Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist (57326 Views)

Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist PART 2 / Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by predatorX: 1:17am On Dec 31, 2019
englishmart:
Let me just pretend you've encountered God.

In Shao Khan's voice...............................BRUTALITY

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Macdav(m): 1:32am On Dec 31, 2019
I ain't gonna say you should or shouldn't remain a Christian, but trust me, God exists!... The greatest religion in life is LOVE!! believe in God and be good to humanity..

My two cents!.

May you find peace with yourself!....

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Pataricatering(f): 1:59am On Dec 31, 2019
Don’t u people ever get tired of making excuses for failure ? Meanwhile when ur sharing fake testimonies we won’t be hearing all these excuses !
Acehart:
You seem not to have read the Bible cover-to-cover. It is very glaring right from the first pages of the Bible that Children of God suffer. You should read Psalms 73 to see what we, the children of God, go through when we see the wicked enjoying while we suffer.

From what I insinuated earlier, you read the Christian scriptures sparingly but you sound like you know the word of God page to page (but it has disappointed you).

Suffering achieves two things for the children of God:

1. To expunge the love of sin in us. This is when suffering comes as judgement (discipline).

2. To bring out the nature God made us for. (This is what many call the Gethsemane experience. Gethsemane means Garden of pressing. (There was an oil press factory in that garden)).

The two points seem like the same except that point two makes the Child of God become helpless and makes his total hope to be on God. Our old, unreformed, nature is hostile to God. After becoming saved, that nature still lingers. God uses suffering to remove that nature and leaves us with the pure nature he made us in - the nature of Christ.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Pataricatering(f): 2:00am On Dec 31, 2019
And u chose Nigeria ?
Roycemadeit:

Yes, they choose.
And let me add no one is ever alienated from God
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by khia: 2:14am On Dec 31, 2019
@ the Op, those people who died in the Holocaust were not God's people.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by predatorX: 2:14am On Dec 31, 2019
Acehart:
Mark 9:7 Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is My beloved Son, listen to (only) Him!"

This is one of the most important verses in the Christian scriptures. The Father expressly told the apostles not to pay attention to the words of Moses or that Elijah. If you have read the Holy Bible up to this point, your natural reaction will be to “delete” every word of Moses and the sections concerning Elijah in your Bible. Moses himself had stated that a greater prophet than him will come whom the people should listen to. Every contradiction that you think exists in the Bible exists when you juxtapose what men said with what God Himself said. Today, we lay a lot of emphasis on Moses’ words and actions that we face a lot of spiritual anxiety. Instead of vilifying Elijah’s bloodletting, we glorify his heinous act.

Does God exist? Checkout your fingerprint login on your phone; no one in this world of over 4 billion people can have access to your phone except you - that is some excellent design there if you would think about it.

The God of Heaven is a sovereign God; He does as He wishes and because He is excellent, He does all things well and knows all things well. Prayer is not a “genie-effect”. If someone who is mightier than you and knows more than you is before you; and you could make a request before such a one, your words will be with exquisite submission. But you have not recognized the true God’s character.

Finally, I’d like to ask: what is your value in the universe?

There is a beginning! Something created the beginning. You and I do not know what did, so it is an IT and not a HE. And it is definitely not a religious GOD so stop looking at creation through the myopic views of Christianity.

God is Nature. Nature is Energy, and Energy is all around us that is why IT is Omnipresent, Omniscient, Omnipotent.
The JEWS with their limited intellect at the time, understood this as YAWEH and personified IT masculine as HE/HIM. They began adding a lot of myths and chronicles to the mix. Then, the Europeans with their twisted tongues and language barrier misinterpreted this as JEHOVAH and then began conducting crusades and conquests allover the globe "in the name of the Lord". That is the beginning and current state of religion in summary.

So, to answer your final question........Our value in this universe is let other life-forms, other beings - whether plant or animal, let them feel your impact positively and expect no gratitude. Your only reward is self-satisfaction
Do you know that the earth which you currently draw life from has been in existence for about 6.4Billion years, and that life-forms have gone extinct 6 times?
The rule of Nature is "take what you need and not what you want"...........Obey this simple law and you would not need any Bible or Qu'ran, nor Pastor nor Imam to help you live a fulfilling life.

