Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas (63327 Views)

Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? / The Covenant Of Prophet Muhammad With The Christians Of Sinai / The Forgotten Christians Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 27, 2019
asas:

It's only the ignorant ones who show hostility to themselves, the more enlightened ones do not have to stress, there are things we do no dat we don't have to say ......I have muslim bosses we are cool with ourselves ......

Exactly! we harbor no ill will towards others. But you lot are paranoid when it comes to us. What dont we have to say?

i think this discussion has run its course. But one last question,

Me yasa baki iya hausa ba sosai?

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by XcelMan: 1:31am On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Exactly! we harbor no ill will towards others. But you lot are paranoid when it comes to us.

@vanghnsangrey

This Monica quote you CHATEY

Some people don't understand your point but you're also not being honest. There are pure Hausa people who are Christians. A sizeable indigent population of places like Malumfashi and Mani local govts in Katsina are pure Hausa and Christian. They have no other ethnicity. There are other places like that across the core northwestern Hausa and Fulani States. I'm not talking about people like the Zurus in Kebbi, I'm talking real Hausa. It's something Muslim Hausa people don't like to admit and it's true that they're marginalised in their own states. It's the same way Igbos don't like to admit there are real Igbo Muslims in places like Ebonyi and Enugu.

WHATS YOUR RESPONDS?

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by asas(f): 1:40am On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Exactly! we harbor no ill will towards others. But you lot are paranoid when it comes to us. What dont we have to say?

wanda ya ce ba zan iya yin magana da hausa ba

When you give someone an inch dey take a mile.
.........experiences make pple paranoid, there is always room for second chances, I personally have seen it happen not that I was told story for another day
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 1:49am On Dec 27, 2019
asas:

wanda ya ce ba zan iya yin magana da hausa ba

When you give someone an inch dey take a mile.
.........experiences make pple paranoid, there is always room for second chances, I personally have seen it happen not that I was told story for another day

See this is what i mean, its broken. That will sound alien even to sakwatawas who speak an ancient dialect of the language. You didnt grow up in the north did you? and im pretty sure english must have been the preferred language in your home.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by asas(f): 1:51am On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

See this is what i mean, its broken. That will sound alien even to sakwatawas who speak an ancient dialect of the language. You didnt grow up in the north did you? and im pretty sure english must have been the preferred language in your home.

I grew up in the west
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 1:56am On Dec 27, 2019
asas:

I grew up in the west

Hmm. Makes sense.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by asas(f): 1:58am On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Hmm. Makes sense.

Pple think i am from Edo sometimes delta or even yoruba until they get to no my name

My name gives me out as someone from core north
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 27, 2019
asas:

Pple think i am from Edo sometimes delta or even yoruba until they get to no my name

My name gives me out as someone from core north

Strange. Fulanis are supposed to have a distinct look.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by asas(f): 2:05am On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Strange. Fulanis are supposed to have a distinct look.
If it's pretty yes and the curly baby hair
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 27, 2019
asas:

If it's pretty yes and the curly baby hair

Not necessarily pretty. As far as phenotypes fulanis are easy to identify because of their keen features. I guess dress code influences peoples perceptions as well.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by asas(f): 2:15am On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Not necessarily pretty. As far as phenotypes fulanis are easy to identify because of their keen features. I guess dress code influences peoples perceptions as well.
Loool I love my trousers and skirts
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Lombardi: 2:39am On Dec 27, 2019
Offshore34:
Tropical Yoruba moslem from Oshogbo!!
Typical Igbo Shiite Christian from Aba.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by 9jakool: 2:58am On Dec 27, 2019
Osaze007:

