Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,111 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency (41065 Views)

Why France Is Angry About The US And UK Giving Australia Nuclear Submarines / ECO: West Africa Renames CFA Franc But Keeps It Pegged To Euro / Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 29, 2019
ajl:

France is actually funding Boko Haram as a way to breakup Nigeria. And the "foreign" Fulani herdmen that enter through our borders with sophisticated weapons to kill farmers in the middlebelt and south, ask yourself who is arming them. France is behind all these. France need Africa to survive and would go to any length to retain control and breakup opposition from Nigeria.

You can still blame France for Buhari failing to arrest them, blame France giving amnesty to bandits that killed thousands of Nigerians, blame France for the idea of RUGA etc

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10270136_fulaniherdsmen2_jpeg_jpeg1a1b6a11db142c7f2f003356f006d750

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10270139_fulaniherdsmen10_pngd8a430cfd4d6d020495da22dbf8c3e49

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10271867_fulaniherdsmen16_jpg4c854b18479ab6268872e4349f5d2856

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10298038_fulaniherdsmen3_jpeg_jpegdc9161024ce17379324f1094eec2e1d2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10315423_fulaniherdsmen2_png48fcbc0dbc91905549dec2af7eb92c83

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10297996_fulaniherdsmenandbokoharamglobalindex_jpege5a96bbd15df9c6ccf975459cd3bfedb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10250680_bh12_jpeg61249143a1c57a814ff904a6d1f0895c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10250676_fj11_png591c9b4f04d0d4c13cacf305a07a02c8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10322273_miyettiallah8_jpeg5527f4eaa6e294bbd3defb976ca74a5f
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 29, 2019
ajl:

C"mon! Which Biafra? Who did France support during the Biafra war? Was it not Biafra. There were french mercenaries on ground to train Biafra soldiers. And you think they did that for free. You all lack power of foresight. Well, get your Biafra and be the 15th French colony in west Africa.

Both Nigeria, France and United Kingdom are all evil and useless countries, most West African groups are more wicked than France and UK combined,

We hate ourselves more than the Europeans hate us, you people make it looks like the Europeans don't want us to progress when we're the one holding ourselves down to serve the European interest.

We do injustice to ourselves then turn around and wonder why the Europeans are doing injustice to us.
We are more greedy than the Europeans.

Nigeria and other African countries were built to serve the European interest and you uphold it then turn around to complain.

THE FULANI/CALIPHATE ARE WORST THAN THE EUROPEANS,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by healthserve(m): 7:15am On Dec 29, 2019
Isinweke:

Both Nigeria, France and United Kingdom are all evil and useless country, most West Africans groups are more wicked than France and UK combined,

We hate ourselves more than the Europeans hate us, you people make it looks like the Europeans don't us to progress when we're the one holding ourselves down to serve the European interest.

It's either we are subhumans or we are wicked more than the devil.

Evil ke. No one takes responsibilities for people's ignorance. Africa has a knowledge problem. That's what it is. The policy is just a reflection of that reality.

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Maliqcious: 7:18am On Dec 29, 2019
I don't know whose side you on yea...The British are traitors one of prime minister accusing GEJ of knowing who BH are...is a tell sign that...some of British still have bad blood with our country. ..Why would france want to get involved with W.A currency? You think they are foolish or too nice of a people. ..By this decade Africa needs to realize that external forces don't mean well for her development
fairfora:
Our main problem is perpetual stooge we have subjected ourselves to in the hands of the so-called Great Britain, the world's renown parasite. Since the beginning of the insurgency, France has played major roles in curbing their activities with less efforts from the british people. Some of french doctors ( Doctors without Borders) were abducted and even killed by boko haram. The last time I checked, a British court slammed a huge sum which could deplete our foreign reserves overnight as penalty or damages in the case of P and ID. France would never have allowed this injustice to be done to any of their colonies

I think our leaders, both past and present are selfish. Immediately after independence, we have failed to adopt french as a second official language, sticking only to english. In Europe, hardly would you find a country who doesn't speak English, including france though they have always preferred speaking their language. I was in Germany some years back and there I met a guy at the airport. I asked him for a direction to where I was going as a taxi guy but he pretended as if he didn't understand English. Later he came to meet me and began speaking fluently...and that's the way an average german behaves. They may not like speaking english but the majority of them understand and speak well.

