Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,975 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please (9918 Views)

Nigerian Men Are Not Intelligent - Baddie / My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Hhenryy: 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2019
Brock202:
Hi everyone, i dont want to bore you with long talk.
I need your advise on this issue,
Me and this girl have been in a relationship for over a year now, she posses some of the features i want in my woman but she's lacking one thing which is intelligence, i always be the one to bring up a topic we can talk about, I've never meet her for advice or anything that bothers me because i know she can't proffer any solution to it, we don't use to chat on WhatsApp after saying hi and i reply, how was your day that's the end, I'm the only one that bring up issue to discuss everytime but now am tired of it, I've complained to her several times but she said she don't what to say, I've sent her some books to read but she didn't read any of them. I'm thinking of breaking up with her because i can't cope with her again and then i decide to give it a second thought that's why i put it here if there is any other tips i can use to build her up to my taste

Advise me please!

Being a talkative doesn't equate to intelligence.

A measure of intelligence is based on a series of tests which assess various types of abilities such as mathematical, spatial, verbal, logic and memory.
So you can't really judge someone based on conversational skills/abilities alone.

There are many talkatives that are not intelligent. They can talk extensively on virtually any topic but sucks when it comes to logical reasoning/problem solving.

In contrast, most highly intelligent people don't talk much but are very good at problem solving and that's what intelligence entails.

I hope the topics you are raising are not about Nigerian politics and celebrities? If you really want to check her intelligence, then test her problem solving ability.

Away from intelligence now, every person has his/her own area of interest. Try to raise issues/topics in her area of interest and you maybe surprised at the way she will open up for talk.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by moscow406(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2019
Brock202:

Answers
1)She's still an undergraduate
2)Online and whenever we're together too we barely talk about serious issues. Few weeks ago she complained about how i stopped chatting with her on WhatsApp and i said it to her face that i'm fed up of bringing up topic everytime, she nearly cried that day she said its not her fault that she don't what to say i should teach, that's when i sent her some books for women
3) We are not from same region
It's simple.

You're young lovers, just dating for the sake of it or for the so called mutual attraction you have towards each other. You are trying to make an impact on her life but she isn't ready, believe me it woulda been easier if you were from the same department or you had ideas about her course of education (I might be outrightly wrong) . Example: what do you expect a law student to teach a medical student if that medical student isn't interested in other things.

Your relationship isn't one that'll lead to anything, you guys are just together for the fun of boyfriend and girlfriend, sex and the material things you can gain from one another. There isn't a girl that doesn't talk in her relationship, if she doesn't my brother you're dating yourself. You have seniors and juniors you don't know about yet.

When it's not 2go love.
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by DrayZee: 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
It's not her fault. And intelligence is not the problem here. It's more likely due to the way her parents raised her. As you said yourself, her younger sister is also like that. I've seen girls that know next to nothing and they're in universities...as if they were raised in a hole or something.
Now, you need to expose her to a variety of social events. Could be gaming, could be social media, it could be a sport...anything that promotes interaction. There's no way you guys will be doing an activity together and she'll just be silent.
Try to take her swimming, or to play basketball...do something that'll make things happen.

I can't believe I have to tell someone things like this. You sef you're boring. So your own is just to chat chat chat till thy kingdom come.
Wetin dey work niggas these days?

4 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Mekenz(m): 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
Brock202:
Me and this girl have been in a relationship for over a year now, she posses some of the features i want in my woman but she's lacking one thing which is intelligence, i always be the one to bring up a topic we can talk about, I've never meet her for advice or anything that bothers me because i know she can't proffer any solution to it, we don't use to chat on WhatsApp after saying hi and i reply, how was your day that's the end, I'm the only one that bring up issue to discuss everytime but now am tired of it, I've complained to her several times but she said she don't what to say, I've sent her some books to read but she didn't read any of them. I'm thinking of breaking up with her because i can't cope with her again and then i decide to give it a second thought that's why i put it here if there is any other tips i can use to build her up to my taste

Advise me please!
you need to throw more light on what you measure as been intelligent from a person, from your own point of view, if you can answer that, then i can proceed from there by issuing my succinctly advice.

NB:

Nobody is a boring person, it takes a like minds souls to frolic together.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Brock202: 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2019
Mekenz:
you need to throw more light on what you measure as been intelligent from a person, from your own point of view, if you can answer that, then i can proceed from there by issuing my succinctly advice.

