Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist (57213 Views)

Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist PART 2 / Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by mrollyB: 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
Acehart:

You didn’t answer the part of ‘what your value in the universe is?’ Let me tell you what your value is: on your street, you are a nobody; on your job, you are tool; in your country, you are nameless; in your family, your value isn’t worth much; amongst your friends, when life turns on you, you don’t exist. The only person that makes you seem like something is God; and you want to turn your back on Him? And to Him as well, you are nothing yet He acknowledges you.

Jesus Christ was called the Son of God and sometimes, the Son of David. The word “Son” means “(Just) like”. But the part that interests me now is, Son of David, Just like David. David made a promise to Jonathan. He fulfilled that promise in his son, Mephibosheth. Mephibosheth lived in a desert(y) place just like Saudi Arabia. Due of the promise made, David searched out that boy in a place like a desert where there were no roads or means of communication. Just like David, so is Christ: He has made a promise to save even to the most remote places. The Christian scriptures show that Christ, the Son of God, reaches people through the following means:

1. Conscience.
2. Dreams.
3. Preaching done by men.
4. Preaching done by angels.
5. Nature.
6. Pointers from sundry religions. Etc.

I have lived for quite a while and what I have noticed is: many people have dreams of terrifying masquerades chasing them. One thing I have seen to be common to those who have such dreams are these questions: what should I do for these dreams to stop? Who will save me from these masquerades so that I don’t see them again in my dreams? These dreams drive them to search for a savior. The Book of Romans says that God has implanted something in all men that they may search for Him. What He has implanted in them makes them to question their communal way of life, history, environment and religious affiliations, so that a man can know God for Himself. Their search for Him doesn’t have anything to do with being a Christian but has everything to do with meeting God and being at peace (with Him). God starts this search, and He definitely has set the end of that searching process. Remember that those wise men (Magi) weren’t Christians yet they came to worship Christ after they were led by a Star. (Magi are star-gazers just as Muslims gaze at the moon).

God can not be limited by a building or community; only the heart can contain Him, yet the heart is not big enough. God called all men to Christ and not religion. He is not unjust to let people be born in anti-Christ neighborhoods without creating a perfect way to save them in Christ.

Know God for yourself. Read the scriptures and delight yourself in every word that came out of the mouth of Christ alone.

What happens when he said he was not sent to anybody, but to the lost sheep of israel. The Jews that he was as well. If he can say that by himself what else.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 12:56pm On Dec 31, 2019
themonk:

I am not an Atheist. I didn’t bother to read other things you wrote because you make wild assumptions or you collectively lump everybody who questions your religion as atheists.

When people don't read/learn they don't improve/awaken and become stuck in a lot of misconceptions. Enjoy your ignorance my dear
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by mrollyB: 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
englishmart:
I'm only considering becoming one, not one already.
Brother there is God, the only thing that is questionable is that word religion. I have alot of questions,research and facts that I will need to open a thread for in both two major religion Islam and Christianity.

The formulation of Christianity alone and alot of people who died before they could agree on the same thing on different topic is alarming. Lots and lots of Gospels were removed from the Bible that is why is not complete till today. How many disciples does Jesus have. How many of them are in the Bible gospel. Mark luke John Peter and Mathew . How many accounts of event correspond to each other. How many years was Christianity founded after Jesus Christ. Where was it formed. This and lots will be discussed.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2019
Roycemadeit:

Hitler made Heaven grin

Please don't be cryptic. I would appreciate clarity. As it is I can't tell if this is sarcasm or a cryptic suggestion or seriousness or just a joke.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by pressplay411(m): 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Ur white ancestors passed it down to u and ur fellow Christians.

My ancestors arent Adam and Eve so they didnt pass down anything to me

How are you sure? Cos you don't know the names of your ancestors.lol
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by themonk(m): 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2019
midnighter:

Like I said, you have to go back and look at the context first; there is no need for me to start railing about it.

What translates as "slave" now is not necessarily what it pertained to back then. You have to look at the family and social structures of ancient Israel before jumping to conclusions.

