Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers (8234 Views)

To My Yoruba Brothers / Question For My Yoruba Brothers & Sisters / I Weep For My Yoruba Brothers, The Man Finally Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by DMerciful(m): 2:11am On Dec 29, 2019
Nobody is dragging 'indigenousness' but constitutional provisions will be respected insofar the constitution is in place
Osaze007:

Yes something must give but indigenous is not part of it smiley
So all this your fantasy ain’t changing the original owners of Lagos the Yorubas
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Osaze007: 2:12am On Dec 29, 2019
DMerciful:
Nobody is dragging 'indigenousness' but constitutional provisions will be respected insofar the constitution is in place

My dear all this gibberish your typing is a waste of my time
Yoruba will continue to own their Lagos be rest assured igbos won’t.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by DMerciful(m): 2:17am On Dec 29, 2019
Nobody is dragging Lagos. But tell me which right someone from Osun State has ahead of someone from Imo state in Lagos? All elective position is based on popularity. Owning of houses is a matter of buying lands if you have the money and Igbos is well represented here. What else? Relocating markets is normal for development besides Igbos normally keep their eyes on the ball which is the money to be made!
Osaze007:

My dear all this gibberish your typing is a waste of my time
Yoruba will continue to own their Lagos be rest assured igbos won’t.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Osaze007: 2:30am On Dec 29, 2019
DMerciful:
Nobody is dragging Lagos. But tell me which right someone from Osun State has ahead of someone from Imo state in Lagos? All elective position is based on popularity. Owning of houses is a matter of buying lands if you have the money and Igbos is well represented here. What else? Relocating markets is normal for development besides Igbos normally keep their eyes on the ball which is the money to be made!

This is why igbos face hostility where they settle . You don’t study the people you settle in
Maybe in Igbo land you people lack the concept of common wealth which I won’t be suprised as abia state once sacked non abia igbos from its civil service

Or your being deliberately mischievous because you think Yorubas contributed to your defeat in civil war so now you must “avenge” them by taken over their land

Yorubas see themselves as a collective
That’s why awolowo an Ijebu man can grow his influence across Yoruba speaking territories even in kwara
They don’t work with state creation

Same thing with MKO an Egba man

Same thing with Tinubu an Isale eko man who has grown his influence beyond Lagos to all Yoruba speaking states

A Yoruba man can go anywhere in a Yoruba speaking area and be into their politics
Akin oyebode from osun state was a special assistant in ekiti then moved to Lagos then back to ekiti

Amosun ibikunle is half ogun and oyo

That’s how Yorubas operate and it’s important to study that

So an osun or kwara man in Lagos is simply enjoying the perks of being a Yoruba man same thing a Lagos Yoruba will enjoy in osun or kwara

However that privilege doesn’t extend to you igbos Or non Yorubas basically

So you can’t compare an Igbo man from imo to a Yoruba man from ekiti in Lagos

Do you speak the same language with them !
No you don’t

And besides economic impact
Lagos has the most house of rep seats in Yoruba land
Any attempt an contesting for it is seen as a declaration of war on Yoruba interest .(part of the reason they dumped GEJ) was your incursion into Lagos politics
Hence the hostility you face among Yorubas !
And they will do anything possible to ensure it’s untouched

And if Tinubu becomes president you can be rest assured that lust your people have over lagos he will evaporate it quickly !

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by DMerciful(m): 2:50am On Dec 29, 2019
You only mentioned elective position which I acknowledged but it's based on popularity. Most Igbos in SW speak Yoruba! When full electronic voting come in place, elections as you know it will change. You said whether Igbos are trying to revenge the Biafra war by collecting
lands? Stop being funny, there were a lot of Igbos in Lagos before independence including Ojukwu's father. The ratio of Igbos in Lagos will only increase unless Nigeria is balkanised
Osaze007:

This is why igbos face hostility where they settle . You don’t study the people you settle in
Maybe in Igbo land you people lack the concept of common wealth which I won’t be suprised as abia state once sacked non abia igbos from its civil service

Or your being deliberately mischievous because you think Yorubas contributed to your defeat in civil war so now you must “avenge” them by taken over their land

