Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us - Crime (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us (46144 Views)

RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / Burial Of Nkiruka, The Female Student Shot By Soldiers Announced / Final Year Mapoly Student Shot Dead By Suspected Cult Members - Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2010
Are ppl seriously trying to link Busayo up with gangs?

If I send my curses towards you, they'll reach home! ediots!

He'll never in his life join anything. He was serious, hardworking, too innocent to smoke, too young to drink. I can imagine how scared he was while trying to beg his attackers to spare his life. He had no bad bone in him, couldnt even be mean if you beg him to.

So how dare you try to dirty up an innocent man's life?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ADM1(m): 6:47pm On Dec 04, 2010
dayokanu:

ADM,

What could be the reason why black males have the lowest HS completion rates? What could be the reason why jails are filled with blacks, What could be the reason why black neighbourhood are notorious for gun crimes, What could be the reason why 72% of kids born to AA women are born outside of marriage?

What happened to the value of the black community, I know someone who threw a party that their son came back from jail after spending 5yrs, This is a 24yr old

Regarding your statement about whites being more on welfare lets do some stats. Its just logical since whites are 80% of the population

Whites are 80% of US population, Black like 12%

Lets take 100: Whites are 80 and blacks 12

If out of 80 whites 25 depend on welfare and out of 12 blacks 10 depend on welfare, Which group would you say depends more?

What makes you think married couples make better parents than unmarried couples? I was born out of wedlock and my parents were and still are the best in the world. They taught me everything, they took care of me, my dad taught me how to be a man, etc. There are plenty of married couples who are horrible parents, so don't think a wedding ring equals good parenting. Get that religious nonsense out of your head.

I completed high school. My black comrades completed HS. Black males are not the first in that category. As for guns, where do they come from? How do they end up where they end up? Whites are more notorius for that stuff, especially the NRA crowd. Welfare? Once again, whites make up the majority of those who receive it, not "Hispanics"and not blacks. As for jail, once again, you amaze me in your thinking they're filled with blacks. There are black people in jail, but they're not the only ones.

As I said before, I'm not denying the problems. I'm just sick and tired of ignorant, hateful people who want to judge an entire group because of the actions of a few bad apples. I'm not a bad person, I've never been in trouble, I don't hang out with the bad crowd, and I have a job.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ADM1(m): 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2010
Unveiler, you only focus on things that are negative. Why not the positive? Why are you so hellbent on trying to say blacks in the U.S. or something? You're Nigerian, right? Have you seen the posts on crimes committed in Nigeria? Why not focus on those if you don't care about black U.S. citizens? Those videos are disgusting and the people should be ashamed, but thinking they're the only ones who these acts is wrong. I can show you horrible acts white people commit and say they're this or that. But I would be wrong.

By the way, there's a website called WhiteWatch. Check it out. Maybe it will stop your generalizing.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by phreakabit(m): 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2010
"The mentality that we have now -- we don't snitch, we don't tell -- we need to do away with this," Dolton Police Chief Bolden Jones said.

If that was said, in relationship to his murder, then maybe he got killed because of something he said to the police about an investigation( which, would be the right thing to do,if asked). Or maybe that statement was aimed at the the residents of that community. But then again, these are just mere assumptions.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by oyinda3(f): 6:56pm On Dec 04, 2010
really dunno what to say
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by phreakabit(m): 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2010
A.D.M

Most of the comments made here, are made out of anger, and shouldn't be taking seriously. Its not like anyone hates or dislikes Black Americans, but we are all just very pissed off right now.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by chiogo(f): 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2010
phreakabit:

If that was said, in relationship to his murder, then maybe he got killed because of something he said to the police about an investigation( which, would be the right thing to do,if asked). Or maybe that statement was aimed at the the residents of that community. But then again, these are just mere assumptions.
No, you people are missing the point. The police were referring to the neighbors who refuse to give any information about seeing anything on the day he got shot. The neighbors supposedly heard the gun shot but did not call the police or check to see what was going on, they only mentioned that they heard the gun shot after his body was found by the police but refused to give any more information. Obviously, somebody knows something but that's the so-called 'street' rule nowadays, going to the police to say what you know about a murder is seen as snitching, which is arrant nonsense. These neighbors could give information anonymously. Oh, people are so heartless these days. Imagine if this happened to one of their own then they would give anything to know who committed the crime.