The culture of a nomadic, agrarian, tribal nation in ancient times, fighting wars over water and resources, defending kingdoms and all that stuff cant be looked at with a 21st century eye. And plus, God seeks to maintain justice and order in our fallen world by taking a firm stand against evil. Sometimes wars are necessary though not ideal.

Dont you think that behaviour has a context? In times of old in Igboland, neighbouring clans would pray before going to war, slaughtering and capturing each other. Does it mean that Igbo deities are automatically evil in and of themselves, looking back? Does it stop us from naming ourselves with "Chi" and "Chukwu"?

God did not change in the New Testament. He simply showed us another aspect of His character. The message of love and reconciliation is just as important as that of retribution and punishment and besides Jesus still showed his righteous anger against wrongdoing. And the Jews were under Roman occupation and not even fighting anything anywhere!

Its okay.

I think Ive already answered the pastors/ native doctors stuff. The point is not that other religions are all evil or devoid of spirituality, the point is that our stance with can only be justified via Jesus' atoning sacrifice. Man is spirit and so always yearns to connect with God, but he cant! Unless He accepts the blood of Jesus to cover the stench of his sin.

If you keep reading the Bible without any technical guidance you will keep asking the same kind of shallow and wrong-footed questions youre asking here and thinking that they invalidate the message when they dont even scratch the surface.

On a normal day I would not respond to this because it does not directly answer any questions I posed. It just beats around the bush and gets to nothing.

I am not jumping to conclusion. I have read the Bible severally and God directly instructed a particular tribe to go to war against another tribe repeatedly and even gave them power to kill other tribes. I am going to ask you direct questions now.

Did God enable humans to kill each other?
Is this character consistent with someone who is loving?

You say slavery was different back then. I actually did a bit of research to see if maybe slavery meant a maid or something but no. Slavery is the act of acquiring your fellow human being as property, here is a Wikipedia link that talks about it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_slavery

Direct questions would be:

Did God enable humans to own each other as property?
Does this exemplify someone who is just?

God could have just told Abraham to free all his slaves and that would save people from a lot of pain and show his just behavior. The summary of this whole thing is that the God of the Bible cannot be trusted to do what is right and if there is an esoteric knowledge that explains how this things are just please let me know. You keep talking about “context” and “guidance”, various versions of Christians have interpreted these contexts differently over time.

None of Early Christian writers ever said that stars falling down from the sky into the earth as was said in revelation was figurative. But when science discovered that those stars are are so so bigger than earth they changed the narrative to these stars means the great men of earth or another version would say the fallen angels. There is no consensus among bible scholars and christian denominations about meaning of these things so I will say they are either under different holyspirits(which is supposed to interpret the Bible) or the Bible is literal in which case it is junk.

Please I need you to explain or justify a God enabling or encouraging slavery and tribal wars. Show me how these things are justified or point me to a place I can read about it. Please only point me to materials by sane authors.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2019
midnighter:

You would have to expand on your original statement first

The world is a terrible place. Sure, you can see beauty here and there, but the overwhelming experience of it is horrifying. Whilst some tend to insist that all the evil or negative experience in the world is a consequence of human excess, this is neither true nor sustainable. Natural disasters, diesease, and the very spectre of our mortality speak enough to this point.

Some also insist that we have a pre existence and chose to come here. Whilst this is possible, I am not sure it is something that can be asserted with proof. What we are left with is the scenario where we suddenly find ourselves in this world with no prior memory simply dumped into what is for all purposes a cesspif of misery.

No matter how beautiful you might imagine life to be, aside from the fact that it is pitifully ugly and cruel for other people who form the majority, there is always the spectre of death awaiting us all. Again I know some people insist that there is an after life, but again, who knows this as a fact?

Consequently my question is what right does any creator have to put conscious beings through such misery and for what purpose in which they don't have a say? For me the defense of God's sovereignty is not sufficient because you are speaking of conscious beings here. If the only defense is God's sovereignty, then in the immortal words of Christopher Hitchens, why would we applaud a celestial dictatorship? A celestial North Korea?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by themonk(m): 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
healthserve:

When people don't read/learn they don't improve/awaken and become stuck in a lot of misconceptions. Enjoy your ignorance my dear

Sorry bro but you are not ok. You are the one who doesn’t read because if you read you will know I’m not an atheist. If you read and comprehended what you quoted you would not have responded in that manner.

