Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency (41064 Views)

Why France Is Angry About The US And UK Giving Australia Nuclear Submarines / ECO: West Africa Renames CFA Franc But Keeps It Pegged To Euro / Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by ajl: 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
hammerU:
AFRICA BELONGS TO FRANCE.

SOUTH AMERICA BELONGS TO SPANISH.

USA BELONGS TO BRITAIN.

WE ALL ACCEPT FRANCE, AT LEAST THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE ISLAMIST THAT WANT TO KILL US ALL.

NOTHING CAN MAKE ME TURN AGAINST FRANCE.

THEY ARE ALWAYS THEIR WEN WE NEED THEM THE MOST.

VIVE LA FRANCE.

Your Father! Better pack your bags and head to Paris because we are coming for you. You are an enemy from now on.

2 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Sprumbaba: 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
profilemessages:
like the guy above rightly said, they are in it for their pockets. all the gold that was mined from south Africa where is it? all the elephant tusk or ivory from cote d ivoire where are they? all the rubber, cocoa, groundnut, oilpalm and so on from old 1970s Nigeria where are they? I heard burnaboy singing about how the royal Niger company now know as Unilever sold Africa. they are all the same both France and Britain, likes of likes, no difference, Benin museum was plundered, they stole the artifacts there, Egyptian mummies were stolen and kept inside the British museum, so nothing concerns them save their own interest, not even apartheid or restructuring or anything, despite being heavily criticized, the British still maintain and have a say in south Africa's governance up till now. they don't like us but anytime we have problems, we run to them. I give kudos to Robert Mugabe, he gave them a run for their money, don't forget after Muammar Gaddafi has died and toppled, up till now their is no peace in Libya, now we have insurgency also in Nigeria.

I watched an episode in the TV series strike back where Conrad Knox was talking about how the British bought the whole Africa. Like the Ghanaians usually say that we are just plenty in Nigeria, plenty for nothing and they are right.

Britain is not even as big as Nigeria, in terms of population or land mass or resources, human or natural, and evrybidy is speaking English, they are ruling the world.

if you want to enslave a man, don't bind him with chains and flog him with leather whip, BRAINWASH HIM!!!

Brainwash. That reminds me of CNN
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by ajl: 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
Abass1Toheeb:

what if France is d main cause of this havoc?? just think this way, where do d terrorists get their ammunitions, funding and feeding from? from d loots?? I dnt think so, cos it's not enough. the terrorist attacks are time specific and the places they pressurize seems political. if according 2 d believe that they have a motive to die 4 God, then they should b heading 4 China nw. bt No, Mayb it's nt yet time to crush China's economy by d masters behind the screen.

France is actually funding Boko Haram as a way to breakup Nigeria. And the "foreign" Fulani herdmen that enter through our borders with sophisticated weapons to kill farmers in the middlebelt and south, ask yourself who is arming them. France is behind all these. France need Africa to survive and would go to any length to retain control and breakup opposition from Nigeria.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by engrchykae(m): 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
helinues:
The Africa speaking French countries are still living in colonial era
is our Nigeria not a pariah state of the UK and USA?
The Asante man have always stood up to the British.
That is why they all dread biafra.
All Nigeria leaders have been serving British and American economic interests since 1914.
Especially the northern hausas fulani low budget colonialists from futa jallon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by 360command: 3:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:
Our main problem is perpetual stooge we have subjected ourselves to in the hands of the so-called Great Britain, the world's renown parasite. Since the beginning of the insurgency, France has played major roles in curbing their activities with less efforts from the british people. Some of french doctors ( Doctors without Borders) were abducted and even killed by boko haram. The last time I checked, a British court slammed a huge sum which could deplete our foreign reserves overnight as penalty or damages in the case of P and ID. France would never have allowed this injustice to be done to any of their colonies

I think our leaders, both past and present are selfish. Immediately after independence, we have failed to adopt french as a second official language, sticking only to english. In Europe, hardly would you find a country who doesn't speak English, including france though they have always preferred speaking their language. I was in Germany some years back and there I met a guy at the airport. I asked him for a direction to where I was going as a taxi guy but he pretended as if he didn't understand English. Later he came to meet me and began speaking fluently...and that's the way an average german behaves. They may not like speaking english but the majority of them understand and speak well.