I conclude by agreeing with the OP. I do not think he wants to be an Atheist in the real sense of it because every atheist finds it difficult to answer this one question. Can something exist from nothing? If the answer is NO, then that pre-existing entity is a creator. Unfortunately, religion adds a whole new dimension to the idea of the creator and creation, and this is what confused me then, yet confuses the OP.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Roycemadeit(m): 2:17am On Dec 31, 2019
Pataricatering:
And u chose Nigeria ?

Yes, life is about creating, experiencing. Life isn't come, do and go forever. We chose our family, our country even our complexion. If you understand that as spirit we don't die, that as spirit we are part of God, you will see that our life is forever and all this Nigeria talk wouldn't matter. At the end, you'd go to another place for another experience. No spirit is young, what is young is our bodies. Residue of our past life's we see in form of dreams.

Do you know that your family, those you have around you as friends too, you all have met in different life times? I need not say more. Understand that nothing is ever an accident.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by predatorX: 2:21am On Dec 31, 2019
khia:
@ the Op, those people who died in the Holocaust were not God's people.

Interesting!!!!!

how do you identify "God's people"?
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by midnighter(f): 2:22am On Dec 31, 2019
SmellingAnus:
you deliberately ignored our conversation... Lol

No lol I started responding but I had to think about what you wrote since it was quite sensitive.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Roycemadeit(m): 2:23am On Dec 31, 2019
whitelotus:

Everything, including my excrement? Shite? Feces?
you suppose he is not?
You are actually limiting God. You are seeing her as a human. Lol. Congratulations.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Roycemadeit(m): 2:27am On Dec 31, 2019
midnighter:
You need to learn how to study a text in context. You dont just pick out random verses and compare them and expect them to still make sense to you.

People study theology for years to be able to preach the Bible with wisdom and youre here plucking random verses out of thin air and talking of atheism smh
That's why our pastor's have not written another Bible? They study the one from thousand years ago. Lol
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by themonk(m): 2:42am On Dec 31, 2019
midnighter:

No lol I started responding but I had to think about what you wrote since it was quite sensitive.
kiss
Can't get over.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Preetychina22(m): 2:45am On Dec 31, 2019
Acehart:
Mark 9:7 Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is My beloved Son, listen to (only) Him!"

This is one of the most important verses in the Christian scriptures. The Father expressly told the apostles not to pay attention to the words of Moses or that Elijah. If you have read the Holy Bible up to this point, your natural reaction will be to “delete” every word of Moses and the sections concerning Elijah in your Bible. Moses himself had stated that a greater prophet than him will come whom the people should listen to. Every contradiction that you think exists in the Bible exists when you juxtapose what men said with what God Himself said. Today, we lay a lot of emphasis on Moses’ words and actions that we face a lot of spiritual anxiety. Instead of vilifying Elijah’s bloodletting, we glorify his heinous act.

Does God exist? Checkout your fingerprint login on your phone; no one in this world of over 4 billion people can have access to your phone except you - that is some excellent design there if you would think about it.

The God of Heaven is a sovereign God; He does as He wishes and because He is excellent, He does all things well and knows all things well. Prayer is not a “genie-effect”. If someone who is mightier than you and knows more than you is before you; and you could make a request before such a one, your words will be with exquisite submission. But you have not recognized the true God’s character.

Finally, I’d like to ask: what is your value in the universe?
Nothing mind blowing about that. Science has done more. The QR Code is a good example of unique identification techniques made by science.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by WebSurfer(m): 2:54am On Dec 31, 2019
cooltola:

Ok wish you the best

and you too. also, in realistic knowledge
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Preetychina22(m): 2:56am On Dec 31, 2019
Roycemadeit:

