Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us - Crime (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us (46101 Views)

RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / Burial Of Nkiruka, The Female Student Shot By Soldiers Announced / Final Year Mapoly Student Shot Dead By Suspected Cult Members - Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ADM1(m): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2010
TewMuch:

The american is obviously deluded.why is any black neighborhood filled with gun violence? Ask yourself that question.Your brothers need to wash their heads.You know the black community has issues.I was in chicago when a black African PhD student in his last month of PhD was shot dead on the university of chicago campus.Black males did that too.This was an African on full scholarship at the university of chicago studying the most complicated course I have heard about till today.A brilliant guy shot after toiling for 5 years to get that PhD. He was also the hope of his parents.So many stories like these.All those welfare kids should be enrolled in the army and sent away.

I'm not deluded. I know there are issues that needs to be dealt with from within. I've said that all the time way before I knew this site existed. But you are ignorant to think only black communities have guns and violence. I've been in non-black areas that have lots of guns and violence. That includes white areas. The area I live in is multiethnic: blacks, whites, East Asians, etc. Everybody gets along. You're also ignorant concerning welfare. Most welfare recipients in the U.S. are white, not black and not "Hispanic." I have no problem recognizing problems, but I'm not going to be silly enough to generalize and think x group is y. I'm sure you don't like people making dumb assumptions about the African continent. I don't like that either. So why do it yourself?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2010
my first encounter with Bawo - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-111517.0.html
I never forgot the Bonobo stuff, i heard it first from him. hilarious banter up there.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by spikedcylinder: 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2010
I think Tudor's earlier post about him getting shot was in jest. Heck, I even found it amusing. I understand that people handle issues differently but blaming Tudor one way or the other for his demise is not only unfair but also untrue.
Also, bawo had certain beliefs about gods and religions. So do I. It doesn't take away from the fact that there are two sides to a coin. Those who believe and those who don't. No one is 100% certain of what happens after death. You choose to walk on one side of the coin, he chose the other. Please just respect him and pay tribute to the great, sweet kid he was.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by moondust(m): 5:08pm On Dec 04, 2010
I dont know who the guy was, but someone added me to the group and my yahoo inbox became flooded with condolence messages.
Anyways, RIP dude.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by unveiler: 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2010
quotes from some of his posts

abi o, i can now die in peace . As per homosexuality, the sole purpose of sex in nature isn't for mating though. A significant amount of people we ignore are the bisexuals and pansexuals. They have kids while engaging in same-sex relationships at the same time.

this reminds me of the da grin song : if i die . Lets not use words associated with death on ourselves .

and what got you UK folks cranky, is it the tea and crumpets.

[b]we bussing our guns over here and you sissies are complaining about bread knife crime
[/b]

i still don't get the post above ! was he involved in gangbangin' like vice lords and stuff down in Chi ?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by TewMuch: 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2010
You are obviously deluded.Detroit and chicago have serious gun and gang violence.Most of the communities with high crime rates are black communities.I know from experience not statistics.Is it not chicago where school kids can go on a bus and open fire? Killing other school kids? It doesn't get much publicity nationwide because it is the black community and these crimes are a dime a dozen.As to welfare receipients, in the long lines I see mostly black people. In section 8 houses, young black women with bastard children running around.White people are 2 percent of that.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by honeric01(m): 5:20pm On Dec 04, 2010
unveiler:

i still don't get the post above ! was he involved in gangbangin' like vice lords and stuff down in Chi ?

Maybe he meant they are "fighting" the issue of guns in Chicago.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by phreakabit(m): 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2010
I'm not deluded. I know there are issues that needs to be dealt with from within. I've said that all the time way before I knew this site existed. But you are ignorant to think only black communities have guns and violence. I've been in non-black areas that have lots of guns and violence. That includes white areas. The area I live is multiethnic: blacks, whites, East Asians, etc. Everybody gets along. You're also ignorant concerning welfare. Most welfare recipients in the U.S. are white, not black and not "Hispanic." I have no problem recognizing problems, but I'm not going to be silly enough to generalize and think x group is y. I'm sure you don't like people making dumb assumptions about the African continent. I don't like that either. So why do it yourself?

