Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain (117647 Views)

Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain / Olubunmi Diya Insists Pastor Gabriel Diya & 2 Children Who Drowned Could Swim / Pastor Ayilara Oluwaseunfunmi: RCBC, RCCG Pastor School, A Demonic Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by FlordFlorez(m): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
midnighter:

Stop it. Being a pastor doesnt mean you wont enjoy your life
For public swimming pool? The last time i check, it wasn't recorded that Jesus Christ swim in his life time. And im sure the pastor is a Christian. So who is he emulating by swimming??
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by midnighter(f): 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2019
FlordFlorez:
For public swimming pool? The last time i check, it wasn't recorded that Jesus Christ swim in his life time. And im sure the pastor is a Christian. So who is he emulating by swimming??

What are you saying? Is swimming a sin?
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by FlordFlorez(m): 8:51pm On Dec 27, 2019
midnighter:

What are you saying? Is swimming a sin?
I'll advice u thoroughly re-read all my statements. There was nowhere i stated it to be a sin, but doing that in a day that was meant for Christians to make the needy happy by sharing gifts is what made it absurd and not sinful. Please, don't quote me again. Thank u ma...
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by midnighter(f): 9:06pm On Dec 27, 2019
FlordFlorez:
I'll advice u thoroughly re-read all my statements. There was nowhere i stated it to be a sin, but doing that in a day that was meant for Christians to make the needy happy by sharing gifts is what made it absurd and not sinful. Please, don't quote me again. Thank u ma...

Actually! I don't agree with how you're putting it but you have a point. I just got what it was that you were trying to say.

It's somehow inappropriate for the pastor of a church to be absent from said church on Christmas day in particular. Only for it to emerge that the dude is holidaying on the Costa del Sol...

I just had to imagine how I would feel if I heard that my priest was absent from Christmas service because he was on holiday. As in I think I would be quite offended.

Not even the sharing alms to the poor or whatever but I wonder how other priests normally balance the holiday stuff with their families, because it's kind of strange for you to be absent from your church on a Christian holiday when you're supposed to be leading the celebration

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by onadana: 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2019
iRyan:

Did this vision come symbols/metaphors or was it exactly as it happened?

It was more of a metaphor on the same spot where the accident happened but this time it was not vehicular but flood.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by doggedfighter(f): 10:59pm On Dec 27, 2019
majamajic:

point of correction , God don't sleep

he knows everything

ananias and his wife they were servants of God , but when they lied about about God's money , God striked them immediately .
Fables as usual grin grin grin grin
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Martinez39(m): 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2019
doggedfighter:
Was god asleep?
What do you think?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Martinez39(m): 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2019
doggedfighter:
Was god asleep?
What do you think? grin

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by doggedfighter(f): 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
Taciturn1:
Your reaction is plain evil
But the person that allowed their death isn't evil? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by doggedfighter(f): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
Martinez39:
What do you think? grin
Busy enjoying he's sleep grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by 1Sharon(f): 2:14am On Dec 28, 2019
Martinez39:
What do you think?

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Lambarry1: 6:58am On Dec 28, 2019
This one get. Hand inside
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by grandstar(m): 11:08am On Dec 28, 2019
ednut1:
Prayers can never change the will of.God . This is another example

Is your belief based on the scriptures or your personal beliefs?

Look at what the Bible says here (Read Jo. 34:10-11,James 1:13-14)

King Solomon said bad things can happen anytime and to anyone (Read Eccl 9:11-12)

Jehovah may permit it to happen but he isn't the cause (Read Job 1:7-12)
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Amujale(m): 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
Why didnt anyone come to their rescue?

What was it?

Noone has provided concrete proof to suggest that the hotel was so desolate that not one pure soul could find their way to the rescue.

It stinks of nonchalant attitude from the staff of the Club La Costa Holiday resort, tourist and Spanish locals that were present at the scene.

Assuming that was a local Spaniard family that was in such trouble, it isnt inconceivable to suggest that the locals would have at the least made some sort of attempt to overcome the situation.