Being bi-lingual as a nation brings about even and speedy development. If you speak my languages, I'd deal with you in all eagerness and fairness...its normal but the reverse is the case with British. They are haters and unwilling to help especially in an area where they feel they can't see anything to eat. Our politicians loaded their banks with looted money from and they're busy doing business with it. Whenever our country makes any move to bring the money back home, they come up with stiff conditions which would end our country parting away almost half of the money.

I hope the French language learned in most private schools is sustained. We need to break this jinx of one language which is english. Hardly would you visit a francophone country and see learned people who do not understand English and that's where they have an edge overseas over us...in football clubs, in schools, fashion or show biz and wherever they find themselves...they always thrive and adapt easily.
Whereas, their anglophone counterparts would have to enrol in a french school to pick up. Amazingly, french and Spanish are very similar so anybody from a fanconphone country can easily understand Spanish when spoken. It brings about ease of doing business internationally without barriers.

The ECO issue wouldn't have been there in the first place, had our government adopted French a subject from day one in our public schools as a second official language for the sake of economic integration of our region . This is why I've always faulted the amalgamation of 1914, which we are not finding difficult to repeal even years after it's expiry. All the franco phone countries in west Africa put together, ate not up to the Nigerian population but are far better in development than we are as a nation. They are well-organised with less issues of insecurity and corruption. The amalgamation was put there by the British to keep enslaving us. I hope this is repealed someday.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 29, 2019
Patrioticman007:
Our Mumu Never Do ?.
It Marvel's me how Blackman thinks !!!. These whites enslaved our ancestors, during the transatlantic slave trade like, there won't be tommoro, yet our people practice Christianity their religion.
These white people colonized us with a weapons, yet our people loot our common wealth and happily hide it in their banks.
We Africans are like Chickens to their poultry farmers, they feed & keep us as a source of food to their economy, either Christian or Muslim, it doesn't matter. What matters is just their permanent interest.

Africans sold themselves to slavery, the Europeans even helped to end the slave trade, the British faught wars to end slavery, the US did the same.
Africans are slaves for life.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2019
southpole:
You said Ghanaians usually say we are only plenty in Nigeria and plenty for nothing and you went on to say they are right I hope I read you well. Then you and the Ghanaians will explain why the economy of Lagos a lone is bigger than the whole economy of Ghana according to IMF. You may also tell us whether Ghana has performed better than Nigeria on the global stage in terms of contribution to global education, global peace keeping, sport, medicine. The last time I heard that Nigeria has about 20,000 medical Doctors practicing in America alone probably Ghanaians number may be more than that as you and them may allege. When the world say Nigeria is the giant of Africa is not based on land mass or population is far more than that.

Keep deceiving yourselves and calling yourselves Giant of Africa,
That's what your politicians told you after stealing your treasure dry.

You can claim Giant of West Africa, it will make little sense.

1 Like

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by kushercain: 8:48am On Dec 29, 2019
Vortex369:
Nigeria can not adopt ECO as long as France mints and controls the Treasury.

If the Federal Government is Smart, they will allow us to collaborate with China and mint prototypical exacts of the ECO Currency and get into these Francophone slave colonies and exchange them with Euro and bring back Euro to build our country. We need to flood their system with excessive ECO until they get hyper-inflation and increase taxes to mop up excess liquidity while we enjoy.

This is what Iran and China does to countries who think they are smart. grin

You're computergeek aren't you?
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by kushercain: 8:52am On Dec 29, 2019
Lucid1:
The writer of this article is delusional and should not be listened to.

