Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,202 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency (41067 Views)

Why France Is Angry About The US And UK Giving Australia Nuclear Submarines / ECO: West Africa Renames CFA Franc But Keeps It Pegged To Euro / Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:
Our main problem is perpetual stooge we have subjected ourselves to in the hands of the so-called Great Britain, the world's renown parasite. Since the beginning of the insurgency, France has played major roles in curbing their activities with less efforts from the british people. Some of french doctors ( Doctors without Borders) were abducted and even killed by boko haram. The last time I checked, a British court slammed a huge sum which could deplete our foreign reserves overnight as penalty or damages in the case of P and ID. France would never have allowed this injustice to be done to any of their colonies

I think our leaders, both past and present are selfish. Immediately after independence, we have failed to adopt french as a second official language, sticking only to english. In Europe, hardly would you find a country who doesn't speak English, including france though they have always preferred speaking their language. I was in Germany some years back and there I met a guy at the airport. I asked him for a direction to where I was going as a taxi guy but he pretended as if he didn't understand English. Later he came to meet me and began speaking fluently...and that's the way an average german behaves. They may not like speaking english but the majority of them understand and speak well.

Being bi-lingual as a nation brings about even and speedy development. If you speak my languages, I'd deal with you in all eagerness and fairness...its normal but the reverse is the case with British. They are haters and unwilling to help especially in an area where they feel they can't see anything to eat. Our politicians loaded their banks with looted money from and they're busy doing business with it. Whenever our country makes any move to bring the money back home, they come up with stiff conditions which would end our country parting away almost half of the money.

I hope the French language learned in most private schools is sustained. We need to break this jinx of one language which is english. Hardly would you visit a francophone country and see learned people who do not understand English and that's where they have an edge overseas over us...in football clubs, in schools, fashion or show biz and wherever they find themselves...they always thrive and adapt easily.
Whereas, their anglophone counterparts would have to enrol in a french school to pick up. Amazingly, french and Spanish are very similar so anybody from a fanconphone country can easily understand Spanish when spoken. It brings about ease of doing business internationally without barriers.

The ECO issue wouldn't have been there in the first place, had our government adopted French a subject from day one in our public schools as a second official language for the sake of economic integration of our region . This is why I've always faulted the amalgamation of 1914, which we are not finding difficult to repeal even years after it's expiry. All the franco phone countries in west Africa put together, ate not up to the Nigerian population but are far better in development than we are as a nation. They are well-organised with less issues of insecurity and corruption. The amalgamation was put there by the British to keep enslaving us. I hope this is repealed someday.

WE WILL NOT SUCCUMBED TO SLAVERY. Both French & brits want nothing but our resources.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by HallaDaTruth: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
engrchykae:
is our Nigeria not a pariah state of the UK and USA?
The Asante man have always stood up to the British.
That is why they all dread biafra.
All Nigeria leaders have been serving British and American economic interests since 1914.
Especially the northern hausas fulani low budget colonialists from futa jallon

IF ONLY THESE TRIBALISTS ON NAIRALAND WILL REALIZE THAT BIAFRA IS THE HOPE FOR THE ENTIRE BLACK RACE , BIAFRA IS NOT JUST AN IGBO THING , ITS A WAKE UP CALL FOR BLACK PEOPLE WORLDWIDE . YOU WILL SEE THE WAY THAT SOME PEOPLE WILL START TO BRING INSULTS ON OUR COMMENT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knrUcqTQRWs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_DddDpGYdk
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
This is a crazy good idea. It would surely work.
Vortex369:
Nigeria can not adopt ECO as long as France mints and controls the Treasury.

If the Federal Government is Smart, they will allow us to collaborate with China and mint prototypical exacts of the ECO Currency and get into these Francophone slave colonies and exchange them with Euro and bring back Euro to build our country. We need to flood their system with excessive ECO until they get hyper-inflation and increase taxes to mop up excess liquidity while we enjoy.

This is what Iran and China does to countries who think they are smart. grin
sammirano:
Booth france and britain are mad. They should just leave us already. Wetin happen?
They will never leave us alone because that's how they generate revenues they use in sustaining their countries. Without those francophone countries, France will be struggling as a nation. I just wish African leaders would grow some balls and stand up to these silly bullies!
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by HallaDaTruth: 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2019
PaulSimon2020:
They will never leave us alone because that's how they generate revenues they use in sustaining their countries. Without those francophone countries, France will be struggling as a nation. I just wish African leaders would grow some balls and stand up to these silly bullies!