That resort ought to be closed down until all the necessary investigations are carried out.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Amujale(m): 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
Club La Costa, a resort on the coast of Spain; lets know so as to avoid such a place until their is the genuine closure for all the families affected by such a sad occurence.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by kingxsamz(m): 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
FlordFlorez:
Sorry bro, it only takes those with high intellect to understand those statements. You are actually far from that!

Merry Christmas anyway...

But there is nothing intelligent in what you wrote na, and that's a fact.
So because he's a pastor, he shouldn't have the privilege of taking his family out to have fun?
I don't think that is something someone with high intellect would say.
Where were you during the festive periods?
Answer. undecided
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by bizzibodi(m): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

Why Jesus could not help them defeat aquatic demons?
Was jeez informed to look out for them?
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Ken4Christ: 12:04am On Dec 29, 2019
Snowale:
If they all end up in paradise, they would be verrrrrrrry Happy and thankful to God, and would wish his wife and others joined them immediately. This life isn't cool at all.

Meanwhile, one have to be a good Muslim to enter paradise.

Please, Jesus is the only way to God and to paradise. Do not be deceived.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Ken4Christ: 12:11am On Dec 29, 2019
There is an error somewhere. This is not supposed to happen to a Christian talk more of a servant of God. No one should blame God on this. You don't know where he missed it.

Be very prayerful especially in tongues. Never step out without spending at least one hour in prayer. Always listen to the Holy Spirit. If the Holy Spirit says don't step out, obey. I hope he doesn't have any unrepented sin in his life? It will be a big disaster if he ends up in hell. Please make your ways right with God before it's too late. I pray that God will grant the rest of his family the grace to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by FlordFlorez(m): 2:21am On Dec 29, 2019
kingxsamz:

But there is nothing intelligent in what you wrote na, and that's a fact.
So because he's a pastor, he shouldn't have the privilege of taking his family out to have fun?
I don't think that is something someone with high intellect would say.
Where were you during the festive periods?
Answer. undecided
Ur unintelligency is legendary! Thats y u wont see my statements deem intelligent. For ur info, i visited the orphanage at Akure. And i aren't a pastor! Plz, i beg u dont quote me again. Continue to wail bitterly bro...
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 29, 2019
Ken4Christ:

Please, Jesus is the only way to God and to paradise. Do not be deceived.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
During the time of Abraham, he was the way, the truth and the life, and no one goes to God except through him and his teachings, During the time of Moses, he was the way, the truth and the life no one goes to God except through him and his teachings, During the time of Jesus, every were to stop following Moses scriptures and teaching, because Jesus was the way, the truth and the life, no one goes to God except through him, Now, the last prophet, Prophet Mohammed, he is the last prophet of God, no one goes to God except through him and his teachings, so we have to leave Jesus teaching, just like we left Moses teachings during the time of Moses. I'm glad you brought proof from the Bible that implies Jesus is a messenger who brought Bible with him. And during that period, Timothy said there is only one God, and a mediator between God and Man, that was Jesus, because Jesus was their messenger.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Image123(m): 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2019
It's unfortunate. But death is a part of life. God didn't promise that there's no physical death. While He wants to and promises to protect us, we have our parts to play. A drowning man is very difficult to save even with experience. There are some play you don't need to play if you are not safe. It doesn't mean you can't be fulfilled or happy.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Aparche(f): 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ken4Christ:
There is an error somewhere. This is not supposed to happen to a Christian talk more of a servant of God. No one should blame God on this. You don't know where he missed it.

Be very prayerful especially in tongues. Never step out without spending at least one hour in prayer. Always listen to the Holy Spirit. If the Holy Spirit says don't step out, obey. I hope he doesn't have any unrepented sin in his life? It will be a big disaster if he ends up in hell. Please make your ways right with God before it's too late. I pray that God will grant the rest of his family the grace to bear the loss.

Please just stop this type of reasoning! It's very flawed, and is simply not true. With this type of reasoning, you can easily turn against God and stop believing in Him should something unexpected happen to you which you feel shouldn't have happened simply because you area Christian & His servant.
God is a sovereign being, and His ways are higher than the ways of men. We (mortal men)can never know ALL the ways, thoughts and plans of God. What is written in the bible about Almighty God is not the totality of who He really is neither does it reflect all there is to ever know about Him or His ways. God through the holy scriptures revealed to man just enough of what He felt we should know about Him and His ways in order for us to have a successful relationship with Him ( no more no less).

