Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas (63236 Views)

Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? / The Covenant Of Prophet Muhammad With The Christians Of Sinai / The Forgotten Christians Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Don't know what you problem is but whatever....
My Rev gentleman while in ABU Zaria was a pure Hausa from Kano ...Rev.Prof Richard.

Wusasa area of Zaria is hausa Christian community. Zuru people have sizable Christian hausas.
Oppressing non Muslims is the style of Fulanis whenever power slips into their hands.
Buhari is changing every organ of Federal government with Hausafulani Muslims headship even though Muslims are minority in Nigeria

Zaria, Katsina and Kano have entire LGAs where the majority of the rural population are indigenous Christians.

As for Zuru people of Southern Kebbi, they are not Hausas by ethnicity. Many of their elderly in the rural areas do not even speak Hausa. They are just like Southern Kaduna and Plateau people.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2019
Asour:

It's self descriptive.

The Op means Indigenes of Kano who are Hausas and Christians.

I must confess I didn't know that there were Hausas who are indigenes of Kano and also Christians. I knew there were in Kaduna though.

The Maguzawa Hausa Christians in Katsina state even outnumber those of Kano state and Zaria. They are up to 2 million people combined

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Osaze007: 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
myobjective:

But I am Yoruba from birth, would you know Yoruba more than I do?

Ondo and Ekiti state is the only Christian majority state in the southwest and even in these state particularly in Ondo state, Muslim is still a majority in the Akoko axis a geopolitical zone with like four local government, there sizeable Muslim in Ondo town and Owo. Muslim will be at least 25% to 30% of Ondo state. The last governor of the state was a Muslim by birth.

Oyo is the most populous state by the indigenous population in the south-west, they are a majority Muslim state 60%

Osun state are majority Muslim state 70%

Ogun 55%

Lagos is hard to call but among Yoruba there, about 45% should be Muslim.

Since around 75% of Kwara population is Yoruba, Muslim should 75% of the Yoruba populprodominatle

Kogi west is predominantly Christians

Lagos & ogun isn’t hard to call at all there are simple more christains there, remember most of the Yorubas in Lagos aren’t from Lagos they are mostly ogun and ondo who are already christains

Oyo And Osun is the only state Yorubas Muslims are sizeable and even with Your statistics there are still more Christains and there’s no way osun is 70% even with a 70% osun Muslims lol (I served in osun it’s fairly balanced there ) the christains are still more

Also remember ogun has surpassed Oyo in terms of economic development so I doubt if it’s still the most populous indigenous settlement for Yorubas

So with Lagos ogun ondo ekiti kogi west being predominantly Christian based on your statistics

Osun and kwara being predominantly Muslim based on your statistics
And Oyo being fairly split

Your Christain population is still more

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
namiji2598:
there is a clear difference between a northern Christian and a hausa Christian.
the former exist but their is nothing like a hausa Christian sir!!!
am a Northern Christian too.....their is no way ur gf can be a hausa Christian, only if her parents are Muslims and she could call converted to Christianity, or she is jus a Northern girl not hausa girl

A northern Christian cannot be making this ignorant BS.....

There are not less than 2million Maguzawa Hausa Christians spread all over Katsina, Zaria and Kano and what are u saying?
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
Akpacha:
Yakubu dogara former speaker is a Christian from bauchi, another guy called Joshua was a senator from gombe.

Bauchi and Gombe Christians are not Hausa by tribe. They are just like Southern Kaduna and Plateau people.
The real Hausa Christians are those who are indigenes of Zaria, Kano & Katsina.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2019
MoIbrahim:
There are Haisa Christian's in the entire northern states including Katsina, Jigawa, Zamfara, Kebbi, Kaduna and Sokoto

Most Christians in Kebbi and Kaduna are not Hausa by tribe, unless you mean northern Kebbi and northern Kaduna.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Osaze007: 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2019
9jakool:

I would flip Oyo and Osun. I would say Osun is more 50-50 and not majorly muslim. Oyo on the other hand would be slightly more muslim. Osun is divided into Oyo, Ibolo, Ife, Ijesha and Igbomina areas which is why I laugh at the people who say it's a "core Yoruba state". Ijesha, Igbomina, and Ife areas have more christians than muslims and only the Oyos (in places like Iwo and Ede) are more muslim. Osogbo is more like 50-50.

