Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency (41063 Views)

Why France Is Angry About The US And UK Giving Australia Nuclear Submarines / ECO: West Africa Renames CFA Franc But Keeps It Pegged To Euro / Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
The writer of this article is delusional and should not be listened to.

What's the meaning of this : "...Nigeria is essentially kept out of the currency because the country will not accept the conditionalities established by France."

I refused to highlight more because I'd have highlighted the entire article.

I pray the writer received sense
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by DexterousOne(m): 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:
Our main problem is perpetual stooge we have subjected ourselves to in the hands of the so-called Great Britain, the world's renown parasite. Since the beginning of the insurgency, France has played major roles in curbing their activities with less efforts from the british people. Some of their doctors ( Doctore without Borders) were abducted and even killed by boko haram. The last time I checked, their court slammed a huge sum which could deplete our foreign reserves overnight as penalty or damages in the case of P and ID. France would never have allowed this injustice to be done to any of their colonies

I think our leaders, both past and present are selfish. Immediately after independence, we have failed to adopt french as a second official language, sticking only to english. In Europe, hardly would you find a country who doesn't speak English, including france though they have always preferred speaking their language. I was in Germany some years back and there I met a guy at the airport. I asked him for a direction to where I was going as a taxi guy but he pretended as if he didn't understand English. Later he came to meet me and began speaking fluently...and that's the way an average german behaves. They may not like speaking english but the majority of them understand and speak well.

Being bi-lingual as a nation brings about even and speedy development. If you speak my languages, I'd deal with you in all eagerness and fairness...its normal but the reverse is the case with British. They are haters and unwilling to help especially in an area where they feel they can't see anything to eat. Our politicians loaded their banks with looted money from and they're busy doing business with it. Whenever our country makes any move to bring the money back home, they come up with stiff conditions which would end our country parting away almost half of the money.

I hope the French language learned in most private schools is sustained. We need to break this jinx of one language which is english. Hardly would you visit a francophone country and see learned people who do not understand English and that's where they have an edge overseas over us...in football clubs, in schools, fashion or show biz and wherever they find themselves...they always thrive and adapt easily.
Whereas, their anglophone counterparts would have to enrol in a french school to pick up. Amazingly, french and Spanish are very similar so anybody from a fanconphone country can easily understand Spanish when spoken. It brings about ease of doing business internationally without barriers.

The ECO issue wouldn't have been there in the first place, had our government adopted French a subject from day one in our public schools as a second official language for the sake of economic integration of our region . This is why I've always faulted the amalgamation of 1914, which we are not finding difficult to repeal even years after it's expiry. All the franco phone countries in west Africa put together, ate not up to the Nigerian population but are far better in development than we are as a nation. They are well-organised with less issues of insecurity and corruption. The amalgamation was put there by the British to keep enslaving us. I hope this is repealed someday.

This is the most ignorant post I have read this year

You really think having France as an ex colonial power is a good thing?

Go and ask what they are facing

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by YourNemesis: 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:
Our main problem is perpetual stooge we have subjected ourselves to in the hands of the so-called Great Britain, the world's renown parasite. Since the beginning of the insurgency, France has played major roles in curbing their activities with less efforts from the british people. Some of their doctors ( Doctore without Borders) were abducted and even killed by boko haram. The last time I checked, their court slammed a huge sum which could deplete our foreign reserves overnight as penalty or damages in the case of P and ID. France would never have allowed this injustice to be done to any of their colonies

I think our leaders, both past and present are selfish. Immediately after independence, we have failed to adopt french as a second official language, sticking only to english. In Europe, hardly would you find a country who doesn't speak English, including france though they have always preferred speaking their language. I was in Germany some years back and there I met a guy at the airport. I asked him for a direction to where I was going as a taxi guy but he pretended as if he didn't understand English. Later he came to meet me and began speaking fluently...and that's the way an average german behaves. They may not like speaking english but the majority of them understand and speak well.

Being bi-lingual as a nation brings about even and speedy development. If you speak my languages, I'd deal with you in all eagerness and fairness...its normal but the reverse is the case with British. They are haters and unwilling to help especially in an area where they feel they can't see anything to eat. Our politicians loaded their banks with looted money from and they're busy doing business with it. Whenever our country makes any move to bring the money back home, they come up with stiff conditions which would end our country parting away almost half of the money.