NB:

Nobody is a boring person, it takes a like minds souls to frolic together.
As someone said up there i think boring, timid and naive are the right words for me to use. Back to your question, ever since we've been dating she never bring up any issue/topic we can talk about, future plans, life after school etc

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Mekenz(m): 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
Brock202:

As someone said up there i think boring, timid and naive are the right words for me to use. Back to your question, ever since we've been dating she never bring up any issue/topic we can talk about, future plans, life after school etc
your answer still boil down to my second paragraph, about like mind soul going together, have you study these your so called girlfriend very well? According to you she is an undergraduate, how those she relate and mingle with her course mate, both genders? is she a newbie in a relationship settings? what are her interest, passion and drive about her course and life in general? And finally is she really have interest in you as you said. Just dig these issues and you will surely find what you have been looking for.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Solsix(m): 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

I also noticed you aren't intelligent too. Your write up says it all. You are incoherent and unfiltered with your punctuation and grammar. Ordinarily, I wouldn't have put effort into noticing your errors but if you can summarize a girl for not being intelligent, I reserve the right to also spot the difference.

Both of you should consider yourselves as dumb and work together to uplift eachother. You both need eachother.

Richdad
Lol, but guy why are you deviation from the topic?? At least he was coherent enough.
Back to the topic communication is very key in any relationship. The first thing that attracts me to a potential partner is ability to communicate. Pls give her some time after which u can let her go.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Brock202: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Mekenz:
your answer still boil down to my second paragraph, about like mind soul going together, have you study these your so called girlfriend very well? According to you she is an undergraduate, how those she relate and mingle with her course mate, both genders? is she a newbie in a relationship settings? what are her interest, passion and drive about her course and life in general? And finally is she really have interest in you as you said. Just dig these issues and you will surely find what you have been looking for.
Thanks for this
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Iwanttoto: 10:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
Richdad50:
[s]shocked

I also noticed you aren't intelligent too. Your write up says it all. You are incoherent and unfiltered with your punctuation and grammar. Ordinarily, I wouldn't have put effort into noticing your errors but if you can summarize a girl for not being intelligent, I reserve the right to also spot the difference.

Both of you should consider yourselves as dumb and work together to uplift eachother. You both need eachother.

Richdad[/b[/s]]

[b]Stupiddad
undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by IDERAWOLE(m): 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
Brock202:

Advise me please!

You don't have any problem. When you post any or some of the qualities you admire in her, then we can discuss if there's any reason why you should continue in the relationship or not.

How do you describe intelligence?

Check up the meaning of the word in Wikipedia to be sure that's what you're missing in her.

Everyone has an area of interest, when you hit the spot of interest, discussing in the language she flow with, then you come to the conclusion if she's intelligent or not.

If you're looking forward to wife with good spoken English, then encourage her to enroll in an English class.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by biddostandard: 11:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
funmisticqueen:
i tire o! telling a youth to read in this economy is a herculean task. that she is socially awkward is not a sign of lack of intelligence. what do i know?
dear
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by pansophist(m): 11:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad

Language is merely a means of communication, not a test of intelligence. The poster's inability to eloquently put forth his point doesn't make him unintelligent or invalidate his query. She may speak Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa, and be super intelligent in it, there are lots of people like that, such as the businessmen in Alaba/Onitsha market. The OP has a valid query, and he should be advised, not picked upon.

No offense intended.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 26, 2019
lilwetdick:
you want to give someone daughter books to read

bigdhap come and see you life outside

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by praz001(m): 11:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
Brock202:

Answers
1)She's still an undergraduate
2)Online and whenever we're together too we barely talk about serious issues. Few weeks ago she complained about how i stopped chatting with her on WhatsApp and i said it to her face that i'm fed up of bringing up topic everytime, she nearly cried that day she said its not her fault that she don't what to say i should teach, that's when i sent her some books for women
3) We are not from same region

Bro,
She has given you a perfect answer from(2) stated above....

We ain't born the same....

Try teach her. She would as well have her area of interest, develop her from there.....

The more you build together the better. I know she cant be totally unintelligent as you portray her, only that you are expecting her to be on a level she hasn't attained.

