Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,681 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency (41069 Views)

Why France Is Angry About The US And UK Giving Australia Nuclear Submarines / ECO: West Africa Renames CFA Franc But Keeps It Pegged To Euro / Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 06, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Rubbish!

Nigeria doesn't need to be re-colonized again by France by having French as its second official Language.
I got your point. Wait a minute..have you travelled out of the country before? Are you an international businessman, just like me? Have you obtained an employment outside an english speaking territory before? If all your answers are no, then you wouldn't understand my epistle you called rubbish. Do you need to be re-colonised to speak or adopt a second language for ease of communications and business dealings among nations? All over europe, English is spoken and adopted as a second language....did great Britain also coloniae them in europe before adopting the language? 98% of French citizens and francophone countries speak English. They included it in their curriculum from day one but were colonised by france. They harp on french as their official language but speak English outside when need be. Go to any french speaking African country and speak english to them if they'd not shock you. Our leaders caused us setbacks in so many areas and it was deliberate...they want to remain stooges to GB, the most conservative people in the world.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 06, 2020
Jyde89:

at the moment Nigeria is the only opposition they have in west Africa, and you want us to position our self so the French could mount us, you must come from a long line of repressed people.
Nigeria can decide whether or not to adopt ECO and that's not my point, per se.
I'm an international businessman. I know what I used to face out there and I've also worked in francophone countries before. All their leaned nationals speak english fluently. They weren't colonised by Britain but their leaders had seen ahead and asked their people to study English as a second language but harped only on french as an official language.

All over Europe, when it comes to dealings amongst the EU, they speak english as a common language for the purpose of economic integration in the region whilst each member country still speaks their own language at home. Someone replied me and said, we do not want a re-colonization by adopting french as a second language and the question I asked him was...was any of the over 20 EU counties and most countries in the west also colonised by British? This reasoning is the major cause of our setbacks in our country. Oyinbos aren't just smart, they see ahead and tackle future challenges which was what francophone are doing too. Rwanda is fast developing economically. In fact, Nigerians are migrating there massively already .

That's another smart country where English was adopted and spoken in offices as a second language. If you were posted to cotonou by your employer now, in case they have a base there. You'd have a problem with communication whereas, a benenois would speak your english language fluently in addition to his french language....or were they also colonised by UK to adopt English? It's called being proactive. Language barriers had caused Nigeria, the African giants others are supposed to be emulating a great setback in many areas
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Jyde89: 9:42am On Jan 06, 2020
fairfora:
Nigeria can decide whether or not to adopt ECO and that's not my point, per se.
I'm an international businessman. I know what I used to face out there and I've also worked in francophone countries before. All their leaned nationals speak english fluently. They weren't colonised by Britain but their leaders had seen ahead and asked their people to study English as a second language but harped only on french as an official language.

All over Europe, when it comes to dealings amongst the EU, they speak english as a common language for the purpose of economic integration in the region whilst each member country still speaks their own language at home. Someone replied me and said, we do not want a re-colonization by adopting french as a second language and the question I asked him was...was any of the over 20 EU counties and most countries in the west also colonised by British? This reasoning is the major cause of our setbacks in our country. Oyinbos aren't just smart, they see ahead and tackle future challenges which was what francophone are doing too. Rwanda is fast developing economically. In fact, Nigerians are migrating there massively already .

That's another smart country where English was adopted and spoken in offices as a second language. If you were posted to cotonou by your employer now, in case they have a base there. You'd have a problem with communication whereas, a benenois would speak your english language fluently in addition to his french language....or were they also colonised by UK to adopt English? It's called being proactive. Language barriers had caused Nigeria, the African giants others are supposed to be emulating a great setback in many areas

but we do study it in our universities, correct me if I'm wrong. and mind you, I've travelled to Benin; not all of them speak English in fact what helped me was my knowledge of Yoruba.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 06, 2020
Jyde89:

but we do study it in our universities, correct me if I'm wrong. and mind you, I've travelled to Benin; not all of them speak English in fact what helped me was my knowledge of Yoruba.
Yes, not everyone in Benin speaks in english but those who passed through school or average benenois do. I do communicate in yoruba whilst in cotonou as well especially to the illiterate ones amongst them, whose French isn't also polished. We also have such amongst us who cannot speak jn english but only in yoruba. Such are also found in every tribe in Nigeria. In benin health ministry, most if them speak english and yoruba.

University French isn't for all but for linguists only. It would have helped a great deal, had our university system included it on the list of GNS. Fairly and personally speaking with my experience, learning to speak French has cost me a lot after school but it has paid off. It would have been easier if studied from the elementary level.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New Year Celebration Around The World (Photos) / Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War / British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.