Being bi-lingual as a nation brings about even and speedy development. If you speak my languages, I'd deal with you in all eagerness and fairness...its normal but the reverse is the case with British. They are haters and unwilling to help especially in an area where they feel they can't see anything to eat. Our politicians loaded their banks with looted money from and they're busy doing business with it. Whenever our country makes any move to bring the money back home, they come up with stiff conditions which would end our country parting away almost half of the money.

I hope the French language learned in most private schools is sustained. We need to break this jinx of one language which is english. Hardly would you visit a francophone country and see learned people who do not understand English and that's where they have an edge overseas over us...in football clubs, in schools, fashion or show biz and wherever they find themselves...they always thrive and adapt easily.
Whereas, their anglophone counterparts would have to enrol in a french school to pick up. Amazingly, french and Spanish are very similar so anybody from a fanconphone country can easily understand Spanish when spoken. It brings about ease of doing business internationally without barriers.

The ECO issue wouldn't have been there in the first place, had our government adopted French a subject from day one in our public schools as a second official language for the sake of economic integration of our region . This is why I've always faulted the amalgamation of 1914, which we are not finding difficult to repeal even years after it's expiry. All the franco phone countries in west Africa put together, ate not up to the Nigerian population but are far better in development than we are as a nation. They are well-organised with less issues of insecurity and corruption. The amalgamation was put there by the British to keep enslaving us. I hope this is repealed someday.
nonsense. Go and adopt your native language and stop this French, English language. Which nation have you seen that is developed using his or her own language..
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by romenna: 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
As the giant of Africa, Nigeria should have suggested NAIRA as the name of ecowas currency. By so doing, no European country can hijack it.
To hell with ECO
Our west African brothers cannot hold us down with their slave mentality.

5 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by gregyboy(m): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
ajl:

Another slave mentality. Be a man! You are created with all you need to stand on your own. Why not do that?

You're the one mentally slaved because you're not talking about the slavering our black leaders are putting their own black people
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by ajl: 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
engrchykae:
is our Nigeria not a pariah state of the UK and USA?
The Asante man have always stood up to the British.
That is why they all dread biafra.
All Nigeria leaders have been serving British and American economic interests since 1914.
Especially the northern hausas fulani low budget colonialists from futa jallon

C"mon! Which Biafra? Who did France support during the Biafra war? Was it not Biafra. There were french mercenaries on ground to train Biafra soldiers. And you think they did that for free. You all lack power of foresight. Well, get your Biafra and be the 15th French colony in west Africa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by madridsta007(m): 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
dre11:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-france-kidnapped-west-africas-eco-currency.html

France is part of the foriegn interests fueling and sustaining Boko Haram in Nigeria's Northern region. They have pursued an aggressive anti-Nigeria colonialist stand since Nigeria was invited and succeded in dislodging terrorists from West African Mali under the previous GEJ government. It was rumoured that it shocked France to the marrows as they were expecting Mali to ask France to provide military support.

Unfortunately, Nigeria is saddled with a regime that does not understand geopolitics and is more focused on dividing its citizens across tribes. Else, dealing with France's influence in West Africa is easy as Nigeria. Just correctly demonise the French as white colonialists and remind West Africans of what they did to Sankara, etc. There is no reason why, like in East and Southern Africa, Nollywood films aren't filling the TV screens in our Francophone neighbours. This is what is called "soft power" in international relations studies. Win the battle of the heart and mind and others will follow.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Amujale(m): 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
tstx:

Do not blame Alassane Ouattara.. A slave has no option but to dance whenever his master plays the piper. If you were their president you would have done the same thing..

