Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street (45912 Views)

Junction Improvement Projects: Makinde Gives Free Shops To 700 Traders In Ibadan / Atiku Is Not Chasing Shadows. He Knows Tinubu Certificate Is Fake. / Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by otokx(m): 9:26am On Dec 26, 2019
Anwons:
Good thinking! Somewhere in south south eeh, Rivers to be precise, only to chase people up and down without adequate alternative

Those people selling have taken over almost every junction and cause untold hardship to commuters. They also have a way of polluting the environment with waste. WIKE has done well to deploy a taskforce made up of Rivers citizens who have brought order to the roads at least within working hours and he pays them well so in the process jobs have been created.
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by Grupo(m): 9:27am On Dec 26, 2019
PointZerom:
You once sold bread but today you're looting the Treasury.

Everybody is not Buhari and Tinubu that loots public treasury.
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by UncletC: 9:27am On Dec 26, 2019
PointZerom:
you are a kill joy...
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by donogaga(m): 9:27am On Dec 26, 2019
PointZerom:

Do you have any evidence?

This is uncalled for.

He's seen as one of the most transparent, people friendly and responsible Governor in Nigeria today.
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by donprinyo(m): 9:28am On Dec 26, 2019
PointZerom:
Enemies of de state. APC
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by MT: 9:28am On Dec 26, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Exactly why we need man who grew from the street to run the affairs of this country

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up

You never learnt from history. When you elected Jonathan who had no shoe as the president, what was the result?. Being poor or being rich is never a credential to lead. Governance is a different ball game entirely, it's like an art that needs to be mastered. I started scrutinizing Makinde the day he chose his wife as the chairman of SACA; that's nepotism and the people chose to be silent about it. Keep building the dragon that will grow to consume the whole state.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by barragan: 9:29am On Dec 26, 2019
TallPck1:
Remember your route, but why don't you build a good shopping complex for them at affordable price .

Even if you give them shops for free they won't stay there. They prefer to be by the road side close to potential buyers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by surgical: 9:31am On Dec 26, 2019
Dreal1247:
Sending people out of the street without adequate plans for their settlement is a wrong approach to solving problems.
Reasons I can never be a fan of fashola,a very harsh and insensitive man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by lexy2014: 9:32am On Dec 26, 2019
PointZerom:

Oga, how?
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by surgical: 9:33am On Dec 26, 2019
MT:

You never learnt from history. When you elected Jonathan who had no shoe as the president, what was the result?. Being poor or being rich is never a credential to lead.
Jonathan is by far better than what we currently have

1 Like

Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by valarmorghulis: 9:33am On Dec 26, 2019
Brandstudio01:
[b]Exactly why we need man who grew from the street to run the affairs of this country

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up[/b]
"I had no shoes". Sounds familiar?

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by Kenneth10110(m): 9:33am On Dec 26, 2019
PointZerom:

Let him loot as long as he isn't a tyrant no man will be on such post without looting.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by lexy2014: 9:35am On Dec 26, 2019
Flier:
Its a wrong policy and only looters keep traders on the street to make them Happy
Ajemobi built thousands of shops around ibadan and I think he should chase them away and do the same
I don’t like his style of government,he is trying to please everyone but neglecting the problems,Ibadan is getting worse by day
Unborn generations will pay for this nonsense,we don’t want to return to old messy oyo state left by previous PDP governments

How does leaving traders on d streets now automatically make a governor a looter?
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by MT: 9:35am On Dec 26, 2019
surgical:
Jonathan is by far better than what we currently have

I will be interested to have a civil discourse with you on this. Open a thread , name it Jonathan vs Buhari , and let us talk from the position of knowledge and not rumour. Are you ready to take the challenge?

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by Sirwallace(m): 9:35am On Dec 26, 2019
TallPck1:
Remember your route, but why don't you build a good shopping complex for them at affordable price .
Firstly, it is not the job of the government to build shopping complex. Investors do that.

Secondly, even If he built that, the rich will hijack that complex like that buillion van megalomaniac always do in Lagos.
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by adedayourt(m): 9:36am On Dec 26, 2019
TemmyWon:

Have you even been following this man in this news? He's in his first tenure and not even up to a year in governance.
I'm learning not to be insulting people undecided undecided

Insult pls wats d fun if u don't remind him how stvpid he is
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by danilmo: 9:37am On Dec 26, 2019
TemmyWon:

I'm sure you're the only Nigerian that doesn't know that Sanwo has been commissioning projects that were 75% dome by his predecessor.
If your father were to be among the pensioners Makinde paid or your sister among the wrongly fired workers he reinstated you will not be vomiting like an overfed dog here

Does GSM has none to complete.?!