What's the meaning of this : "...Nigeria is essentially kept out of the currency because the country will not accept the conditionalities established by France."

I refused to highlight more because I'd have highlighted the entire article.

I pray the writer received sense

Oga highlight more or counter the points there is time we are here to learn
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by kushercain: 8:56am On Dec 29, 2019
hammerU:
AFRICA BELONGS TO FRANCE.

SOUTH AMERICA BELONGS TO SPANISH.

USA BELONGS TO BRITAIN.

WE ALL ACCEPT FRANCE, AT LEAST THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE ISLAMIST THAT WANT TO KILL US ALL.

NOTHING CAN MAKE ME TURN AGAINST FRANCE.

THEY ARE ALWAYS THEIR WEN WE NEED THEM THE MOST.

VIVE LA FRANCE.

Then who does North America belong to? What of Australia or even Antarctica?
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by wirinet(m): 9:16am On Dec 29, 2019
spassion:

I believe integrating is not the key for now.
I honestly believe integration is key, just as integration was key to the economic success of Europe. Europe's problem is attempting to change economic integration into political integration.

First, we should fight corruption. Second, become a force to reckon with, economically and politically. Third, be self sufficient, self reliant and a powerhouse.
Yes we must fight or at least reduce corruption, but we must recognise that it is a difficult task. This is because of inherent landmines laid by the colonialists at independence. The elections and census issues we are grappling with today were foundation laid by the colonialists. They rig politicians who promote their interests and sabotage their country’s interest into power, and kill any renegade politician that attempt to go against their interest. They are responsible for perpetuating sit tight leaders for decades.

Under these conditions becoming a force to reckon with, economically and politically is very difficult

How can we be self sufficient, self reliant and a powerhouse, when the countries themselves were set up to depend on the colonialists. The countries were set up to provide raw materials for European industries, and provide a ready market for their finished goods. This is how the economies of colonial west and central Africa was set up.

Unlike when we tried to help South Africa and Ghana, they came back throwing it to our face. Those french Africans would also do the same in the short or long run.
South African and to some extent Ghana are not our brothers, they are separate people of separate tribes and language. Benin republic, Chad, Niger and Cameroon share the same people. It is difficult separating the eguns and Tapa of Benin Republic from their Yoruba brothers. Same with Fulanis in Nigeria from their Daura brothers. Ditto for Bakassi and adama adamawa. People are still accusing Atiku of being Cameroonian instead of Nigerian. The colonialists used language, currency and force to separate these people.

If we become a force to reckon with, like China and Brazil that cannot be left out of any political and economic decision, then we can look further into integration those junkyards like Benin, Niger and Cameroon, because at that point, we can prove to them that black people can also become something without France or any western poo. Just as the Chinese, Indonesians and Brazilians have proved themselves.

If all those can be achieved, we can call anybody's bluff.
The fact is that all these countries are already a heavy burden on the Nigeria economy. We already subsidise their fuel, we provide them power, these countries in fact depends heavily on the Nigeria economy to survive. The worse is they all pose huge security risk, as Nigeria has been attacked through these country's borders one time or the other.
So it makes sense to strategically integrate them.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2019
kushercain:

You're computergeek aren't you?
Why are you mentioning me?
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by HallaDaTruth: 10:20am On Dec 29, 2019
wirinet:

You people and your Don Quixotic dreams. how is Biafra the hope of the entire black race, when it's so tiny in terms of landmass and even population? Even if we accept all the unrealistic lands added by the igbos, it's still in significantly tiny, when compared to other black nations.

How can Biafra be the hope of the entire black race, when the igbos - the main promoters of Biafra have poor relations or no relations at all with other black or even non black nations. How many blacks nations would support the igbos in anything?

Biafra, a nation that was only sustained for less than 3 years would the hope of black man, when other ancient nations like Ethiopia is there that had never been colonised or conquered by foreign powers.

