Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? - Nairaland / General (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? (43297 Views)

10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 / New Year 2019 Celebrations Around The World / What Is The Most Painful Thing Anyone Has Ever Said To You? (read Mine & Tell Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by promowise(m): 7:23am On Dec 31, 2019
Ursulaa:
Lost my mum on the 30th of November, buried on the 20th of December... No Christmas for me, Rest in peace mum embarassed embarassed

Sorry about your loss

Lost my mum also Nov 19th
buried her already.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Kelly2713(m): 7:24am On Dec 31, 2019
count your blessings, name them one by one
you will see what the Lord has done!

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by ProtectMyMoney: 7:25am On Dec 31, 2019
Preetychina22:
Sad comments.
I lost $36,000 to my cousin in a business deal in February. He was to take a 10% cut ($3,600). I don't know if he's still in Australia. His mom passed on due to a liver disease and he didn't show up for the burial in September.
I forgive him, I just hope he's alive and ok.

Always protect your money
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Realtalk20: 7:31am On Dec 31, 2019
Fxwarrior:

God knew why he provided woman. Those beings can reason at least those that haven't turned slay mamas.

She saw through the scam.

Yes she did
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Realtalk20: 7:32am On Dec 31, 2019
[quote author=ilyasom post=85366586][/quote]
Arrogance ,pride call it whatever I had it all

Anyways life forced me to be humble didn't it ? grin

It's funny what we can his behind a smile

The good thing is we live we learn

So I am on the slow journey back

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Teeboy15(m): 7:32am On Dec 31, 2019
2horsePOWER:

Chocked ? shocked
I'm sorry , how?
Can someone choke sleeping faced down?

Honestly I have no idea what happened to her.

I said choked cos she had little white foamy substance around her mouth.

I couldn't believe my eyes. The scream of her daughter that early morning still haunts me.

Initially when when she was screaming, I thought they were both doing their normal morning get-ready-for-school fight. But it became persistent, it was dark. The little girl also didn't know I was around in another room cos I came in very late the previous night.

I was taking my sister's corpse to the mortuary in an ambulance, kept touching her body, was becoming stiff like rock. I was begging God to bring her back, just for her lil daughter.

Mehn... it's not easy at all. At all at all. I still look at her picture in the casket till today.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Teeboy15(m): 7:35am On Dec 31, 2019
Lamanii22:

Awwwwn... Such a tough one for you.. I'm really sorry about your sister.. How's your mom doing? Affliction would not rise again in your family.. May the lord comfort you and family.. My thoughts are with you...

Mom is holding up well. We all came together to live after that incidence. 2019 for me en... we thank God all the same

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by lenghtinny(m): 7:38am On Dec 31, 2019
I lost my baby boys (twins) in February....

I didn't even get the chance to see them cry before they left.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by hayodejipop: 7:39am On Dec 31, 2019
millionboi2:
debt very bad tin

E beta say u dey broke no hole anybody
exactly boss

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by okeoghene4real(f): 7:40am On Dec 31, 2019
My mum dying in front of me and the doctors couldn't save her.
A painful lost

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by ilyasom(m): 7:47am On Dec 31, 2019
Gforce2019:

It serves you right. U r part of the people that encourage illegality. Instead of the federal government to take people on merit , they will be selling slots for people.

Foolish comment
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Yeung: 7:47am On Dec 31, 2019
The year is full of surprises and up and down.
My greatest lost was the stolen of 250 hetero fishes that are 3kg and above by unknown persons. I was so devastated because of what I have spent in feeding them since January till 18th of December that they were poached . The insecurity level of this naija is frustrating the small scale enterprises.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Mayorid(m): 7:48am On Dec 31, 2019
My laptop..
Intention was to use it to continue with my programming during my NYSC at Kogi and learn other languages. But there's no hope for me to continue coding for the next 8 months now... cry cry cry
It's still pains me tho..
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by psalmistkakah(m): 7:50am On Dec 31, 2019
I lost my dad, my very close cousin, two of my close friends who also lost thier dad and also my uncle to...chaii the pain was so much that I became hypertensive, I thank God am better now.....not easy...may thier souls rest in peace..Amen
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by prettysassygirl(f): 7:51am On Dec 31, 2019
I lost the close relationship I had with my maker, and happiness has eluded me,He is the only one that when I know am in very good terms with, I feel this never ending joy and strong belief that am safe and nothing can ever touch me,but recently I ve been filled with great fear,I Pray never to stay this coming year without Him for He is the air I breathe and staying another month away from Him might drive me real crazy.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Lamanii22(f): 7:51am On Dec 31, 2019
valicvicto:
I lost my childhood friend yesterday, she was even pregnant. she want for get sister's age group ceremony in the village, she had an accident on her way back
Na she plait and train my hair those days oo.
sleep well Lucky