You are 100% Right

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Amujale(m): 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2019
tstx:

..BRAINWASH Him..
Teach him your language tell him it's so you guys can communicate easily, convince him that everything produced in his land is inferior, and then introduce your God to him...

Kindly make it your responsibility to teach things without the guilty tone.

I agree with the spirit of your post but not the tone.

If i may, let me give a breakdown to the genuine points you make here:

Western Education is a hinderence and a Eurocentric construct that by default is built to be counterproductive to the African.

All the Abrahamic religions are a hinderence to the progress of our continent.

It's counterintuitive for a person Yemen to have a Eurocentric view of the world.

Similarly, its counterintuitive to the African to have an Arabian fundamentalist or Eurocentric view of the world.

And that, some of the Eurocentric inventions that are reponsible for Arabanisation and Europeanising our way of thinking are Western Education and the Abrahamic religions.

Let the views of the Eurocentric influence Europe, such isnt meant to concern the African.

Let the views of the Arabian fundamentalist influence Asia, such isnt meant to concern the African.

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by okeyglm: 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
in Biafra, Africa died

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by spassion: 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
Vortex369:

If the Federal Government is Smart, they will allow us to collaborate with China and mint prototypical exacts of the ECO Currency and get into these Francophone slave colonies and exchange them with Euro and bring back Euro to build our country. We need to flood their system with excessive ECO until they get hyper-inflation and increase taxes to mop up excess liquidity while we enjoy.

Clever gal, I would call you.
Nigeria needs to dump the idea of integrating with ingrate so called french west Africans.
Those french speaking west Africans would never grown beyond France, we have seen how Brazil has bypassed Portugal and how Angola is doing better than Portugal.

Truth is that all African governments are extremely corrupt. All African wealth is being export to Western countries.

2 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by wirinet(m): 4:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
HallaDaTruth:

IF ONLY THESE TRIBALISTS ON NAIRALAND WILL REALIZE THAT BIAFRA IS THE HOPE FOR THE ENTIRE BLACK RACE , BIAFRA IS NOT JUST AN IGBO THING , ITS A WAKE UP CALL FOR BLACK PEOPLE WORLDWIDE . YOU WILL SEE THE WAY THAT SOME PEOPLE WILL START TO BRING INSULTS ON OUR COMMENT

You people and your Don Quixotic dreams. how is Biafra the hope of the entire black race, when it's so tiny in terms of landmass and even population? Even if we accept all the unrealistic lands added by the igbos, it's still in significantly tiny, when compared to other black nations.

How can Biafra be the hope of the entire black race, when the igbos - the main promoters of Biafra have poor relations or no relations at all with other black or even non black nations. How many blacks nations would support the igbos in anything?

Biafra, a nation that was only sustained for less than 3 years would the hope of black man, when other ancient nations like Ethiopia is there that had never been colonised or conquered by foreign powers.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by wirinet(m): 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
spassion:

Clever gal, I would call you.
Nigeria needs to dump the idea of integrating with ingrate so called french west Africans.
Those french speaking west Africans would never grown beyond France, we have seen how Brazil has bypassed Portugal and how Angola is doing better than Portugal.

Truth is that all African governments are extremely corrupt. All African wealth is being export to Western countries.

Nigeria cannot afford to dump the idea of integrating the so called french west Africa, simply because we are completely surrounded by them. I feel very uncomfortable being surrounded by vassal states of France.

We have a huge advantage in that most of these countries share the same tribe with Nigeria, ie Yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis, and even igbos. We can use tribal and cultural links to try and reach them. The advantage France has is language, the CFA currency, economic aid and military aid. If we had gotten our acts together, we would have challenged France in those items.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by tonyzaks: 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
sammirano:
Booth france and britain are mad. They should just leave us already. Wetin happen?
No who dey report naija to Britain and USA whenever we have a beep with the authorities?
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by PsiData: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
Doff my hat for your wisdom, it is potent! Your words are factual.