Clearly, the USA has issues

With all the racial tension.

The Mexican Mob, MS13,Latin Kings, Surenos, Northernos (Latins)

KKK, Hells Angels, Mongols, Aryan Race supremacists  ( Whites)

Japanese and Chinese Mob (Asian)

Bloods, Crips, Vice Lords, Street disciples,e.t.c ( Blacks)

When you have gangs, littering the streets like that, the country is bound to be unsafe. But it is also known that, of all these Gun toting losers mentioned , for some reason, Black Americans gangs are more likely to attack an African, why? I don't know. and Chicago having a huge black community, which is somewhat predominant, with very extremely dangerous gangs, it wouldn't be wrong to say, that there is a 65% chance this act might have been, perpetrated by a black gang.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by PhysicsQED(m): 5:28pm On Dec 04, 2010
Nobody would be a graduate student in mechanical engineering and be involved in gang banging. . . .think sensibly here. He was trying to be funny, saying where he lived people were actually gang banging and actually living that street life yet somebody in "soft" UK was complaining about their weak criminals. . . it's just humor and light mockery. You can't be a bookworm who's studying mechanical engineering at the graduate level, and be on your laptop for so much of your time and truly have the mindset of a gang banger or be involved in it. . .it was just his sense of humor coming out in that comment
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Reference(m): 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2010
Another sad story from what is fast becoming a degenerate society. You know this when gangs rule and intellectuals are shot, the end is definitely nigh. My condolences go out to his family and friends.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Skidoc(m): 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2010
unveiler:

this reminds me of the da grin song : if i die . Lets not use words associated with death on ourselves .

This won't work. Whether you use words associated with death on yourselves or not, you will still die. It's absolutely ridiculous to think words like that would speed up or slow down your deathday.

unveiler:

For someone with 13,519 posts on Nairaland, it's obvious he really spent a lot of time on his laptop like his family said, and I don't think he was involved in such.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by GODSON2009(m): 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2010
i have not been on nairaland much in the past couple of months and reading this news was a huge and incomprehensible shock to me.i didnt know him personally but we have had a number of  intellectual sparrings in the politics and religious debates over the years and even after changing my screenie.this is a huge shame at the loss of a promising young man to some senseless violence.

i will enjoin seun osewa with the co-ordinators of the politics religious section to write the family in an official capacity and inform them of our condolences as nairalanders, most importantly for them to know that he had another life,a vibrant life and was well liked and loved on here by thousands of people who are mourning with them in this difficult and sorrowful time  sad sad
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by donline: 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2010
rip in d LORD
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by neelsel(f): 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2010
[b]NO ONE wants to get involved, so sad, [/b]DOLTON | The lack of cooperation from residents in the neighborhood where a 21-year-old graduate student was killed last week is hampering the investigation, Dolton police said Wednesday.

"The mentality that we have now -- we don't snitch, we don't tell -- we need to do away with this," Dolton Police Chief Bolden Jones said.

Olubusayo Awomolo rode a bus Friday night from the University of Illinois at Chicago to his home on the 15500 block of Ingleside Avenue. He was shot in his driveway between 7 and 8 p.m., Jones said.

The man's body was discovered by his older brother a short time later. Police haven't made any arrests and can't explain why Awomolo would be targeted.

Awomolo graduated high school at 16 and earned a bachelor's degree from UIC before seeking his master's degree, Jones said.

"We all wish our kids would grow up and strive after education the way this kid has," Jones said.

Police could only say they were looking for a slim built, black male with a dark complexion, wearing a brown coat.

Police also are looking for a dark 4-door sedan, but couldn't provide a make or model for the vehicle.

Jones asked anyone in the area of 155th and Ingleside avenues during the time of the shooting to contact police. Those wishing to provide information anonymously can call (708) 201-3226 or speak with an officer at (708) 201-3200.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/illinois/dolton/article_bc480dd4-1975-52f4-8056-3de41ed2e111.html

PS.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Amigoz(f): 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2010
Shocking!!!!!!!

