Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! (1886 Views)

Judge Finds Out His Children Aren't His After 51 Years Of Marriage (video) / Is This Normal,please Judge This Case / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by sunnymighty(m): 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2019
Good evening everyone, please pardon my grammatical errors, i also want to appeal to you to please take time to go over this write up and be honest to tell me where i have gone wrong.
I lost my mother in 2010, she left a landed property (on a corner piece) with a set back of a room and a parlour self contain and by the location of this property it falls under two CDA's, i will like to refer to the CDA on the major road where the property is facing as group A, while the adjoining street (just by the side) will serve as group B.
Early last year, a network provider came to install a mast (tower) on the said property, after necessary consultations and 'settlements' , group B which happened to be the the group i belong to initially, started agitating for their own settlement from the construction company working at the site, the supervisor called me, i put a call across to the CDA secretary (don't have the CDA chairman's number as at then) and advised that we write a letter to this organization and table the needs of the community before them so they could factor it in as part of their CSR, they refused. Now, to the crux of the matter.
(a) During construction laterite was excavated from the ground (10 tippers atleast) the same CDA i belong to came and packed everything without my knowledge and did not leave any for me to fill my compound.
(b) A reckless driver rammed into my fence, they claimed ignorance, i had to call a mason to mend it, this happened the second time again and after investigation, a woman (a landlady) who operates a beer parlour on the adjoining street owned up that it was one of her customers.
(c) We contracted a young man for aluminium work (window installation) we gave him 80% of the money then, he only came to install the window frame but left the job uncompleted, after investigation i got to know the young man happened to be an in law to one of the landlords on the adjoining street, i approached the CDA chairman, he promised to investigate, he denied knowing either the young man or his in laws who happened to be a landlord on this same street after his 'investigation'.
All these and so many other issues made me to review my membership of group B CDA and joined group A CDA. In August this year i approached the CDA chairman of group A which i newly belong that i need electricity, he gave me a go ahead, and in order to avoid trouble, i decided not to connect to the pole closer to my building which happened to be on the adjoining street which 'supposedly' belong to group B, but opted for a pole on the main road even though i spent much on wire just to avoid issues. I was away yesterday when my wife called me that group B CDA came to disconnect my light and went away with the wire. I have informed my new CDA chairman, who is away, but before his arrival i want my fellow nairalanders to please tell me where i have gone wrong. Your candid advice will also help in making the right decision. Thank you all for taking the time to read this.
moderators pleade help move to the front page.
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by donstan18: 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
Since the CDA and BCA are playing with you, kindly consult APC.

6 Likes

Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by Pavore9: 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2019
Disconnected and went away with the wire, are they "NEPA" officials? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by Samyj247: 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2019
cheesy
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by sunnymighty(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2019
Pavore9:
Went away with the wire, are they "NEPA" officials? undecided

a million dollar question sir lol!
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by Pavore9: 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2019
sunnymighty:

a million dollar question sir lol!

Get the electricity distribution company in charge of your area involved, get an official from the company involved in recovering your wires and reconnection.

1 Like

Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by sunnymighty(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2019
Pavore9:

Get the electricity distribution company in charge of your area involved, get an official from the company involved in recovering your wires and reconnection.

thanks i really appreciate.
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:32pm On Dec 27, 2019
and here i was thinking that people's only problem in life was money, food, housing and love.... kai!
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by Bola146(f): 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2019
Pavore9:
Disconnected and went away with the wire, are they "NEPA" officials? undecided

No, na tailor grin grin
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 28, 2019
sunnymighty:
Good evening everyone, please pardon my grammatical errors, i also want to appeal to you to please take time to go over this write up and be honest to tell me where i have gone wrong.
I lost my mother in 2010, she left a landed property (on a corner piece) with a set back of a room and a parlour self contain and by the location of this property it falls under two CDA's, i will like to refer to the CDA on the major road where the property is facing as group A, while the adjoining street (just by the side) will serve as group B.
Early last year, a network provider came to install a mast (tower) on the said property, after necessary consultations and 'settlements' , group B which happened to be the the group i belong to initially, started agitating for their own settlement from the construction company working at the site, the supervisor called me, i put a call across to the CDA secretary (don't have the CDA chairman's number as at then) and advised that we write a letter to this organization and table the needs of the community before them so they could factor it in as part of their CSR, they refused. Now, to the crux of the matter.
(a) During construction laterite was excavated from the ground (10 tippers atleast) the same CDA i belong to came and packed everything without my knowledge and did not leave any for me to fill my compound.
(b) A reckless driver rammed into my fence, they claimed ignorance, i had to call a mason to mend it, this happened the second time again and after investigation, a woman (a landlady) who operates a beer parlour on the adjoining street owned up that it was one of her customers.
(c) We contracted a young man for aluminium work (window installation) we gave him 80% of the money then, he only came to install the window frame but left the job uncompleted, after investigation i got to know the young man happened to be an in law to one of the landlords on the adjoining street, i approached the CDA chairman, he promised to investigate, he denied knowing either the young man or his in laws who happened to be a landlord on this same street after his 'investigation'.
All these and so many other issues made me to review my membership of group B CDA and joined group A CDA. In August this year i approached the CDA chairman of group A which i newly belong that i need electricity, he gave me a go ahead, and in order to avoid trouble, i decided not to connect to the pole closer to my building which happened to be on the adjoining street which 'supposedly' belong to group B, but opted for a pole on the main road even though i spent much on wire just to avoid issues. I was away yesterday when my wife called me that group B CDA came to disconnect my light and went away with the wire. I have informed my new CDA chairman, who is away, but before his arrival i want my fellow nairalanders to please tell me where i have gone wrong. Your candid advice will also help in making the right decision. Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Me-en. This should be a final year question for Business Law.

