow, my best style of.music is jazz and Asa is my favorite Nigerian act. I lost taste for noise and started listening to lyrics at a young age.
Just my suggestion though.

And you rather fill them with naira marley?
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by MedicH: 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
Come to my house sha. Growing up till now it's phil collins all the way. Made a lot of sense really.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by nervorum: 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2019
bigass123:
Truth be told, good parenting is increasingly becoming more difficult.
It takes a lot of discipline, commitment and close monitoring of your ward. You can control what they're exposed to within your house but what of when they get outside the house. The school, among friends even the church. They pick up stuffs from their peers.
May God help us in this generation

Good parenting is increasingly becoming difficult because parents have increasingly become bad (with all this brazen show of immorality on social media, to think that these pple would have kids someday).

Fruits don't drop far from their source. Children learn a lot from parental examples. Raising correct children requires parents to be correct first. There are tons of healthy multimedia content out there suitable for kids. There are technologies that make control even better than possible yesteryears. But If you tolerate toxic entertainment whether in secret or open, dont expect your kids not to be entertained from them too, either in secret, open or both. There is peer influence, but charity does begin at home.

The prescription for raising good children amidst societal decay and decadence is abundantly clear in the (presumably outdated) bible. The prescription works.

4 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Oseniade(m): 7:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
miraculous4life:
Good evening guys. Have been a nairalander for the past 7 years as a guest. I never knew I can register and be a member where I can post stuffs in different sections. Last 3 months I became aware and register but the thing is I don't know how to post stuff as a caption. Please anyone can help me with some directions, I will be glad. Thanks

This account was created on the 1st October, 2017. Who are you trying to fool?

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Reussite: 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
The secular music menace has become a thing because I remember in my JS1 days during the xmas & end of term parties regardless of the many PSquare songs played I was not in any way caught singing along with the rest despite it been the rave of the moment.
I guess its because of the training received at home.

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by osazsky(m): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2019
What is crammed
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by nervorum: 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
Charity begins at home..

If you enjoy what you consider immoral songs, your children would like them even more..

If you dress to kill or slay, all in the name of 'open eye', dont worry, your children would literally go out naked, its a matter of time..

If you lie and cheat, your kids would know, they would do out-lie and out-cheat you, its only a matter of time..

How proper chlidren turn out to be starts from how disciplined parents are themselves.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by brainhgeek(m): 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2019
MedicH:

And you rather fill them with naira marley?

Did you read through my write-up or you just picked that line? I implore you to read through sir.

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by shoboy9: 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2019
it is the foundation that matters. They will hear these songs soon enough, from school, neighbours , or even yourself. BVy 5years they should know that some things are not of God. and they should start learning self control even earlier. Prayer and abiding in God's presence will help them see the difference. There's a lot more but hope the summary gives a direction of sorts.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by worldwide71: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
It's only God that can deliver the children of nowadays,it does not mean you are listening to those music at home but what of outside exposure. The children might not even be attending parties but let God just deliver us. My advise is just to be more closer to them in other to erase all these outside exposures from their brain
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by kingscare1(m): 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
ghost3040:
You are worse than the kids.. undecided undecided

Why are you bringing up this kind of his past? Are you a saint or holier? Everybody got a past. Don't be judgemental, just help him out if you can or stay mute if you can't.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by themaestro08(m): 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2019
CANDYDADDY:

[/b]One of them is even singing 'Omo oni di rabata', I almost beat the hell out of her. [b]

Help!
Don't you think it will be better if you sit them down and discuss things with them rather than given out capital punishment? In the next 10 years the older Girl will be 18 ? Right? An adult, will you also dictate things for her? If she is in university how will you know the kind of songs she listen to?

Man, if anyone haven't tell you this now listen... Forget they are your little kids. The truth is they view their selves as individuals. They are smart. Discuss with them, hear their point of view, however, Ensure that sort of song isn't accessible to them. You can even reward them if they obey your rules by doubling their pocket money and gifts, and so on

Man just be creative,and be smart.this is minor issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Sex On First Date Make A Lady Look Cheap? / Man Tattoos His Late Mother's Face In His Hand (Photos) / Lady Dies Four Weeks After Graduation And Few Months To Her Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.