Yes, it might have been consciously or it was determined by my actions in a pastlife.
Always skeptical.
By past life, do you mean before the British colonial rule and amalgamation or before? Lol cheesy
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by midnighter(f): 3:02am On Dec 31, 2019
Obi1kenobi:
There is not a single person in this thread who is waiting for God to come down and personally rule Nigeria into an age of prosperity. The unserious arguments here based on strawman distortions of the arguments of your adversaries are coming from you and you're projecting that unseriousness on others. The only serious context of that comment was on the futility of religion in a country where everyone is a zealous religionist, but can't translate their faith into substantive progress. If their faith is real, we expect to see it validated in wisdom and competence and cooperative harmony and mindfulness and selfless, altruistic service to the community, and virtuous living and transparency and accountability and everything that makes good leadership and engaged followership in a working, functional society. That is how we expect faith to manifest in our society if divinely guided. Not strawman arguments about God or Jesus personally coming down from heaven or something.

This is repetition. I have already explained twice why I interpreted the guys comment in the way I did. You are the one attacking a strawman by refusing to acknowledge the fact that that guy evaded the question of individual/collective/corporate/national responsibility in his post, and trying to offset the balance by responding seriously to what was clearly sardonicism.

He exaggerated first, and I exaggerated second, yet you only have a problem with what I wrote because of your inherent bias and not because you are more rational than I am.

Separating our responsibilities from God's is the point and not meaningless posturing about distortions and projections when the fact is that we are seeing the results of human failure and not His.

If faith is real, you expect to see it validated by behaviour. If faith is real, I expect to see it validated by behaviour. So where is it? Why does being a zealous religonist necessarily equate to having "real" faith? Do you know what "faith" is?

Youre not even making sense. You stated that faith is whatever one thinks it is and still gave specific parameters for what actual faith in practice looks like! Is it not confusion

Being "neat and orderly" is a humanistic value of harmonious societies, so Japanese or Korean or Finnish or Scandinavian people aren't neat and orderly because it's some kind of religious duty. ANd you're correct that failing at this is our failure. Again, you're stating obvious things that nobody is arguing against and missing the crux of the argument. The crux of the argument being in what ways are our society materially transformed by all the religiosity? I went to missionary schools as a child where everyday, we had to recite "Prayer for Nigeria in Distress" and "Prayer against Bribery and Corruption in Nigeria". Every single day. I've been reciting these stuff even before perfecting my reading in nursery and early primary school. I just used to listen to people mindlessly chant the prayers in church and I could recite it. Over 2 decades later, and these prayers are still chanted in Catholic masses all over Nigeria and we're still as much a corrupt and as wretched and miserable a shiithole as we've ever been for decades. So why not simply be engaged citizens who try to reform or revolutionize the system with mass action? Why even bother praying about it when the efficacy of that is pretty much zero influence level?

This is also repetition. And youre talking outside of the point; that Japanese people arent neat because of Christianity does not mean that Christianity doesnt promote neatness or inculcate it in its adherents. There are many ways to skin a cat.

I will try reading your post again later to see if I can glean anything different from it but right now I do not understand how this has progressed from our previous posts.

You literally keep moving further and further away from the original issue, like a bunch of concentric circles. You did this in our last interaction too so maybe its part of your style or something but I personally cant see the purpose of it. Your writing doesnt make sense to me.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by midnighter(f): 3:08am On Dec 31, 2019
k4kenny:

Why do sins need to be atoned for. Why does god need an innocent human sacrificed to atone for the guilty? Can't he just simply forgive? If forgiveness has to be conditional, then it's not forgiveness anymore, it's basically some kind of revenge.

Parts of the Bible may be divine. But it has been written and rewritten over the centuries by men to fulfill their theological desires. The result of this is a book filled with errors and inconsistencies. How could God have created light on the first day, the sun and moon on the fourth? If these monumental errors, which science has come to disprove, are wrong, why then should we believe other parts of the same book?

Sins need to be punished. If you understand God as much as you claim to, you should understand that its against His nature to abide with sin. Forgiveness is not the point. He can forgive you but He still needs the sin to be paid for. Are you saying that your parents simply "forgave" you all the time when you were growing up, with no consequences?

You shouldnt use emotive language like "conditional forgiveness" and "revenge" to try to distract away from the point. God is a just god and feels righteous anger against sin and iniquity.