I understand that Christians are under the protection of God and we are supposed to rely on the guidance of the Holy Spirit; but you must also know that the fact that you are a Christian does not mean that only good things will be happening in your life always, neither is it a guarantee that you will live long on earth or die a painless death. Sometimes God ALLOWS bad things to happen to His children. I don't know why, but I do know that it's usually for a purpose which will eventually lead to His glory.

If we should agree with your flawed reasoning, how can we explain the violent death of John the Baptist at the age of 30yrs via beheading? The shameful death of our Lord & saviour Jesus Christ at 33yrs via crucifixion? The violent death of all of the apostles except John? The death of thousands of missionaries and their families whose lives were terminated by sicknesses, accidents, and some murdered by the very same people they went to preach the gospel to. Were these people not Christians? Were they not servants of God? Were they not under the guidance of the Holy Spirit?

Your reasoning is just like that of Job's friends who felt that he must have done something wrong to warrant all the calamities that had befallen him. But they were so wrong! They couldn't have known that God was testing Job's faith in Him. Yet despite their ignorance they were so presumptuous...no wonder God was very angry with them.

So Bros be very careful, do not in your zeal to defend God (which He didn't ask you to do), put blame on someone when you have no idea the relationship he had with his God.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by kingxsamz(m): 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
FlordFlorez:
Ur unintelligency is legendary! Thats y u wont see my statements deem intelligent. For ur info, i visited the orphanage at Akure. And i aren't a pastor! Plz, i beg u dont quote me again. Continue to wail bitterly bro...

grin grin grin Who's wailing?
Your 'statement deem intelligent' ? grin grin
I hear you man.
Because You visit the orphanage every Christmas period doesn't mean someone else shouldn't have fun. I guess your intelligent brain couldn't tell you that.
By the way, death comes at any time or anywhere, it's inevitable.
The pastor and his family could have died in an accident on their way to the orphanage, so what's your point? undecided
Infact, how do you know if the pastor hadn't gone to orphanage homes to make donations before the incident?
You don't know, but you decided to jump into conclusion and blamed the pastor for having fun with his family.
I hope your intelligence is enough to accumulate all I've said... grin
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by kingxsamz(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ken4Christ:

Lol, see this one.
If you like pray for four hours a day, if you'll die, you'll die. There's no protection over you.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Ken4Christ: 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
Aparche:

Please just stop this type of reasoning! It's very flawed, and is simply not true. With this type of reasoning, you can easily turn against God and stop believing in Him should something unexpected happen to you which you feel shouldn't have happened simply because you area Christian & His servant.
God is a sovereign being, and His ways are higher than the ways of men. We (mortal men)can never know ALL the ways, thoughts and plans of God. What is written in the bible about Almighty God is not the totality of who He really is neither does it reflect all there is to ever know about Him or His ways. God through the holy scriptures revealed to man just enough of what He felt we should know about Him and His ways in order for us to have a successful relationship with Him ( no more no less).

I understand that Christians are under the protection of God and we are supposed to rely on the guidance of the Holy Spirit; but you must also know that the fact that you are a Christian does not mean that only good things will be happening in your life always, neither is it a guarantee that you will live long on earth or die a painless death. Sometimes God ALLOWS bad things to happen to His children. I don't know why, but I do know that it's usually for a purpose which will eventually lead to His glory.

If we should agree with your flawed reasoning, how can we explain the violent death of John the Baptist at the age of 30yrs via beheading? The shameful death of our Lord & saviour Jesus Christ at 33yrs via crucifixion? The violent death of all of the apostles except John? The death of thousands of missionaries and their families whose lives were terminated by sicknesses, accidents, and some murdered by the very same people they went to preach the gospel to. Were these people not Christians? Were they not servants of God? Were they not under the guidance of the Holy Spirit?

