Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics (78839 Views)

Man, Wife & Their 4 Children Burnt To Death In A Fatal Accident (Photos) / I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by Cti28(m): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2019
Olalan:
Quite unfortunate this is.........How do you console their families
It is a big tragedy, and His mom is just making recovery from stroke. Imagine this news getting to her.
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by DaddyGngeess(m): 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
I and my wife boarded a bus yesterday traveling although within the state. One of the passengers bought a ten litre full of petrol and put it inside our bus. I alighted and asked my wife to so same, ollected back my fare and took another bus.
All these happened after I suggested to the passenger to wait and buy the highly inflamable product when he gets home. Mba ooo, rara... the illiterate son of the old man was just ranting that I'm the only one objecting to their life threatening agenda.

Nigerians are by far one of the most reckless people on the earth. Even when you try to do the right thing, it will be met with outright opposition.

Most of the deaths and unfortunate incidences you hear of are cases of self-destruct. So unfortunate!

Safety first...

May God console the bereaved..

my brother u did well abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by millionboi2: 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2019
mamajj17:

My dear most terrible Aftermath is caused by NEMESIS, not always Spritual...Pity them thou cry cry
hmmmm

U r right........d man or d woman maybe aware of dis

1 Like

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by Favour988: 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2019
miqos02:

Copy and paste blogger. You got this via Facebook. Give credits
I don't see the relevance of this to the fact that a whole family painfully lost their lives in one day. Where the news came from should be the least to worry about now.

4 Likes

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by kunleweb: 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2019
dominique:
Heard he's a nairalander that's active in the religion section. Not sure how true this is

RIP to the family

If you find out his moniker if incase you do, could you please let us know

4 Likes

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by Spectrum22: 2:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
Extremely sad.

I, my wife, my two sons and daughter were almost ran over by a reckless driver on that same Christmas day. God saved us.

It's so painful that this beautiful family perished in such a manner.
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
The people above me saying village people pls keep shut. It not village people
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by AmazingELixir: 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

Excpet for that. But then people don't just die like that. With the body of the car left intact

Which car is the body intact??....that's the twisted wreck in the pix

2 Likes

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by eboniest(f): 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
So sad.A whole family wasted just like that.May God grant the relatives fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by tomju(m): 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
Humphrizy:
Untimely death will Never be our portion.

May God grant them eternal rest
Oh my God. Evil is always associated with 25th December! Jesus Christ cannot be born on such a date!. Stop celebrating Christmas, its pagan! So painful. Besides, I havent still discovered a bible portion that admonishes Christians to celebrate his birth! Who started this Christmass sef? He should be flogged. Like seriously. "Followers of Christ"? This one no follow o. Forget sentiments now, or saying i was born to meet it. Question it! Do you know how many souls perish on Lagos Ibadan expressway just because they are enroute east/south south to go and celebrate 25th December? How come people travel home within any other month in the year and accidents rarely happen. But from 23rd to 31st na dangerous time. Too many people are rushing, reckless, some under the influence! "celebration mood" Sometimes they even hit an innocemt passerby! Even when you are careful, the other commuter may not be. Cruel world. May the departed rest in peace. Sad.
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by mctfopt: 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
I and my wife boarded a bus yesterday traveling although within the state. One of the passengers bought a ten litre full of petrol and put it inside our bus. I alighted and asked my wife to so same, ollected back my fare and took another bus.
All these happened after I suggested to the passenger to wait and buy the highly inflamable product when he gets home. Mba ooo, rara... the illiterate son of the old man was just ranting that I'm the only one objecting to their life threatening agenda.

Nigerians are by far one of the most reckless people on the earth. Even when you try to do the right thing, it will be met with outright opposition.

Most of the deaths and unfortunate incidences you hear of are cases of self-destruct. So unfortunate!

Safety first...

Most Nigerians like playing Russian roulette with their lives. My cousin boarded a bus at around 6 PM against his better judgement. The bus left when it was getting slightly dark, he initially thought the vehicle's headlamp was just poor. Some minutes later an oncoming vehicle swerved just some seconds to impact when the driver realised that their bus was a vehicle and not a motorcycle.

My cousin then realised the danger they were in; the fool of a driver had only one functional headlamp! This revelation was halfway through their journey in the middle of nowhere, with everywhere dark. He did the right thing and alighted, but not without the other passengers begging him not to do that, that they were almost near their destination, that the "Good Lord will continue to protect them". But my guy refused, and rightly so. The idiot driver with one headlamp claimed the headlamp was just fine the other night that it must have developed issues that night which if you know most Nigerian commercial driver's maintenance culture is just a barefaced outright lie.

8 Likes

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by Splendblex(f): 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2019
What a great loss cry
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by Ademitundun(m): 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2019
this is my brs it so sad to see him trend on news for the first time but with a sad news the whole house in Abuja and suleja are in pains grandma told me he came to there place on xmax day in kwamba now I can't see u again this really hurt us all oh God

4 Likes

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by mamajj17(f): 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2019
millionboi2:
hmmmm

Very useful Prayer we need in lives, is that May the good Lord breaks all Generation Curses upon our lives dear, pity those innocent Kids cry
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by mamajj17(f): 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
millionboi2:
hmmmm

The very useful Prayer we need in lives, is that May the good Lord breaks all Generation Curses upon our lives dear, pity those innocent Kids cry
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by wink2015(m): 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
Naijmobile:
Information reaching NaijMobile indicates that a family of 5 has been wasted by what has been termed “A Christmas Tragedy”.

Mr Samson Adetunji, together with his wife, Mrs. Opeyemi Adetunji with their two sons and a daughter were traveling during the yuletide when the unfortunate happened.

