Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? - Nairaland / General (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? (43306 Views)

10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 / New Year 2019 Celebrations Around The World / What Is The Most Painful Thing Anyone Has Ever Said To You? (read Mine & Tell Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by AmukuFord: 6:39am On Dec 31, 2019
I bought a 55 inch curve TV at the price of #205,000
Watched it like 3 months, lightening affected it's screen.
Anybody with useful information on how to get the screen fixed?
Polyster 55" curve smart TV
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Olamideayomide(m): 6:40am On Dec 31, 2019
Lost my grandma this year August.... May her soul continue to rest in perfect peace... Missing her cos she's my confidant

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by sinaj(f): 6:41am On Dec 31, 2019
Casemiro:

please what does the kolanut and pin do?

shed more light
it repels magic
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by ilyasom(m): 6:42am On Dec 31, 2019
[quote author=Realtalk20 post=85365621]My prayer is for everyone to learn some.measure of contentment

That was my biggest undoing

I was never satisfied, I felt I always deserved better

I felt I needed more , no matter how much I had

In my.mind I justified it as wanting to make sure my family never lacked when I got married but even that so called marriage never came to pass did it ?

Well ambition is good but when measured

I always switched jobs as I pleased , for bigger pay checks and benefits

I didn't care how my employers felt, im my mind after all if anything happens to me.they will replace me

Anyways that is that

This Christmas was the worst in years .

It's easy to hide behind past pictures on affluence on social media that's the benefit of having lived a life of luxury since graduation..

But there was no depth to any of it, it was all shallow like a sand castle that washes away at the slightest current

All it took for my.life to come crashing down was on push the Indian lady cheesy

Anyways that was how it all went

I have been having insomnia, for months , they say I have hypertension stage 2, though I finally quit smoking and drinking , but still haven't slept in a long while , I mean really slept in over six months .. it's been just those half awake sleeps that lasts for two hours

In Port Harcourt, now trying to clear my head and see what early next year brings , I missed alot of interviews cause of no where to stay in Lagos so I am looking at opportunities outside Lagos too

But not many are open to someone my age and with the experience I ha e sometimes they just assume you are too expensive and don't get back to you

Family is everything, you made a big mistake losing your contact with your family, they could easily have helped you get back on your feet.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by omotowo2: 6:43am On Dec 31, 2019
Teeboy15:

2019 wasn't particularly a good year for me.

March 22nd, two days after my mom's birthday I lost my immediate elder sister right before my eyes. God this hurts so so much..

I spoke with her till 11:48pm, she was full of life, never knew I would take her dead body to the mortuary the next morning.

How I wish I kept vigil with her.

Her six year old daughter's scream of 'my mommy, my mommy, my mommy' woke me up that morning.

I went to check my sister's pulse, didn't feel any, she was sleeping faced down. Was scared to agree with my conviction on what I thought it was until I summoned courage to flip her.

Lord have mercy, terrible urine smell oozed. My sister had choked. My own sister that I grew up with? Someone I spoke with last night? I was confused.

My breaking point was when my mom came to the hospital. She was looking at her daughter's dead body.

I almost died that moment.

Two months after I lost my job.

Things were hard.

Three month after I got another job, but it was filled deceit, had to stop.

Thank God for my family and my fiancé who have been wonderful and most supportive.

Been a very tough year but giving up is never an option.

Only thing I got is hope, that's the only thing I ain't giving up in my life

This is painful and it nearly brought tears into my eyes.

Sorry bro. You will be fine IJN
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by ilyasom(m): 6:43am On Dec 31, 2019
I lost 850k to a federal job that didn't materialise. I feel like ending it all.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by sinaj(f): 6:45am On Dec 31, 2019
khome:
Wetin the kolanut go do?
repels magic
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Fxwarrior: 6:48am On Dec 31, 2019
Jewingle:
Crypto

You lost money to crypto abi someone duped you through it?
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Fxwarrior: 6:49am On Dec 31, 2019
Incrediblepat:

I lost a job that pays me 1.5m - 2m a month
Now I jobless

Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by ohgaee(f): 6:50am On Dec 31, 2019
May God give us the strength to bear all loses and even greater strength for a better comeback.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by ronyman(m): 6:56am On Dec 31, 2019
So sorry bro. May God comfort you and yours
viva1103:
Its very difficult to type it but i lost my darling mum today.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Fxwarrior: 6:58am On Dec 31, 2019
telim:
Lost my big bro to hepatitis B. His I don't care attitude and putting much trust on shitty Nigerian doctor cost him his life.

What do you think he could have done differently?

It may not be only about what we lost but helping others avoid such losses will be more helpful. Thanks.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 31, 2019
Loosing my job was painful but loosing the Keke napep I bought with all of my investment after just few days of losing my job was heart wrenching. But 2020 would be good and I would come back to nairaland to share my story. Happy new year

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Twongee: 6:58am On Dec 31, 2019
I lost my beautiful mum 8th September, 2019. I day I won't ever forget. She was the only one left has a parent for me. God bless her soul.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Fxwarrior: 7:00am On Dec 31, 2019
Alldrinksin9ja:
I lost a 5 months pregnancy i waited 10years to have!!!!
Jan 13, 2019 was a sad day in our lives but not as painful as seeing the salt of my life cry so much!!!!
Father Lord, i worship ur majesty cos no one can question u...