Oh. You want advice. Go consult a lawyer (preferably a team of SANs to resolve this complex issue).
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by crackhaus: 8:14am On Dec 28, 2019
First of all, you created issues for yourself by not sorting out which CDA you should belong to from the start.
You also seem like a soft person, I mean how can CDA members enter your property to lift the laterite that was excavated from your land? And the only problem you had is that they left nothing for you.

Well done, gentleman.

Personally, I do not and will never see the purpose of CDAs because it is mostly an avenue for touts who call themselves indigenes to take power into their own hands and be gods to themselves. Some states have completely outlawed the activities of CDAs, others have made sure they get registered with the State Government's Lands & Survey department.

In your case, since it's obvious their activities are still permitted, then you should contact the government to intervene. The first thing they will probably want to understand is why that property should fall under two different CDAs in the first place - this is really the most important issue and it should be sorted out once and for all, then the issue of what gives non PHCN officials the right to remove electrical wires will also be dealt with.
My assumption is that your connection to the main road was also approved by the local distribution company in charge of that area.

I suggest you ask a moderator to move this to the properties section so you can get more relevant contributions.

6 Likes

Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:41am On Dec 28, 2019
You appear soft and weak though but irrespective...

1. If your connection was done legally with approval from the Electricity DISCO in your area, then you should approach them to lay formal report. Also go to the nearest police station to file complaint

2. You have to man up for ONCE! Your CDA is not a court or a constitutional authority. It is only an association and is voluntary. Know your right.

3. Which state/LGA is the property located?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by sunnymighty(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
You appear soft and weak though but irrespective...

1. If your connection was done legally with approval from the Electricity DISCO in your area, then you should approach them to lay formal report. Also go to the nearest police station to file complaint

2. You have to man up for ONCE! Your CDA is not a court or a constitutional authority. It is only an association and is voluntary. Know your right.

3. Which state/LGA is the property located?

Thank U all for your contributions, I really do appreciate, the property is located under Ifo local government area (Ijoko precisely).The fact that I chose the battle to be fought for peace to reign does not make me a weak person,never the less I appreciate your concern.
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by sunnymighty(m): 9:33am On Dec 28, 2019
crackhaus:
First of all, you created issues for yourself by not sorting out which CDA you should belong to from the start.
You also seem like a soft person, I mean how can CDA members enter your property to lift the laterite that was excavated from your land? And the only problem you had is that they left nothing for you.

Well done, gentleman.

Personally, I do not and will never see the purpose of CDAs because it is mostly an avenue for touts who call themselves indigenes to take power into their own hands and be gods to themselves. Some states have completely outlawed the activities of CDAs, others have made sure they get registered with the State Government's Lands & Survey department.

In your case, since it's obvious their activities are still permitted, then you should contact the government to intervene. The first thing they will probably want to understand is why that property should fall under two different CDAs in the first place - this is really the most important issue and it should be sorted out once and for all, then the issue of what gives non PHCN officials the right to remove electrical wires will also be dealt with.
My assumption is that your connection to the main road was also approved by the local distribution company in charge of that area.

I suggest you ask a moderator to move this to the properties section so you can get more relevant contributions.

I already done that, firstly I never knew the property falls under two CDA, the Secretary to group B CDA approached and convinced me to join them,it was after this that I realised that where the property in question is facing is under another CDA (group A) I later got to know that group B broke away from group A, albeit mutually. But personally I think both CDA need to set their boundaries.
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:38am On Dec 28, 2019
sunnymighty:

Thank U all for your contributions, I really do appreciate, the property is located under Ifo local government area (Ijoko precisely).The fact that I chose the battle to be fought for peace to reign does not make me a weak person,never the less I appreciate your concern.
Can you report to the police station? If they fail to act then call the Police PRO in the state.

As for peace? Guy weakness and humility no be the same! The path to peace requires you to do what is necessary not you lowering yourself to be bullied! Take action

3 Likes

Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by sunnymighty(m): 9:39am On Dec 28, 2019
crackhaus:

Well done, gentleman.

Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by crackhaus: 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
sunnymighty:

I already done that, firstly I never knew the property falls under two CDA, the Secretary to group B CDA approached and convinced me to join them,it was after this that I realised that where the property in question is facing is under another CDA (group A) I later got to know that group B broke away from group A, albeit mutually. But personally I think both CDA need to set their boundaries.
You should not be bearing the consequences of their internal politicking, it is absolutely not your business.
From that information above, it's clear group A should be the ones with jurisdiction over the property.

