Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) (79560 Views)

Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) / Nigerian Lady Loses Job Offer Because She Has A Big Tummy (Photo) / 'I Left My Last Job Because My Boss Put His Hands On A Female Employee' - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by dochenaj: 11:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ijeoma660:
Joseph in the bible told his dreams to people who had nothing to contribute to his dreams but rather to end him and his big dreams...

Keep your success stories to yourself. Let your success tell its story by itself.
Did you realise those people were instrumental to the realization of Joseph's dream.

If Joseph had not gone to Egypt the exact day, his brothers sold him to the Ishmaelites he would have never been prime minister of Egypt.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Nmezor(f): 11:11pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hmm
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:11pm On Dec 26, 2019
AK481:

But Davido and wizkid post everyday, entering private jet and showing money, why otumopo no crash the jet?u get enemy pass them?

I am no celebrity. those you mentioned are celebs.

I hail u, bro.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by bezimo(m): 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
anochuko01:
Since i learnt to stop seeking validation from people, i stopped posting much on social media.

Bible says "he who whatches over his mouth keeps his life.."
In the same manner i say, "he who watches over his fingers (from posting stuffs online) keepeth his life too"

I learnt same..keep it secret until it is permanently parmanent

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by fortune1968: 11:27pm On Dec 26, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
if you have a questionable past to the point that your future employer may change their mind about you, then why is that wrong?!?! that friend saved that employer from future sorrow about that questionable individual.
Was that her motive ? to save the empoyer abi ? Even if the lady had a questionable past , how are you sure that she has not changed for the better ? Stop defending a bad character .
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by texazzpete(m): 11:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
Someone made up a story on Facebook and it’s become a front page story on Nairaland.

Na wa.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Inhabitable1(m): 12:58am On Dec 27, 2019
BlackIP:
grin

YES THE STORY IS NOT COMPLETE ....

THAT'S WHY WE CANNOT COMPETE WITH ANYBODY !!!!

RIP ENGLISH !!!!

Abeg carry ur English go,,,, who know book pass no be to speak queens English....

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by majamajic(m): 1:06am On Dec 27, 2019
Ijeoma660:
Joseph in the bible told his dreams to people who had nothing to contribute to his dreams but rather to end him and his big dreams...

Keep your success stories to yourself. Let your success tell its story by itself.

no Joseph own , his opening up made the dream work

cos from jail , he interpreted the king's dream

if he was not jailed that his dream wouldn't have come true

Joseph own worked perfectly !!
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 27, 2019
Serious punches I picked from the write-up:

When you update your friends, you also update your enemies.
Stop trying to impress an invisible crowd.
The social media is an army of unlimited friends and haters.
...even your friends who are loosing in life can get jealous when they hear your winning stories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by amaks: 1:21am On Dec 27, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
if you have a questionable past to the point that your future employer may change their mind about you, then why is that wrong?!?! that friend saved that employer from future sorrow about that questionable individual.

What if she has a change of heart? And is now just trying to make ends meet? After escaping the harsh labor market.

What if the whole allegation was just a set up by some envious individuals and bosses in a former organization? And making her to take the fall. Yes such things do happen in real life.

People deserve a second chance.
Is she supposed to be suffering and paying for that deed forever? Her whole life? Whether innocent or guilty?
I believe the new employer could had even use that info to their advantage, to get the girls commitment and loyalty to the new job. And letting her know they are aware.

If everyone is judged for their future based on their past sins then almost the whole world will not move forward. Only the saints. I guess you're one of the saints. Even convicted criminals of some worse crimes get released from jail after a while. And get another shot at life.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:48am On Dec 27, 2019
fortune1968:
Was that her motive ? to save the empoyer abi ? Even if the lady had a questionable past , how are you sure that she has not changed for the better ? Stop defending a bad character .

irrelevant to the employer...

amaks:
What if she has a change of heart? And is now just trying to make ends meet? After escaping the harsh labor market.

how is that relevant to the employer?! should the employer suddenly give a damn?!

What if the whole allegation was just a set up by some envious individuals and bosses in a former organization? And making her to take the fall. Yes such things do happen in real life.

the negativity that this person has around her is enough to stay clear of her... what other BS does she have in store?

People deserve a second chance.

yes they do, she will certainly get another chance in the future with another firm.