Why I didn’t bother talking much with you is your type do not read and comprehend so anything I write will be a waste of my time. Enjoy your junk knowledge my dear.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
DeepSight:

The world is a terrible place. Sure, you can see beauty here and there, but the overwhelming experience of it is horrifying. Whilst some tend to insist that all the evil or negative experience in the world is a consequence of human excess, this is neither true nor sustainable. Natural disasters, diesease, and the very spectre of our mortality speak enough to this point.

Some also insist that we have a pre existence and chose to come here. Whilst this is possible, I am not sure it is something that can be asserted with proof. What we are left with is the scenario where we suddenly find ourselves in this world with no prior memory simply dumped into what is for all purposes a cesspif of misery.

No matter how beautiful you might imagine life to be, aside from the fact that it is pitifully ugly and cruel for other people who form the majority, there is always the spectre of death awaiting us all. Again I know some people insist that there is an after life, but again, who knows this as a fact?

Consequently my question is what right does any creator have to put conscious beings through such misery and for what purpose in which they don't have a say? For me the defense of God's sovereignty is not sufficient because you are speaking of conscious beings here. If the only defense is God's sovereignty, then in the immortal words of Christopher Hitchens, why would we applaud a celestial dictatorship? A celestial North Korea?

Another misguided fellow on the loose. Trust me if God comes down every moment to fix each humans errors, God will never sit down and would even die from exhaustion and the whole creation him.

Even Newton theoriticized action and effects are directly proportional

Let's let God be please. Its the devil that damaged the world not God. And God isn't to be blamed for creating us all. Show some respect

As a man who's company had crashed with lots of money lost, I knew my wrongs and improved on them. I didn't look up to blame God.

The next time you hit a rock examine all your actions before then. Perhaps you'll notice God wasn't /isn't responsible for mankind problems and shouldn't be carrying a mopstick behind us slaving behind dealing with our messes.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2019
themonk:

Sorry bro but you are not ok. You are the one who doesn’t read because if you read you will know I’m not an atheist. If you read and comprehended what you quoted you would not have responded in that manner.

Why I didn’t bother talking much with you is your type do not read and comprehend so anything I write will be a waste of my time. Enjoy your junk knowledge my dear.

Read your first response to me. And do the needful.

Again your ignorance/atheism doesn't bother moi. I only printed out your errors to avoid misguiding confused ones coming behind.. wink
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by k4kenny(f): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
themonk:

First, right off the bat. I'm not an Atheist and I have no recurring interest in criticism of religion. I'm just motivated to do it today.

You have come to substitute the Christian story with your own Muslim story which honestly is more ridiculous maybe except for the figurative big bang theory it supposedly talked about. Let me not even go into the story of how most religions turn literal things into figurative expressions so they can fit into mordern societal beliefs and they can in turn say their holy book prophesied it.

So scientists have said they do not know what caused the big bang, let us just say you are correct and it is "God" that as you said "Exists outside the universe" that caused it. So who created this God that exists outside the universe? Let us say he exists in another universe or in a multiverse. Who created this multiverse? Someone might show up tommorrow and say your own "God" was created by him and this multivelse is his own "Garden of eden", isn't it?

The idea that you say it is God because a book told you that one of the Gods out of about 4200 God's that existed throughout history Created the universe is ridiculous. I mean Egyptians, Greeks, African Traditional religions had their own convincing stories. But you own is the one who created the universe, how convinent? The reason your own created the universe is because you were born into a family of Muslims or on a rare occasion you got converted to Islam. This is why the Christian also believes his own God created the universe.

Don't even start by telling me all religions have the same God because God obviously told you guys different stories and gave you different books.

Scientists have opined that the concept of creation, of being came as a result of the big bang. What force that caused this cannot subject to it's effect. So God is the Creator that is not created..

