Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) (79563 Views)

Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) / Nigerian Lady Loses Job Offer Because She Has A Big Tummy (Photo) / 'I Left My Last Job Because My Boss Put His Hands On A Female Employee' - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by amaks: 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

let me educate you a little:
creating a business is not about charity, you are trying to find a proper group of individuals that will carry your vision and help your business grow. bringing some negativity (or poisonous people) within that group of individuals is not only counter productive but also foolish.... that would certainly create problem in the future, for you, your employees AND your business.
yes life is about flexibility/compromises and much more. most importantly, your job as the "leader" is to make sure that your employees find themselves in the right environment to flourish and perform their task, possibly in a fun manner, and certainly not to bring possible virus that may shatter the bond created at the place of work. i understand that any jobseeker would want bosses to take chances on them (blind charity), but let me be the bearer of bad news: running a company has NOTHING to do with charity.

being human has absolutely NOTHING to do with giving someone (that does NOT feel right) a job. using your brain is the answer here.
each and everyone of us should be judged/treated by what we put out and do. its called CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTONS.
if you want to treat everybody the same way, regardless of their actions then so be it.... smart people know better, and MUST take firm decisions on what is obvious, whether a person likes it or not. people who think like you do are the ones who would think that i shouldnt fire people who made grave mistakes (because they have a family to feed etc) or that i shouldnt get rid of people in the workplace because you have been with us for a long time. ARRANT NONSENSE! you could be the best employee and still be fired, if that is beneficial to the company ( as much as you may not like to hear it).... and thats the type of hard choices BOSSES have to make on a daily basis.

the workplace is a constant battle, and in Nigeria where there are thousands who could replace you, you best be at the top of your game (aka perfect) if not then your job is at risk.

let me ask you: if someone reported you to the police for a crime that you "supposedly" committed, would you blame the police for investigating you for that crime?!

what she did would be irrelevant to the employer... the negative vibe following that person is what matters here. what else will her friends bring to the company, when she starts working for that firm? what type of other negativity are they gonna bring to that firm?!

Okay.
I won't argue further. Just to point out few things:

1. She's not being employed based on charity, she passed the interviews and tests and merited the job.

2. Your analogy of not sacking a staff who has made a grave mistake, based on long service or having family to feed doesn't count here because those things happened in the company where the staff presently works, but here the company is taking their decision and judging her based on what they heard happened somewhere, not that she did something to them or to their organization. Yeah life has consequences but she paid by loosing her job.

3. Google about "employing someone with a criminal record" etc or similar topic, to see the stand governments and successful large and small organizations have on the subject matter. I bet you'll be surprised.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:34pm On Dec 27, 2019
amaks:

Okay.
I won't argue further. Just to point out few things:

1. She's not being employed based on charity, she passed the interviews and tests and merited the job.

... until some negativity from her past was brought to that place of work, thanks to her "friends"

2. Your analogy of not sacking a staff who has made a grave mistake, based on long service or having family to feed doesn't count here because those things happened in the company where the staff presently works, but here the company is taking their decision and judging her based on what they heard happened somewhere, not that she did something to them or to their organization. Yeah life has consequences but she paid by loosing her job.

we cant assume as to what she did, but if an employer decides that this is negative/grave enough to not hire her, then so be it. the "employer" certainly shouldnt be blamed for that.

3. Google about "employing someone with a criminal record" etc or similar topic, to see the stand governments and successful large and small organizations have on the subject matter. I bet you'll be surprised.

irrelevant to the issue at hand... there are no laws that prohibits an employer from refusing to hire an ex con. if an employer does NOT want to hire a person, on that exact basis, then they have the right to do so. some companies gladly hire ex cons, while others stay clear of them.
but hey, if you actually think that it is wrong to do so, then lets see how you would enjoy having a convicted pedophile working in your kids nursery school or kindergarden... or an ex armed robber working in your bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Olumeme: 12:45am On Dec 28, 2019
It's important to keep issues private What people don’t know, they can’t ruin
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by 9jaRealist: 4:26am On Dec 28, 2019
ANOTHER NAIRALAND NOLLYWOOD FICTION...
>
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Sirwavy(m): 10:17am On Dec 28, 2019
TalkTalkTwins:
I think this should sound as a warning to all of us.

The social media has turned to a place where we go to talk about everything we do, and all our experiences. You get a new job? It goes online. Your heart rob proposes? You want your Facebook and Twitter fans to hear about it.

Even photos of your baby bump, which used to be private are now used to gather likes and comments on the social media. We never know the implications of these things until they hit hard on us.

A Nigerian Facebook user, Igbo Clifford Chimaizuobi recently shared a story on his Facebook wall. According to the post, a lady lost her job because of a jealous friend, and the friend couldn't have heard of it if she didn't celebrate online.

The lady in question is based in Lagos, and the bad one hasn't even been there once. She got a job and posted it online so her friends will send her the normal congratulations!

Things turned out different when the poster's friend, felt it was time to repay her for the evil she has previously done to her, and wrote to the company, telling her she was of questionable character.

You can check out the story on his Facebook wall. It is a lesson to all of us.

Loud it very well! Y’all won’t listen, social media is not your intimate diary, keep your business to yourself

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1212781775779097&id=100011418585682
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by sylve11: 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
if you have a questionable past to the point that your future employer may change their mind about you, then why is that wrong?!?! that friend saved that employer from future sorrow about that questionable individual.

grin grin cool
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by sylve11: 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
anochuko01:
Since i learnt to stop seeking validation from people, i stopped posting much on social media.

Bible says "he who whatches over his mouth keeps his life.."
In the same manner i say, "he who watches over his fingers (from posting stuffs online) keepeth his life too"

na so. wink cool
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by stello(f): 9:23am On Dec 31, 2019
Please tell them

Ijeoma660:
Joseph in the bible told his dreams to people who had nothing to contribute to his dreams but rather to end him and his big dreams...

Keep your success stories to yourself. Let your success tell its story by itself.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Bryan88(m): 9:47am On Jan 03, 2020
it will never ever b well with d girl dat sent d company an email...she will never knw joy in her life.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:38am On May 17, 2020
26 easiest ways to make money online in Nigeria >> https://browse.ng/make-money-online-nigeria/
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by constyo: 8:25pm On May 02, 2022
[so true quote author=Ijeoma660 post=85238792]Joseph in the bible told his dreams to people who had nothing to contribute to his dreams but rather to end him and his big dreams...

Keep your success stories to yourself. Let your success tell its story by itself. [/quote]
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by constyo: 8:26pm On May 02, 2022
uote author=Ijeoma660 post=85238792]Joseph in the bible told his dreams to people who had nothing to contribute to his dreams but rather to end him and his big dreams...

Keep your success stories to yourself. Let your success tell its story by itself. [/quote] so true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff / Access Bank Frontline Internship 2017 / 5 Female Employees Of NIS Who Participated In Falz 'Don't Rush' Redeployed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.