Involve the government body and let them sort it out.
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by crackhaus: 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
sunnymighty:

Although I did not call you weak, I do apologize for calling you soft...but still, that's exactly the impression you have given these people who can disconnect your wires and take it away, or take laterite excavated out of your site, all without your knowledge.

When it comes to property development, there is no such thing as choosing a battle for peace to reign...
Once the thugs/touts start bringing trouble to you, you face them squarely and match it - these people like to bully to get their way but only if you allow it, and you have permitted it thus far.

Hopefully from this moment on, you will stop running from trouble before someone decides to come up with a story of how the original person who sold the land to your mother was not the real owner and what you have are fraudulent deeds.

3 Likes

Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by frozen70(f): 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
sunnymighty:

Get the elderly one's in the two groups to settle your matter with them

Before then decide on which dude you want to belong and whichever you chose, you can't go back to the former
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by sunnymighty(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2019
frozen70:

Get the elderly one's in the two groups to settle your matter with them

Before then decide on which dude you want to belong and whichever you chose, you can't go back to the former

Thanks.
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by caz01: 10:54am On Dec 29, 2019
I think you're yet to officially withdraw your membership of group B, make it clear to the group B CDA in a letter that you no longer belong to their group and that your property is on group A jurisdiction.

I think they disconnected your light because they feel you crossed over to another CDA to connect the light to their own CDA. Make it known to them you want nothing more with them. Electricity companies in areas not so developed works with the advise of the CDA because most CDA provide the basic electrical installation themselves like poles, transformers, and cables, so sort yourself out with the CDA and you will be reconnected.

Don't show any sign of weakness, the CDA belongs to all of you as landlords, so no one is superior to you not even the chairman, because you're also a landlord. Be bold and make your demands just like anyone of them.

For the laterite they took without your permission, state in clearly on your letter that they might be asked to pay for it in due time, that will get them off your back fast.
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by sunnymighty(m): 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2019
caz01:
I think you're yet to officially withdraw your membership of group B, make it clear to the group B CDA in a letter that you no longer belong to their group and that your property is on group A jurisdiction.

I think they disconnected your light because they feel you crossed over to another CDA to connect the light to their own CDA. Make it known to them you want nothing more with them. Electricity companies in areas not so developed works with the advise of the CDA because most CDA provide the basic electrical installation themselves like poles, transformers, and cables, so sort yourself out with the CDA and you will be reconnected.

Don't show any sign of weakness, the CDA belongs to all of you as landlords, so no one is superior to you not even the chairman, because you're also a landlord. Be bold and make your demands just like anyone of them.

For the laterite they took without your permission, state in clearly on your letter that they might be asked to pay for it in due time, that will get them off your back fast.

Thank you for your contribution, I never wrote any. Letter when I wanted to join,and ever since i stopped my wife from attending,nobody cared to find out why and I guess this was because they knew what they did, since I didn't join writing a letter,would it be wise to write a letter withdrawing my membership?
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by Goodgod213: 4:15pm On Dec 29, 2019
sunnymighty:

Thank you for your contribution, I never wrote any. Letter when I wanted to join,and ever since i stopped my wife from attending,nobody cared to find out why and I guess this was because they knew what they did, since I didn't join writing a letter,would it be wise to write a letter withdrawing my membership?

Report to the police station leave your wife out of it and follow the matter up. Give police their money and see the matter die.

You day do like woman wrapper man. I have a property in ikorodu and all this associations have met me and when they see young man like me with craze they quickly leave me. Show them fits of anger and unstable behavior. You are a pussieee mann
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by caz01: 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2019
sunnymighty:

Writing a letter is to make it known to all members of the CDA you're no longer a member and you're joining the right CDA where you have your property. I think disconnecting your light is as a result of miscommunication.

If after explaining your withdrawal and why you connected your light from another CDA and your light is still not fix and wire returned, Then you can get the police involve to resolve it. But I know you can handle the misunderstanding without the Police for now.
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by LadySarah: 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
Which kind thing be this?? undecided undecided
Re: Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by Triniti(m): 5:51am On Dec 30, 2019
This is a case of see finish, this guys had the mind to pack your sand and you are worried they didn’t leave any for you? You for carry police arrest the person that packed your sand, and have the idiot facing the magistrate the next day with a threat of being remanded in prison, nobody for dey mess with you like this again.

They are just intimidating you because you are too soft. If you had shown enough craze when your sand was packed or when your fence was hit, none would have the mind to disconnect your light, and go away with the wire.

Baba do werey for people sometimes, this is a crazy country, it’s just like a group of cultist suffocating a year one student. This people will keep intimidating you if you don’t get your acts right, you are a landlord for crying out loud, or is it because you inherited this property that’s making you this soft?

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Take About Whatsapp Read Receipts? / Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? / Postpartum Somebody?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.