Yorubas see themselves as a collective
That’s why awolowo an Ijebu man can grow his influence across Yoruba speaking territories even in kwara
They don’t work with state creation

Same thing with MKO an Egba man

Same thing with Tinubu an Isale eko man who has grown his influence beyond Lagos to all Yoruba speaking states

A Yoruba man can go anywhere in a Yoruba speaking area and be into their politics
Akin oyebode from osun state was a special assistant in ekiti then moved to Lagos then back to ekiti

Amosun ibikunle is half ogun and oyo

That’s how Yorubas operate and it’s important to study that

So an osun or kwara man in Lagos is simply enjoying the perks of being a Yoruba man same thing a Lagos Yoruba will enjoy in osun or kwara

However that privilege doesn’t extend to you igbos Or non Yorubas basically

So you can’t compare an Igbo man from imo to a Yoruba man from ekiti in Lagos

Do you speak the same language with them !
No you don’t

And besides economic impact
Lagos has the most house of rep seats in Yoruba land
Any attempt an contesting for it is seen as a declaration of war on Yoruba interest .(part of the reason they dumped GEJ) was your incursion into Lagos politics
Hence the hostility you face among Yorubas !
And they will do anything possible to ensure it’s untouched

And if Tinubu becomes president you can be rest assured that lust your people have over lagos he will evaporate it quickly !
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Osaze007: 3:00am On Dec 29, 2019
DMerciful:
You only mentioned elective position which I acknowledged but it's based on popularity. Most Igbos in SW speak Yoruba! When full electronic voting come in place, elections as you know it will change. You said whether Igbos are trying to revenge the Biafra war by collecting
lands? Stop being funny, there were a lot of Igbos in Lagos before independence including Ojukwu's father. The ratio of Igbos in Lagos will only increase unless Nigeria is balkanised

Go and do the popularity contest in abuja or kaduna in areas where Igbo are a sizeable community
Your not from a state of origin that’s Yoruba
and may I ask why is it only you igbos that are so interested in Lagos ?
I don’t see ijaw Hausa even we Benin that once controlled it
What is the lust on Lagos about ?

And did they tell you yoruba population will decrease in Lagos ?

If anything Igbo women are being absorbed into Yoruba culture
By the time half of your kids in Lagos are Yorubas who I turn will most likely marry Yoruba, half of your Igbo settlers in Lagos today will be wiped into Yoruba ness in 2 generations case in point Joe Abbah

That’s what Yorubas did with Nupe settlers.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Nobody: 3:05am On Dec 29, 2019
Kapeter:
If you think you are a fighter and you want to defend right, there are Yoruba states where the governments are not performing to standard, we are Yoruba, state creation cannot limit us, all Yorubalands belong to every Yoruba souls even unborn except we stop bearing same identity. Go and fight in these states, go and protest in these states, let's focus our energy on only Yorubaland rather than wasting it on an effort which is not worth it(yes 'One Nigeria' is not worth it because we all have different ideologies, the ibos are unitary in nature, the hausa/fulanis are nomadic and would rather use their energy developing their religion than to develop theirself). So stop wasting your time on Nigeria, we have a blessed land here, let's force it to develop, let's put all that energy we've been puting in 'One Nigeria'.

And if you think this advice is too tantamount or something, rather go into politics so we can classify you as a politician than to waste your blood for 'One Nigeria' and bringing Yorubas shame as no one would be sending you.

Secondly I'm glad many of us have eventually grown to see the rot and ruins in this their 'One Nigeria', where our lands are presently isn't where we ought to be, but as long as our lands destiny is tied to 'One Nigeria' we can't move more forward than it. Lagos, Ibadan were all brought back down by that unitary government as we all know these two cities were far gone amongst their peers during the regional government, but look where they both are today, all in ruins because Nigeria itself is in ruins. If we don't do something about our own lands because 'shebi Nigeria itself is bad' then it will forever be a shame upon us.

We must come together to push for regional government, this way we can have our own govt to hold responsible not this very style where there are many tribes holding the FG for developments, we face ourself squarely and nothing more. It's either regional or total disintegration, whichever one that favours the rest of them.
Regional government is not the answer. The leader will be a former druglord and bullion van merchant, so we will still be back to square one.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by DMerciful(m): 3:26am On Dec 29, 2019
Lagos is the economic capital of Nigeria and anywhere there is money to be made, we are in.