Who created the multiverse? He's Rabbil alameen ( Lord of the Worlds)

Anyone that says that their God created the universe should come forward with substantive proof. Besides the big bang described in the Qur'an, the Qur'an also mentions how mountains are like stakes to stabilise the Earth, how iron was sent down, how the moon is a reflective light and many more. These were revealed centuries before science discovered these facts. Note the the Qur'an is not a book of science.

No, I'll never tell anyone that all religions have the same God. I've studied the concept of God in most religions, honestly none makes much sense except Islam. I'm not saying this cos I'm Muslim. I wasn't even raised Muslim.

Read the book :The bible, the Qur'an and science by French scientist Dr. Maurice Bucaille, where he compared both books from a scientific perspective.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
pressplay411:

How are you sure? Cos you don't know the names of your ancestors.lol

Nope, I know the names of my ancestors. u have used white people to replace ur ancestors, good luck with that.

How are u sure that those 2 white people are ur ancestors?
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 1:56pm On Dec 31, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Nope, I know the names of my ancestors. u have used white people to replace ur ancestors, good luck with that.

How are u sure that those 2 white people are ur ancestors?

Just the man I'm looking for before I quit una forum

Hey bro can I ask you a question?
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by k4kenny(f): 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2019
Daejoyoung:

I think we are not understanding each other here. l am saying that the bible was never taken to be dictated word of God from the very beginning. lt was always known to be written by man but useful for our information about God and our learning. lt is not even one single book, it is a library of books chosen by jews and Christians themselves. ln christianity most especially, the gospels are not from jesus, they are biographies about him written 40-50years after his death.
Anything written by man can have errors, it doesn't mean there's no truth in it.
You are the one who say Quran is authored by God, so the Islamic religion is a stricter religion of the book than Judaism and Christianity.
Jews and Christians can agree that their books have errors and that men authored it, but for muslims they must accept the entire quran as the word of God himself, and all muslims must believe this, which to me is a bigger problem for islam.

It's not a problem for us. Were indeed glad to have such a gem in our lives. It's a treasure you keep exploring. The linguistic miracles, facts later discovered by modern scientists and some recent discoveries (eg male and female is mentioned exactly 23 times each. We have 23 male and female chromosomes). These things make us have a deeper appreciation of our religion and it strengthens our faith.

Again how can you be sure a book authored by men with errors can be absolutely factual about God?
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by k4kenny(f): 2:01pm On Dec 31, 2019
WebSurfer:

Look at everything around you. If it doesn’t amount to a force from nature

Ok undecided
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by midnighter(f): 2:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
themonk:

On a normal day I would not respond to this because it does not directly answer any questions I posed. It just beats around the bush and gets to nothing.

I am not jumping to conclusion. I have read the Bible severally and God directly instructed a particular tribe to go to war against another tribe repeatedly and even gave them power to kill other tribes. I am going to ask you direct questions now.

Did God enable humans to kill each other?
Is this character consistent with someone who is loving?

You say slavery was different back then. I actually did a bit of research to see if maybe slavery meant a maid or something but no. Slavery is the act of acquiring your fellow human being as property, here is a Wikipedia link that talks about it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_slavery

Direct questions would be:

Did God enable humans to own each other as property?
Does this exemplify someone who is just?

God could have just told Abraham to free all his slaves and that would save people from a lot of pain and show his just behavior. The summary of this whole thing is that the God of the Bible cannot be trusted to do what is right and if there is an esoteric knowledge that explains how this things are just please let me know. You keep talking about “context” and “guidance”, various versions of Christians have interpreted these contexts differently over time.

None of Early Christian writers ever said that stars falling down from the sky into the earth as was said in revelation was figurative. But when science discovered that those stars are are so so bigger than earth they changed the narrative to these stars means the great men of earth or another version would say the fallen angels. There is no consensus among bible scholars and christian denominations about meaning of these things so I will say they are either under different holyspirits(which is supposed to interpret the Bible) or the Bible is literal in which case it is junk.

Please I need you to explain or justify a God enabling or encouraging slavery and tribal wars. Show me how these things are justified or point me to a place I can read about it. Please only point me to materials by sane authors.

You dont need to respond to me Sir, you need to go back and read. Youre going outside of the point because you are basing your questions on a wrong foundation; thats what Im trying to explain to you.