I hope the French language learned in most private schools is sustained. We need to break this jinx of one language which is english. Hardly would you visit a francophone country and see learned people who do not understand English and that's where they have an edge overseas over us...in football clubs, in schools, fashion or show biz and wherever they find themselves...they always thrive and adapt easily.
Whereas, their anglophone counterparts would have to enrol in a french school to pick up. Amazingly, french and Spanish are very similar so anybody from a fanconphone country can easily understand Spanish when spoken. It brings about ease of doing business internationally without barriers.

The ECO issue wouldn't have been there in the first place, had our government adopted French a subject from day one in our public schools as a second official language for the sake of economic integration of our region . This is why I've always faulted the amalgamation of 1914, which we are not finding difficult to repeal even years after it's expiry. All the franco phone countries in west Africa put together, ate not up to the Nigerian population but are far better in development than we are as a nation. They are well-organised with less issues of insecurity and corruption. The amalgamation was put there by the British to keep enslaving us. I hope this is repealed someday.

So much load of gibberish in one post.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by GMbuharii: 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
Whatever,as long as there ain't no arabic scratches....grin
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
kong200:

Why would an independent country adopt two foreign languages? That's suicidal
Canada did (English and French), some Arab countries like UAE did( they speak Arab and english whilst they still had their local dialect), America did( English and Spanish). If you go to public places in some states, which I've been several times, the writings are both in english and Spanish but english is the primary (main) official language.

There is nothing bad if our government too encourages French as a second official language, even if our primary official language is English and subjects are taught in English in our schools. English could be spoken widely but french should be encouraged like other francophone countries are doing. It's in our best interest.

4 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:

Were you paid by the French to write this jargon!! Absolutely pathetic take on the subject and nothing short of propaganda

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Imstrong2(m): 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
helinues:

We are far ahead of African speaking French though all African countries are still lagging behind
ok
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
Vortex369:
Nigeria can not adopt ECO as long as France mints and controls the Treasury.

If the Federal Government is Smart, they will allow us to collaborate with China and mint prototypical exacts of the ECO Currency and get into these Francophone slave colonies and exchange them with Euro and bring back Euro to build our country. We need to flood their system with excessive ECO until they get hyper-inflation and increase taxes to mop up excess liquidity while we enjoy.

This is what Iran and China does to countries who think they are smart. grin
sir why aren't you replying me now........what advice/help can you give to a struggling students who wants to .make money.....like what areas should I focus on.....pls
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
Vortex369:

If the Federal Government is Smart, they will allow us to collaborate with China and mint prototypical exacts of the ECO Currency and get into these Francophone slave colonies and exchange them with Euro and bring back Euro to build our country. We need to flood their system with excessive ECO until they get hyper-inflation and increase taxes to mop up excess liquidity while we enjoy.

I've been your most stubborn follower,searching for you and know you don't want to answer my questions

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by wristbangle: 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
One thing I have learnt over the years is that the Europeans, colonial masters, Americans and other overseas countries doesn't have good intentions towards African countries.

They know the problem of black man is money and will brainwash him to accept it while they encroach our lands, steal natural resources, renew and sell the same to black man at ridiculously higher price.

10 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by alexola20(m): 2:51pm On Dec 28, 2019

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by aimuan(m): 2:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
profilemessages:
like the guy above rightly said, they are in it for their pockets. all the gold that was mined from south Africa where is it? all the elephant tusk or ivory from cote d ivoire where are they? all the rubber, cocoa, groundnut, oilpalm and so on from old 1970s Nigeria where are they? I heard burnaboy singing about how the royal Niger company now know as Unilever sold Africa. they are all the same both France and Britain, likes of likes, no difference, Benin museum was plundered, they stole the artifacts there, Egyptian mummies were stolen and kept inside the British museum, so nothing concerns them save their own interest, not even apartheid or restructuring or anything, despite being heavily criticized, the British still maintain and have a say in south Africa's governance up till now. they don't like us but anytime we have problems, we run to them. I give kudos to Robert Mugabe, he gave them a run for their money, don't forget after Muammar Gaddafi has died and toppled, up till now their is no peace in Libya, now we have insurgency also in Nigeria.

I watched an episode in the TV series strike back where Conrad Knox was talking about how the British bought the whole Africa. Like the Ghanaians usually say that we are just plenty in Nigeria, plenty for nothing and they are right.