If he hadn't agreed the French would've looked for a way to kill him him and install a new stooge...

That is why we need to unite our countries and fight to defend our peaceful way of life.

It doesnt make any sense for a European country to be medling in the affairs of African.

The Eurocentrics have turned history upside down.

Throughout all of pre-Arabian malicious intervention on the continent, African is always Sovereign.

Yet, the current crop of Eurocentric and Arabian fundamentalist leaders are slowly and gradually defying all the universal laws.

These type of defication could come with grave punishment from all the corners of the universe if and only if us continentals can despell the artificial hold that have Arabanised and Europeanised are way of thinking.

Africa is in Africa.

Asia is in Asia.

Europe is in Europe.

Europe in Africa will always lead to failure and chaos.

Asia in Africa will always eventually lead to failure and chaos.

Africa in Africa will always eventually lead to unlimited success and relative peace.

Therefore, we have to accept that the only way for Europe not to make it a constant habit of poking their noses into African affairs is to create a strong homeland front that will stand up to any unecessary foreign aggression or bullying that takes place on OUR continent and going forward should act to deter these type of activities.

Africans are Sovereign.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by ajl: 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
gregyboy:

You're the one mentally slaved because you're not talking about the slavering our black leaders are putting their own black people

I will rather deal with that. So you love being enslaved by a white man than one of your kind. It's your types that would choose to buy from a white-owned business even if there are better products offered by an African. Colonized mind. Your masters are waiting for you in Paris and London.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by thundafire: 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
Yes a good write up to an extent but France always support der colonies each time der is an issue but dey British have not done so for me France have tried der best to have a good rapport with der colonies and u can t just go and mess with dem
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Patrioticman007(m): 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2019
Abass1Toheeb:

what if France is d main cause of this havoc?? just think this way, where do d terrorists get their ammunitions, funding and feeding from? from d loots?? I dnt think so, cos it's not enough. the terrorist attacks are time specific and the places they pressurize seems political. if according 2 d believe that they have a motive to die 4 God, then they should b heading 4 China nw. bt No, Mayb it's nt yet time to crush China's economy by d masters behind the screen.
Our Mumu Never Do ?.
It Marvel's me how Blackman thinks !!!. These whites enslaved our ancestors, during the transatlantic slave trade like, there won't be tommoro, yet our people practice Christianity their religion.
These white people colonized us with a weapons, yet our people loot our common wealth and happily hide it in their banks.
We Africans are like Chickens to their poultry farmers, they feed & keep us as a source of food to their economy, either Christian or Muslim, it doesn't matter. What matters is just their permanent interest.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by southpole: 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:
Our main problem is perpetual stooge we have subjected ourselves to in the hands of the so-called Great Britain, the world's renown parasite. Since the beginning of the insurgency, France has played major roles in curbing their activities with less efforts from the british people. Some of french doctors ( Doctors without Borders) were abducted and even killed by boko haram. The last time I checked, a British court slammed a huge sum which could deplete our foreign reserves overnight as penalty or damages in the case of P and ID. France would never have allowed this injustice to be done to any of their colonies

I think our leaders, both past and present are selfish. Immediately after independence, we have failed to adopt french as a second official language, sticking only to english. In Europe, hardly would you find a country who doesn't speak English, including france though they have always preferred speaking their language. I was in Germany some years back and there I met a guy at the airport. I asked him for a direction to where I was going as a taxi guy but he pretended as if he didn't understand English. Later he came to meet me and began speaking fluently...and that's the way an average german behaves. They may not like speaking english but the majority of them understand and speak well.

Being bi-lingual as a nation brings about even and speedy development. If you speak my languages, I'd deal with you in all eagerness and fairness...its normal but the reverse is the case with British. They are haters and unwilling to help especially in an area where they feel they can't see anything to eat. Our politicians loaded their banks with looted money from and they're busy doing business with it. Whenever our country makes any move to bring the money back home, they come up with stiff conditions which would end our country parting away almost half of the money.