NaijMobile understands that their vehicle crashed into an overhead bridge along Kubway way, Abuja and their car caught fire. They were all burnt beyond recognition.

May their soul rest in peace.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=979912812386825&id=100011043451918

Reckless driving is the cause of this incident.

Rip to the departed.

1 Like

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by kushme: 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
My flesh was willing for the Xmas trip, but my logic-man was weak..
He said don't go anywhere, save yourself the stress, time and money..

. Maybe the man's state of mind never planned on driving or traveling that day but would rather he pleases his wife.. Now see the outcome..
most time na wives and mothers go dey ginger sons and husbands to make trips wey dem no plan for.. Some times, just follow your instinct and damn the consequences..
Its a pity mehn. cry

5 Likes

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by OndoRaph(m): 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:
Na wa o. Aggressive village people. An entire family. Una try

Even if a fire extinguisher costs 20,000Naira please buy it and have like 2 in your car. The cost of loss far outweighs the cost saved from ignoring needful amenities that are many times overlooked and ignored. The same thing applies to all other things we ignore and overlook but are needful. The culture of saving money by not buying needful safety and security amenities like this always, I repeat always often can lead to scenarios where losses are experienced and when weighed far outweighs the cost of purchasing these items/having them in place
In that kind of situation; a crashed car that caught fire, how would an extinguisher have been useful?

1 Like

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by GamalNasser: 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2019
TheGiftedOne:

Safety first...

You are my type of person ..Kudos

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by kunleweb: 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2019
OndoRaph:
In that kind of situation; a crashed car that caught fire, how would an extinguisher have been useful?

If they weren't killed by the impact of the collision or from fainting in the aftermath of the whole brouhaha, an extinguisher can be used to break open the glass/door to free one or two persons and can be used to contain the intensity of theheat/fire

1 Like

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by OndoRaph(m): 3:11pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

If they weren't killed by the impact of the collision or from fainting in the aftermath of the whole brouhaha, an extinguisher can be used to break open the glass/door to free one or two persons and can be used to contain the intensity of theheat/fire
''If,'' good you used the word

3 Likes

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by lukup: 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2019
RIP
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by ncpat(m): 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2019
TheGiftedOne:

Safety first...

You have said it all, when you tell them the consequences of their actions, the next thing you hear is God forbid, not my portion.
Don't be surprise the man himself must have been tipsy, most accident has nothing to do with village people, just be careful and take cautions.

5 Likes

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by osazsky(m): 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2019
millionboi2:
Very bad

Some ppl feel very bad not driving a new car in Christmas and here som1 just drove to death
its still better to have one ,people also die while trecking,RIP to d deceased ,I pray they no longer have parents cuz they might die of shock as well God help us amen
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
Any accident along kubwa Express way is due to over speeding ... we know the road is smooth... but safety first, even me when I reach there, am tempted to match the fast pedal..

RIP to the Adetunji's

cry fact

1 Like

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by Otunba2004(m): 3:16pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:
Na wa o. Aggressive village people. An entire family. Una try

Even if a fire extinguisher costs 20,000Naira please buy it and have like 2 in your car. The cost of loss far outweighs the cost saved from ignoring needful amenities that are many times overlooked and ignored. The same thing applies to all other things we ignore and overlook but are needful. The culture of saving money by not buying needful safety and security amenities like this always, I repeat always often can lead to scenarios where losses are experienced and when weighed far outweighs the cost of purchasing these items/having them in place
do you believe they can even remember fire extinguisher in this sinero,most people kept their fire extinguisher at back of the car in this situation I don't think anyone of them can come out to use the extinguisher unless good Samaritan can use his or her own to save lives
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by figoperch: 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2019
TheGiftedOne:

Safety first...

Safety always.

1 Like

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by Originalsly: 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

If multiple persons with two fire extinguishers are trapped. Using two full extinguishers should contain the damage help break one or two glasses and free one or two persons. That all got burnt without a fight points to the fact that there wasn't fire extinguisher to give them the opportunity of a fight

You're assuming two fire extinguishers are in the passenger compartment ofthe car. Fine. Where would they most likely be kept considering there are 5 passengers?
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by NoRetreat(m): 3:21pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

If you find out his moniker if incase you do, could you please let us know
madeinheaven
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by kunleweb: 3:22pm On Dec 27, 2019
Otunba2004:
do you believe they can even remember fire extinguisher in this sinero,most people kept their fire extinguisher at back of the car in this situation I don't think anyone of them can come out to use the extinguisher unless good Samaritan can use his or her own to save lives

Any car owner that keeps a fire extinguisher in the boot doesn't have an extinguisher. One day I was in my house, thieves came in to attack. Immediately they saw me approaching the door they felt intimidated ran back to quickly put their rifle together guess what I did as I ran back in, I didn't try to close the door, I ran for the light switch and killed it with the hope that no strangers can intimitaely walk around the house :Dguess what I was right. They fired multiple times inside the house as they groped for darkness.

See there should be a safety mechanism in almost every thing thesedays and it should be the first thing to consult and most be within reach when the need is called upon

1 Like

Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by Skillsnigeria: 3:22pm On Dec 27, 2019
Na so life be,RIP
Re: Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics by kunleweb: 3:22pm On Dec 27, 2019
Originalsly:

You're assuming two fire extinguishers are in the passenger compartment ofthe car. Fine. Where would they most likely be kept considering there are 5 passengers?

Extinguishers are meant to be hunged inside the car behind the drivers seat can accomodate even four extinguishers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi / Professor Pius Adesanmi Dies In Ethiopia Airlines Plane Crash - John O. Oba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.