Bawomolo - sun re o

Iku o dajo, Iku o da osu . . . .so so sad

I am shocked beyond words

May God grant the family the fortitude to bear his loss . . .o ma se o cry cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ADM1(m): 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2010
TewMuch:

You are obviously deluded.Detroit and chicago have serious gun and gang violence.Most of the communities with high crime rates are black communities.I know from experience not statistics.Is it not chicago where school kids can go on a bus and open fire? Killing other school kids? It doesn't get much publicity nationwide because it is the black community and these crimes are a dime a dozen.As to welfare receipients, in the long lines I see mostly black people. In section 8 houses, young black women with naughty person children running around.White people are 2 percent of that.

Once again, I'm not deluded. I told I know these problems exist in black communities and must be dealt with. Did you read too fast? I deal with experience, too. I also look at statistics. Whether you want to believe or not, white people make up the majority of the welfare receivers in the U.S., mostly poor whites in rural areas. It's obvious you've never been to those areas. I have and I've seen it firsthand. Why do you think Chicago and Detroit have gangs that are only black? Those cities have Bloods and Crips, along with Latin Kings, MS-13, Surenos, Black Dragons (Asian gang) and even white nationalist gangs. My problem with you is you like to put people in a box and say they're this or that. That's not right. Before you judge someone, you should get to know them.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by TewMuch: 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2010
What about New Orleans? Let's not even begin to scratch the surface.Life in New Orleans is worth approximately a glass of water.You cannot compare the level of violence in black communities elsewhere.Forget that.Black community has lost itself and its values and has become dependent on the government and crime.And the cycle continues because they don't seem to want better.There are enviable black people but they are few you have to admit.I think education is the way out.Forced education.Black males also have the highest drop out rates.The females are sooo much better than them.The puzzling thing is they have it all.Because how can you explain African's coming here and struggling to have a better life, and succeeding?Changes need to be made and the truth needs to be told.The black community needs to change.And let's not even talk about the dumb 'no snitch' nonsense.That is why they are where they are.Until they almost kill everyone before they begin to wake up.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2010
Now I remember this thread today.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-465192.0.html

Btw anyone know what happend to Mr crackless?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by SEFAGO(m): 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2010
[Police could only say they were looking for a slim built, black male with a dark complexion, wearing a brown coat.

That helps a lot  undecided.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ADM1(m): 6:01pm On Dec 04, 2010
TewMuch:

What about New Orleans? Let's not even begin to scratch the surface.Life in New Orleans is worth approximately a glass of water.You cannot compare the level of violence in black communities elsewhere.Forget that.Black community has lost itself and its values and has become dependent on the government and crime.And the cycle continues because they don't seem to want better.There are enviable black people but they are few you have to admit.I think education is the way out.Forced education.Black males also have the highest drop out rates.The females are sooo much better than them.The puzzling thing is they have it all.Because how can you explain African's coming here and struggling to have a better life, and succeeding?Changes need to be made and the truth needs to be told.The black community needs to change.And let's not even talk about the dumb 'no snitch' nonsense.That is why they are where they are.Until they almost kill everyone before they begin to wake up.

You are obviously a person who likes to jude people based on who they are or where they come from. How many times do I have say this? I know the black communities needs to change including the "stop snitching" thing, which comes from Irish and Italian mobs. The college I went to had lots of black graduates. Most were Americans. You're ignorant if you think there are no successful blacks. But then again, you judge people based on looks and birthplace. I don't where you live, but black folks in my area always go to school and they're all U.S. citizens. Changes need to be made, but I won't generalize or stereotype.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tubabie(f): 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2010
Oh my God, Bawolomo shocked sad sad sad
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Dec 04, 2010
ADM,

What could be the reason why black males have the lowest HS completion rates? What could be the reason why jails are filled with blacks, What could be the reason why black neighbourhood are notorious for gun crimes, What could be the reason why 72% of kids born to AA women are born outside of marriage?