InvertedHammer:

/
The main problem is that you can get the best brain in Africa, teach him Economics up to Ph.D level and as far as they hand him over a blueprint within which framework to operate, he will seem a genius. But take him outside the confine of the blueprint and challenge his critical thinking abilities, it becomes obvious that he is a tabula rasa. Our professors are professional beggars looking for educational grants from developed nations to use in buying latest cars in town. How do you expect any breakthrough from such nonentities?
\
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Litmus: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
DexterousOne:

This is the most ignorant post I have read this year

You really think having France as an ex colonial power is a good thing?

Go and ask what they are facing

Oh, my god, i read his stuff, mouth open. It is as if when i think all these Africans on the continent can get no more ignorant and arrogant, someone manages to do it. Even when you watch seasoned french political and economic commentators on french national television talk of French West African nations, they are forever worrying about Nigeria and stating how far in advance of their African colonies Nigeria is and how the Nigerian economy and financial institution makes the ECO precarious and not viable. And this guy is waxing pompously on just how fanatic french West Africa is compered to Nigeria, when French West Africa existence is a monumental shame and humiliation to Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by musicwriter(m): 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
pansophist:

Why should it even be pegged to an external currency in the first place? Gold would be the best bet, that's how one gains sovereignty.

That's a good question.

And the answer is that after the second world war, the same white imperialists tricked the rest of the world to peg their currency on the US dollar as a way of determining the value of international transactions. The US dollar itself was then pegged on gold.

That's how this whole concept began but it was working relatively well until a US president, I believe a Nixon, pulled the greatest financial scam of all time by annulling it in 1973 or thereabout. From then on, other world currencies just got stuck pegged on the US dollar but without gold backing the US dollar anymore.

In other word, the US can print any amount of paper they want and push it into the world as money. They can even manipulate their currency to affect other currencies. President Nixon made the US a world power. This's what Europe want for the ECO. If African leaders make the mistake of pegging the ECO on Euro, then African economies and even monetary policies would be at the mercy of Europe.

Kwame Nkrumah was right.......... Neo-colonialism is the last stage of imperialism.
Yet, Nkrumah should've said "next stage" because slavery later called colonialism and now called neo-colonialism would never come to an end until we Africans do one thing. Our path to freedom is to go back to our native languages, use it to acquire knowledge, and believe our Gods. This's the only way to disconnect from slavery forever.

Yes, gold would be the best bet as it has proven to run parallel to currency rate.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by spassion: 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
wirinet:

Nigeria cannot afford to dump the idea of integrating the so called french west Africa, simply because we are completely surrounded by them. I feel very uncomfortable being surrounded by vassal states of France.

We have a huge advantage in that most of these countries share the same tribe with Nigeria, ie Yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis, and even igbos. We can use tribal and cultural links to try and reach them. The advantage France has is language, the CFA currency, economic aid and military aid. If we had gotten our acts together, we would have challenged France in those items.

Integrating with people that surrendered their unborn generation to the french would not be best from my own perspective.

Nigeria's main problem is corruption.

If we can put our house in order, Nigeria can surpass France and even the so called selfish Britain, I classify them as parasites, just there to milk Africa.

Look at Brazil for example compared to Portugal. Brazil was also colonized by Portugal, but today, Brazil is a giant beside Portugal.

In conclusion, if corruption is taken out of Nigeria's politics even Britain would not dare us not to talk of France. Mind you, France is just a country with population of 67million while Nigeria is 200million.

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by blinking001(m): 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
angry

I was a mercenary for the French Legion under Charles De Gaulle.

This is my role in the fall of the West African currency...

This is a conspiracy from before the times of Mitterrand and Chirac.

You must keep quiet or your life would be at risk....
Where have you been grin
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Elfaris(m): 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
Vortex369:

This guy, this idea burst my head. lol.

