Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas (63240 Views)

Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? / The Covenant Of Prophet Muhammad With The Christians Of Sinai / The Forgotten Christians Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Osaze007: 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

Yorubas are like 60-65% christian in my opinion. Although they would have been predominantly Muslim or 50/50 if not for strong evangelism and missionary work.

Very correct 55% to 65% Christians
But having studied their history
Religion has never played a role in their culture
Infact the attempt by Afonja to use religion to attack Oyo ended up backfiring it was Fulani used ethnicity to claim throne

And their colonial masters were Christians so it’s next to impossible for Muslims to be majority in Yoruba land
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Objectively based on what i've seen during recent events and migration patterns. A generous 35% goes to the christians. The local governments they dominate are obviously less populated. All the metropolitan areas are dominated by muslims especially migrants from other northern states.

Go and check the population of LGAs like Zangon Kataf, Kachia, Chikun & Jemaa from 2006 census and come back and tell me that SK is not populated. Who told u that?

Christian were the majority in Kaduna state immediately Katsina was carved out of the state. Political manipulations had to be done to weaken them and higher immigration of Muslims from other states.... Even at that the Christians are still not less than 40%. It is more like a 45-55 to me, but if it is based on indigeneship, Christians are more.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by asas(f): 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2019
Kubernetes:

Ok thanks, but out of curiosity,I had to dig out your real identity from the rat holes tru a python script I just wrote(your pic,real name,dad etc)
Yes,you are actually a Fulani Christian.

Sha enjoy the festive season.
Cheers.

U just had to expose me hehe
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 2:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Hausa you have to understand is an amalgamation of a set of ethnicities. Including Abagayawas and other people of sahelian stock, Part of the hausa identity was morphing into the hausa culture a great subset of which is the religion. They are simply maguzawas, not hausas.

You are wrong because Maguzawa was a term used to describe a wide range of Hausa people from different Hausa sub-ethnic groups who rejected Islam. They are of one origin or one stock. That is why they don't have a United Homeland in one spot.

There are Maguzawa among Zazzagawa (Zaria indigenes), there are Maguzawa among Kanawa & Katsinawa (Kano, Katsina indingenes).

Those in Kano, Katsina and Zaria do not share direct boundaries with each other.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

You are wrong because Maguzawa was a term used to describe a wide range of Hausa people from different Hausa sub-ethnic groups who rejected Islam. They are of one origin or one stock. That is why they don't have a United Homeland in one spot.

There are Maguzawa among Zazzagawa (Zaria indigenes), there are Maguzawa among Kanawa & Katsinawa (Kano, Katsina indingenes).

Those in Kano, Katsina and Zaria do not share direct boundaries with each other.

Thank you for making my point. However they are from sub northern ethnic groups not hausa sub ethnic groups. Hausa is an evolved identity, if you havent gone through that evolution, you dont qualify.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Kubernetes: 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2019
asas:

U just had to expose me hehe

I did not.You had already mentioned earlier your tribe n religion.Even because of the earlier guys trying to know your identity would not make me expose u ai.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by ogbuefi677(m): 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2019
namiji2598:
the only hausa Christian that we have in Nigeria, are the ones that converted from Islam, nothing more nothing less,
This is exactly the type of thing Shekau and Osama bin Laden will say
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2019

Thank you for making my point. However they are from sub northern ethnic groups not hausa sub ethnic groups. Hausa is an evolved identity, if you havent gone through that evolution, you dont qualify.

You are not making any sense. Maguzawa are Hausa pagans who converted to Christianity. Chikena.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by namiji2598: 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

40% of Southern Gombe being muslims is the biggest joke of the century. They are not even up to 20%... Do u think Southern Gombe begins and ends in Kaltungo town? Have u travelled through the interior villages of Southern Gombe and see that majority of them don't have mosques?

People just like to conclude the population of an entire place based on the roadside of the town, forgetting that there are dozens of villages before and after a town.
this is my local govt u are talking about sir, where I spent more than 20years out of my age
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by 9jakool: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2019
VaughnSangrey:

Hausa you have to understand is an amalgamation of a set of ethnicities. Including Abagayawas and other people of sahelian stock, Part of the hausa identity was morphing into the hausa culture a great subset of which is the religion. They are simply maguzawas, not hausas.