Damn.. This is tragic.. I'm so sorry .. May the lord comfort you...
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Lovexme(m): 7:58am On Dec 31, 2019
I bought a problematic car and I did not know until 2 days later. The seller's number virtually became unreachable since then, and the car has been at the mechanic shop awaiting any buyer.

Close to a million wasted just like that. It's a Honda Civic Hybrid '06/'07
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by naturalwaves: 7:58am On Dec 31, 2019
Swissheart:
Thanks for all that you do for me Darl. Knowing God has brought you guys to me, I am convinced I'll be fine. I appreciate your supports always
smiley
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by myfan: 7:59am On Dec 31, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
Chelsea cut my 36 million naira ticket. That day Bournemouth beat them 1-0. I nearly died

Chai! Ajax cut my own too. I tell you the situation is usually suicidal but God won't allow that to happen because we have much money to make in the future.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Lamanii22(f): 7:59am On Dec 31, 2019
mariellasmenu:
I lost my older sister january 16th this year. She died 6 weeks after giving birth to twins. She has waited for 15 years praying and fasting for the fruit of the womb. When they finally came, the doctor ruptured her intestines and the mismanagement of the fistula made her contact sepsis. I had to care for the twins until they were 9 months. Then my mother took over. Her husband is like a mad man till date. I still cry about it everyday. She was my best friend.

Awwwwn... Omg... I'm really sorry Hun... I'm so sorry....

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Jerkules: 8:00am On Dec 31, 2019
aragon4realz:

worst loss ever
Atelin you
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Jerkules: 8:00am On Dec 31, 2019
GuestLog:
grin thats what they call "Over Her Dead Body" That incident suppose stop you from palming.
For a while tho grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Sleevia: 8:03am On Dec 31, 2019
Realtalk20:

Bro never say never

If I was told this would happen I would have laughed it off

I did several video calls with them

She approached mevia LinkedIn as an international career consultant , blah blah blah, my resume is impressive she has helped alot of professionals from EMEA etc

Omo guy just pray they don't see you

Always listen to your fiancee or wife ... I didn't say girlfriend o, I said fiancee or wife

I operate differently. Once money don enter, I don't even trust my own blood brother. I am that too sensitive.

There should be some traces of this people online or if you had asked questions.

Anyway, I can't explain it to you to understand. But bros, I dey track fire when I am on keyboard.

In 2018, I tracked down the best company for certain product sold. They were in Nigeria, the company number in china doesn't get picked intentionally. They don't have an office, yet some men have been making millions from the business. They are registered though.

I found them out. So much that some of the Nigerian men who have been milking the niche feared us and till date, they still wonder how we found those guys. Even those we sold to were also wondering how we got in cos they have been looking for direct link.

Make I stop here.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Lamanii22(f): 8:03am On Dec 31, 2019
Expert17:
I HV never BN so EMOTIONAL reading Nairaland comments........ embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I swear...Everyone's being real here.. And it's so touching...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by khome(f): 8:05am On Dec 31, 2019
sinaj:
repels magic
Okay
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Geesanni: 8:06am On Dec 31, 2019
Sorry bro,try europe.canada has been so harsh to Nigerians.if a guy that works in an oil company and date just came back from Europe is deny Visa for Canada,wat else do u expect.
ayomidepaul:
Wasted money on Canada visa three times this year...this year is horrible, But all thanks to God for life
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Jflex07(m): 8:09am On Dec 31, 2019
Realtalk20:
My prayer is for everyone to learn some.measure of contentment

That was my biggest undoing

I was never satisfied, I felt I always deserved better

I felt I needed more , no matter how much I had

In my.mind I justified it as wanting to make sure my family never lacked when I got married but even that so called marriage never came to pass did it ?