Oyo state is a more complicated as it's a very big state with very populated centers. Muslims are more concentrated In central Ibadan and christians are more in the outer areas which is where you would find the megachurches. The Ibarapa area and Ogbomosho of the state is more christian, but you would still find muslims as well. In Oke Ogun (western Oyo state), the people there are more muslims than christians.

Even if you flip it the Christian number is still more
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2019
Sirjamo:
Indigenous Kano Christians! In which of the 44 Local governments? Those are migrants from some middle belt states.

Sumaila, Bebeji, Doguwa, Tudunwada e.t.c have a large indigenous Christian Maguzawa Hausa population. Same in Katsina and Zaria.
These are not Plateau or Southern Kaduna immigrants.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
alfredo1:
Kano, Katsina, zamfara, jigawa and Sokoto are pure Hausa/Fulani states with a very few indigenous Christians.
Other northwestern states have other minority tribes that are predominantly Christians with fewer Muslims. There are also few Hausa Christians in these states.

Southern Kaduna is predominantly non-hausa who are mostly Christians with few Muslims. There are also Hausa Muslims in southern Kaduna. Kaduna state deputy governor is a Muslim from southern Kaduna.
There are also Hausa Christians in northern Kaduna.

The bottom line is the north is predominantly Hausa Muslims with a sizeable Hausa and non-hausa Christians.

All the Hausas in Southern Kaduna are settlers just like you have in Jos too.
Besides, the deputy governor of Kaduna is not a Hausa woman, she is Nungu by tribe from Gwantu, she is only a muslim.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by myobjective: 1:07pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

Yes they are, those ones are.
The person u quoted doesn't know the difference between indigenous Hausa Christians and Southern Kaduna Christians who speak Hausa as a 2nd language.

I am the guy he quoted and I can easily differentiate between an indigenous Hausa Christians and animist from other Northern minority Christians.

Christians from Northwestern states like Kano, Sokoto, Katsina and Zamfara have these indigenous Hausa Christians/animist population while Hausa speaker from elsewhere in the North will have their ethnic group.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 1:07pm On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Yorubas regardless of religion have their interests aligned. Northern christians are hateful, distrustful and hypocritical. Ultimately they are unreasonably counterintuitive towards consensus northern objectives.

What u have just used in describing northern Christians is what northern Muslims are x10.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2019
myobjective:

I am the guy he quoted and I can easily differentiate between an indigenous Hausa Christians and animist from other Northern minority Christians.

Christians from Northwestern states like Kano, Sokoto, Katsina and Zamfara have these indigenous Hausa Christians/animist population while Hausa speaker from elsewhere in the North will have their ethnic group.

Oooh, never knew it was you. Of course u know the difference. I've been liking your comments.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Osaze007: 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2019
9jakool:

The last governor of Ondo just like the last governor of Osun were both born into mixed Christian-muslim families. Mimiko ended up being Christian and Aregbesola became Muslim.

What makes Ogun 55% muslim as opposed to just half which I can give you.

You could say 75% of Ilorin is muslim NOT 75% of Kwara. Kwara is more than just Ilorin. In Kwara, there are predominantly Christian Ekiti area near the border with Kogi.

Osun State is NOT 70% muslim. The Ijesa, Igbomina and Ife areas of the state are predominantly Christians and they constitute 1/2 of the state's population.

I know for a fact ogun is not a Muslim majority state far from it lol even Lagos

The only state muslims are more then xtain is Kwara by 70%

Also remember osun is home to a lot of traditionalist worshipping Yorubas
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
9jakool:

I just want to be clear. Are we talking about the core North or the geopolitical North? Because only geopolitical Northwest is where Hausas are majority and not in geopolitical Northeast and North-central.

Hausa majority/plurality states in the "North": 7
Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara, Kano, Jigawa, Katsina and Kaduna (North)

The rest of the "North": 14
Yobe, Borno, Gombe, Bauchi, Benue, Plateau, Nassarawa, Adamawa, Kaduna (South), Taraba, FCT, Kogi, Kwara and Niger.