Kindly ignore all these relationship scatter scatter comments about dumping her......

But if you know you can't cope, follow your heart.

Some1 will love her just the way she is......
HAPPY BOXING DAY!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by NUJABEZ: 11:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
I used to date one dumb girl like that... Never again.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by africandictator(m): 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
My brother you are a sapiosexual and you can never be happy with that girl. Break up with her and find someone else that brings the sparks in you. It Must be her bedmatics that is preventing you from breaking up with her long since. Hence you are confusing lust for love..

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 27, 2019
maybe she doesn't love you or she definitely has topics that interest her, some ladies love to talk money (no jokes) . if you are not talking money they are bored already
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Nobody: 1:26am On Dec 27, 2019
tohyorsih2:

bigdhap come and see you life outside
seems that asswipe is still hurting from calling him a sissy MF.

Also he seems obsessed with that picture..
I won't be surprised if the bloody gay starts wanking off it.

I've reported the MF already.

And you grandma. No greetings on Christmas huh?
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 27, 2019
biGDhAp:
seems that asswipe is still hurting from calling him a sissy MF.

Also he seems obsessed with that picture..
I won't be surprised if the bloody gay starts wanking off it.

I've reported the MF already.

And you grandma. No greetings on Christmas huh?

Ah sorry! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance ooo. Great grandpa undecided
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 27, 2019
tohyorsih2:

Ah sorry! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance ooo. Great grandpa undecided
... Right back at you great great grandma..

Why the face though
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by MrCork: 3:59am On Dec 27, 2019
Brock202:

Advise me please!

Bro is her name Blesskewe or Lamanii22 from nairaland...they only watch Yoruba movies ..issssit one of them?(no oofeense)
angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Ihategirls(m): 4:02am On Dec 27, 2019
I'm sure you can still help bring the best out of your babe.

You have to be patient with her and look out for her interest (as someone ask you above about her interest I've not seen your reply).

If the wifey virtue you've noticed matter to you at all, endeavor to break through the wall of unintelligence (according to your words).

Then you got to KNOW her background, her past and personality.
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 27, 2019
biGDhAp:
... Right back at you great great grandma..

Why the face though

I knew i was looking for your trouble when i called you "great grandpa"
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by SmartMen: 4:26am On Dec 27, 2019
Brock202:

Advise me please!

Copied content lol. I have read this on nairaland few years ago. Try another style.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by DenreleDave(m): 4:38am On Dec 27, 2019
Brock202:

Advise me please!

Bros, if she is a good lady, marry her... Many naija ladies are like dt... Not all have much to say, na for bedroom dem dey talk with their market selling hole
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Nobody: 4:41am On Dec 27, 2019
which type of books?
send her romance novels
nigerian girls go crazy over romance novels.
u cant be sending her Nelkon and parker physics text books and other academic books and u expect her to be reading them when she aint preparing for any exams
be innovative and send her good romance novels since u say u like girls who read

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 27, 2019
MrCork:

Bro is her name Blesskewe or Lamanii22 from nairaland...they only watch Yoruba movies ..issssit one of them?(no oofeense)
angry
This trollin' guy grin
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 27, 2019
She doesn't like you.
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Olugbenga1234: 6:39am On Dec 27, 2019
Brock202:

Advise me please!
pm Me her number
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by giddy10(m): 6:51am On Dec 27, 2019
she is not into you yet and one way to turn this ( I can't believe am giving this advice) both of you need to be intimate; I mean she is going to be into the relationship after you guy make love. That's one way some ladies value relationship and work for it. (Don't force her OK because that will be rape)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Brock202: 7:45am On Dec 27, 2019
lefulefu2:
which type of books?
send her romance novels
nigerian girls go crazy over romance novels.
u cant be sending her Nelkon and parker physics text books and other academic books and u expect her to be reading them when she aint preparing for any exams
be innovative and send her good romance novels since u say u like girls who read
Can you please recommend some for me?
I do send her motivational books though
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Brock202: 7:46am On Dec 27, 2019
Thehumanlloydl:
She doesn't like you.
That's not true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Leave The Girl I Disvirgin For The Girl I Didn't Disvirgin? / These Ladies Ain't Loyal at All / Ladies What's Your Turn Off In A Guy? Guys Learn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.