Britain is not even as big as Nigeria, in terms of population or land mass or resources, human or natural, and evrybidy is speaking English, they are ruling the world.

if you want to enslave a man, don't bind him with chains and flog him with leather whip, BRAINWASH HIM!!!

who is ruling the world?Britain? I disagree with you on that.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by MrPresident1: 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
There are reports that it is France that pulled the trigger that killed Gaddaffi

Now they are moving in for the kill, Nigeria must be brought to its knees, Eco is linked with Euro, Nigeria must join it.

We must accept poverty by force!
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by hammerU: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
AFRICA BELONGS TO FRANCE.

SOUTH AMERICA BELONGS TO SPANISH.

USA BELONGS TO BRITAIN.

WE ALL ACCEPT FRANCE, AT LEAST THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE ISLAMIST THAT WANT TO KILL US ALL.

NOTHING CAN MAKE ME TURN AGAINST FRANCE.

THEY ARE ALWAYS THEIR WEN WE NEED THEM THE MOST.

VIVE LA FRANCE.

2 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Amujale(m): 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
That is the worst move those countries have made in the illustrous history of commerce.

Those countries have made one of the greatest mistakes i've ever seen, wavering the responsibility of their legal tender.

Whatever their model, their can only be a short term advantage, even that isnt assured; the prospects of long term advantages are bleak.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Bluffly: 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:

No sense at all. Why must we adopt France and why can't we free ourselves from GB? Commin make yourself better and stop thinking like a slave. Why not think about how we can be better as a black nation we are without them at least we have our independence. Must we lick there asses. Fine let them keep their ECO as we will maintain our Naira.
Think on us been better internally. The British did theirs why not stand up and let's do ours. Doing ours should be our mantra either by regionalising our government or splitting to three nations or as it may be or cancel state of origin and reduce the grim of religion.

10 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Iamgrey5(m): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:
Canada did (English and French), some Arab countries like UAE did( they speak Arab and english whilst they still had their local dialect), America did( English and Spanish). If you go to public places in some states, which I've been several times, the writings are both in english and Spanish but english is the primary (main) official language.

There is nothing bad if our government too encourages French as a second official language, even if our primary official language is English and subjects are taught in English in our schools. English could be spoken widely but french should be encouraged like other francophone countries are doing. It's in our best interest.
I think you are ignorant of many facts bruv

Canada was both colonised by the British and french.

America was colonised by British and Spanish interest ( i.e. cities like San Francisco, Los Angeles, Los Vegas) were initially Spanish territory.

There are many countries that don't even use either of the languages as means of communication or instruction and are extremely successful. I.e. Japan, China etc

13 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by InvertedHammer: 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:

/
The main problem is that you can get the best brain in Africa, teach him Economics up to Ph.D level and as far as they hand him over a blueprint within which framework to operate, he will seem a genius. But take him outside the confine of the blueprint and challenge his critical thinking abilities, it becomes obvious that he is a tabula rasa. Our professors are professional beggars looking for educational grants from developed nations to use in buying latest cars in town. How do you expect any breakthrough from such nonentities?
\

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by ajl: 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:

Look at this fellow. What planet are you from? An African clamouring for a second foreign language. Do you people want to remain slaves all your life without a mind and identity of your own. Which french countries are better developed. I rather suffer in freedom that remain a slave. Please we do not want folks like you among us.

17 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by tstx(m): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
Amujale:
That is the worst move those countries have made in the illustrous history of commerce.

Those countries have made one of the greatest mistakes i've ever seen, wavering the responsibility of their legal tender.

Whatever their model, their can only be a short term advantage, even that isnt assured; the prospects of long term advantages are bleak.

Do not blame Alassane Ouattara.. A slave has no option but to dance whenever his master plays the piper. If you were their president you would have done the same thing..

If he hadn't agreed the French would've looked for a way to kill him him and install a new stooge... That's how it has always been.

So long as money and power remains a thing, the entire black race will forever be slaves.

3 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by tiredoflife(m): 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
Vortex369:

To u now
U have said something smart shocked

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by FutureFocus: 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2019
This is re-colonialism .

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by anonymous1759(m): 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
dre11:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-france-kidnapped-west-africas-eco-currency.html

I don't have much to say but if you've sense this little picture below will enlighten you.

I'm tired of African leaders very useless set of people. Russians and Chinese are busy limiting the influence on the west on them we're here romancing them.