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by engrchykae(m): 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
ajl:

C"mon! Which Biafra? Who did France support during the Biafra war? Was it not Biafra. There were french mercenaries on ground to train Biafra soldiers. And you think they did that for free. You all lack power of foresight. Well, get your Biafra and be the 15th French colony in west Africa.
the French supported biafra in order to break up Nigeria and make Nigeria weak but along the line the French realized that biafrans won't be easy to control,the French started double dating in the sense that they started using the red Cross and caritas to sabotage the war efforts.
We knew the roles played by everyone in that war.
If biafrans don't like being anglophone,what made you think they can be francophone.
Non biafran Africans are the reason Africa is pampering neo colonialism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by khalids: 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:
Our main problem is perpetual stooge we have subjected ourselves to in the hands of the so-called Great Britain, the world's renown parasite. Since the beginning of the insurgency, France has played major roles in curbing their activities with less efforts from the british people. Some of french doctors ( Doctors without Borders) were abducted and even killed by boko haram. The last time I checked, a British court slammed a huge sum which could deplete our foreign reserves overnight as penalty or damages in the case of P and ID. France would never have allowed this injustice to be done to any of their colonies

I think our leaders, both past and present are selfish. Immediately after independence, we have failed to adopt french as a second official language, sticking only to english. In Europe, hardly would you find a country who doesn't speak English, including france though they have always preferred speaking their language. I was in Germany some years back and there I met a guy at the airport. I asked him for a direction to where I was going as a taxi guy but he pretended as if he didn't understand English. Later he came to meet me and began speaking fluently...and that's the way an average german behaves. They may not like speaking english but the majority of them understand and speak well.

Being bi-lingual as a nation brings about even and speedy development. If you speak my languages, I'd deal with you in all eagerness and fairness...its normal but the reverse is the case with British. They are haters and unwilling to help especially in an area where they feel they can't see anything to eat. Our politicians loaded their banks with looted money from and they're busy doing business with it. Whenever our country makes any move to bring the money back home, they come up with stiff conditions which would end our country parting away almost half of the money.

I hope the French language learned in most private schools is sustained. We need to break this jinx of one language which is english. Hardly would you visit a francophone country and see learned people who do not understand English and that's where they have an edge overseas over us...in football clubs, in schools, fashion or show biz and wherever they find themselves...they always thrive and adapt easily.
Whereas, their anglophone counterparts would have to enrol in a french school to pick up. Amazingly, french and Spanish are very similar so anybody from a fanconphone country can easily understand Spanish when spoken. It brings about ease of doing business internationally without barriers.

The ECO issue wouldn't have been there in the first place, had our government adopted French a subject from day one in our public schools as a second official language for the sake of economic integration of our region . This is why I've always faulted the amalgamation of 1914, which we are not finding difficult to repeal even years after it's expiry. All the franco phone countries in west Africa put together, ate not up to the Nigerian population but are far better in development than we are as a nation. They are well-organised with less issues of insecurity and corruption. The amalgamation was put there by the British to keep enslaving us. I hope this is repealed someday.

So so naive....who told you france is your friend........France and Britian are no different....france is even worse........

By the way 90% of Nigerians are bilingual......OR is our mother tongue no longer a language....

2 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by kong200: 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
fairfora:
Canada did (English and French), some Arab countries like UAE did( they speak Arab and english whilst they still had their local dialect), America did( English and Spanish). If you go to public places in some states, which I've been several times, the writings are both in english and Spanish but english is the primary (main) official language.

There is nothing bad if our government too encourages French as a second official language, even if our primary official language is English and subjects are taught in English in our schools. English could be spoken widely but french should be encouraged like other francophone countries are doing. It's in our best interest.

Your examples arent meaningful. What are the local languages in Canada, America and UAE? Nigeria has over 100 local dialects but want her to discard all and adopt two alien languages and you wonder why only the black race suffer from identity crises.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Litmus: 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
Nigeria joining with these African nations in any form of genuine oneness of economy and nationality will be a tragedy of Nigeria. These nations need a period of time in the wilderness of independence from France and Nigeria shouldn't jump in to hold their hands, the'll never be grateful or take responsibility for difficult times, they are too ignorant and pompous.

2 Likes

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by khalids: 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
musicwriter:

That's a good question.

And the answer is that after the second world war, the same white imperialists tricked the rest of the world to peg their currency on the US dollar as a way of determining the value of international transactions. The US dollar itself was then pegged on gold.

That's how this whole concept began but it was working relatively well until a US president, I believe a Nixon, pulled the greatest financial scam of all time by annulling it in 1973 or thereabout. From then on, other world currencies just got stuck pegged on the US dollar but without gold backing the US dollar anymore.