�� Israel is a tiny nation in land mass and population , yet it influences the whole world in finances, Medicine, Agriculture, etc

�� You claim igbos don't have relationships with others, have you travelled outside Nigeria to see the way Igbos relate to others? We actually have more arab connections with even arab countries than buhari and his other Muslim counterparts.

�� What influence does Ethiopia have since they were not colonised. I don't want to go into unnecessary arguments with you but there are things we have come across that other tribes don't about. We have stumbled upon many documents that shows what the British and French government are doing in Africa. Go and find out why they fought against Biafra. Its deeper than you know. You don't have to buy into the Biafran dream but those of us who have will surely get our nation. No be here i go leak all the plan and secret. But Biafra Go Happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by voltron14: 10:35am On Dec 29, 2019
kong200:

Why would an independent country adopt two foreign languages? That's suicidal, and you wonder why only the black race suffer from identity crises.

Even if we wanted to why should we adopt another foreign language?
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by AgwoAkpi: 10:40am On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
voltron14:

Even if we wanted to why should we adopt another foreign language?
[/s]
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Jyde89: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2019
fairfora:
Our main problem is perpetual stooge we have subjected ourselves to in the hands of the so-called Great Britain, the world's renown parasite. Since the beginning of the insurgency, France has played major roles in curbing their activities with less efforts from the british people. Some of french doctors ( Doctors without Borders) were abducted and even killed by boko haram. The last time I checked, a British court slammed a huge sum which could deplete our foreign reserves overnight as penalty or damages in the case of P and ID. France would never have allowed this injustice to be done to any of their colonies

I think our leaders, both past and present are selfish. Immediately after independence, we have failed to adopt french as a second official language, sticking only to english. In Europe, hardly would you find a country who doesn't speak English, including france though they have always preferred speaking their language. I was in Germany some years back and there I met a guy at the airport. I asked him for a direction to where I was going as a taxi guy but he pretended as if he didn't understand English. Later he came to meet me and began speaking fluently...and that's the way an average german behaves. They may not like speaking english but the majority of them understand and speak well.

Being bi-lingual as a nation brings about even and speedy development. If you speak my languages, I'd deal with you in all eagerness and fairness...its normal but the reverse is the case with British. They are haters and unwilling to help especially in an area where they feel they can't see anything to eat. Our politicians loaded their banks with looted money from and they're busy doing business with it. Whenever our country makes any move to bring the money back home, they come up with stiff conditions which would end our country parting away almost half of the money.

I hope the French language learned in most private schools is sustained. We need to break this jinx of one language which is english. Hardly would you visit a francophone country and see learned people who do not understand English and that's where they have an edge overseas over us...in football clubs, in schools, fashion or show biz and wherever they find themselves...they always thrive and adapt easily.
Whereas, their anglophone counterparts would have to enrol in a french school to pick up. Amazingly, french and Spanish are very similar so anybody from a fanconphone country can easily understand Spanish when spoken. It brings about ease of doing business internationally without barriers.

The ECO issue wouldn't have been there in the first place, had our government adopted French a subject from day one in our public schools as a second official language for the sake of economic integration of our region . This is why I've always faulted the amalgamation of 1914, which we are not finding difficult to repeal even years after it's expiry. All the franco phone countries in west Africa put together, ate not up to the Nigerian population but are far better in development than we are as a nation. They are well-organised with less issues of insecurity and corruption. The amalgamation was put there by the British to keep enslaving us. I hope this is repealed someday.

at the moment Nigeria is the only opposition they have in west Africa, and you want us to position our self so the French could mount us, you must come from a long line of repressed people.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Slimpotter(m): 11:32am On Dec 29, 2019
Vortex369:
Nigeria can not adopt ECO as long as France mints and controls the Treasury.

If the Federal Government is Smart, they will allow us to collaborate with China and mint prototypical exacts of the ECO Currency and get into these Francophone slave colonies and exchange them with Euro and bring back Euro to build our country. We need to flood their system with excessive ECO until they get hyper-inflation and increase taxes to mop up excess liquidity while we enjoy.