I hope the French language learned in most private schools is sustained. We need to break this jinx of one language which is english. Hardly would you visit a francophone country and see learned people who do not understand English and that's where they have an edge overseas over us...in football clubs, in schools, fashion or show biz and wherever they find themselves...they always thrive and adapt easily.
Whereas, their anglophone counterparts would have to enrol in a french school to pick up. Amazingly, french and Spanish are very similar so anybody from a fanconphone country can easily understand Spanish when spoken. It brings about ease of doing business internationally without barriers.

The ECO issue wouldn't have been there in the first place, had our government adopted French a subject from day one in our public schools as a second official language for the sake of economic integration of our region . This is why I've always faulted the amalgamation of 1914, which we are not finding difficult to repeal even years after it's expiry. All the franco phone countries in west Africa put together, ate not up to the Nigerian population but are far better in development than we are as a nation. They are well-organised with less issues of insecurity and corruption. The amalgamation was put there by the British to keep enslaving us. I hope this is repealed someday.
I don't agree with your assertion that west Africa francophone countries are better than Nigeria in terms of development. I totally disagree . You may need to define development so that we can understand what you mean

3 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by tstx(m): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
Amujale:

That is why we need to unite our countries and fight to defend our peaceful way of life.

It doesnt make any sense for a European country to be medling in the affairs of African.

The Eurocentrics have turned history upside down.

Throughout all of pre-Arabian malicious intervention on the continent, African is always Sovereign.

Yet, the current crop of Eurocentric and Arabian fundamentalist leaders are slowly and gradually defying all the universal laws.

These type of defication could come with grave punishment from all the corners of the universe if and only if us continentals can despell the artificial hold that have Arabanised and Europeanised are way of thinking.

Africa is in Africa.

Asia is in Asia.

Europe is in Europe.

Europe in Africa will always lead to failure and chaos.

Asia in Africa will always eventually lead to failure and chaos.

Africa in Africa will always eventually lead to unlimited success and relative peace.

Therefore, we have to accept that the only way for Europe not to make it a constant habit of poking their noses into African affairs is to create a strong homeland front that will stand up to any unecessary foreign aggression or bullying that takes place on OUR continent and going forward should act to deter these type of activities.

Africans are Sovereign.

If you want to enslave a man, don't bind him with chains and flog him with leather whip, BRAINWASH Him..
Teach him your language tell him it's so you guys can communicate easily, convince him that everything produced in his land is inferior, and then introduce your God to him.

Africa is gone already....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by ajl: 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
madridsta007:

France is part of the foriegn interest fueling and sustaining Boko Haram in Nigeria's Northern region. They have pursued an agressive anti-Nigeria colonialist stand since Nigeria was invited and succeded in dislodging terrorists from West African Mali under the previous government. It was rumoured that it shocked France to the marrows as they were expecting Mali to ask France to provide military support.

Unfortunately, Nigeria is saddled with a regime that does not understand geopolitics and is more focused on dividing its citizens across tribes. Else, dealing with France's influence in West Africa is easy as Nigeria. Just correctly demonise the French as white colonialists and remind West Africans of what they did to Sankara, etc. Win the battle of the heart and mind and others will follow.

Great point. We are often led by morons. A propaganda war across west africa by Nigeria is enough to make France pack their bags and leave for Paris. But I also sense that these Francophone countries leaders would willingly sell themselves to France rather than remain under the economic domination of another African country, Nigeria. The black man is weak minded. I suppose if the leaders in these Francophone countries are women, the story will be different.

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by DJperdurabo: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:

In essence you're suggesting we trade one "evil" according to you for "another" according to me.

Contact me for your personal and business cash needs!
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by gregyboy(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
ajl:

I will rather deal with that. So you love being enslaved by a white man than one of your kind. It's your types that would choose to buy from a white-owned business even if there are better products offered by an African. Colonized mind. Your masters are waiting for you in Paris and London.