Is she supposed to be suffering and paying for that deed forever? Her whole life? Whether innocent or guilty?

its called LIFE CONSEQUENCES

I believe the new employer could had even use that info to their advantage, to get the girls commitment and loyalty to the new job. And letting her know they are aware.

use negativity and a person bringing bad vibes to the company?! really? how exactly?!

If everyone is judged for their future based on their past sins then almost the whole world will not move forward.

what future are you talking about? its called making a sound decision for your company, and making sure you have all the right elements in your staff/crew. YES, your past sins are part of who you are today, therefore you should be judged upon it.

Only the saints. I guess you're one of the saints. Even convicted criminals of some worse crimes get released from jail after a while. And get another shot at life.

yes they do, but you certainly CANNOT force people to feel positive about these negative people and/or employ them by force) do you?... expecting people to just miraculously forget that these are ex criminals or whatever negative stuff about them, is a joke.
example: i could NEVER employ someone who was convicted of theft/fraud/yahoo-yahoo, murder, rape etc.... if someone could steal once, then the day they are in need, it would be very easy for them to do it again. FACT!
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Cousin9999: 2:06am On Dec 27, 2019
That's messed up.

Still better than India. wink
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Basitelo1(m): 2:45am On Dec 27, 2019
qualityovenbake:
Lesson: Is not everything you put on public domain

U are right
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by grandstar(m): 3:39am On Dec 27, 2019
Tell them o. Everything they post on Facebook, even if their head is on fire, theyll first snap and post before putting it off
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by grandstar(m): 3:41am On Dec 27, 2019
Sirmuel1:
That's very good!!! Next time, she will learn to live a private life.

I don't think she knows where the problem came from. She'll be clueless
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by grandstar(m): 3:44am On Dec 27, 2019
uboma:
The story is not entirely true except the friend truly presented facts to the employer to back up her allegation that the lady is of a questionable character.

The company may develop cold feet. The accountants job is a job where your probity is sacrosanct. There must not even be suspicion or blemish whatsoever.

In this employer's market of today, you just sack and replace
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Liposure: 4:09am On Dec 27, 2019
Ijeoma660:

had joseph kept himself.do u think he wood hav succeeded.dont mix things up.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by iamjavadem(m): 4:10am On Dec 27, 2019
Some employers wont most do not do checkup with previous employer until u start working.
uboma:
The story is not entirely true except the friend truly presented facts to the employer to back up her allegation that the lady is of a questionable character.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Bahamas95(m): 5:04am On Dec 27, 2019
BlackIP:
grin

YES THE STORY IS NOT COMPLETE ....

THAT'S WHY WE CANNOT COMPETE WITH ANYBODY !!!!

RIP ENGLISH !!!!
Oga calm down, that was a mistake na. It could happen to anybody.

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by lollybizzu(m): 6:10am On Dec 27, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Without even investigating to know if the allegations are true?
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by TommyAnthem(m): 6:13am On Dec 27, 2019
True, my friend and his wife started avoiding me the day I showed them my appointment letter over a new job offer, I have been wracking my brain endlessly to figure out where I might have wronged them, all to no avail.
Ijeoma660:

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Akexstinger(m): 6:14am On Dec 27, 2019
Nonsense post.... we are too obsolete in this country in terms of our way of reasoning and the way we do things. So one cannot celebrate his happiness again. Useless mentality

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by josite: 7:27am On Dec 27, 2019
Ijeoma660:

joseph didnt made a mistake by telling his dream.going through the valleys he went through was part of the divine training he was destined to have beofe prime ministership.

even while in the pit and in the prison it was still well with joseph.

while i agree some discertion is called for,there is nothing bad about someone celebrating her new job on fb '

for all you know ,not going into that job may land her a better job and that friend who reported may come round to beg food from her in her new job.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by naturefellow(m): 7:54am On Dec 27, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
... albeit, did it in revenge.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Ajibade123(m): 8:56am On Dec 27, 2019
what a friend
see 9 to 5 job alternative you have always wanted https://explicitsuccess.com/9-to-5-job-alternatives/
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by amaks: 11:44am On Dec 27, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

irrelevant to the employer...

how is that relevant to the employer?! should the employer suddenly give a damn?!

the negativity that this person has around her is enough to stay clear of her... what other BS does she have in store?

yes they do, she will certainly get another chance in the future with another firm.

its called LIFE CONSEQUENCES

use negativity and a person bringing bad vibes to the company?! really? how exactly?!

what future are you talking about? its called making a sound decision for your company, and making sure you have all the right elements in your staff/crew. YES, your past sins are part of who you are today, therefore you should be judged upon it.

yes they do, but you certainly CANNOT force people to feel positive about these negative people and/or employ them by force) do you?... expecting people to just miraculously forget that these are ex criminals or whatever negative stuff about them, is a joke.
example: i could NEVER employ someone who was convicted of theft/fraud/yahoo-yahoo, murder, rape etc.... if someone could steal once, then the day they are in need, it would be very easy for them to do it again. FACT!