Your second paragraph is not closely connected enough with what we were discussing to warrant a response from me unless you can explain how it is relevant. I did not deny the existence of errors or inconsistencies in my previous post so I dont understand what you wrote there.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by midnighter(f): 3:18am On Dec 31, 2019
PrecisionFx:
More like its possible for someone to commit evil, not everybody.

Who has never committed evil? Ever?
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by themonk(m): 3:25am On Dec 31, 2019
midnighter:

Sins need to be punished. If you understand God as much as you claim to, you should understand that its against His nature to abide with sin. Forgiveness is not the point. He can forgive you but He still needs the sin to be paid for. Are you saying that your parents simply "forgave" you all the time when you were growing up, with no consequences?

You shouldnt use emotive language like "forgive" and "revenge" to try to distract away from the point.

Your second paragraph is not closely connected enough with what we were discussing for me to respond to it.

You are basically saying there are things God cannot do? Which is forgive and erasing repercussions, which is basically what humans do for one another.

If God has to randomly or systematically allow repercussions for sins and cannot forgive man without the spilling of the blood of his son, it means there are physical and universal laws he cannot tamper with and those laws are above him isn’t it?

The idea that God believes he was not created makes him an atheist, imagine a situation another God shows up and say. I’m the one that created this God you guys worship and the universal laws he must obey are under my command.

It is crazy to think that the Bible is infallible, except most things there are figurative, I mean some verses directly contradict the others. Sorry to say but if the Bible is literal, it is complete junk, if it is figurative how does “God” expect us to figure out the true meaning when almost different denominations interpret it differently even when they all claim to be under the same holy ghost.

I have come to understand and experience spiritual and paranormal parts of life but honestly most religions are junk. Come to think of it, A god inspires this book which everyone must follow or they burn in hell regardless of the degree of exposure or familiarity they have with this book, this book copied the concept of a son of God of immaculate conception who came to die for the world from ancient Egyptian religions and has so many contradictions.

In my experience most people who believe the Bible just want it to be true the moment you sincerely read the Bible without bias and with an open mind you see holes in it. I mean starting from modern scientific discoveries up to direct statements and these contradictions or inaccuracies are recurrent.

I know there is a spiritual part of life but most religions are lame attempts to explain it and more likely attempts to enslave people.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by WebSurfer(m): 3:27am On Dec 31, 2019
BalogunIdowu:

Sadly this is the first comment and I wondered how it got many likes.

Bro, well the concept of God is well explained in Islam and how things work in life and the principles that guides them.

I hope you'll retrace that being an atheist isn't the solution to all the above.
People are not only wiser now but there is good knowledge for the ones who want to learn out there
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by WebSurfer(m): 3:32am On Dec 31, 2019
DAVE5:

You want use me learn how to insult abi

When you argue with a mad man, people from a distance won’t know who’s who

Well, I leave you to your fate so I won’t be misconstrued by people from a distance

Like you earlier stated, I’m an illiterate and you’re literate, probably the wisest man to walk the earth, who knows
You are the mad man who thinks insanely here realistically
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by midnighter(f): 3:35am On Dec 31, 2019
themonk:
You are basically saying there

You dont get it. Its not a law thats above Him; its a condition that goes against His nature. Oil and water dont mix. God and sin dont mix.

I did not deny the presence of contradictions or errors. I do not deny that the idea of sacrifice is common in ancient mythology. That a text has been rendered incorrectly does not make it false. That an idea is popular or found elsewhere does not make it false.

The Bible contains several different genres of writing. Some of it has been taken by some as metaphor. That does not mean that it no longer applies.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Distinguishy(m): 3:52am On Dec 31, 2019
[quote author=englishmart post=85307086]1.Jesus is the only way to God, John 14:6
This invariably means those who don't believe in Jesus have no business in heaven.
Christians worldwide have an estimated population of 2.4billion people
Islam records an estimate of 1.9 billion adherents, Hindu has an estimated 1.1bn adherents. The remaining world's population have their own beliefs which includes atheism.
If Jesus is the only way to God, what happens to those who don't believe in him? Hell? Well, the Bible suggests so.

