Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,262 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? - Nairaland / General (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? (43264 Views)

10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 / New Year 2019 Celebrations Around The World / What Is The Most Painful Thing Anyone Has Ever Said To You? (read Mine & Tell Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 31, 2019
Realtalk20:

My dear I wait and contemplated suicide several times grin

I hit rock bottom bro , imagination can't even begin to

I quit my job with so much gusto based on this
Liquidated everything I owned after sending all the money they needed even for Lufthansa first class ticket or so they sent me. grin

I just dey ball around Lagos telling all my friends we should have on last hoorah before I relocate permanently

It was a five year work contract wages etc calculated fully plus allowances , I could bring my fiancee , after 6 months , men I was already imagining how our kids would be citizens and how they would thank me for not giving birth to them in Nigeria

I was just dashing property left right center feeling.funky like a Hollywood santa Claus grin

That's how I lost everything bro

From living in push Abuja to nothing grin

It's at this point you realize friendship is overrated

The friends I put up with from Abuja to Lagos each milked me for money while I was staying with them till I couldn't put up with it ..

This was how I moved from Abuja to three different locations in Lagos

Till I had no where to stay in Lagos , because excuses where either my wife's family is around or my sibblings came to visit or our home is too small

This isn't a joke bro .. brothers mostly resided outside Lagos and I didn't want to go back to Abuja out of shame and besides no where to stay

And I believed I would get a job in Lagos .. this is how I spent about three months crashing from one odd place to another , I could barely eat .. I missed so many interviews cause I couldn't afford to go and remember I was planning to relocate I gave out suitcases of clothes saying I would buy winter clothes there and summer ones in summer grin

Men it is like a bad movie ... I had been estranged from family for years cause I was doing very well and so was everyone else but worst still is I was a very very rude younger brother.. I virtually insulted all my elder ones at every opportunity to o er the years to the extent that my.elsest brother and I hadn't spoken in over eight years prior to this

I slept in empty shops in Lagos with my bag all my certificates and two pairs of jeans, four t-shirts , a face cap, lighter for company and spent time with a friend who had lost his wife some years earlier

He was struggling financially but I was always good to him sometimes in the past so he managed at some run down hotel in isolo where some nights he paid 2k for a cockroach infested room while other nights we slept in an empty shop on the street

This isn't a movie this was my reality .. and I was so ashamed because from graduation till date everyone always knew me as successful and I was estranged firm my family so which was was I to go?

Would that I could turn back the hands of time for you. I know how it feels to lose everything in the twinkle of an eye. I really do.

If you need a friend...
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by DukeNija(m): 10:51am On Dec 31, 2019
lildonna:
I lost my son.

Wow. Take heart, stay strong. It is well.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by centboy123456(m): 10:51am On Dec 31, 2019
Emaax43:
I lost my job and a large sum of savings to fraudsters. embarassed.. Thank God I'm Alive and I survived the year.. I shall recover it all. Ijn

bro how did it happen tell me
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Masking: 10:51am On Dec 31, 2019
Incrediblepat:

I lost a job that pays me 1.5m - 2m a month
Now I jobless

Same thing happened to me. Lost a 1.5m job within two weeks of getting it. That job was a grass to grace breakthrough. Receiving half d salary that month was one pain i can never describe. I already had a budget mapped out and within a whiff of breath, everything was gone.

At d end of every month since then, I'll count what should've been my salary a loss.

Still jobless and looking unto God for another bigger and better breakthrough.

I'm already rehearsing my gratitude dance, same way a footballer would should he score.

Good lord, I can't wait

7 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by KennieKingOba(m): 10:53am On Dec 31, 2019
Geesanni:
Chat me up on gee.koko@yahoo.com.au. So that I can invest.
check your mail sir! Thank you
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by centboy123456(m): 10:54am On Dec 31, 2019
katunboy:
Lost 120k to forex.

bro how do this forex works
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Rozaytee: 10:59am On Dec 31, 2019
telim:
Lost my big bro to hepatitis B. His I don't care attitude and putting much trust on shitty Nigerian doctor cost him his life.
the sad thing is most Nigerian doctors don't really know and understand how hepatitis b can be managed..dey will bombard u with grammar and drugs dat might not be needed ...RIP to him
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Sleevia: 11:03am On Dec 31, 2019
Realtalk20:

Congratulations on your good fortune bro

Happy for you
thanks man. Yours will come. Everything is a phase and a learning curve for.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by DonLala1(m): 11:05am On Dec 31, 2019
Lost a very dear friend like brother. Adieu Bayo Amosu. You will forever remain in our hearts. Adieu brother
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by centboy123456(m): 11:06am On Dec 31, 2019
StrikeBack:
700k misplaced goods
how did it happen bro
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by centboy123456(m): 11:12am On Dec 31, 2019
Jim99:
Lost 4.5m to wrong investments. That hurt me real bad

My worst year ever cry

what investments that made u loose that kind if money
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by StrikeBack(m): 11:22am On Dec 31, 2019
centboy123456:

how did it happen bro
Hard to explain and very hard for my business partners to grasp.

But it's all due to a silly mistake and I can also say I was very careless.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Babaalajo(m): 11:24am On Dec 31, 2019
damosade:
I got married April this year, lost my job Nov this year
this one is hard oooo
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Realtalk20: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2019
Sleevia:
thanks man. Yours will come. Everything is a phase and a learning curve for.

Most definitely brother

Just one staying positive irrespective

Thanks alot bro

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Realtalk20: 11:40am On Dec 31, 2019
UBGG:

Would that I could turn back the hands of time for you. I know how it feels to lose everything in the twinkle of an eye. I really do.

If you need a friend...

A friend is always welcome , thanks alot I can feel the kindness in your words even

I really appreciate

DM me let's connect on.whatsapp even that's fine
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by LimeLyte: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2019
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Adrenalinn(f): 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2019
I lost my manners. Lost the energy to be happy. I lost weight. I lost my best friend and confidant. So I've had to bottle up everything I would tell him. In the end I've lost myself.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Bahamas95(m): 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
YelloweWest:
Hand down the worst year of my life.
I lost my only younger brother cry
Ha! So sorry

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by marcus001: 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2019
I lost my mum and it's still very painful and unforgettable in my heart. Rest in peace mummy.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 31, 2019
Realtalk20:

Amen and bless you for this

I really appreciate all the kind words

Thanks alot
bro I thought I lost a lot but when I saw your post I just smiled and said I didn't lose anything. Bro I stay in a room and palour self contain in Lagos and whenever you are in Lagos and probably don't have a place to stay abeg message me ok and my apartment is available ok. Hopefully 2020 would be good for us all. Cheers bro and things would be great so. For us all

12 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Realtalk20: 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
adajiboyy:
bro I thought I lost a lot but when I saw your post I just smiled and said I didn't lose anything. Bro I stay in a room and palour self contain in Lagos and whenever you are in Lagos and probably don't have a place to stay abeg message me ok and my apartment is available ok. Hopefully 2020 would be good for us all. Cheers bro and things would be great so. For us all

Bro that's so kind of you.. I am trully humbled bless you bro will definitely take you up on this offer ..next year I am believing January will try things around so I just might give you a call

Bless you

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Scarpon(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2019
My blood sister scammed me of 326k
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Sleevia: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2019
Realtalk20:

Most definitely brother

Just one staying positive irrespective

Thanks alot bro
you are welcome. I made a lot of money fresh out of nysc when my mates were still thinking of submitting CVs , my first millions actually and squandered it. Then Buhari came and compounded issue. My head correct by force.

But we are still here, alive and kicking...

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Sleevia: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2019
Scarpon:
My blood sister scammed me of 326k
shocked sad
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Realtalk20: 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
Sleevia:
you are welcome. I made a lot of money fresh out of nysc when my mates were still thinking of submitting CVs , my first millions actually and squandered it. Then Buhari came and compounded issue. My head correct by force.

But we are still here, alive and kicking...

Yeah bro we are still.hwre alive and kicking

It is well bro

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by DebTem(f): 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2019
2019- worst year for me.

I lost my mum to the cold hands of death on 16th of May...a day AFTER my birthday... After battling stroke for 5years.

I'm still in shock.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

People Gather Around Madwoman In Aba To Get Lucky Betting Numbers (Photos) / Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin / A Snake In My Room!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.