I would rather go for the best product regardless of race....
Race ,tribe is nothing compare to humanity

So Because they are my race then i should accept thier slavery on us or keep quite you're simply a rascist, if your type gets to power u will be busying fighting the white instead of helping your people...
The french has even done better than the fellow black leaders they have had so far thump up to them

I hate rascist like you , humanity should rule
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:

Your write-up has colonial colouration. Most Germans learn, speak and understand English not because it was officially adopted by the German government, but because individual Germans choose to do so. In Nigeria, nobody stops you from learning a foreign language. In fact, some Nigerians can speak and understand at least one foreign language.

Back to the main topic of discussion. The French attempt to have the ECO pegged to the Euro is not right. By so doing, they will have an influence on the economies of the countries that adopt the ECO as their national currency. If Francophone-ECOWAS member states want to allow the French continued influence on their currency and by implication- their economies, we don’t want that for our own country. The potential exchange rate between the EURO and ECO should be allowed to float freely; or in a way to be determined by ECOWAS monetary authority.

No African country has tried to influence the European Union monetary affairs, France shouldn’t do same to ECOWAS. It’s insulting!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by DeLaRue: 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
Countries like the UK and France are middle-ranking world powers will little tangible influence anywhere other than in some sparsely populated island-countries in the Caribbean & Polynesia, and a few junkies countries in West Africa.

These countries now have very little influence in Nigeria. By share size of population & economy, Nigeria is a hefty country that a country like France can't push around.

The way people are still afraid of, or rather looking up to these 2 failing countries as if this is 1920 is ridiculous.

Outside of the US, and to a lesser extent China, there is no country in the world that can push Nigeria around. It's all about the economy now, not military. Nigeria can do serious economic harm to both the UK and France. That's where Nigeria's leverage is.

3 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by southpole: 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
profilemessages:
like the guy above rightly said, they are in it for their pockets. all the gold that was mined from south Africa where is it? all the elephant tusk or ivory from cote d ivoire where are they? all the rubber, cocoa, groundnut, oilpalm and so on from old 1970s Nigeria where are they? I heard burnaboy singing about how the royal Niger company now know as Unilever sold Africa. they are all the same both France and Britain, likes of likes, no difference, Benin museum was plundered, they stole the artifacts there, Egyptian mummies were stolen and kept inside the British museum, so nothing concerns them save their own interest, not even apartheid or restructuring or anything, despite being heavily criticized, the British still maintain and have a say in south Africa's governance up till now. they don't like us but anytime we have problems, we run to them. I give kudos to Robert Mugabe, he gave them a run for their money, don't forget after Muammar Gaddafi has died and toppled, up till now their is no peace in Libya, now we have insurgency also in Nigeria.

I watched an episode in the TV series strike back where Conrad Knox was talking about how the British bought the whole Africa. Like the Ghanaians usually say that we are just plenty in Nigeria, plenty for nothing and they are right.

Britain is not even as big as Nigeria, in terms of population or land mass or resources, human or natural, and evrybidy is speaking English, they are ruling the world.

if you want to enslave a man, don't bind him with chains and flog him with leather whip, BRAINWASH HIM!!!

It is high time we stop blaming the colonial masters and move on, Africa was not the only continent colonised others have moved on and developed their countries. America was also colonised by the same Britain but today America has developed more than its colonial master. I don't even want to talk about Israel whose population went on exile and millions of them were killed 10 millions allegedly killed by Hitler government alone yet not long ago the Israelis returned back home with independence in 1948 and made Israel a developed country. Africans need to stop this APC blame game and do the needful. We have been complaining for so long.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by wirinet(m): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
True talk

France is still practicing her rule by assimilation, their footballers, celebs are Africans but are not allowed to remember their root, they believe Nigeria is a threat to their west Africa domination... well I wasn’t surprised when French soldiers ID card was found in Boko haram camp