Your reasoning is just like that of Job's friends who felt that he must have done something wrong to warrant all the calamities that had befallen him. But they were so wrong! They couldn't have known that God was testing Job's faith in Him. Yet despite their ignorance they were so presumptuous...no wonder God was very angry with them.

So Bros be very careful, do not in your zeal to defend God (which He didn't ask you to do), put blame on someone when you have no idea the relationship he had with his God.

I repeat, there is error somewhere. There is a difference between those two where persecuted for the gospel sake. It's not the same thing. A child of God is not supposed to die by accident or illness. If it happens, you broke the hedge.

I have been a believer for over 30 years and I can tell those times I had near death experience where times I strayed away from the faith. But I was also quick to repent and God had mercy on me. I can never die untimely death. It's impossible unless I walk in gross error. This is the gospel truth. Keep yourself and that wicked one cannot touch you - 1st John 5:18.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by izibili44: 3:41am On Dec 30, 2019
Snowale:
Islam is a religion of peace, don't let it be too late before you accept
Dt me rubbish.i stay Europe.i just dt want to talk to u.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Image123(m): 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
Ken4Christ:

I repeat, there is error somewhere. There is a difference between those two where persecuted for the gospel sake. It's not the same thing. A child of God is not supposed to die by accident or illness. If it happens, you broke the hedge.

I have been a believer for over 30 years and I can tell those times I had near death experience where times I strayed away from the faith. But I was also quick to repent and God had mercy on me. I can never die untimely death. It's impossible unless I walk in gross error. This is the gospel truth. Keep yourself and that wicked one cannot touch you - 1st John 5:18.

Careful sir, there's a balance. Children of God can die through sickness or accidents but are not supposed to. Not every sickness or accidents or resulting death is because of a broken hedge. A Christian can die like Lazarus, or like Epaphroditus almost did. There was no broken hedge or sin. Sometimes, we all face storms and challenges. While all can turn to testimony or for God's glory, not every believer believes enough for the situation. There's no more keeping Jesus could have kept Himself, or prayers He would have prayed from the storm. That storm would kill a great percentage of Christians and non christians.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Ken4Christ: 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
Image123:

Careful sir, there's a balance. Children of God can die through sickness or accidents but are not supposed to. Not every sickness or accidents or resulting death is because of a broken hedge. A Christian can die like Lazarus, or like Epaphroditus almost did. There was no broken hedge or sin. Sometimes, we all face storms and challenges. While all can turn to testimony or for God's glory, not every believer believes enough for the situation. There's no more keeping Jesus could have kept Himself, or prayers He would have prayed from the storm. That storm would kill a great percentage of Christians and non christians.

This is why the church need to be taught how to live by faith. Yes I agree with you. Outside breaking of hedge, ignorance can also kill a Christian. But in the case of this Pastor, he is certainly not ignorant and can't be in the class of Lazarus. We should all just be watchful and prayerful less incidents like this happen to us.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Image123(m): 7:24pm On Dec 31, 2019
Ken4Christ:

This is why the church need to be taught how to live by faith. Yes I agree with you. Outside breaking of hedge, ignorance can also kill a Christian. But in the case of this Pastor, he is certainly not ignorant and can't be in the class of Lazarus. We should all just be watchful and prayerful less incidents like this happen to us.

You sound quite "final", it seems you know them personally? Like you've said though, we all should be more watchful and prayerful. Again, it's not every storm that is caused by prayerlessness or not watching. Jesus Himself faced storms literally, and told His followers that in the world, they'd have tribulations. So, yes, problem can be as a result of sin or carelessness. BUT not always or 100%. When Herod slew children at the birth of Jesus, it was not as a result of anyone's sin. Sometimes, things do happen that only the Sovereign God can really say or give closure.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Maestro21: 10:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
Ken4Christ:

Ignorance is part of breaking the hedge.

Lazarus was NOT a Christian when he died.

There is nothing like "almost die". Nobody said Challenges will not come but we have power over EVERY and ANYTHING.

You can NEVER really tell what anyone believes. I am very careful to say who was ignorant or not. All I know is the Pastor is in heaven which is better. But trust me, this was not his time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Top 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria (photos) / Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.