. . . . . . . . . .

Seriously guys, no one knows for sure who killed him so let's not make assumptions based off black-on-black crime in the U.S., it could have been anyone from any race/ethnicity. It's really a cold world. One thing I know about so-called gangs is they would never kill someone who isn't associated with 'em or a rival gang. Busayo would never belong to a gang, it makes no sense considering his personality and intelligence. He may have been mistaken for someone if he was truly shot by a gang or they thought he had valuable material with him.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by SisiKill1: 7:11pm On Dec 04, 2010
phreakabit:

I know English is our second language but I didn't know it would be so hard to comprehend.

There are no assumptions here, it is as clear as day to anyone with an iota of sense. Nobody is coming forward about his death despite the fact that they saw it go down because of the "We don't snitch" mentality.

How that translates to Bawo getting killed for snitching is completely beyond me

Jeeez!!!!!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by phreakabit(m): 7:12pm On Dec 04, 2010
One thing I know about so-called gangs is[b] they would never kill someone who isn't associated with 'em or a rivalry gang[/b]. Busayo would never belong to a gang, it makes no sense considering his personality and intelligence. He may have been mistaken for someone if he was truly shot by a gang or they thought he had valuable material with him.

He is definitely, not a gang member.But most gangs, now send out new recruits to kill anyone ,just to prove they have what it takes.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by phreakabit(m): 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2010
I know English is our second language but I didn't know it would be so hard to comprehend.

There are no assumptions here, it is as clear as day to anyone with an iota of sense. Nobody is coming forward about his death despite the fact that they saw it go down because of the "We don't snitch" mentality.

How that translates to Bawo getting killed for snitching is completely beyond me

Jeeez!!!!!

Talk about comprehension of English. I was referring to my first statement, regarding whether those words where directed at why he was murdered.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by triistar86: 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2010
RIP Bro. . . sad you had to leave this young cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by phreakabit(m): 7:19pm On Dec 04, 2010

"The mentality that we have now -- we don't snitch, we don't tell -- we need to do away with this," Dolton Police Chief Bolden Jones said.

Read that line Again. Those words could have meant 2 things. FYI over there,a snitch is anyone who talks to the police for what so ever reason, you dont have to be a gang member. Also, if you are in the States, I dare you to speak to a cop in the open, whenever there's an investigation going on. Then you would understand.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by favouredjb(f): 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2010
God know i was always looking forward to his posts,one of the brilliant minds on nl,this is soo ssd am shaking rite now and cant even get myself cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by kulutempa: 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2010
I am simply speechless and shocked.  The only thing that keeps coming to my mind are the words of this hymn and since it wouldn't go away I will put down the first and last stanzas here to the  memory of Bawomolo:

Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide.
When others helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes;
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies.
Heaven's morning breaks, and earth's vain shadows flee;
In life, in death,  O Lord, abide with me.

May God grant him eternal rest and comfort his family in their sorrow.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by roymary: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2010
phreakabit:

He is definitely, not a gang member.But most gangs, now send out new recruits to kill anyone ,just to prove they have what it takes.

Don't be too certain. He could have been into whatever. Might have been killed because of a girl, Bleep or maybe something he said to somebody or about someone. BTW, he might have witnessed a murder and the killer felt he should be taken out too.

Yes, he was against the existence of God but hey, its too late to debate on Bawo's personality. He made his choices like we are all making ours this day.

We should all simply drop our condolences and wait for update on the investigation.