What happened to the value of the black community, I know someone who threw a party that their son came back from jail after spending 5yrs, This is a 24yr old

Regarding your statement about whites being more on welfare lets do some stats. Its just logical since whites are 80% of the population

Whites are 80% of US population, Black like 12%

Lets take 100: Whites are 80 and blacks 12

If out of 80 whites 25 depend on welfare and out of 12 blacks 10 depend on welfare, Which group would you say depends more?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by phreakabit(m): 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2010
Changes need to be made, but I won't generalize or stereotype.

Stereotyping is bad in its totality! But can you tell me why African Americans enjoy taunting and attacking Africans? Is the reason likely to be, because we work, go to School and dress decently? I know, a lot of Native African Americans do the same. But you have to admit a majority of them, simply neglect those things i just mentioned. And then, tend vend their frustration out on Africans.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Dec 04, 2010
If you see a black man wearing singlets and sagged pants. What are the chances that he would be from Africa?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 04, 2010
So this 'we don't snitch culture' is real? I hear it and think people can't be that heartless. Too bad, too bad. . .
Now I'm beginning to see the use of those old white women that know what goes on in the neighbourhood. They are the first persons to talk in issues like this.  

Don't have much to say in issues like this or know how to write a touching eulogy, but I would be lying if this did not touch me. Never met him before, just the little, little banter we spared here. Didn't even know he was that young, otherwise I wouldn't even reply his comments to my legs. smiley (Wherever he is, I hope he finds that funny as usual embarassed wink ) That says so much about the kind of maturity he exuded, although his many intelligent posts tell more about his maturity smiley . Met him first on the religion section, although he used to vex me then with his views, but we never came to blows.  wink  smiley Found out many of my secondary schoolmates are even on your facebook. I bet if you had sent me a friend request, I would have said 'who be dis one again?' smiley It's unfortunate, how it has to take death for me to appreciate people more. embarassed embarassed Bawo you would always be loved by me. Although I see you now as my little bro rather than a potential oko wink wink smiley.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by phreakabit(m): 6:14pm On Dec 04, 2010
If you see a black man wearing singlets and sagged pants. What are the chances that he would be from Africa?

0.5/10 or less ( I had to modify, after due consideration.)
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by banom(m): 6:17pm On Dec 04, 2010
God forbid, this cant be Bawomolo we are talking about here.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tianshie(m): 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2010
I read his posts a couple of times, didn't know he was this young.

May you find the peace we all seek, Bawo.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 04, 2010
r.i.p
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ADM1(m): 6:35pm On Dec 04, 2010
phreakabit:

Stereotyping is bad in its totality! But can you tell me why African Americans enjoy taunting and attacking Africans? Is the reason likely to be, because we work, go to School and dress decently? I know, a lot of Native African Americans do the same. But you have to admit a majority of them, simply neglect those things i just mentioned. And then, tend vend their frustration out on Africans.

I don't know anybody who taunts Africans, but taunting anybody because of their color, accent, or whatever is wrong. And what makes you think only black males wear sagging pants? I don't kknow where you live, but I've seen white boys and Asain boys, along with blakc boys who do the same. It's disgusting all around. And no, it's not most, it's some. I have a job repairing and assembling computers. Are you going to say I'm x or y?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 04, 2010
Busy_body:

T, tried calling you to gently ease you in on the development but . . . it is appointed cry . . . take heart . . . here's something i stumbled upon whilst trying to wrap my head around it too cry Can't make out the name of the author of the blog cos it is a Jewish site . . . I would like to know why too cry cry cry http://inspirationalinformation..com/2010/04/why-do-good-people-die-young-part-1.html

. . . I could never measure the heavens. I don’t know how He made the enormous subterranean force that grinds tectonic plates into one another, raising mountains. I don’t know how those plates float on the liquid core. I don’t know how He made the lava boiling up from under the plates enable life to exist by creating a balance of oxygen and carbon in the atmosphere. And I don’t know why He brings earthquakes that cause massive destruction.