So tell me how you arrive that the North is predominantly Hausa Muslims?

Alfredo1 was clearly wrong here, thanks for your correction.
The minority tribes in the north clearly outnumber even Hausas & Fulanis combined, let alone Hausa alone.

Besides, even Kebbi state is a 50/50 between Hausas and other tribes. Infact, Hausas will be a minority of u don't add Fulanis to their population.

The entire Kebbi south senatorial district with 7 LGAs is predominantly non Hausa (although Yauri people have been Hausanized). You have many Zarmas and fulani LGAs in the central and northern parts of the state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by asas(f): 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
Kubernetes:

Ok cool u.
But the name asas does not match smn from sokoto.
Any taughts?
A nickname
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by myobjective: 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

Oooh, never knew it was you. Of course u know the difference. I've been liking your comments.

Ok, bro. I always look to see your input here.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2019
bashir1451:

This your assertion is not true, there is no Local govt. In the north that is entirely christian even in Taraba and Plateau states.

Lol, Plateau and Taraba are even too far. Let's start with Southern Kaduna & Adamawa.

In the whole of Jaba & Zangon Kataf LGAs in Southern Kaduna, there is no mosque. All Muslims were chased out in 2011 from both LGAs.

In Adamawa north, Michika LGA chased out all Muslims from there. Same with Numan, Lamurde & Guyuk, although few have managed to come back and remain in Numan.

In Bauchi south, all Muslims were chased out of Bogoro LGA and Tafawa balewa town during the crisis between Sayawa and Hausawa.

Most of these religious cleansings happen due to ethnic crisis.

In Plateau state, there are at least 4 LGAs without a mosque and in Taraba state, Muslims are not allowed into Wukari ( the largest city in the state), they are only allowed on the outskirts of the town.

That of Benue cannot even be discussed cos it is 98% Christian as a state. Islam only penetrated 1 LGA in the state which is Agatu LGA and many of them have reverted to Christianity, so Christians are now majority even in Agatu LGA.

Cc darfay

3 Likes

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by ogbuefi677(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2019
asas:

I am Hausa fulani
You self,you confuse.
You are either hausa or fulani or nupe,or Kanuri,etc.
Nothing like hausa fulani.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2019
myobjective:

But I am Yoruba from birth, would you know Yoruba more than I do?

Ondo and Ekiti state is the only Christian majority state in the southwest and even in these state particularly in Ondo state, Muslim is still a majority in the Akoko axis a geopolitical zone with like four local government, there sizeable Muslim in Ondo town and Owo. Muslim will be at least 25% to 30% of Ondo state. The last governor of the state was a Muslim by birth.

Oyo is the most populous state by the indigenous population in the south-west, they are a majority Muslim state 60%

Osun state are majority Muslim state 70%

Ogun 55%

Lagos is hard to call but among Yoruba there, about 45% should be Muslim.

Since around 75% of Kwara population is Yoruba, Muslim should 75% of the Yoruba populprodominatle

Kogi west is predominantly Christians

Why do people usually think that Osun has a higher Muslim percentage than Oyo?

Osun East is overwhelmingly Christian, while the other parts have a significant Christian minority (like 25-30 %).
Osun is more like a 50/50. It is Oyo that clearly has more Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Osaze007: 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

Why do people usually think that Osun has a higher Muslim percentage than Oyo?

Osun East is overwhelmingly Christian, while the other parts have a significant Christian minority (like 25-30 %).
Osun is more like a 50/50. It is Oyo that clearly has more Muslims.

Overall the fact only 2 Yoruba states have a majority Muslim population out of 8 Yoruba speaking areas already tells you they are a majority christain tribe
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by myobjective: 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2019
ogbuefi677:

You self,you confuse.
You are either hausa or fulani or nupe or Kanuri,etc.
Nothing like Hausa fulani.