In other word, the US can print any amount of paper they want and push it into the world as money. They can even manipulate their currency to affect other currencies. President Nixon made the US a world power. This's what Europe want for the ECO. If African leaders make the mistake of pegging the ECO on Euro, then African economies and even monetary policies would be at the mercy of Europe.

Kwame Nkrumah was right.......... Neo-colonialism is the last stage of imperialism.

Yes, gold would be the best bet as it has proven to run parallel to currency rate.

Person wey understand...........

What this french president is doing is to pit west Africa against the Europeans.....he wants to engage the power of Europe to share the spoils of africa...

Since he knows france is losing control of francophone speaking Africa....with this they will use our commonwealth to beef up the Euro that is gradually failing...

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by musicwriter(m): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2019
khalids:

Person wey understand...........

What this french president is doing is to pit west Africa against the Europeans.....he wants to engage the power of Europe to share the spoils of africa...

Since he knows france is losing control of francophone speaking Africa....with this they will use our commonwealth to beef up the Euro that is gradually failing...

Yes, its about exploiting Africa to help European economies. Same old game!!
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by od501: 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2019
I can't but marvel to the wisdom of your thought, and for the fact you are a Nigerian woman makes it even more improbable. Don't get me wrong though..lol.

Main point: your comment speaks so much wisdom.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by olas24u(f): 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2019
[quote author=fairfora post=85290646] Canada did (English and French), some Arab countries like UAE did( they speak Arab and english whilst they still had their local dialect), America did( English and Spanish). If you go to public places in some states, which I've been several times, the writings are both in english and Spanish but english is the primary (main) official language.

There is nothing bad if our government too encourages French as a second official language, even if our primary official language is English and subjects are taught in English in our schools. English could be spoken widely but french should be encouraged like other francophone countries are doing. It's in our best interest.
Your argument is not alright,Nigeria Is made of nations and the languages can be used ,even swahili is still okay,not french.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by khalids: 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2019
thundafire:
Yes a good write up to an extent but France always support der colonies each time der is an issue but dey British have not done so for me France have tried der best to have a good rapport with der colonies and u can t just go and mess with dem

Yes because that is where they steal from...so what do you expect.....Now ask yourself if France was so good as you claim why then are those countries in so much turmoil and poverty.....

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by wirinet(m): 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
spassion:

Integrating with people that surrendered their unborn generation to the french would not be best from my own perspective.

As I said above, we have no choice but to do all within our power to integrate them. WE ARE SURROUNDED BY THEM

Besides, they are our fellow brothers and sisters that have divided us. Half of Benin Republic are Yorubas, they also have big fulani population. Same with Niger and Chad, they have huge fulani population. Cameroon too has huge igbo population, but French policy has been able to effectively isolate them from their igbo kith and kins in Nigeria. The same strategy adopted by Nigeria to isolate other not south east igbos from their main kith and kins.

Nigeria's main problem is corruption.
Don't you think this is a function of the colonial structure and policies put in place by the colonialists?

If we can put our house in order, Nigeria can surpass France and even the so called selfish Britain, I classify them as parasites, just there to milk Africa.
Agreed, but you need certain criteria to be able to put your house in order, like infrastructure, practical education, good government structure, etc. All these things the colonialists made sure we lacked.

Look at Brazil for example compared to Portugal. Brazil was also colonized by Portugal, but today, Brazil is a giant beside Portugal.
Brazil had different colonial experience. They actually colonised (killed the inhabitants and replaced them with their own people ), they only governed our people (indirectly). Few white men agreed to come and settle in West Africa.

So they governed indirectly by pitting us against each other, and creating an elitist class that they can govern us indirectly by.

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by healthserve(m): 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
I thoroughly addressed why this was a very very very bad move just last week, I wish we could import all the discussions from that thread down here.

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by pansophist(m): 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
musicwriter:

That's a good question.

Yet, Nkrumah should've said "next stage" because slavery later called colonialism and now called neo-colonialism would never come to an end until we Africans do one thing. Our path to freedom is to go back to our native languages, use it to acquire knowledge, and believe our Gods. This's the only way to disconnect from slavery forever.