They disintegrated west African so much, only 5 countries writing waec, railways link all Europeans country together except Britain, USA, Canada, Mexico has trade agreement, you can’t do anything without your neighboring countries but here in Africa, reverse is the case, AU is just an acronym and nothing else, you know why they can’t mess with China, Chinese has the population, they have their own version of WhatsApp and Instagram, what they don’t want

We have the population too (400 million), a single rail line should link all west African countries together and see how fast we develop, all these are not brain science, Chinese did it, singerporian did it, even UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, we can do it too

I believe there’s no limit to what we can achieve if we are united

Africa unite, one country can’t do this alone

I’ll end this with bob Marley’s song

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds."
I wish I can like your post a million times. Africans are too blinded by greed, shortsightedness, impatience and religion to realize that our real enemies are outsiders and not our fellow neighbours. African countries were created by colonialists to always be in a state of perpetual conflicts. They usually lump countries with many independent and autonomous tribes together, not in one country but spread over many countries, and then give power in those countries to minority tribes
A conflict in one country by minority tribes has impact in other countries with that tribe as majority. This model was even adopted by African leaders in creating states.

This is one reason, I tell my Biafran and other separatist brothers that dismemberment of Nigeria would play into the French agenda. They would be the single most powerful force in West Africa. As dysfunctional as Nigeria is, we are still the main treat to French domination of West Africa.

It is obvious boko haram has strong external backings. There is no way that boko haram can hold the whole of West Africa to ransom (in an open desert), without powerful external help, given high definition satellite imagery, sophisticated drones and soldiers on the ground by France and the US.

2 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by HallaDaTruth: 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knrUcqTQRWs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_DddDpGYdk

NIGERIANS PLEASE WATCH THESE 2 VIDEOS AND UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by madridsta007(m): 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
ajl:

Great point. We are often led by morons. A propaganda war across west africa by Nigeria is enough to make France pack their bags and leave for Paris. But I also sense that these Francophone countries leaders would willingly sell themselves to France rather than remain under the economic domination of another African country, Nigeria. The black man is weak minded. I suppose if the leaders in these Francophone countries are women, the story will be different.

It depends on how you frame the propaganda. The black man everywhere, Nigeria inclusive, is likely to sell himself/herself to the white man because we are conditioned to believe that white is right; white is better; black is inferior. However, when you frame the narrative around France's destructive colonial and post-colonial invasions of Africa, about how France ensures that she dominates the black man, Francophone Africa will begin to think. Recently, Dr Arikana Chihombori-Quao the Permanent Representative of the African Union Mission to the United States was removed through the influence of France via their assets in the AU. I am not sure that Francophone Africans, the ordinary citizens, are aware that this brave woman was removed because she used her voice in demanding France stops its neocolonial order in Africa. Tell the Francophone citizens this and they will begin to see France in different lights.

France's current military intervention in Mali and Central African Republic are sustained on propaganda. Nigeria needs to own the narrative and not allow a foriegn invader do so.

Nigeria led by a serious President would have sorted out France's excesses easily as we have (1) the geographical advantage and (2) the advantage of being blacks too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by HallaDaTruth: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2019
ajl:

Your Father! Better pack your bags and head to Paris because we are coming for you. You are an enemy from now on.

THIS IS THE TRUTH
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by SEGLIZ: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2019
the francophone west africans has always being set back to the region from time so this is no surprise to me.
the best for us is a stand alone groom are economy to fancy so they can come begging as usual. their feeding bottle life is just out of the ordinary.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by HallaDaTruth: 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
IF ONLY NAIRALANDERS WILL WATCH THIS 2 VIDEOS AND OPEN THEIR EYES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Yankee101: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
There are certain things Nigerian leaders know that they can't say out aloud or in public.

There are still pockets of neo-colonial racism that wants to ensure we do not develop

We were not sold planes to fight Boko haram even when we had the money. Other countries were told not to sell to us. When we took cash to south africa we were sold out.