Do u know how many 50-75% sanwo olu the pointer has completed and commissioned??

Did u realise Sanwo olu has initiated more than 30 Road construction?

Did u follow up sanwo olu and his strict move as regards the upcoming Lagos seaport??

Light rail nko??

please shove those opinion of yours for GSM. if cares is not taken , this Man will end up making OYO a worst local state in the aim of pleasing commoners while major works will b lacking, after many month in office, only to be hearing, he paid pension, he reduce school fees , he once sold bread, is this why he was voted?? to come and win emotions?? Nawa o...

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by CSTR2: 9:38am On Dec 26, 2019
A very different breed from the rest of the Yoruba governors.
A sign that he did not attend the tinubu school of elitism.

The majority of your people are poor.
I don't see why the policies of state government would be about removing the poor from sight and some people will call it progress.

A good government should help the poor mostly.
If the rich don't like, they can fucckk off.

In Lagos, the reverse is the case.

Governors from the tinubu school of backward economics and capitalism.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by BabaO2: 9:38am On Dec 26, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Exactly why we need man who grew from the street to run the affairs of this country

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up
careless talk, so because he once defecated into lagoon/ road side at yemetu his government will not arrest those defecating into our lagoon and on the major streets

1 Like

Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by valarmorghulis: 9:39am On Dec 26, 2019
MT:

I will be interested to have a civil discourse with you on this. Open a thread , name it Jonathan vs Buhari , and let us talk from the position of knowledge and not rumour. Are you ready to take the challenge?
Buhari isn't perfect, I was very angry at this government, the way they treated sowore is not good at all but Buhari is far better than Jonathan when it comes to corruption/infrastructure

1 Like

Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by CSTR2: 9:40am On Dec 26, 2019
BabaO2:
careless talk, so because he once defecated into lagoon/ road side at yemetu his government will not arrest those defecating into our lagoon and on the major streets
Backward mindset.

This is the same logic your politicians in Abuja use.
Poor people like you don't deserve certain privileges.
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by CSTR2: 9:42am On Dec 26, 2019
In Lagos, the governors are competing over who can tax the poor the most and boost the IGR.

As if taxation in the midst of growing poverty is progress.
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by Legendvic: 9:46am On Dec 26, 2019
PointZerom:
I pray that ignorant won't kill you.
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by Mouhstorph5(m): 9:49am On Dec 26, 2019
Sonnyboom:
Here we go again

Sanwo Igbo n PDP were accusing of being point n queue governor commissioned close to 10 standard project this month already our amiable governor ipob want us believe was send by God is yet to commission any 4 by 4 stall talk less of block buy he is here dishing out propaganda of bread. That is what he will commission this month. Follow fire ! As Sanwo spent a year in office that some fools started castigating him ? Why should this liar be given more time for his none performance ?

It's obvious hatred flows in your veins..
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by elujah1(m): 9:53am On Dec 26, 2019
PointZerom:
Did you loot it with him

1 Like

Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by Correcto: 9:54am On Dec 26, 2019
Can you simply focus on the point he made? You are about to carry your frustrations into 2020 .Be careful
Sunofgod:
Liar......show pictorial proof.
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by Correcto: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2019
People keep quiet when they know you are not a tyrant.
MT:

You never learnt from history. When you elected Jonathan who had no shoe as the president, what was the result?. Being poor or being rich is never a credential to lead. Governance is a different ball game entirely, it's like an art that needs to be mastered. I started scrutinizing Makinde the day he chose his wife as the chairman of SACA; that's nepotism and the people chose to be silent about it. Keep building the dragon that will grow to consume the whole state.
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by Jfkitchen123(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2019
PointZerom:
Smh
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 26, 2019
PointZerom:
See this one talking as if you wouldn't do worse when you get there.
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by delpee(f): 10:12am On Dec 26, 2019
In fairness to Ajimobi, he provided alternative market spaces when he chased traders off the roads especially at Molete/Challenge and Agodi areas.

I pray GSM succeeds in developing Oyo state further and faster.
Re: ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street by shomutuski(m): 10:13am On Dec 26, 2019
Hold Something!!!! Astalavi Giddem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Fate Of Those Decampees In Edo State Right Now / Al-Barnawi: "Kill Christians, Target Churches Not Mosque" / Aisha Buhari Speaks On Arrest Of Her ADC, Sani Baban-Inna Over N2.5Billion Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.