Well ambition is good but when measured

I always switched jobs as I pleased , for bigger pay checks and benefits

I didn't care how my employers felt, im my mind after all if anything happens to me.they will replace me

Anyways that is that

This Christmas was the worst in years .

It's easy to hide behind past pictures on affluence on social media that's the benefit of having lived a life of luxury since graduation..

But there was no depth to any of it, it was all shallow like a sand castle that washes away at the slightest current

All it took for my.life to come crashing down was on push the Indian lady cheesy

Anyways that was how it all went

I have been having insomnia, for months , they say I have hypertension stage 2, though I finally quit smoking and drinking , but still haven't slept in a long while , I mean really slept in over six months .. it's been just those half awake sleeps that lasts for two hours

In Port Harcourt, now trying to clear my head and see what early next year brings , I missed alot of interviews cause of no where to stay in Lagos so I am looking at opportunities outside Lagos too

But not many are open to someone my age and with the experience I ha e sometimes they just assume you are too expensive and don't get back to you

It's been a long journey, and part of the thing that made it so had is I went through it alone..

All alone grin

I don't blame.my ex though I deserve it ..

I should have listened.. I have had several nights I woke up screaming hoping this was a night mare I was trapped in and I would wake up in my third floor apartment in Abuja spread out on my couch in the sitting room. grin

But nah, it's just mosquitoes and heat...

It takes an unimaginable amount of mental strength not to commit suicide or go insane I must tell you

At some point faith would mean nothing to you, you just have to dig deep down and find that strength to hold on

That was what I did

Bro this your story is like a nollywood movie oh. I just showed your story to my brother and he felt so bad, even though we still have our challenges, yours is just too terrible , so many persons cannot survive this, seriously, you are a very strong man, I know it's not easy, but always know one thing in life, giving up is never an option. I really feel for your plight right now. I'm so sorry for everything that has or is happening to you right now.. Wish you a better 2020, Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by olarwhumy6(f): 8:10am On Dec 31, 2019
I lost my darling younger sister Nov 2 this yr, tears keep rolling dwn my eyes ever sinc, dnt knw how to get over this, so sudden! Shocking, painful.... It really hurts loosing a dear one, no words of consolation can heal the wounded heart, no amount of prayers can undo the deed.. All still look like a dream.. Jesus! I pray i never experience such again!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by 1EmmyKay: 8:11am On Dec 31, 2019
YelloweWest:

Why did u drop out?
no money to continue.. Only paid for the first year but second year i broke cos am the one sponsoring my self.. And nothing to do or who to call for help for money..so na to retract now my aim is to deal with this poverty beast come 2020.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Realtalk20: 8:12am On Dec 31, 2019
Jflex07:
Bro this your story is like a nollywood movie oh. I just showed your story to my brother and he felt so bad, even though we still have our challenges, yours is just too terrible , so many persons cannot survive this, seriously, you are a very strong man, I know it's not easy, but always know one thing in life, giving up is never an option. I really feel for your plight right now. I'm so sorry for everything that has or is happening to you right now.. Wish you a better 2020, Cheers!

Thank you bro , wish your brother happy new year for me
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by 1EmmyKay: 8:12am On Dec 31, 2019
Divay22:

What happened? How
I'm so sorry.
funds lack of funds to pay tuition.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by poka7(m): 8:13am On Dec 31, 2019
Alldrinksin9ja:
I lost a 5 months pregnancy i waited 10years to have!!!!
Jan 13, 2019 was a sad day in our lives but not as painful as seeing the salt of my life cry so much!!!!
Father Lord, i worship ur majesty cos no one can question u...
So sorry for that....same thing happened to me....my wife lost her 5 months pregnancy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply)

People Gather Around Madwoman In Aba To Get Lucky Betting Numbers (Photos) / A Snake In My Room! / Lady Killed By Heavy Rainfall In Onitsha, Anambra State. Disturbing Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.