I dont deny that you may have read the Bible severally. I said you needed guidance. Reading the Bible from cover to cover a million times without the original context for every single book, translation guides, different perspectives, interpretations, philosophies is not going to help you. People study these things for years before they are able to understand it.

They dont just read it and take all the words on face value because its not a novel; its a historical text with so many different reference points and circumstances. You sound like you have never heard a decent sermon from a trained clergyman before. Or you are not a church-goer? Have you just been reading the thing like a storybook and waiting for inspiration or what

Any preacher worth his salt will explain passages that sound at odds with how we live our lives today. Using the context.

You keep asking the same unintelligent questions because you dont want to acknowledge that your life bears absolutely no resemblance to that of a nomadic peasant living in the Middle East thousands of years ago. So how would the Bible make any sense to you on first principles??

What is the meaning of "slavery"? What was a slaves position in Israelite society? What rights did a slave have? Why were Jews allowed to own them? What was the purpose of the enslavement? What laws were enacted concerning owning slaves? This is what you should be asking and not futile mewling about "owning another human being".

Do you know if, at some point in the future, it will be considered "wrong" for your father to say that he "owns" you? Why have the West totally abandoned the concept of paying a bride-price in marriage, while we choose to continue with it? Would it be fair for the whites to say we are "selling" women here Or "demeaning" them, or treating them as "property"? The context of an action within a particular culture is the important thing here and not arguing in absolutes because something offends your own sensibilities. That the Bible gives licence or provisions for certain practices does not mean that it necessarily approves of them.

"God could have just told Abraham to free all his slaves and that would save people from a lot of pain..." This very statement shows that youre speaking out of ignorance. Abraham should free all his slaves and then what? Who will do all the work? Who will take stock of food and provisions from the harvest? Who will account for his expenditure and budget? Abraham who had no children until ...? Lol seriously what are you talking about

God provided laws and regulations to improve the treatment of slaves and protect their interests instead of enacting something that wouldnt be realistic in the society He was presiding over.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
k4kenny:

It's not a problem for us. Were indeed glad to have such a gem in our lives. It's a treasure you keep exploring. The linguistic miracles, facts later discovered by modern scientists and some recent discoveries (eg male and female is mentioned exactly 23 times each. We have 23 male and female chromosomes). These things make us have a deeper appreciation of our religion and it strengthens our faith.

Again how can you be sure a book authored by men with errors can be absolutely factual about God?

I wished I was younger. I wanted to engage you today after reading your recount of the creation of the world. But... Simply put, do a wider search of the creations account is what I can say..
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
healthserve:

Just the man I'm looking for before I quit una forum

Hey bro can I ask you a question?

U are free to do so
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2019
PrecisionFx:

U are free to do so

On our last interactions you spoke about snake bite antidotes that comprises of over 300 snake venom mixed together. I'm wondering if I can be directed to where I can buy them as I seriously and urgently need this product
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2019
healthserve:

Another misguided fellow on the loose.

I would be hesitant to jump to conclusions if I were you: one thing I should mention if it helps is that the questions I put forward are not suggestive of what I think about God so much as they are meant to question a particular conception of God. As I mentioned to another poster somewhere up there, I personally believe God is the Source of all other existence and all other realities and as the Source, is beyond remote and therefore absolutely unknowable for a human.

Trust me if God comes down every moment to fix each humans errors, . . .

If God is the creator of humans, human errors are the responsibility of God.

. . . God will never sit down and would even die from exhaustion and the whole creation him.

Can God die? I trust you mean this in a sarcastic and metaphorical way.

Even Newton theoriticized action and effects are directly proportional

What human actions account for natural disasters such as Earthquakes or Tsunamis? Or droughts which led to famine in the past?

Let's let God be please. Its the devil that damaged the world not God.

Well, if God created this Devil, God is also responsible for its deeds, particularly if you believe that God is omniscient.

And God isn't to be blamed for creating us all.

Why? Does the concept of responsibility not apply to God?
God is not responsible for God's deeds? If so, please let me understand why.

Show some respect

Do you think that God requires respect?