This is what Iran and China does to countries who think they are smart. grin
Coming from a girl, you smart.
The Chinese are the best powerful ally we can get as far as world politics.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Slimpotter(m): 11:38am On Dec 29, 2019
musicwriter:
Yet, most of you yell "conspiracy theory" when told that white people are not done enslaving Africa.

Shouldn't the national will of the Francophone African countries be how to liberate themselves from the grip of France on their CFA? How is it that people who said they're educated can easily switch from one slave system to another?

This's why I've lost respect for anybody on the African continent because I see nobody to respect. There's nobody living and thinking on the African continent at this time.

Can't the ECO be pegged on gold price or the Chinese Yen or even the South African Rand? Why always Europe, the same people known to enslave and exploit us? Europeans would never want development in Africa. The only thing they can do and they've always done is exploit, exploit exploit. This's why they killed Muamah Gadahdfi once he began talking seriously about a continental African currency pegged on gold. It would have definitely given us some financial freedom, so they killed him.

When will people wake up on this continent?

We will continue to be enslaved until we do one thing. If we ever want to be completely free from white people, we must go back to our native language, use it to acquire knowledge, and believe in our God. This's the only way to DISCONNECT ourselves from white people and stop creating perpetual slaves out of ourselves.

Isn't this enough reason for we Africans to come to our senses?
We should learn from the Chinese and find a way to free ourselves from imperialists stronghold.
Who ever knew how the Chinese would be as strong as they're now.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Slimpotter(m): 11:45am On Dec 29, 2019
Sunofgod:
TO HELL WITH IMPERIALISM...
To hell with imperialists, to hell with counter revolutionaries.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Axelfeldmann(m): 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
They will not leave Africa until they have exhausted all the mineral resources below their feet, above their heads and around them. What happens in the world is not what you watch on TV and hear on the radio.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by zolajpower: 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
fairfora:

It's not too late to do so states govt can start to adopt the French language like Rwanda did , from French to English speaking country . Bcus d federal / central government may delay this . I will be happy if the completion begins
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Monotica670: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
see below
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by pacespot(m): 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
But how come a foreign institution is involved in what is called ECO West African currency? The problem with African leaders is that they think Africans don't have the capacity to stand alone without these European imperialists. If there is a time that Africans need to start kicking some butts of their colonial masters, now is it. We don't need these people as we used to before, all the technology we use today is coming from China. Not that we create a permanent divide between us, we can relate as two independent friends while keeping our sovereignty intact. In 21st century, Africa should be able to do what is best for Africans without foreign interference.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by spassion: 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
wirinet:

I honestly believe integration is key, just as integration was key to the economic success of Europe. Europe's problem is attempting to change economic integration into political integration.

Yes we must fight or at least reduce corruption, but we must recognise that it is a difficult task. This is because of inherent landmines laid by the colonialists at independence. The elections and census issues we are grappling with today were foundation laid by the colonialists. They rig politicians who promote their interests and sabotage their country’s interest into power, and kill any renegade politician that attempt to go against their interest. They are responsible for perpetuating sit tight leaders for decades.

Under these conditions becoming a force to reckon with, economically and politically is very difficult

How can we be self sufficient, self reliant and a powerhouse, when the countries themselves were set up to depend on the colonialists. The countries were set up to provide raw materials for European industries, and provide a ready market for their finished goods. This is how the economies of colonial west and central Africa was set up.

South African and to some extent Ghana are not our brothers, they are separate people of separate tribes and language. Benin republic, Chad, Niger and Cameroon share the same people. It is difficult separating the eguns and Tapa of Benin Republic from their Yoruba brothers. Same with Fulanis in Nigeria from their Daura brothers. Ditto for Bakassi and adama adamawa. People are still accusing Atiku of being Cameroonian instead of Nigerian. The colonialists used language, currency and force to separate these people.