2. There are a lot of complications and contradictory remarks in the Bible- a verse says don't drink, another says "Drink for your stomach sake", or "Do not drink wherein excess."
Malachi 3:10 a famous Bible verse on tithing speaks about bringing your tithe to the storehouse (church, maybe)
Deuteronomy 14:22-26 says otherwise, it says "you should drink and be merry with your tithe". I'm seriously beginning to doubt the credibility of the Bible. Maybe the translators' fault or God told writers different stories on the same issue. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John's account of Jesus and see real contradictions.

3. Does God answer prayers? Well, I'm not really sure about that. Someone might be suffering from malaria, the person takes drugs and still prays, the drugs work, but the person thanks God. Or a successful surgical operation, instead of thanking the doctor, they thank God. Some illnesses that would have been treated led to deaths because a certain congregation who were supposed to take the ill persons to the hospital, circled around praying. Faith without work isn't it still dead?
I remember when I had stomach ulcer, it was really terrible, I prayed and made several promises to God that if He took away the ulcer, I'd drink no more alcohol and will be more devout in worshipping Him. That didn't solve anything though, I stopped drinking and took to taking my drugs more seriously. Weeks later, I was well. I returned to drinking and after a few months, the ulcer resurfaced. That was when I realized I really needed to quit drinking. Prayers wouldn't have solved that issue.
I spent 80% of 2019 at home because of my misgivings about God's existence.
I really wish I could be convinced about God's existence because I'm not even happy to be away from Church because of the views of friends and family.

[b]4. Children of God, or so called children of God tend to suffer more tribulations, hard times and desperate moments, a lot of them scream "Vanity upon Vanity" when secular people live in luxury or spend extravagantly. God tends to turn his back on those who worship Him especially when they need Him most.
The 1933 Holocaust and mass murder of Jews to the tone of 6m was a clear indication that God turns His eyes against His people
Repulsive comments are highly welcome

Bro I will give you a few points to chew on
1) God does not see death the way we do. Death of a his children is just a home coming. Yes it hurt us humans but A better place is prepared
2) God hears all prayers but he allows something's to happen to teach you some lessons on value for things, human effort, how to use your discretion. If God answers all prayers, doctors will be useless, Armed Forces would be useless, in short you will be dead because someone somewhere hates you and prays you dead. Your own biolgical father does not always grant your wish or demands for a reason known to him does that make you doubt his paternity to you? No. If your mother refuses to give you stuff at times would you claim she may not be your mother?
Jessica were killed so was all his disciples did heaven fall? Jesus himself was killed God could interfere and show himself all strong and mighty but he was calm.
Bro tread carefully in your quest for answers, don't mislead the growing hearts in God. Just seek God personally and he will reveal Himself if you sincerely want him
Shalom Distinguishy

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by themonk(m): 3:54am On Dec 31, 2019
midnighter:

You dont get it. Its not a law thats above Him; its a condition that goes against His nature. Oil and water dont mix. God and sin dont mix.

I did not deny the presence of contradictions or errors. I do not deny that the idea of sacrifice is common in ancient mythology. That a text has been rendered incorrectly does not make it false. That an idea is popular or found elsewhere does not make it false.

The Bible contains several different genres of writing. Some of it has been taken by some as metaphor. That does not mean that it no longer applies.

Which of these two should go against your nature?

1) Forgiving and forgetting someone’s sins without repercussion.

2) Sending your son to die on the cross in a horrendous manner so you can forgive humans.

Is this even a question?

Human sacrifice that incurred more sins from those who sacrificed Jesus. I mean this is a God who encouraged slavery in this book you speak of, encourage some tribes of humans to go and kill other tribes even though he supposedly created both of them but he loved one more, this is unjust isn’t it? The Bible cannot be a moral compass, I mean Christians that have the guts to even argue irk me. I don’t like to argue with people about religion but I’m so concerned when people try to convince others it is a moral compass or a coherent, informative and infallible book of justice. Stick to your religion and just believe that things you see there you will get to understand later. Except you have any esoteric knowledge about the Bible or you read another bible different from the one I read or you just ignore the holes like most people do please just have faith that what you believe will be just and truthful and at the appointed time God will reveal everything to you.