So touching. cry
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by DoctorAbk: 7:00am On Dec 31, 2019
Nothing what was meant for me stay and what was doesn't meant left.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by SALTandFIRE: 7:01am On Dec 31, 2019
Britishcoins:
My Mum, she was the greatest lost in my life....
2019 is the worst year in my life.. I missed u mum... U are the best in the world, although u are gone but I feel ur presence anytime, ever since you died more doors of success have been opening...
This is what happens when you try to scam the unemployed and people
EFCC92:
Britishcoins Is A Bloody Scammer, Avoid Him, He Will Be Arrested Soon!

i don't have much to say here, but this guy is a scammer and always uses God's name, he claims to sell admob account, but if you fall for his trap, he will scam you, i am just waiting for him to return to his location.

he will tell you that he have verified admob account for sale, and later send you disabled login or newly created account.......

Avoid him at all cost...... i will update you guys about the case later!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Gforce2019: 7:01am On Dec 31, 2019
I loss my virginity this year. I'm so embittered...
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Gforce2019: 7:03am On Dec 31, 2019
ilyasom:
I lost 850k to a federal job that didn't materialise. I feel like ending it all.

It serves you right. U r part of the people that encourage illegality. Instead of the federal government to take people on merit , they will be selling slots for people.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by KIkiofure: 7:03am On Dec 31, 2019
johndavid1:
embarassed embarassedI lost my elder brother who is also a nairalander (kinem user name) on the 1st of December 2019 was about getting married this same month.. am so devastated right now..
It is well
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Swissheart(f): 7:05am On Dec 31, 2019
naturalwaves:

....... Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Thanks for all that you do for me Darl. Knowing God has brought you guys to me, I am convinced I'll be fine. I appreciate your supports always
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by KIkiofure: 7:05am On Dec 31, 2019
Mine was getting Pregnant and he denied the child because I never believed he could deny his own baby.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by alexola20(m): 7:09am On Dec 31, 2019
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by truvine(m): 7:09am On Dec 31, 2019
My Dad cry cry

I just pray God help me get over it in 2020
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Fxwarrior: 7:09am On Dec 31, 2019
Realtalk20:

Long story

Was offered a job abroad , work permit and accommodation I had to make some down payments for all . Was alot of 7 figures

Smh I just tire bro

Hit me so hard financially.. I believed I was relocating to start a new job... Based on international work resources grin

Sold off my assets , gave alot of stuff out like.santa claus

Liquidated everything I owned

Put off my.wedding to my fiancee all in excitement grin

She warned me and I shouted her down telling her how this was for us and how she didn't want me to go to the next level

I accused her of being selfish and just wanted us to do a wedding when she knew I needed to send money abroad to this company to finish processing

So I put everything into this, allmy savings , our combined funds,wedding money, sold my car , I was believed I was making initial mortgage payments on a home grin

And paying for fast tracked working permit and all grin

Look I don't want to remember all this

Omo I nearly commited suicide

She broke up with me after it turned to be a scam we did get back together briefly after some months but it was never the same and we ended it

Life huh?

God knew why he provided woman. Those beings can reason at least those that haven't turned slay mamas.

She saw through the scam.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Larryyybbb(m): 7:10am On Dec 31, 2019
A very close friend of my mine who is like a brother to me betray me in a hard way that makes me lost almost what I had.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by robinicule(m): 7:12am On Dec 31, 2019
lildonna:
I lost my son.
so sorry about that
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Geesanni: 7:17am On Dec 31, 2019
Holla me if u need Dubai Visa .my bro just came back.
tonididdy:
1.5m...fake Dubai visa

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by megacruise: 7:19am On Dec 31, 2019
Just yesterday (30th Dec. ) at about 3:00am I lost my dear father who showed no serious sign of illness after all the plans we have for the new year. It's pain...so painful. I watched him breathe his last. Chai.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by ProtectMyMoney: 7:20am On Dec 31, 2019
dquantom:
I lost my 3 years old daughter about 3 months ago. She was such a smart and intelligent child. Since her tragic death, I have not been able to have good sleep at night.

Coincidentally, tonight is one of the nights I have been experiencing sleeplessness. I was on the bed with eyes opened to the ceiling. I got up to keep myself busy on my phone and found this thread. God please help me to overcome this. I am worried. It is not funny losing a loved one.

Sorry to hear about this, but what happened to her that couldn't be treated or was it an accident?

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by MicroSweet(m): 7:21am On Dec 31, 2019
My 2019 started with a fresh memory, grieving and mourning of the loss of my younger sister who was buried in December 2018.

By May, my maternal granny and her oldest son had died and were buried.

In June, a 43" led TV I highly valued and bought at a very good price developed a major and irrepairable fault. I dumped it. It still hurts.

By August, I had lost and buried another Grandma, my paternal grandma. A 'real' grandmother, whom I used to live with. She died at 97.

As the year rolled by, a very industrious lady friend I had, died from post-operation complications of Appendicitis in November. Until her death, she awaited NYSC call up and had already established a thriving business. Her death shook me to the marrows. She was just 25.

As the year grinds to a halt, news filtered in that I had lost a good friend - a jolly good fellow, to a liver disease, and he left behind kids and wife. He died this December and is yet to be buried.

This is the story of my 2019 - the bad side of my 2019, though. I just had to 'pain' (or pen) it down so I'd let it off my chest. In all things, I give thanks to God Almighty.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

People Gather Around Madwoman In Aba To Get Lucky Betting Numbers (Photos) / A Snake In My Room! / Lady Killed By Heavy Rainfall In Onitsha, Anambra State. Disturbing Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.