That's why some leaders just give up and steal money, bid their time and wait for the next person. When people said MKO would have sold the country if sworn in, this was what they meant. Now Tinubu is another story...
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by HallaDaTruth: 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
Yankee101:
There are certain things Nigerian leaders know that they can't say out aloud or in public.

There are still pockets of neo-colonial racism that wants to ensure we do not develop

We were not sold planes to fight Boko haram even when we had the money. Other countries were told not to sell to us. When we took cash to south africa we were sold out.

That's why some leaders just give up and steal money, bid their time and wait for the next person. When people said MKO would have sold the country is sworn in, this was what they meant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_DddDpGYdk my Brother please take time to watch these videos

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
wirinet:

I wish I can like your post a million times. Africans are too blinded by greed, shortsightedness, impatience and religion to realize that our real enemies are outsiders and not our fellow neighbours. African countries were created by colonialists to always be in a state of perpetual conflicts. They usually lump countries with many independent and autonomous tribes together, not in one country but spread over many countries, and then give power in those countries to minority tribes
A conflict in one country by minority tribes has impact in other countries with that tribe as majority. This model was even adopted by African leaders in creating states.

This is one reason, I tell my Biafran and other separatist brothers that dismemberment of Nigeria would play into the French agenda. They would be the single most powerful force in West Africa. As dysfunctional as Nigeria is, we are still the main treat to French domination of West Africa.

It is obvious boko haram has strong external backings. There is no way that boko haram can hold the whole of West Africa to ransom without powerful external help, given high definition satellite imagery, sophisticated drones and soldiers on the ground by France and the US.

Africa is a continent sitting on a time bomb, there will be revolt, we can’t just continue in this abject poverty and perpetual shame, our government should do the needful and work for us not for foreign stooges, the Berlin conference that distributed African nations between the Europeans is nothing but evil, but we still run to them, Sankara said you can’t revolt against the mouth that feeds you, we have to liberate ourself and emancipate our mind

Imagine a single railway line and road linking all western African countries together, spending same currency, we can host various international events if this is done but he’ll no, they won’t

The Europeans should be feeling the hit too with immigrants and scam issue, very soon it’ll turn to open confrontation against our politicians, this is Inevitable, it can’t continue for long

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by pansophist(m): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
musicwriter:
Yet, most of you yell "conspiracy theory" when told that white people are not done enslaving Africa.

Shouldn't the national will of the Francophone African countries be how to liberate themselves from the grip of France on their CFA? How is that people who said they're educated can easily switch from one slave system to the other?

This's why I've lost respect for anybody on the African continent because I see nobody to respect. There's nobody living and thinking on the African continent at this time.

Can't the ECO be pegged on gold price or the Chinese Yen or even the South African Rand? Why always Europe, the same people known to enslave and exploit us? Europeans would never want development in Africa. The only thing they can do and they've always done is exploit, exploit exploit.

When will people wake up on this continent?

We will continue to be enslaved until we do one thing. If we ever want to be completely free from white people, we must go back to our native language, use it to acquire knowledge, and believe in our God. This's the only way to DISCONNECT ourselves from white people and stop creating perpetual slaves out of ourselves.

Isn't this enough reason for we Africans to come to our senses?

Why should it even be pegged to an external currency in the first place? Gold would be the best bet, that's how one gains sovereignty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by southpole: 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
profilemessages:

You said Ghanaians usually say we are only plenty in Nigeria and plenty for nothing and you went on to say they are right I hope I read you well. Then you and the Ghanaians will explain why the economy of Lagos a lone is bigger than the whole economy of Ghana according to IMF. You may also tell us whether Ghana has performed better than Nigeria on the global stage in terms of contribution to global education, global peace keeping, sport, medicine. The last time I heard that Nigeria has about 20,000 medical Doctors practicing in America alone probably Ghanaians number may be more than that as you and them may allege. When the world say Nigeria is the giant of Africa is not based on land mass or population is far more than that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Countries With The Highest Engineering Graduates (Photos) / Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War / New Year Celebration Around The World (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.