Having lived in Yoruba land myself

I don’t mean to cause any divide but Yorubas are still a majority Christain group
Lagos - has more Yoruba Christians than Yoruba muslims with a significant gap
Ogun - has more Christian with a significant gap most Muslims here are ijebu (Egba Awori yewa) are xtains
Ekiti - you sef know they are majorly Christains
Ondo- you sef know they are majorly Christains
Oyo - Oyo is very much split ile kewu and aladura are every where I can’t say who has more but whoever has more is more like 51% to 49% for argument sake let’s say Muslims
Osun - Osun has a majorly muslim population but with a minor lead over christains
Kwara - it’s the opposite mirror of ondo majorly Muslims
Kogi west - majorly Christains Infact 99% I have been to kabba myself

I know you guys don’t divide yourself based on religion but it’s my observation

Yorubas are still majorly Christians group with a significant Muslim population however all of you still visut babalawo for juju so nobody takes Yoruba Muslims or Christians serious and you still intermarry each other

I would flip Oyo and Osun. I would say Osun is more 50-50 and not majorly muslim. Oyo on the other hand would be slightly more muslim. Osun is divided into Oyo, Ibolo, Ife, Ijesha and Igbomina areas which is why I laugh at the people who say it's a "core Yoruba state". Ijesha, Igbomina, and Ife areas have more christians than muslims and only the Oyos (in places like Iwo and Ede) are more muslim. Osogbo is more like 50-50.

Oyo state is a more complicated as it's a very big state with very populated centers. Muslims are more concentrated In central Ibadan and christians are more in the outer areas which is where you would find the megachurches. The Ibarapa area and Ogbomosho of the state is more christian, but you would still find muslims as well. In Oke Ogun (western Oyo state), the people there are more muslims than christians.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by LZAA: 3:13am On Dec 27, 2019
Afamed wee not like this
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Adaibeku rekhina sarrki

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 3:17am On Dec 27, 2019
LZAA:
Afamed wee not like this
Cc GMBuharii greenback Adaibeku rekhina sarrki
tsdarkside will blame IPOB grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by piyoo91: 3:21am On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Well technically. Fulanis are not hausas. LOL
Did i in anyway said that fulani are hausas? am only indicating that we have hausa christian in zamfara. Point of correction, am from adamawa

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by LZAA: 3:22am On Dec 27, 2019
immhotep:

tsdarkside will blame IPOB grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by 9jakool: 3:23am On Dec 27, 2019
alfredo1:
Kano, Katsina, zamfara, jigawa and Sokoto are pure Hausa/Fulani states with a very few indigenous Christians.
Other northwestern states have other minority tribes that are predominantly Christians with fewer Muslims. There are also few Hausa Christians in these states.

Southern Kaduna is predominantly non-hausa who are mostly Christians with few Muslims. There are also Hausa Muslims in southern Kaduna. Kaduna state deputy governor is a Muslim from southern Kaduna.
There are also Hausa Christians in northern Kaduna.

The bottom line is the north is predominantly Hausa Muslims with a sizeable Hausa and non-hausa Christians.

I just want to be clear. Are we talking about the core North or the geopolitical North? Because only geopolitical Northwest is where Hausas are majority and not in geopolitical Northeast and North-central.

Hausa majority/plurality states in the "North": 7
Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara, Kano, Jigawa, Katsina and Kaduna (North)

The rest of the "North": 14
Yobe, Borno, Gombe, Bauchi, Benue, Plateau, Nassarawa, Adamawa, Kaduna (South), Taraba, FCT, Kogi, Kwara and Niger.

So tell me how you arrive that the North is predominantly Hausa Muslims?

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Osaze007: 3:32am On Dec 27, 2019
9jakool:

I would flip Oyo and Osun. I would say Osun is more 50-50 and not majorly muslim. Oyo on the other hand would be slightly more muslim. Osun is divided into Oyo, Ibolo, Ife, Ijesha and Igbomina areas which is why I laugh at the people who say it's a "core Yoruba state". Ijesha, Igbomina, and Ife areas have more christians than muslims and only the Oyos (in places like Iwo and Ede) are more muslim. Osogbo is more like 50-50.