As a man who's company had crashed with lots of money lost, I knew my wrongs and improved on them. I didn't look up to blame God.;

Good on you - and thats the right path - nevertheless I trust you are aware that there are tragedies in the world which no human action or deed could have triggered or stopped?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 2:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
DeepSight:

I would be hesitant to jump to conclusions if I were you: one thing I should mention if it helps is that the questions I put forward are not suggestive of what I think about God so much as they are meant to question a particular conception of God. As I mentioned to another poster somewhere up there, I personally believe God is the Source of all other existence and all other realities and as the Source, is beyond remote and therefore absolutely unknowable for a human.

If God is the creator of humans, human errors are the responsibility of God.

Can God die? I trust you mean this in a sarcastic and metaphorical way.

What human actions account for natural disasters such as Earthquakes or Tsunamis? Or droughts which led to famine in the past?

Well, if God created this Devil, God is also responsible for its deeds, particularly if you believe that God is omniscient.

Why? Does the concept of responsibility not apply to God?
God is not responsible for God's deeds? If so, please let me understand why.

Do you think that God requires respect?

Good on you - and thats the right path - nevertheless I trust you are aware that there are tragedies in the world which no human action or deed could have triggered or stopped?

The moment your understanding rests upon a combative narrative, even the Bible would confound you. The problem is understanding, perspective and wrong foundational mindframe hence whatever is poured in becomes toxic.

Fix the mind and the eyes and then clarity can be attained.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Roycemadeit(m): 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
DeepSight:

Please don't be cryptic. I would appreciate clarity. As it is I can't tell if this is sarcasm or a cryptic suggestion or seriousness or just a joke.
I'm serious cheesy
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2019
healthserve:

The moment your understanding rests upon a combative narrative, even the Bible would confound you. The problem is understanding, perspective and wrong foundational mindframe hence whatever is poured in becomes toxic.

Fix the mind and the eyes and then clarity can be attained.

I dont know where you have seen anything combative.
Ah well, your choice.
Have a nice day, and a happy new year.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
Roycemadeit:

I'm serious cheesy

The smileys arent helping!

grin
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
DeepSight:

I dont know where you have seen anything combative.
Ah well, your choice.
Have a nice day, and a happy new year.

Trust me Salvation is yours to loose not mine. Self absorption perpetuates darkness/ignorance/flawed logics/wrong beliefs/wrong turns as evidenced in the entire length and breadth of your earlier hypothesis

When awakened beings engage one another, awareness and spiritual awakeness stands to be gained. If lost, ignorance continues to dominate
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2019
healthserve:

On our last interactions you spoke about snake bite antidotes that comprises of over 300 snake venom mixed together. I'm wondering if I can be directed to where I can buy them as I seriously and urgently need this product

According to my doctor friend, Anti snake venom used in Nigeria are imported from Great Britain. He said its available in Most big hospitals in nigeria.

I dont know if its sold anywhere
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by k4kenny(f): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2019
midnighter:

Ive explained it already, thats what Im trying to tell you.

If you understood that God is a righteous God you wouldnt be complaining about conditions and vindictiveness and all that other stuff, because its totally beside the point. Holding somebody accountable for their actions is not "vindictive".

Its insincere to suppose that God just forgets everything you do because He is too weak to stick to His principles. Kindness and mercy is not an excuse for you to get away with things, is it It is used in some cases, but its not a given. Grace is not a given!

You even mentioned "trying hard" to repent and not commit the same sin again. This is why youre getting it wrong. No matter how hard you try, you will always fall short of God's perfect standard. This is why you and I, and every human on the planet, need an intercessor.

And saying that "we were created with imperfections" is wrong according to Islam. I thought you people said that every human was born perfect until society later corrupted them So where does the corruption come from?

And what is God going to do about it?

Thats what you keep failing to answer because you havent fully understood the nature and severity of the problem of sin and by extension you havent grasped how impossible it is for God to be able to accept it in His presence.

What principles is your God sticking to?

Islam never stated we were created perfect, perhaps you misunderstood whoever told you. What Islam states is we were all born with a natural disposition (fitrah) to worship 1 God. But society changes this perspective as we grow. If you'll open your mind and search for the truth it'll come to you by the permission of Allah.