What kind of revisionist lies are you spewing? It's myopic to think there are no Hausa christians? There are even Igbo muslims like mama boko haram. So is it impossible to think that there are Hausa christians just like there are Hausa shi'as and traditionalists? Is it that you are insecure about the possible existence of non-muslim Hausas?
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by GuestLog: 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

No, those are indigenes of Kano. They are not the Southern Kaduna or Plateau kind of Christians.
You do realised that I highlighted SABON GARI, KANO? No Hausa Muslim or full Hausa man lives in Sabon Gari. It's a Christian dominated area where ONLY Southerners settle. Igbos, Yorubas, Middlebelts, Kogis, except Fulani & core Northern states. If Hausa Muslim lives in Sabon Gari it's a less than 2% of the whole area.

I'm telling you because I was born there. Finished my secondary School in Kano and still visit my parents there from time to time.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Lovelyn451(f): 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2019
Aww...this must be wudil LGA, the day I visited there, the bright faces and eager to help attitude, omg...i just knew theyre Christians, I got to understand why the Antioch's were called christians. Northern Christians don't need to tell you they're Christians, u just know. they live it, its written all over them...southerners have a lot to learn honestly

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by UNCL3(m): 3:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
namiji2598:
the only hausa Christian that we have in Nigeria, are the ones that converted from Islam, nothing more nothing less,
Owk
If you say so

No need to argue.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2019
namiji2598:
this is my local govt u are talking about sir, where I spent more than 20years out of my age

And so? That doesn't mean I should let a false statement slide.
Is there any of the indigenous tribes of Southern Gombe that is 40% muslim? Hell no. So how do you get your figure?
Yes Kaltungo has many muslims. The town is around a 50/50, but the LGA as a whole is predominantly Christian, then by the time u bring in Biliri, Shongom & Balanga which are overwhelmingly Christian, how can u get your 40% Muslim in Southern Gombe? It's ridiculous.

This is the same way Muslims will tell you that Plateau state is 40% Muslim just because of the Muslim settlers in Jos.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by darfay: 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

Lol, Plateau and Taraba are even too far. Let's start with Southern Kaduna & Adamawa.

In the whole of Jaba & Zangon Kataf LGAs in Southern Kaduna, there is no mosque. All Muslims were chased out in 2011 from both LGAs.

In Adamawa north, Michika LGA chased out all Muslims from there. Same with Numan, Lamurde & Guyuk, although few have managed to come back and remain in Numan.

In Bauchi south, all Muslims were chased out of Bogoro LGA and Tafawa balewa town during the crisis between Sayawa and Hausawa.

Most of these religious cleansings happen due to ethnic crisis.

In Plateau state, there are at least 4 LGAs without a mosque and in Taraba state, Muslims are not allowed into Wukari ( the largest city in the state), they are only allowed on the outskirts of the town.

That of Benue cannot even be discussed cos it is 98% Christian as a state. Islam only penetrated 1 LGA in the state which is Agatu LGA and many of them have reverted to Christianity, so Christians are now majority even in Agatu LGA.

Cc darfay

I just had to tag you as you seem to have some understanding of the demography of the north

2 Likes

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by darfay: 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

Alfredo1 was clearly wrong here, thanks for your correction.
The minority tribes in the north clearly outnumber even Hausas & Fulanis combined, let alone Hausa alone.

Besides, even Kebbi state is a 50/50 between Hausas and other tribes. Infact, Hausas will be a minority of u don't add Fulanis to their population.

The entire Kebbi south senatorial district with 7 LGAs is predominantly non Hausa (although Yauri people have been Hausanized). You have many Zarmas and fulani LGAs in the central and northern parts of the state.