Yes, I know what about what you explained. The us dollar is backed by petro dollar, hence, the constant war US instigate all round the world to make dollar still relevance. The dollar is fiat currency. As for the new Eacal currency, what will it be backed on? Any idea ?
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by cooltola(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
I always beleive britain and other european are the problem of africa.
They came into africa, stole our idol and others artifacts and give us religion (christianity etc) and history and useless language yet their museum is full of those artifacts which they use to progress.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
The first reason is that over the past five years, a successful campaign has been on-going castigating the CFA Franc as the instrument through which France maintains total control over the economic affairs of its colonies – the argument being economic decolonization never occurred. The Francophone countries have to keep 50 percent of the foreign reserves permanently with the French treasury and they cannot make international transactions without going through Paris.

There were demonstrations that French board members in the West African (French) Central Bank must be removed, which is the reason that France has finally agreed that it will not have direct representatives in the Eco Central Bank. What France is trying to do now is to argue that the “colonial” CFA Franc established is now dead and the Eco is a new currency that is not French controlled. It’s the biggest lie of the year.

The second political reason is related to recent developments on the war on terror in the Sahel. It will be recalled that on 11 January 2013, French warplanes attacked jihadist convoys that were advancing on Bamako, Mali’s capital. The jihadists were already in control of two thirds of Malian territory having successfully defeated and evicted the Malian army from northern Mali.

Over the past few years however, France became very unpopular in the Sahel because of widespread belief that they were pretending to fight the jihadists in public but supporting them in secret. People are saying with their vast array of drones, planes and satellite cover, how are convoys of hundreds of terrorists able to drive over hundreds of kilometres and attack soldiers without warning from the French. These attacks have been happening with increasing regularity and devastating effect.

President Macron has been very angry that Sahelians were criticizing his country and ordered the Presidents of the five Sahelian countries to report to Pau in southern France to be told off for not convincing their citizens that France was a good friend. The meeting which was to hold this December has been postponed to January following the killing of 71 soldiers in Niger by the jihadists. France is therefore using the Eco currency launch as a public relations gimmick to rebuild its battered image.

There are only 2 people on this thread who understand what is written on this thread. Abass1Toheeb & ajl. I have screengrabbed & attached their comment for your perusal.

The rest, I presume - are just secondary school children who have hijacked Nairaland by rushing to comment in every thread without having an idea of what tha fvck the thread is all about.

The thread has just exposed France as the insects eating the vegetable, equally living on the vegetable. Kokoro toh n je efo, ara efó lówa.

Just like I have always posited, this terrorist ideology of running with the hares and hunting with the hounds are deeply embedded in the genes of these bastard Countries - iFUKUSA (Israel, France, UK & USA). It is what they have been doing for the last 70years.

There is no terrorism anywhere. These Countries created & are actively funding ALL (I repeat ALL) the terrorist groups in the world.

Mother Russia have always exposed the activities of these evil Countries but my Afrikan people have always discarded these vital intel from Vladimir Putin as mere exaggerations & propaganda due to their severe hunger, poverty & quest to obtain visas at the embassies of these abominable Countries - that are responsible for all the chaos & anarchy ravaging the Planet Earth.

For the umpteenth time, I revealing to everybody that Boko Haram, ISIS, AL-QAEDA, AL-Shabaab & EVERY OTHER TERRORIST NETWORK are trained & funded by the iFUKUSA worldwide as part of their destabilization program to milk the entire Planet.

Create a Problem = Proffer a Solution = And Then Dominate The Subjects.

If anybody has been religiously following the Syrian Civil War, all the vital information revealed about France in this thread would not come as a surprise.

Ask yourselves, how can a whole sovereign state like Nigeria have all her wealth in cash (proceeds of sale of crude oil) kept at a Bank in the United Kingdom?

Britain is ready to milk Nigeria to stupor on the "P I & D" fraudulent case since Nigeria's NNPC account is domiciled in the United Kingdom.

Unless we kill all our leaders & retrieve Nigeria from their grip of stupidity & foolishness, I am afraid these Colonial Countries will continue to have their ways.

Mother Russia is the only Country on Earth that has never done any wrong to Afrika as a continent. You can take this to the Bank anyday!

11 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Countries With The Highest Engineering Graduates (Photos) / New Year Celebration Around The World (Photos) / Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.