@bolded nothing is impossible for God, change that notion now!!!! In fact this is why I say our ideas of God are completely different. The biblical God rested after 7 days of creation, claims to be omnipresent, yet didn't know Adam had eaten from the tree, regretted creating humans shocked. Regret means helplessness(what an insult), also needs a human sacrifice to forgive sins lipsrsealed I can go on and on. You religion actually diminished the greatness of the Creator and you guys aren't paying attention.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Roycemadeit(m): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2019
DeepSight:

The smileys arent helping!

grin

Why do think he might not have?
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 2:15pm On Dec 31, 2019
PrecisionFx:

According to my doctor friend, Anti snake venom used in Nigeria are imported from Great Britain. He said its available in Most big hospitals in nigeria.

I dont know if its sold anywhere

Help me ask him abeg. I'm in the midst of a 2000 acres reserve and since the day I saw that comment I've been scared for my team

Perhaps I should consider importing it too. embarassed
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
healthserve:

Trust me Salvation is yours to loose not mine. Self absorption perpetuates darkness/ignorance/flawed logics/wrong beliefs/wrong turns as evidenced in the entire length and breadth of your earlier hypothesis

When awakened beings engage one another, awareness and spiritual awakeness stands to be gained. If lost, ignorance continues to dominate

No offense, but I have interacted with quite a few awakened beings. You dont come across as one. Too much adversarial assumption and judgment filters through from you.

I really was interested in having a decent chat. But you have shut it down, thus i said. . . happy new year.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by midnighter(f): 2:23pm On Dec 31, 2019
k4kenny:
[/b]

What principles is your God sticking to?

Islam never stated we were created perfect, perhaps you misunderstood whoever told you. What Islam states is we were all born with a natural disposition (fitrah) to worship 1 God. But society changes this perspective as we grow. If you'll open your mind and search for the truth it'll come to you by the permission of Allah.

@bolded nothing is impossible for God, change that notion now!!!! In fact this is why I say our ideas of God are completely different. The biblical God rested after 7 days of creation, claims to be omnipresent, yet didn't know Adam had eaten from the tree, regretted creating humans shocked. Regret means helplessness(what an insult), also needs a human sacrifice to forgive sins lipsrsealed I can go on and on. You religion actually diminished the greatness of the Creator and you guys aren't paying attention.

Okay; we can agree to disagree.

(By the way, I didnt say anything was impossible for God. Read the sentence again and try not to take things so literally)
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 2:23pm On Dec 31, 2019
DeepSight:

No offense, but I have interacted with quite a few awakened beings. You dont come across as one. Too much adversarial assumption and judgment filters through from you.

I really was interested in having a decent chat. But you have shut it down, thus i said. . . happy new year.

It's yours to lose. It took me thorough review of study of human history of over 4000 years to get to where I am so I have learnt not to argue when the need calls. Interaction yes, arguement nope. Its pointless to me to argue..... As it proffers almost no benefits....

The first exhibit of an awaken soul is receptivity of a myriad of viewpoints which was grossly deficient in your posts shutting the possibility of an interaction, which most times degenerates into spiral back and forth arguments. And with that viewpoint in mind there was no need for cross examination of facts of anykind

Trust me I read your posts over and over and laughed. I was at that point around 15 years back. Perhaps time will avail other opportunities and more interactions but then if the foundation is flawed, what then can what's rests upon it however erect be called, a flawed construct bro wink

The more receptive the mind /soul can be, the clearer mental-clarity and better understanding of facts. With this said God in His omniscient knowledge can permit a mixture of gods, principalities, false gods by so doing creates a context where those who must approach must test varying concepts of who He is and then embrace the resultant discovery. The deeper the quest is, the more rewarding the search and its aftermath becomes. Hence the soul profits ultimately from the chaos of finding the true God

The see clearly and accurately. To see with accurate precise, lotus has to be white, crisp white.. .. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Arrives Cyprus For A Crusade (Photos) / What Women Pass Through In The Hands Of Fake Prophets(pictured) / David Ibiyeome's Church To Become Largest Auditorium Worldwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.