The fact is that all these countries are already a heavy burden on the Nigeria economy. We already subsidise their fuel, we provide them power, these countries in fact depends heavily on the Nigeria economy to survive. The worse is they all pose huge security risk, as Nigeria has been attacked through these country's borders one time or the other.
So it makes sense to strategically integrate them.

I don't total disagree with you, but at what cost do you intend to integrate those people, when Nigeria is currently not sustainable with lots of internal cracks.

The deed has been done by the colonialists as you mentioned, but do you know what it would cost to break down those borders now.

Look at USA for example, do you think they cannot integrate Mexico or is there no NAFTA even in North America, but look at how USA treats Canada and look at how it treats Mexico. Even Trump would prefer to total cut Mexico off. Are they not supposed to be brothers and helping each other!! But the cost of helping is a big burden to USA and you are saying Nigeria should follow this path at this point in time.

If look are looking at integration, I think you have to look inwards first. My first question to you is how far have we gone in integrating our Igbo brothers?
After that, do you remember the Southern Cameroon integration with Nigeria, what was the end of that?

If we can first grow ourselves and if there is a fair agreement within the current tribes, not exploiting one region to feed the other, I mean, grow to a level where we can afford to try and integrate those countries.
Unlike when we spent much of our resources to help South Africa out of its problems but we never really recover from that point up till today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Akeem881: 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
helinues:

That is good. Killing instantly should be the best.
We are far ahead of African speaking French though all African countries are still lagging behind
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by southpole: 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
MumuCountry:
Stop talking rubbish! Ghana is better, way better than nigeria. That is the reality. Ghana’s economy is growing at 8 percent, one of the fastest in Africa. Nigeria’s economy is growing at about 2%, while Nigeria’s population is growing at above 3%- that is a simple recipe fir disaster. Why do you think nigeria is the poverty capital of the world? grin

Nigerians are too emotional grin what do you get guys get by being soo delusional? Instead of admitting that your country is in a terrible shape and looking for ways to fix the mess, you are busy denying that your country is in a mess. grin How do you start fixing a problem when all you do is to deny you have a problem? grin grin grin. Chai grin

Boy go back to school and learn, why is your Ghana screaming and wailing because Nigeria closed its land borders. The one that is better cannot be wailing when the lesser closed its borders. Before I forgot know that there is different between fasted growing and has grown. A kid will normally grow faster than an adult but it does not mean that kid has grown like the adult. Go back to school and learn or at least go and read IMF or world Bank data
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by southpole: 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
Isinweke:

Keep deceiving yourselves and calling yourselves Giant of Africa,
That's what your politicians told you after stealing your treasure dry.

You can claim Giant of West Africa, it will make little sense.
Boy go back to school and learn or at least go and read IMF or world bank data if you are too lazy to go to school. But wait why was your giant Ghana wailing and screaming everyday when Nigeria closed its land borders? Or have you forgotten how ministers from Ghana have been flying to Abuja to beg Nigeria to open its borders?. The one that is better cannot be crying everyday when the lesser closed its borders. As I said earlier boy you need to go back to school or read good economic data. If you cannot understand why Ghana has been crying over the closure of land borders by Nigeria it means you need to go back to school.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by MumuCountry: 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2019
grin Wack a con! Who did to nigerians? What do you mudder fuggerz smoke in that shiithole? All the crap you yarned, nothing makes sense grin even the blind can see your country is useless grin capital of poverty, kidnappings, corruption, violence, rape grin every bad thing, na naija im dey grin grin

southpole:
Boy go back to school and learn, why is your Ghana screaming and wailing because Nigeria closed its land borders. The one that is better cannot be wailing when the lesser closed its borders. Before I forgot know that there is different between fasted growing and has grown. A kid will normally grow faster than an adult but it does not mean that kid has grown like the adult. Go back to school and learn or at least go and read IMF or world Bank data
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by davywillis: 11:42am On Dec 31, 2019
You are very correct here, even the presidential villa in Ivory coast was built by France and the Ivorian government pays rent to france for its use.
bluefilm:

Be careful what you wish for.