That's okay. Your choice, your way.

I think you're being too principled and hardlined and extreme. That's not a good quality in managing or leading people, if you hope to do that someday. It will create problems. Life is also about flexibility and compromises. We are all humans not robots or machines. No one is perfect or can't find themselves in unpleasant circumstances, dileberately or unkowingly. Even you could end up in an unpleasant circumstances, in any manner, it may not be about job search. You surely won't like to be treated and judged so, it's not really about whether you'll like it or not but i feel that's not the right way to treat people. It's easy to talk till you get to experience it someday. I never have but i can empathise. I'm not justifying her actions especially if she did so deliberately but I'm just trying to be human.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by ACE1010: 1:46pm On Dec 27, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

I don't believe her story....envy is her main reason, period
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2019
amaks:

That's okay. Your choice, your way.

I think you're being too principled and hardlined and extreme. That's not a good quality in managing or leading people, if you hope to do that someday. It will create problems. Life is also about flexibility and compromises. We are all humans not robots or machines. No one is perfect or can't find themselves in unpleasant circumstances, dileberately or unkowingly. Even you could end up in an unpleasant circumstances, in any manner, it may not be about job search. You surely won't like to be treated and judged so, it's not really about whether you'll like it or not but i feel that's not the right way to treat people. It's easy to talk till you get to experience it someday. I never have but i can empathise. I'm not justifying her actions especially if she did so deliberately but I'm just trying to be human.

let me educate you a little:
creating a business is not about charity, you are trying to find a proper group of individuals that will carry your vision and help your business grow. bringing some negativity (or poisonous people) within that group of individuals is not only counter productive but also foolish.... that would certainly create problem in the future, for you, your employees AND your business.
yes life is about flexibility/compromises and much more. most importantly, your job as the "leader" is to make sure that your employees find themselves in the right environment to flourish and perform their task, possibly in a fun manner, and certainly not to bring possible virus that may shatter the bond created at the place of work. i understand that any jobseeker would want bosses to take chances on them (blind charity), but let me be the bearer of bad news: running a company has NOTHING to do with charity.

being human has absolutely NOTHING to do with giving someone (that does NOT feel right) a job. using your brain is the answer here.
each and everyone of us should be judged/treated by what we put out and do. its called CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTONS.
if you want to treat everybody the same way, regardless of their actions then so be it.... smart people know better, and MUST take firm decisions on what is obvious, whether a person likes it or not. people who think like you do are the ones who would think that i shouldnt fire people who made grave mistakes (because they have a family to feed etc) or that i shouldnt get rid of people in the workplace because you have been with us for a long time. ARRANT NONSENSE! you could be the best employee and still be fired, if that is beneficial to the company ( as much as you may not like to hear it).... and thats the type of hard choices BOSSES have to make on a daily basis.

the workplace is a constant battle, and in Nigeria where there are thousands who could replace you, you best be at the top of your game (aka perfect) if not then your job is at risk.

naturefellow:
... albeit, did it in revenge.

let me ask you: if someone reported you to the police for a crime that you "supposedly" committed, would you blame the police for investigating you for that crime?!

lollybizzu:
Without even investigating to know if the allegations are true?

what she did would be irrelevant to the employer... the negative vibe following that person is what matters here. what else will her friends bring to the company, when she starts working for that firm? what type of other negativity are they gonna bring to that firm?!

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by naturefellow(m): 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

let me ask you: if someone reported you to the police for a crime that you "supposedly" committed, would you blame the police for investigating you for that crime?!

Pls, read the story, your post, and my response to it again.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by seangy4konji: 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2019
Bastard full every where true true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff / Access Bank Frontline Internship 2017 / 5 Female Employees Of NIS Who Participated In Falz 'Don't Rush' Redeployed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.