Someday it might be on "First 48"
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Seun(m): 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2010
Don't be too certain. He could have been into whatever. Might have been killed because of a girl, Bleep or maybe something he said to somebody or about someone. BTW, he might have witnessed a murder and the killer felt he should be taken out too.
Don't be to certain of what? How does any of the above translate into being a gang member?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Ibomade1: 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2010
Chei, I cannot believe this  cry cry cry. Never meet him, never saw his real picture until today. But I will surely miss your posts.
R.I.P Bawomolo
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by buzugee(m): 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2010
@ denzel2009 you saw that post too ?  grin bawomolo sure was one helluva chap.

fellas fellas,ladies,ladies it is quite understandable that emotions are running high right about now but i think it is best to temper your emotions with some common sense. the African american experience in america is something you wouldnt even be able to comprehend until you read over 10 books on the issue and can somehow transpose yourself into an African Americans shoes for one day. these people have being conditioned and programmed to believe that they aint shyttt. imagine this, from the time you are born in this world, you have always being ruled by a white person, your existence has always depended on a white person and yet the same white person whom your existence depends on is the same white person who enslaved, despoiled and mutilated your grandparents and great grand parents. do you know that their are African Americans living today who have actually met one of their ancestors who was in slavery ? aint that some shyttt ? doesn't that tell you that it wasn't that long ago ?. i was watching Monique the other day and Louis gossett jr was on. he is 80 years old. he actually met and lived with his great grandmother who was born a slave. is that crazy that someone living amongst us today actually met a 'slave' ? And if i was indoctrinated in this systematic oppression of my people and had to attend classes where the murderers of my people like Christopher Columbus and Nathan Bedford forest were the topics and were highly lauded for their deeds (discovering the new world ), hell i woulda dropped out of school a long time ago myself. i can see how a eurocentric education will make any African Americans blood boil, and i can understand why they will drop out of this 'subliminal educational indoctrination and maligning of who they are'. these are broken people and the system only adds fuel to the fire by trying to indoctrinate them in eurocentric education. its like a crazy person being fed cocaine instead of medication and therapy.

Shirlee haizlip taylor, the author of 'the sweeter the juice' said it best when she was offered a job on the US virgin island of st thomas. When she got their, she, for the first time in her life went from being the minority to the majority. this was soothing for her soul and it re-affirmed who she was as a black woman and a black person seeing all the top jobs being controlled by black people. seeing the country run by black people. it made her feel WHOLE again.  alot of us take for granted that we have lived in africa which is run by the black man. this is a huge psychological boost. all these AA lack that psychological boost. lets not castigate them. lets just appreciate them from afar. dont get too close. but dont bad mouth them either.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by mamagee3(f): 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2010
How sure are you all that he's the same Nairaland user?

Did some of you all kow him?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by 04kaa: 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2010
may his soul rest in peace i dont know the guy , never met him even on nl.sad
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by shevchenko(m): 7:41pm On Dec 04, 2010
mama-gee:

I wonder why its on the homepage.Thot it was against the rules angry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by SisiKill1: 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2010
Please read this blog and tell us again how black on black crime is not that rampant.

[B]What About Our Sons[/B]

Young African American males are being gunned down in the streets on a daily basis which must end. We must save our sons from our sons as well as trigger happy police officers. Our sons are our future and if they are not saved, they won't have a future. Sadly, we are NOT saving our sons.

http://whataboutoursons..com/
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ikamefa(f): 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2010
cry  kai 18 pages and still no disclaimer?, so like play! like play! this boy don die for real?  cry

Rest in the bosom of the lord!

sun ire oh!

mama-gee:

dis one na jamb kwueshion abi na neco exam? did u bother to read ?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by roymary: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2010
Seun:

Don't be to certain of what?  How does any of the above translate into being a gang member?

I think you know what i'm talking about but you might not share my view. You are not 100% sure of any man. Many kids have been extremely disappointed in their kids because they never expected what they found out about their kids.

Did you also see this comment Bawo made?

[b]we bussing our guns over here and you sissies are complaining about bread knife crime[b]

No, that does not mean he was a gang member but it gives more soon to probabilities. I said he might have been killed because of a girl, Bleep or maybe something he said to somebody or about someone. BTW, he might have witnessed a murder and the killer felt he should be taken out too. Innocent/ordinary person could witness a murder.

I gave 5 instances and trust me, the investigators are looking in all those directions.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 04, 2010
1 killed, 1 wounded in Englewood shooting

December 3, 2010 6:00 AM

UPDATED STORY

A man was killed and another wounded in a Thursday evening shooting in the Englewood neighborhood on the city's South Side, police said.