All hail one Nigeria grin
Osaze007:

Go and do the popularity contest in abuja or kaduna in areas where Igbo are a sizeable community
Your not from a state of origin that’s Yoruba
and may I ask why is it only you igbos that are so interested in Lagos ?
I don’t see ijaw Hausa even we Benin that once controlled it
What is the lust on Lagos about ?

And did they tell you yoruba population will decrease in Lagos ?

If anything Igbo women are being absorbed into Yoruba culture
By the time half of your kids in Lagos are Yorubas who I turn will most likely marry Yoruba, half of your Igbo settlers in Lagos today will be wiped into Yoruba ness in 2 generations case in point Joe Abbah

That’s what Yorubas did with Nupe settlers.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Osaze007: 3:31am On Dec 29, 2019
DMerciful:
Lagos is the economic capital of Nigeria and anywhere there is money to be made, we are in.

Typical of Igbo to divert when dished the truth
Lagos belongs to Yoruba period
That’s why aboki took away political capital from there.

No amount of Igbo wishful thinking will change it

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by DMerciful(m): 3:37am On Dec 29, 2019
You are going in circles. Owing or not owning does not provide food for the owners, everybody staying in lagos must work to stay alive. And in any society, the hard and smart workers make the most money!
Osaze007:

Typical of Igbo to divert when dished the truth
Lagos belongs to Yoruba period
That’s why aboki took away political capital from there.

No amount of Igbo wishful thinking will change it

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by leokid866: 3:48am On Dec 29, 2019
DMerciful:
Why do you take the actions of one person to mean the entire Igbos? Was Aguyi Ironsi voted by Igbos to be head of state? A military person that came to power after coup cannot be said to represent Igbos. If you say Igbos destroyed regionalism, do you think if you fight for Oduduwa republic today, Igbos will oppose you? Your answer will tell you who is opposed to regionalism in truth!

Lol but when he was in power all your people kept quiet and supported his reign......nobody from the east ever protested as to how he rose to power or how he should transfer to a democracy.....nobody said a word until he was killed then all of a sudden it became they hate us....they can't stand our progress.....give us biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Gandollaar(f): 3:51am On Dec 29, 2019
Kapeter:
you've exhausted my attention.
Then run along.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Osaze007: 3:52am On Dec 29, 2019
DMerciful:
You are going in circles. Owing or not owning does not provide food for the owners, everybody staying in lagos must work to stay alive. And in any society, the hard and smart workers make the most money!

This one is a time waster you don’t own Lagos it belongs to Yoruba and you don’t own enough lands to effect any socio political change period
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Kapeter(m): 3:56am On Dec 29, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Regional government is not the answer. The leader will be a former druglord and bullion van merchant, so we will still be back to square one.
won't it be better if you reserve your energy for what's worth. Let Yorubas concerned themselves with who'll lead them after.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Osaze007: 3:59am On Dec 29, 2019
Kapeter:
won't it be better if you reserve your energy for what's worth. Let Yorubas concerned themselves with who'll lead them after.

The typical Igbo man puts Yoruba issue over his own

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Kapeter(m): 4:06am On Dec 29, 2019
Gandollaar:
Then run along.
it's my thread dear.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by leokid866: 4:08am On Dec 29, 2019
DMerciful:
You wrote an open letter so its public already. Secondly, running for office in areas that are not your ancestral lands is consistent with regionalism. The Bush family members were governors in several US states even though they are from Texas. It's about popularity. Let me agree that Ironsi killed regionalism(even though he was not voted by Igbos but came in through coup), what stops us from restructuring today? Was it not Tinubu and Osinbajo that said restructuring is not necessary but good governance and fight against corruption?
Yes they said that, but have also stood for true federalism....and at different points asked for increase in the resource control of states which has now taken effect.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Kapeter(m): 4:08am On Dec 29, 2019
Osaze007:

The typical Igbo man puts Yoruba issue over his own
its normal of them. That was how they focused all their energy on Tinubu and Yorubaland while fire almost razed down their biggest city from the map. They are obsessed.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Gandollaar(f): 4:10am On Dec 29, 2019
Kapeter:
on a normal day i don't reply drunks. But you replying me from Yorubaland forced me.