There are Hausa-Fulani. Most Northwesterners are Hausa-Fulani
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2019
Osaze007:

Overall the fact only 2 Yoruba states have a majority Muslim population out of 8 Yoruba speaking areas already tells you they are a majority christain tribe

Yorubas are like 60-65% christian in my opinion. Although they would have been predominantly Muslim or 50/50 if not for strong evangelism and missionary work.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

This is the most ignorant post anyone could make.
There are not less than 2 million indigenous maguzawa Hausa Christians spread across from Zaria to Kano and Katsina and few in Jigawa & Zamfara.

These Christians have no other language and culture apart from Hausa.

You contradict yourself. What on gods green earth is "maguzawa hausa"?
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

50% of Kaduna and 20-25% of Kebbi.

LOL By God, You people are so funny. 50% of southern kaduna? sure. 50% of kaduna? You're on crack.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2019
idiege12:

From the question, I could tell you not from the core North or don't base here. We have people we call Hausa fulanis e.g the Ado Bayeros and Lamido family of Kano, most emits in the North are Hausa fulanis. Stop asking tvpid questions.

And who are you? Who are you to tell us what to identify as? Have you ever called them hausa fulani and they accepted that tag? everyone is either one or the other except when referring to the northwest as a whole. But when singling out a persons ethnicity its important to understand his lineage. Bayeros or Lamidos will NEVER refer to themselves as Hausa fulanis but fulanis. That term only applies when you're talking about politics. At least i ask stupid questions, i dont make stupid assumptions based on zero knowledge of the issue it pertains to. Ergo you're the stupid one.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

LOL By God, You people are so funny. 50% of southern kaduna? sure. 50% of kaduna? You're on crack.

Christians dominate 10 LGAs in Kaduna, Muslims dominate 11 LGAs while 2 (Lere & Kaduna south) are about a 50/50.

So, what percentage do u want us to give oga?
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2019
myobjective:

But the question should be who completed the evolution of the Hausa into Islam?

The Fulani complete the evolution of the Hausa into Islam through the Jihad of Usman dan Fadio, it will be rich of you to insist that there could be Fulani Christians but no Hausa Christians.

To also set the record straight, the majority of Hausa land only have nominal Muslim as sarki (chief), the majority of the population are animist before the sharia of the 18th century. The Hausa state became pure Islamic caliphate only 200years ago, there is no way that Kano will be an Islamic state as far back as the 14th century.

More ignorance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Santolo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Rumfa

These are the true driving forces of islam in hausa land. Read and save yourself. After the Ali Yaji every northern sultan was a muslim including the last one before the fulani jihad.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

You contradict yourself. What on gods green earth is "maguzawa hausa"?

Like you or someone else said on this thread, Maguzawa people were a clan of pre-islamic Hausa people who were never Islamized by Danfodio.
If they are not Hausa, what tribe are they and how come they are found in the middle of Hausa land? Hausa is the only language and culture they have.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

Christians dominate 10 LGAs in Kaduna, Muslims dominate 11 LGAs while 2 (Lere & Kaduna south) are about a 50/50.

So, what percentage do u want us to give oga?

Objectively based on what i've seen during recent events and migration patterns. A generous 35% goes to the christians. The local governments they dominate are obviously less populated. All the metropolitan areas are dominated by muslims especially migrants from other northern states.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

Like you or someone else said on this thread, Maguzawa people were a clan of pre-islamic Hausa people who were never Islamized by Danfodio.
If they are not Hausa, what tribe are they and how come they are found in the middle of Hausa land? Hausa is the only language and culture they have.

Hausa you have to understand is an amalgamation of a set of ethnicities. Including Abagayawas and other people of sahelian stock, Part of the hausa identity was morphing into the hausa culture a great subset of which is the religion. They are simply maguzawas, not hausas.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by asas(f): 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2019
ogbuefi677:

You self,you confuse.
You are either hausa or fulani or nupe,or Kanuri,etc.
Nothing like hausa fulani.

Go and do ur research properly am done on this thread u can't decide my ethnicity most have mixed by marriage or something
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Kubernetes: 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2019
asas:

A nickname

Ok thanks, but out of curiosity,I had to dig out your real identity from the rat holes tru a python script I just wrote(your pic,real name,dad etc)
Yes,you are actually a Fulani Christian.

Sha enjoy the festive season.
Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? / Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.