At about 8:15 p.m., police were called to the 1800 block of West 56th Street to investigate a report of gunshot victims, Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien said.
When police arrived, they did find two victims.
Arthur Burgess, 19, of the 500 block of East 32nd Street, died at the scene, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.
The other victim--possibly in his 20s--was shot in the arm and leg and transported to Stroger Hospital, O'Brien said. He could not provide the man's condition.

No one was in custody for the shooting. Wentworth Area detectives are investigating.

Same neighbourhood. Barely 3 days apart.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by TewMuch: 7:49pm On Dec 04, 2010
@ roymary,
How about some opportunistic, jobless hoodrat and ghetto lowlives looking for a buck?we see even lesser reasons like a shirt or sneakers.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by roymary: 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2010
TewMuch:

@ roymary,
How about some opportunistic, jobless hoodrat and ghetto lowlives looking for a buck?we see even lesser reasons like a shirt or sneakers.

You are so right too.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by shevchenko(m): 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2010
Seun:

Don't be to certain of what? How does any of the above translate into being a gang member?
Mr man remove this thing from the welcome page angry

It is a grievous offence to announce the death of a Nairaland member on the forum without the admin's explicit approval  angry - Are you bending your rules?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by buzugee(m): 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2010
davidylan:

1 killed, 1 wounded in Englewood shooting

December 3, 2010 6:00 AM

UPDATED STORY

A man was killed and another wounded in a Thursday evening shooting in the Englewood neighborhood on the city's South Side, police said.

At about 8:15 p.m., police were called to the 1800 block of West 56th Street to investigate a report of gunshot victims, Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien said.
When police arrived, they did find two victims.
Arthur Burgess, 19, of the 500 block of East 32nd Street, died at the scene, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.
The other victim--possibly in his 20s--was shot in the arm and leg and transported to Stroger Hospital, O'Brien said. He could not provide the man's condition.

No one was in custody for the shooting. Wentworth Area detectives are investigating.

Same neighbourhood. Barely 3 days apart.
tis not the same neighborhood. bawo is about 80 blocks from this neighborhood. one is the southside, the other is the south suburb of dolton. i think dolton is about one hundred and thirty something street. nevertheless chicago and its suburbs are extremely dangerous places to live. this time last year a ghanaian guy was shot and killed on wilson and broadway while coming home from his job at walgreens on wilson and ashland
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by SisiKill1: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2010
Seun:

Don't be to certain of what?  How does any of the above translate into being a gang member?
Thank you oh!!!!

God! I'm getting very upset by the insinuations that this gentleman some of us knew was in a gang.  Anyone who has lived abroad knows how totally random and senseless these killings can be. Word on the street is that they saw him carrying a large knapsack and thought there might have been something in there worth stealing. Most the time these bastards are as high as a kite and very trigger happy.

In 2000, a 16yrs old was gunned down because his killer wanted his gym shoe. . . They were air jordans and the ghetto rat thought he could get a good chunk of money to buy drugs. A young life cut short over a freaking shoe!!!

The fact that Bawo didn't believe in the existence God does NOT make him a bad person and those who think so should be ashamed of themselves.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by na2day1: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

Please read this blog and tell us again how black on black crime is not that rampant.

[B]What About Our Sons[/B]

Young African American males are being gunned down in the streets on a daily basis which must end. We must save our sons from our sons as well as trigger happy police officers. Our sons are our future and if they are not saved, they won't have a future. Sadly, we are NOT saving our sons.

http://whataboutoursons..com/

It seems Chicago is not the best of place to be, not to talk of raising one's kids!  angry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2010
Nigeria, and Nairaland has lost a legend, a rising star, who had so much to live for. I never knew him personally, but Nairaland is like a massive community, a Nigerian extention that brings us all together, both in Nigeria and beyond. I pray our brother Olubusayo "Bawomolo" Awomolo finds eternal peace, the same peace that was denied him by a faceless person or persons. And I pray those responsible are brought to book, if not by the law, then by God. Rest in eternal peace, Brother Bawomolo. We love you, and you will be greatly missed by many.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (27) (Reply)

Robbers Shoot Father Michael Akawu Dead In A Supermarket In Abuja(photos) / Ritualists Kill 11-Year-Old Almajiri In Bauchi, Remove His Brain (Graphic Pics) / 2 Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At Cambodia (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.