I will like you to know that both Ondo and Lagos are member of Dawn Commision, an organization that oversee the affairs of Yorubaland, don't you think you ijaws should bring the fight now before we secede with the two state? It might be too late for you then.
Na wa ooo

If I hear war drums been beaten by a Yoruba, I will go back to sleep - IBB
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Osaze007: 4:12am On Dec 29, 2019
Gandollaar:
Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Kapeter(m): 4:14am On Dec 29, 2019
Gandollaar:
Na wa ooo

na wa o

Ibos can be bought, sold and re-bought again - IBB

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Gandollaar(f): 4:14am On Dec 29, 2019
Kapeter:
it's my thread dear.
Haahhahahaha.. your pet project.

Infact, I shared the thread link with my yoruba mooslim friend, he was so blessed that after reading it he accepted Jesus as his Lord and personal saviour! grin
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by leokid866: 4:15am On Dec 29, 2019
Adaibeku:
A common market Tout oluomo is now ur role model tufiakwa unu cry
Please tell us how Jonathan is better or was it not from one of mama peace bar where he sharking Star and trophy that they dragged him to come and run as deputy governor?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by ForbesHomesNG(m): 4:16am On Dec 29, 2019
Kapeter:
na wa o

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Kapeter(m): 4:16am On Dec 29, 2019
Gandollaar:
Haahhahahaha.. your pet project.

Infact, I shared the thread link with my yoruba mooslim friend, he was so blessed that after reading it he accepted Jesus as his Lord and personal saviour! grin
i understand it's a rent free something.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Osaze007: 4:17am On Dec 29, 2019
Kapeter:
na wa o

grin grin
Ibos are all noise ... no substance - Gen Abacha
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Kapeter(m): 4:22am On Dec 29, 2019
Osaze007:

grin grin
Ibos are all noise ... no substance - Gen Abacha
chai, ibo don suffer. Even buhari call them 5%.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by leokid866: 4:23am On Dec 29, 2019
DMerciful:

Theres a point in there you don't see....money is fluid and flexible and can be made anywhere even in the desert.....it doesn't have to be in Lagos....the only reason Lagos is the economic capital of Nigeria is because we have sensible and sensitive people at the helm of affairs. That title can easily go to any igbo land If they just got their shit together.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Osaze007: 4:24am On Dec 29, 2019
Kapeter:
chai, ibo don suffer. Even buhari call them 5%.

Igbos carry 5% political relevance in Nigeria - President Buhari

Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by Kapeter(m): 4:25am On Dec 29, 2019
Osaze007:

Igbos carry 5% political relevance in Nigeria - President Buhari
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by leokid866: 4:35am On Dec 29, 2019
reality1010:

The Igbo people don't want Yoruba people to ask for what they r asking. In the past we v seen how both people agreed on an agenda such as the confab in resource control and other things but when the time came for reality,almost all the Yoruba state abandoned their position and followed the north. The Yoruba noise has been regionalism but OBJ came and all yorubas joined and abandoned it. Osinbanjo and Tinubu claimed apostle of regionalism and restructuring. Before 2015, the kept presenting papers and making stories on these parts, but the moment they gained power,it was abandoned. Yoruba people starting speaking against it,even Yoruba pastors etc spoke against it and started attacking the Igbo people as wanting to destroy the country. And everyone was surprised. We understand Igbo positions, Hausa positions but Yoruba positions r fraudulent. Yoruba people should first be sincere to themselves before telling us what they want.

But you know currently all states have been given control over their miniral rights.
Re: Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers by leokid866: 4:39am On Dec 29, 2019
DMerciful:
But you understand Lagos was Nigeria's capital for decades built with Nigerian money. Ibadan was the capital of western region and it was Ibadan that was built with western resources. Lagos is Nigeria's investment for Nigerians
In that case please go and claim abuja.....cause according to your line of thought it is for Nigerian built with Nigerian money

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

UNGA: Buhari Departs Abuja For New York / People With Disabilities Storm APC Secretariat, Drum Support For Yahaya Bello / New Reforms Aided Crackdown On Drug Lords – NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.