If Africa wants to grow we must follow the footsteps of Russia and China.

The west are devil in human skin while African leaders dead and alive except Gaddafi and Mugabe are the Dumbest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by ajl: 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2019
One of the reasons why I do not support the breakup of Nigeria for now is because the outcome economically and politically for each new country does not look good. France will easily pounce on them because these new countries will not have the economic might to stand up to France just as Nigeria is currently doing. They will be railroaded into joining Francophone countries. The subtle war against black Africa is real. We are not free yet. That's why Nigeria need unity now. But these crazy and suicidal politicians are making that difficult.

6 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by gregyboy(m): 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2019
musicwriter:
Yet, most of you yell "conspiracy theory" when told that white people are not done enslaving Africa.

Shouldn't the national will of the Francophone African countries be how to liberate themselves from the grip of France on their CFA? How is that people who said they're educated can easily switch from one slave system to the other?

This's why I've lost respect for anybody on the African continent because I see nobody to respect. There's nobody living and thinking on the African continent at this time.

Can't the ECO be pegged on gold price or the Chinese Yen or even the South African Rand? Why always Europe, the same people known to enslave and exploit us? Europeans would never want development in Africa. The only thing they can do and they've always done is exploit, exploit exploit.

When will people wake up on this continent?

We will continue to be enslaved until we do one thing. If we ever want to be completely free from white people, we must go back to our native language, use it to acquire knowledge, and believe in our God. This's the only way to DISCONNECT ourselves from white people and stop creating perpetual slaves out of ourselves.

Isn't this enough reason for we Africans to come to our senses?

Is that enslaving.....they are even helping this french speaking countries stand since dey can stand on thier own so i dont see any enslaving there.....

The ones our leaders are doing is what....
Would call it freedom
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Sheriman(m): 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2019
If they finally agreed to this deal, they are now a captives of Neocolonialism staged by the French Government to used Economy Political social and military strength to have influence on African countries, formally their colonies.
This is what Patrice Lumubu and Thomas Sankara relentlessly fought for when they were Alive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Multiplier7(m): 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
Vortex369:

grin grin grin

You na bad girl I swear
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Chanchit: 3:22pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:

Damn! How can someone write this much about what he knows nothing about. Had it been you know what you are talking, you will go and delete this trash. So you will rather the French control our economy like they do other countries? Didn't you read where they said 50% of those country foreign reserve is permanently in France? You didn't read where they said those countries can't do any foreign deal without France sanctioning it? You didn't read where they said Nigeria is the stumbling block against French total take over of West Africa? How can an European country take pride in calling itself power block of West Africa? Be careful what you wish for.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by ajl: 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
tstx:

Do not blame Alassane Ouattara.. A slave has no option but to dance whenever his master plays the piper. If you were their president you would have done the same thing..

If he hadn't agreed the French would've looked for a way to kill him him and install a new stooge... That's how it has always been.

So long as money and power remains a thing, the entire black race will forever be slaves.

France assassinating an African president now does not look likely because France is currently unpopular among most citizens of these countries. Imagine an uprising among the citizen against France or its stooges in these countries. Do you think France will put soldiers on the ground to fight that. For me, these francophone countries would rather remain as slaves rather than do things on their own. They do not have the confidence and willpower to face the challenges. It's a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Abfinest007(m): 3:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
Francophone countries have to keep 50 percent of the foreign reserves permanently with the French treasury and they cannot make international transactions without going through Paris. what nonsense Nigeria will nor agree
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by ajl: 3:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
gregyboy:

Is that enslaving.....they are even helping this french speaking countries stand since dey can stand on thier own so i dont see any enslaving there.....

The ones our leaders are doing is what....
Would call it freedom

Another slave mentality. Be a man! You are created with all you need to stand on your own. Why not do that?

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Abass1Toheeb: 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
Amujale:

what if France is d main cause of this havoc?? just think this way, where do d terrorists get their ammunitions, funding and feeding from? from d loots?? I dnt think so, cos it's not enough. the terrorist attacks are time specific and the places they pressurize seems political. if according 2 d believe that they have a motive to die 4 God, then they should b heading 4 China nw. bt No, Mayb it's nt yet time to crush China's economy by d masters behind the screen.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Countries With The Highest Engineering Graduates (Photos) / Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War / New Year Celebration Around The World (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.