The France you are hyping here is the same reason why most francophone (west) African countries are still pretty much indebted to France even so many years after they have gained their "independence" from France.

Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by bluefilm: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2019
davywillis:
You are very correct here, even the presidential villa in Ivory coast was built by France and the Ivorian government pays rent to france for its use.

You can imagine!
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Beautyaddy: 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
fairfora:
[s]Our main problem is perpetual stooge we have subjected ourselves to in the hands of the so-called Great Britain, the world's renown parasite. Since the beginning of the insurgency, France has played major roles in curbing their activities with less efforts from the british people. Some of french doctors ( Doctors without Borders) were abducted and even killed by boko haram. The last time I checked, a British court slammed a huge sum which could deplete our foreign reserves overnight as penalty or damages in the case of P and ID. France would never have allowed this injustice to be done to any of their colonies

I think our leaders, both past and present are selfish. Immediately after independence, we have failed to adopt french as a second official language, sticking only to english. In Europe, hardly would you find a country who doesn't speak English, including france though they have always preferred speaking their language. I was in Germany some years back and there I met a guy at the airport. I asked him for a direction to where I was going as a taxi guy but he pretended as if he didn't understand English. Later he came to meet me and began speaking fluently...and that's the way an average german behaves. They mould not like speaking english but the majority of them understand and speak well.

Being bi-lingual as a nation brings about even and speedy development. If you speak my language, I'd deal with you in all eagerness and fairness...its normal but the reverse is the case with British. They are haters and unwilling to help especially in an area where they feel they can't see anything to eat from. Our politicians loaded their banks with looted money from Nigeria and they're busy doing business with it, which was why OBJ called Cameron the then british PM thief and he looked at baba in the face but couldn't say anything after obj gave reasons for calling him that. Whenever our country makes any move to bring the money back home, they come up with stiff conditions which would cause our country parting away almost half of the money.

The ECO issue wouldn't have been there in the first place, had our government adopted French language from day one in our public schools as a second official language for the sake of economic integration of our region . This is why I've always faulted the amalgamation of 1914, which we are now finding difficult to repeal even years after it's expiry. All the franco phone countries in west Africa put together, are not up to the Nigerian population but are far better in development than we are as a nation. They are well-organised with less issues of insecurity and corruption. The amalgamation was put there by the British to keep enslaving us. I hope this is repealed someday.
[/s]

Rubbish!

Nigeria doesn't need to be re-colonized again by France by having French as its second official Language.
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by Beautyaddy: 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2019
alexola20:
The day Africa will be free of European economic and financial manipulations,it will be the day suffering will start in Europe.
EU won't like to see Africa get developed until we Africans,all of us fight for it.

I really don't know how but we must first start to be depending on them for anything.

Let's solve our problems by ourselves.

Bro help bro.

Very Correct.

Nigeria did not fight for Independence from the British. Nigeria requested in a sober and humility approach to gain Independence from the Great Britain.

It was easy for the Britain to grant Nigeria its Independence because Britain was going through so much war within its own territory from Germany and Italy.

Britain's stronghold over most African Countries they Colonized was getting very weak and so it was easy for Nigeria request for Independence to be granted easily without a fight.

The only way any African Country can develop and be released from the continued stronghold of its former Colonized Countries is when Africa comes together in Unity to fight against the Europeans.

Now the question is can that ever happen?

I really, really doubt it. embarassed
Re: Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency by wirinet(m): 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2019
Here is a group of mostly women led by princess Ajibola leading a protest to the French embassy in Abuja, accusing the French of sponsoring Boko Haram, and attempting to colonize Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsblEEEcuRs

I am very proud of our women, they seem more aware of real threats from Europeans than we men, who are more interested in fighting for power and control of resources.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Countries With The Highest Engineering Graduates (Photos) / Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War / New Year Celebration Around The World (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.