But why is the North so linguistically diverse. There are supposed to be at 3 ethnic group with at least a million people

Who are the real hsusas if everybody in the north seem to be a northern minority
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by darfay: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

Like you or someone else said on this thread, Maguzawa people were a clan of pre-islamic Hausa people who were never Islamized by Danfodio.
If they are not Hausa, what tribe are they and how come they are found in the middle of Hausa land? Hausa is the only language and culture they have.

Do they speak a distinct dialect?
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by darfay: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2019
Kubernetes:

Ok thanks, but out of curiosity,I had to dig out your real identity from the rat holes tru a python script I just wrote(your pic,real name,dad etc)
Yes,you are actually a Fulani Christian.

Sha enjoy the festive season.
Cheers.

I thought she was obviously telling lies o

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by alfredo1(m): 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2019
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by darfay: 5:15pm On Dec 27, 2019

Ethnicity is never based on religion, you sound slow
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 5:16pm On Dec 27, 2019
darfay:

Do they speak a distinct dialect?

No, they don't. They speak the dialect of their locality. The only thing is that some of them still retain and practice ancient Hausa traditional cultures and festivals which the Muslims have stopped.

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by namiji2598: 5:25pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

Is there any of the indigenous tribes of Southern Gombe that is 40% muslim? Hell no. So how do you get your figure?
Yes Kaltungo has many muslims. The town is around a 50/50, but the LGA as a whole is predominantly Christian, then by the time u bring in Biliri, Shongom & Balanga which are overwhelmingly Christian, how can u get your 40% Muslim in Southern Gombe? It's ridiculous.

This is the same way Muslims will tell you that Plateau state is 40% Muslim just because of the Muslim settlers in Jos.
cheesy
Nowenuse:

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by alfredo1(m): 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2019

Yorubas regardless of religion have their interests aligned. Northern christians are hateful, distrustful and hypocritical. Ultimately they are unreasonably counterintuitive towards consensus northern objectives.
Oga! Stfu if you don't have anything reasonable to say. We too are humans that should have a say and should be treated as such. We can't be slaves in our fatherland.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nowenuse: 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2019
darfay:

But why is the North so linguistically diverse. There are supposed to be at 3 ethnic group with at least a million people

Who are the real hsusas if everybody in the north seem to be a northern minority

The north is not diverse except for the area you see encircled in red in the map below.

Hausas, Fulanis, Kanuris, Shuwa Arabs, Nupes, Gbagyis, Igalas, Ebiras, Idomas, Tivs & Borgu/Baribas are all at least 1 million to tens of millions of people each.

The area encircled in red is very diverse because it is a highly mountainous and hilly terrain which acts as a natural defense and isolation between tribes, hence giving room for longer evolution and isolation with this.
In anthropologist evolutions, it is common knowledge that mountainous areas usually tend to have a higher diversities and longer surviving languages because the mountains tend to serve as a great source of refuge to weaker civilizations and barrier to invading forces.

Didn't you see that butt naked tribes were still discovered in Adamawa & even Bauchi just few decades ago? This is because they are on the high mountains and hardly came down.

Most tribes in Plateau, Nasarawa, Southern Kaduna, Taraba, Adamawa, Southern Borno, Gombe, Bauchi are very much related to one another. They just weren't unified by the colonialists cos the colonial masters were interested in a Hausa fulani hegemony over these tribes and uniting them of course will make them stronger and much more resistant to Hausanization and Islamization.

Otherwise, in Plateau for example, the difference between Ngas, Mwaghavul, Mupun, Mushere, Pan, Goemai, Miship,Montol, Pyapun & Tal is just like the difference between Isoko, Uvwie, Okpe, Udu, Agbon, and Ughelli speakers of Urhobo, or betters still Ekiti, Awori, Ijebu, Igbomina, Oyo, Egba of Yoruba.

4 Likes

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by asas(f): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
darfay:

I thought she was obviously telling lies o

There is no need to lie
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by showafrica(m): 6:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
gaetano:
because fulani ti take over ni

Pls we don't want to hear, there is an attack on indigenous people of biafra.. Sorry people of kanu.. Sorry people of Kano... Sorry Christian people of kano.. Sorry.. What are my saying self..