Yes, miracles and divine manifestations work through the Bible but it also worked through ancient religions. In Igbo land they where bad and good native doctors and in Christianity there are pastors that kill their enemies and even neighbors and pastors that don’t. Some might argue that these pastors are possessed by evil spirits lol, these people haven’t read the Old Testament. The thing is if you are smart enough this should tell you that this thing is deeper than you can imagine. Go out and do research and compare what you believe with reality, theoretical and arm-chair Bible arguments don’t work.

All my life I’ve always questioned why things happen and try to compare what happens with theories the Bible proposed and it has never matched up. I am not saying the Bible is wrong, I’m just saying I’ve not found any reason for it to be right. Please let this not discourage you from being a christian, just don’t be a sheep. If you are stimulated by your spirit to ask questions ask them, if not please don’t, maybe it’s your destiny to take the blue pill and not the red one.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Acehart: 5:54am On Dec 31, 2019
Preetychina22:

Nothing mind blowing about that. Science has done more. The QR Code is a good example of unique identification techniques made by science.

Hi. I was referring to his own unique fingerprint on his ten fingers and not technology.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by englishmart(m): 5:58am On Dec 31, 2019
MiltonFine:
What if Apostle John was just another over zealous disciple of Christ? Did you know that the gospel of John is the one that calls Jesus God?-John 1:1.Trust me you wont find it anywhere else except in a scripture written by John if there's any at all. Did you also know that John was the only gospel account where Jesus said 'I and the father are one'?(John 10:30) Did you also know that the doctrine of trinity is based only on the account written by John? (1 John 5:7) What if John was to Jesus as Lai Mohammed is to Buhari? What if....No offense. Just thinking out loud.
I think you're on point. But what's his need for being overzealous? Jesus was gone already before he wrote his book. Do you need to impress someone who's not supervising you?

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by orisa37: 6:03am On Dec 31, 2019
Your 4 Reasons are why Mother-Eve became Evil.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by englishmart(m): 6:04am On Dec 31, 2019
luckingto50:
We are waiting for the day you will write this trash about Quran... Your head will turn to ball for soccer.
so they will come to my house and behead me? SMH

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by englishmart(m): 6:11am On Dec 31, 2019
nwizy:

I love questions like this. I can't type too much, so bear with me. Okay let get down to the drug aspect: who is the creator of the chemical components used in producing antimalaria drugs? Nature or a supreme creator? If it's nature, then it must assume it has brain on its own to function, decide and automatically create things that can relate to human desires( 100% fallacy).
And if it's a creator, then what kind of creator? The creatures are not meant to fully comprehend its creator, because He would seem too known and hence seizes to become one. So what can history tell us about a creator? Through books and other means.
However, we have different religions pointing to different books believed by its followers. So among these books, which one of them shows us the true beauty of love from God at the highest order of death? Koran, Bible, or other books? To me without been biased: the Bible did.
Be liberal my friend and find the truth yourself. So since there is a creator of things known to heal, then all Glory should go to him through His Son of pure love( find out which of the proclaimed sons died for you and follow Him ardently). Thank you.
thank you very much for the explanation

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by SmellingAnus(m): 6:12am On Dec 31, 2019
midnighter:

okay babe
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by englishmart(m): 6:13am On Dec 31, 2019
Obinoscopy:
There's No contradiction. The phrase: "in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name" is the Church. So you and your household is to spend your tithe in the Church.
spend it in the church not give to your pastor? Just asking

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by englishmart(m): 6:16am On Dec 31, 2019
midnighter:

You are not making sense my friend...why do you think missionaries risk everything to get to far-flung corners of the earth to preach the gospel if they didnt know this already?
anybody can choose to embark on any journey they deem fit. It doesn't mean the journey is correct

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply)

‘No Controversy Over My US Election Prophecy’ - TB Joshua / Virgin Mary Miracle Of The Sun In Lagos On 28th Oct. 2017 (Video) / 10 Reasons Why God Doesn't Exist Today, Tomorrow And 4ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.