Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) (79561 Views)

Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) / Nigerian Lady Loses Job Offer Because She Has A Big Tummy (Photo) / 'I Left My Last Job Because My Boss Put His Hands On A Female Employee' - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by kweensheba: 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
The headline is misleading, but then some people are absurd about some of the things they post online.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Ramanto(m): 8:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
The employers are gullible and not worthy to work with

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Liverpoolfc(m): 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ijeoma660:
Joseph in the bible told his dreams to people who had nothing to contribute to his dreams but rather to end him and his big dreams...

Keep your success stories to yourself. Let your success tell its story by itself.
,If Joseph had kept the dream to himself, his dream wouldn't have come to pass. We must understand that sometimes, we need jealous folks around us, they are also success co-factors.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by TemmyT002(m): 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ijeoma660:
Joseph in the bible told his dreams to people who had nothing to contribute to his dreams but rather to end him and his big dreams...

Keep your success stories to yourself. Let your success tell its story by itself.

If he hadn't told them, he wouldn't have become what he became.
The jealousy of telling them pushed them to sell him to slavery which pushed him to become a prime minister.
Sometimes terrible things lead people to greatness
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by tete7000(m): 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ijeoma660:

But without those people, his dream wouldn't have come true. Read what Joseph himself later said at their reunion:

But Joseph said to them, “Don’t be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
Genesis 50:19‭-‬20

St. Paul wrote that all things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to his purpose. If God wills something for us, as long as we walked on his path, nothing can take such thing for us. Anything established by God is established for ever. The only time we have issues is when we do things our own way. For the scripture says except the Lord builds the house, they labour in vain who build.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by naijazee3: 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2019
uboma:
The story is not entirely true except the friend truly presented facts to the employer to back up her allegation that the lady is of a questionable character.
No mind them I’m just wondering if the lady posted details abt her new place of work on social media too. If yes, she deserves everything that come with it.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2019
Person get Belle
Facebook go hear am
Person buy new underwears, twitter go hear am.

Again and again, nothing concern me.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2019
h
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by mechanics(m): 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2019
You are right, is not everything we are to post on social media, it's well but the office should have also done their own investigation than to just act like that, I hope people will learn from this.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Glorymax: 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
Never a fan of personal update broadcast on social media, even on professional sites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by guru90: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
self employed still the key.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Nehyooh(m): 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
Must people know everything about you
I just love privacy..... It's in me.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by officialfestus(m): 8:41pm On Dec 26, 2019
BlackIP:
grin

YES THE STORY IS NOT COMPLETE ....

THAT'S WHY WE CANNOT COMPETE WITH ANYBODY !!!!

RIP ENGLISH !!!!
professor

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by AuroraB(f): 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2019
ednut1:
I smell lies
Very big lies. It's easy to know it's all lies.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by EASY112: 8:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
Learn to live a private life

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by mascot87(m): 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ijeoma660:

What became of Joseph at the end? She will just suffer for a while just like Joseph did but her next level will be greater than the job lost. That is if she is serve the Lord & what was said against her was a lie.
Again, the company can see this news online & decide to call her & elevate her just to prove to the bitter friend that hatred isn't good.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by madjune(m): 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
Facebook and most social media platforms are meant for loud and vain people.
If you're really cerebral and knows the way of people; you will do yourself a greater good by staying off them.

Calls and texting should be enough for a busy mind.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by GamalNasser: 8:58pm On Dec 26, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
if you have a questionable past to the point that your future employer may change their mind about you, then why is that wrong?!?! that friend saved that employer from future sorrow about that questionable individual.
True though but the problem here is she didn't do it with the intention to save the new employer but out of desperate wickedness
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by milemimi93(m): 9:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
If joe didnt tell. Dat dream wouldnt come tru
Ijeoma660:

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
today is 26th, people still have the grace to be foolish for another 5 days.

make people no carry foolishness enter 2020.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2019
madjune:
Facebook and most social media platforms are meant for loud and vain people.
If you're really cerebral and knows the way of people; you will do yourself a greater good by staying off them.

Calls and texting should be enough for a busy mind.

good point.

even for my Facebook acct, na my pix of 2014 I put for my DP.

nothing recent about me is on FB.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Gbemiie: 9:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
iamapplord:
This is a very painful REVENGE!!

My own is that other lady who loose her job must not know her unknown enemy caused it!!

#HappyBoxingDay

Ah, this is serious oo
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by charlsecy(m): 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ijeoma660:
They contributed to Joseph's realisation of his dreams.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Imoksp(m): 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
EASY112:
Learn to live a private life

You're on point. That's the best.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by edoairways: 9:41pm On Dec 26, 2019
BeStroNG:
Exactly! This is one of the reasons I never consented to posting my graduation ceremony. It could have brought me some shit.
yeah very soon pre wedding pictures would be the next target
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
GamalNasser:

True though but the problem here is she didn't do it with the intention to save the new employer but out of desperate wickedness

you cant run from who you are and what you have done in life... one way or the other the truth will come out.

joyandfaith:
it could be wrong allegation and company may not have time and resources to investigate. company feels she is too lousy and not discreet.

just the negative drama would be enough to stay clear of that person...

Addey22:
No second chances?..I guess you have never done anything wrong in your life

second chances are for people who want to hang on to you, an employer doesnt have such necessity, they can just opt for someone else and be done with the headache.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by olatilldend: 9:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
I'd be wary of such lady friend if I were that guy. Who knows when the Jezebel will set her sight on the guy on question.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
Abeg too many haters but then press on
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Sleevia: 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
TalkTalkTwins:
What do you think?
fake story
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by matrixme(m): 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2019
Nice episode of a story that never happened. So a top tech firm cannot do background check for a Lagos based staff, accountant at that, but chooses to believe a jealous friend's email to reverse an HR decision. How did people even believe these stories? Some are even congratulating themselves for having a pHD in social media ethics...
Hustle ooo, so that you won't be afraid to pepper them on social media. Bleep enemies

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by AK481(m): 11:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
Will she also be invisible while going to work?

The story is nonsense seeking to misdirect people.

If she is of questionable character and was sacked from her previous job and that was pointed out by anybody( be it former hr, friend , referee) then that normal. Who employs an experienced staff without background check from previous employer?
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by AK481(m): 11:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
MrNipplesLover:

good point.

even for my Facebook acct, na my pix of 2014 I put for my DP.

nothing recent about me is on FB.

But Davido and wizkid post everyday, entering private jet and showing money, why otumopo no crash the jet?u get enemy pass them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff / Access Bank Frontline Internship 2017 / 5 Female Employees Of NIS Who Participated In Falz 'Don't Rush' Redeployed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.