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by MoIbrahim: 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2019
When I wrote I didn't say northern or southern.
By the way, Kaduna is divided into Southern, Central and Northen districts and there are christians in all the three districts. And beyond the media rhetorics to score political points, there lots of muslims in the southern district too.

Nowenuse:

Most Christians in Kebbi and Kaduna are not Hausa by tribe, unless you mean northern Kebbi and northern Kaduna.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Hardeybohwarley(m): 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2019
eduman365:

Adebowale, he can call it a Christian state because Rivers people are predominantly Christians. Yet, he has never infringed on the rights of any Muslim in Rivers, if you have contradictory proof, bring it out. The north has been practicing sharia law for years, even when it contradicts some laws of this country, nobody has done anything about it. The north on the other hand is notorious for burning churches and abusing Christians. Even Boko Haram initially were targeting Christians before they started attacking everybody altogether.

Muslims have not faced 1 percent of the persecution christians have faced in this country, your conscience should prick you if you're still a human being. Every trouble Nigeria is passing through in this country is from Islamist extremists because a christian won't blow up people claiming that Jesus told him to do that.

As a Yoruba man, I am ashamed of you.
Have you been to the North. Cause I've been there and experienced it firsthand. Sharia law is only applicable in few states primarily North Western States. I spent a year plus in Gombe and I can tell you religion persecution has never happened before. How many northern states have your been to? Just like Rivers are mostly Christians, some states in the North are predominantly Muslims so what do you expect.

You can be ashame that's your problem. State the reality and stop playing victim.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by darfay: 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

The north is not diverse except for the area you see encircled in red in the map below.

Hausas, Fulanis, Kanuris, Shuwa Arabs, Nupes, Gbagyis, Igalas, Ebiras, Idomas, Tivs & Borgu/Baribas are all at least 1 million to tens of millions of people each.

The area encircled in red is very diverse because it is a highly mountainous and hilly terrain which acts as a natural defense and isolation between tribes, hence giving room for longer evolution and isolation with this.
In anthropologist evolutions, it is common knowledge that mountainous areas usually tend to have a higher diversities and longer surviving languages because the mountains tend to serve as a great source of refuge to weaker civilizations and barrier to invading forces.

Didn't you see that butt naked tribes were still discovered in Adamawa & even Bauchi just few decades ago? This is because they are on the high mountains and hardly came down.

Most tribes in Plateau, Nasarawa, Southern Kaduna, Taraba, Adamawa, Southern Borno, Gombe, Bauchi are very much related to one another. They just weren't unified by the colonialists cos the colonial masters were interested in a Hausa fulani hegemony over these tribes and uniting them of course will make them stronger and much more resistant to Hausanization and Islamization.

Otherwise, in Plateau for example, the difference between Ngas, Mwaghavul, Mupun, Mushere, Pan, Goemai, Miship,Montol, Pyapun & Tal is just like the difference between Isoko, Uvwie, Okpe, Udu, Agbon, and Ughelli speakers of Urhobo, or betters still Ekiti, Awori, Ijebu, Igbomina, Oyo, Egba of Yoruba.

That means there is a possibility of having a unified/central standard dialect created for the plateau tribes...
BTW I think the isoko and urhobo constitute a dialect continuum, but asides language every other thing is 100% same
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 27, 2019
Hardeybohwarley:

Have you been to the North. Cause I've been there and experienced it firsthand. Sharia law is only applicable in few states primarily North Western States. I spent a year plus in Gombe and I can tell you religion persecution has never happened before. How many northern states have your been to? Just like Rivers are mostly Christians, some states in the North are predominantly Muslims so what do you expect.

You can be ashame that's your problem. State the reality and stop playing victim.

Ogbeni, I won't argue with you anymore. You're bias in your judgement because you're a moslem... But no worries, I won't drag this too much.

Wish u all the best.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Emmaobasi: 8:17pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nice
IHCOK
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas by Hardeybohwarley(m): 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2019
eduman365:

Ogbeni, I won't argue with you anymore. You're bias in your judgement because you're a moslem... But no worries, I won't drag this too much.

Wish u all the best.
And you weren't, cry me a River.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? / Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.