Oyo state is a more complicated as it's a very big state with very populated centers. Muslims are more concentrated In central Ibadan and christians are more in the outer areas which is where you would find the megachurches. The Ibarapa area and Ogbomosho of the state is more christian, but you would still find muslims as well. In Oke Ogun (western Oyo state), the people there are more muslims than christians.

I know that’s why I said Oyo and Osun are the only Yoruba states where Muslims are up to 40%

I have lived in Abeokuta ijebu Oyo ilorin Akure and Lagos

I have lived among Yorubas since I was little I know them inside out
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Kubernetes: 4:15am On Dec 27, 2019
asas:

Take it or leave it I am from sokoto and a christian

Interesting.
Which local gvt?
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Guestuser: 4:50am On Dec 27, 2019
executive12:

You should convert too. After reading about Mohammed, I began to wonder why any normal human being will still want to be a Muslim. God forbid.
convert water from it’s liquid state to gaseous state.
Then choke on it.
Oloriburuku.
Lakun deenukun waliyadeenu lolohun wi
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Guestuser: 4:52am On Dec 27, 2019
executive12:

You should convert too. After reading about Mohammed, I began to wonder why any normal human being will still want to be a Muslim. God forbid.
It shall never be well with you and all your family members.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Germi9: 5:53am On Dec 27, 2019
Verily verily i say unto you....these are my brethrens.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by eguarojeona: 5:57am On Dec 27, 2019
abluck:

Kai bazamfare wettin concern you with kanawa dabo? Go ur face banditry and kidnapping..
Guys this is same thing they intend doing in the whole of Naija.Fulanization and Islamisation.Dont be fooled.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Chigold101(m): 6:03am On Dec 27, 2019
helinues:
Whats the meaning of this title ' Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano '
they are Hausas, and indigenes of Kano.
They are not from another state.
It's important that name is used because many especially people from South don't believe we have Hausa Christians
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by bashir1451(m): 6:18am On Dec 27, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Not news
There ar many indigenous Christian in Northern Nigeria.
The entire Tafawa Belewa local govt nd sayawa tribe in Bauchi ar Christians.
Kaltungo people ar Christians with about 95% of southern Gombe people being Christians
About 98% of Sabon gari people in Kano are also Christians.
The entire Southern Kaduna indigenes ar Christians

This your assertion is not true, there is no Local govt. In the north that is entirely christian even in Taraba and Plateau states.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by esente: 6:45am On Dec 27, 2019
E get this photographer friend wey me been get wey be Christian. One day the guy tell me say im wan enter Kebbi. Naim I ask am wetin dey play for Kebbi. Guy tell me say naim state be that o. Na so I open mouth like roasted croaker.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by myobjective: 6:51am On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Well technically. Fulanis are not hausas. LOL

But the question should be who completed the evolution of the Hausa into Islam?

The Fulani complete the evolution of the Hausa into Islam through the Jihad of Usman dan Fadio, it will be rich of you to insist that there could be Fulani Christians but no Hausa Christians.

To also set the record straight, the majority of Hausa land only have nominal Muslim as sarki (chief), the majority of the population are animist before the sharia of the 18th century. The Hausa state became pure Islamic caliphate only 200years ago, there is no way that Kano will be an Islamic state as far back as the 14th century.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by myobjective: 6:53am On Dec 27, 2019
esente:
E get this photographer friend wey me been get wey be Christian. One day the guy tell me say im wan enter Kebbi. Naim I ask am wetin dey play for Kebbi. Guy tell me say Naim state be that o. Na so I open mouth like roasted croaker.

Kebbi has a large non-Hausa Muslim, it is possible to have Christians and animist from kebbi state, though they are still in the minority because Hausa-Fulani is the majority there.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by BilltheDON(m): 6:54am On Dec 27, 2019
Great
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by africanusvu(m): 6:57am On Dec 27, 2019
They best Nigeria Christian at northern Christians.they stood firm at face of persecution

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos) / My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / Imam Suleiman Njoku & His Reverend Sister, Celebrate Christmas Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.