I don’t know how He gathered the seas, or how He keeps them from overflowing the land. I don’t know how He powers tidal flow that is essential for life. I don’t know how He made ice the only substance that expands when it freezes, protecting water-bound life in the winter. And I don’t know why He make tidal waves that sweep away masses of life and beauty.

I don’t know how He makes the sun rises and sets every day. I don’t know how He changes the seasons, and how He gets the animals and plants to match the rhythm of seasonal pattern. I don’t know how He makes the wind blow or the rain fall. And I don’t know why He makes droughts or monsoons or hurricanes or tornadoes that wreck people’s lives.

I have never been to the depths of the sea or even visited all the continents. I didn’t know when I would be born and I don’t know how long I will live.

I couldn’t rotate the earth, much less spin the solar system around the sun, and certainly not swirl this Milky Way galaxy with its hundred-billion stars. (A million seconds is 12 days. A billion seconds is, 32 YEARS! To count the stars in our galaxy would take over 3000 years – almost since Matan Torah. And that is just one out of over 200 billion galaxies!) And I can’t coordinate the events of someone’s life.

I don’t know how my heart or liver or kidney work. I can’t scratch the surface of the complexity of DNA. And I don’t know why these systems stop functioning or cause suffering through cancer and break down.

I can’t hunt for a lion or supply food for the birds or cause deer to give birth. I don’t know why some birds sing beautifully and some birds have stunning plumage. I don’t understand why some animals care for their young and some young fend for themselves. I couldn’t decide which animals should eat their offspring, and which animals should feed on their parent’s bodies.

I didn’t make the horse fast or the snail slow. I didn’t make the tiger brave and the sloth timid. I couldn’t make a bird that flies or a fish that swims . . .

hmmm, o ga o  cry cry cry cry cry cry

Where is Cbase, Sauron, Sino, Mr McCrackles, Eldee, Ibime, Krayola, Ariblaze, Vescwhachumacallit and Doyin13, an eulogy would not go amiss here cry

I actually heard you and dayo calling, but didnt pick, thought you two were trying to reduce my sleeping time.
As the tears pours from my eyes, I still find this hard to believe cry cry cry
I never got to tell him how I appreciated him, always thought in 2weeks after finals, I'd bother him and return his messages. OMG, I hate this world! cry cry

I dont want to read the eulogy then I'd have to admit it.  cry cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by unveiler: 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2010
"The mentality that we have now -- we don't snitch, we don't tell -- we need to do away with this," Dolton Police Chief Bolden Jones said.

what does that mean ? did bawomolo speak to the police about something that has to do with the gangs in chicago or what ? this

@ A.D.M i'm not trying to generalize here but i think the african americans have some serious psychological issues they have to deal with , I see and hear lots of things daily on how an AA beat up an 8month baby to death , how an AA murdered his mom , how an AA killed his family and burnt down the house just to name a few this year .
However here are some videos on youtube watch them and tell me what you think

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx0-dN3giY0?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
A grown man attacking a teenage girl for jumping the line @ McDonald , i mean who does that ?

this other guy attacked 2 police officers who came to stop him from fighting some other guy , not that they came to arrest him  . would a mentally stable person do that ?

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6psoOJJpYW8?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

this one attacked a young white lady who just got back from her halloween shopping . the guy actually punched her right in the face.
[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb8y6xe-BdY?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

while this african american guy and his girlfriend walked into a peaceful pizzeria , spent less than 5minutes in there and for no reason whatsoever started a fight and got themselves long jail terms
[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMIuG3HvV0Y?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

i don't think this was what the civil right movement aimed to achieve , These days most african americans even make fun of MLK as being a coward  . This is outrageous i don't know what happened to the respect for life as well as family values in african american communities , ask yourself when was the last time a white man or an asian killed a Nigerian or an African or an immigrant or even an African american in the USA now ask yourself when was the last time an african american killed one of the above mentioned ? chances are they are doing so right now .

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply)

Fifteen Beheaded Bodies Dumped In Calabar / Police Parade Perpetrators Of Southern Kaduna Attacks & Killings, Arms Recovered / Man Strangles His Wife To Death In Badagry, Buries Her Beside A Well (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.