Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist (57447 Views)

Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist PART 2 / Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2019
Roycemadeit:

Why do think he might not have?

To start with, the precepts of heaven and hell do not particularly feature within my worldview.
I do believe in continuing life though.

Secondly, if (and only if) you believe in a "heaven" why do you say Hitler is there - perhaps this is in line with your expressed thoughts that all souls have always been worthy, that all events are part of the soul experience, and that there is neither wrong nor right per se?
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2019
healthserve:

The first exhibit of an awaken soul is receptivity of a myriad of viewpoints

I think you need to read this 100 times a day, everyday for the next ten years. Read it until you discover the plank in your eye, good brother.

Trust me I read your posts over and over and laughed. I was at that point around 15 years back. Perhaps time will avail other opportunities and more interactions but then if the foundation is flawed, what then can what's rests upon it however erect be called, a flawed construct bro wink

This is just arrogance. As I said, it filters through from you. Arrogance, presumption, and a very negative energy.
I wish you luck though.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2019
DeepSight:

I think you need to read this 100 times a day, everyday for the next ten years. Read it until you discover the plank in your eye, good brother.

This is just arrogance. As I said, it filters through from you. Arrogance, presumption, and a very negative energy.
I wish you luck though.

" Posture" cheesy. There's a rank in the psychic/spirit realm where arrogance is well, permitted to an extent. Not easy being a walking immortal... Amongst mortals. cheesy. This realm, the energy is pure white, not even negative or positive. White energy is the peak... Perhaps another lifetime. As my time here is up mate
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Roycemadeit(m): 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
DeepSight:

To start with, the precepts of heaven and hell do not particularly feature within my worldview.
I do believe in continuing life though.

Secondly, if (and only if) you believe in a "heaven" why do you say Hitler is there - perhaps this is in line with your expressed thoughts that all souls have always been worthy, that all events are part of the soul experience, and that there is neither wrong nor right per se?

There is no hell, so there is no place else for him to go.

His actions were what you would call mistakes—the actions of an unevolved being—and mistakes are not punishable by condemnation, but dealt with by providing the chance for correction, for evolution. The mistakes Hitler made did no harm or damage to those whose deaths he caused. Those souls were released from their earthly bondage, like butterflies emerging from a cocoon. The people who were left behind mourn those deaths only because they do not know of the joy into which those souls entered. No one who has experienced death ever mourns the death of anyone.

The Hitler Experience was made possible as a result of group consciousness. Many people want to say that Hitler manipulated a group—in this case, his countrymen—through the cunning and the mastery of his rhetoric. But this conveniently lays all the blame at Hitler’s feet—which is exactly where the mass of the people want it.

The world decided—finally—that Hitler was "wrong.” That is to say, the we made a new assessment of Who We Are, and Who We Chose To Be, in relationship to the Hitler Experience.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2019
Roycemadeit:

His actions were what you would call mistakes—the actions of an unevolved being—and mistakes are not punishable by condemnation, but dealt with by providing the chance for correction, for evolution. The mistakes Hitler made did no harm or damage to those whose deaths he caused. Those souls were released from their earthly bondage, like butterflies emerging from a cocoon. The people who were left behind mourn those deaths only because they do not know of the joy into which those souls entered. No one who has experienced death ever mourns the death of anyone.

The Hitler Experience was made possible as a result of group consciousness. Many people want to say that Hitler manipulated a group—in this case, his countrymen—through the cunning and the mastery of his rhetoric. But this conveniently lays all the blame at Hitler’s feet—which is exactly where the mass of the people want it.

The world decided—finally—that Hitler was "wrong.” That is to say, the we made a new assessment of Who We Are, and Who We Chose To Be, in relationship to the Hitler Experience.

Okay you have my attention

I like us to have a cup of tea like civil engagement. If you don't mind lending me some moments of your time bro

The concept of relativity as coined by Einstein suggests that creation didn't need serruptitous re-inventions and one design modelled and duplicated was adequate in multiple forms for life forms and the biological/geographic systems throughout the multiverse. With this in mind bearing the concept of " design and relativity", how come is it impossible for hell (being a place of constant miniature nucleaer energies - fission energy), but then the same but in different form exists in the core of the earth and the sun? Why can the sun exist and hell no, when both consists of just one single thing - heat energy. Please elucidate your defense with sound rationals. Let's interact..

Perhaps this makes it a very good way to terminate my presence on this forum(today) . I'm happy to be ending it with you great lads.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by k4kenny(f): 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2019
Roycemadeit:

Actually I was hinting on on "God making something imperfect."

Ok, I understand smiley. The creation of our bodies is perfect. How network of blood vessels, hormones and enzymes which performs specific functions without interfering with one another, the general complexity of our anatomy is one of the signs of the perfection of God's creation. However we were created with the freewill to make our own decisions. As a result we're susceptible to occasional sins and transgressions. But the important thing is to seek repentance from these sins and try to live in accordance to the command of God.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2019
Roycemadeit:

Once again, I am deeply impressed with your response. It really does strike a chord. So thank you again.

The only caveat I would have is with respect to your words where you say - "The mistakes Hitler made did no harm or damage to those whose deaths he caused. Those souls were released from their earthly bondage, like butterflies emerging from a cocoon".

I fear that the thoughts relayed therein are dismissive of human suffering,. . . and I also fear that they hinge upon the "feel good" standard rhetoric of a beautiful after-life - I am sure you know that this sort of teaching or notion or rhetoric has been the refuge of mankind against the bleakness of his existence for eons.Thus that gives me a little pause.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2019
healthserve:

Perhaps another lifetime. As my time here is up mate

healthserve:

Perhaps this makes it a very good way to terminate my presence on this forum(today) . I'm happy to be ending it with you great lads.

I hope all is well?
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2019
DeepSight:

I hope all is well?

All isn't. The forum skews the mindframe of people assuming all that exists is evil and speaking through this psychic block when interacting with members whose minds have been polluted is too tasking for my peace of mind... Coupled with other issues too. The average forum member beliefs automatically without questioning or verification of facts that all tins and people are bad, coming for them and this standpoint causes interactional barrier. I want to exempt myself/extract from this dark matrix.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Roycemadeit(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
k4kenny:

. However we were created with the freewill to make our own decisions. As a result we're susceptible to occasional sins and transgressions. But the important thing is to seek repentance from these sins and try to live in accordance to the command of God.
So we are given freewill and still punished for exercising it?
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2019
healthserve:

All isn't. The forum skews the mindframe of people assuming all that exists is evil and speaking through this psychic block when interacting with members whose minds have been plouuted is too tasking for my peace of mind... Coupled with other issues too. The average forum member beliefs automatically without questioning or verification of facts that all tins and people are bad, coming for them and this standpoint causes interactional barrier. I want to exempt myself/extract from this dark matrix.

Okay, so you are referring only to your participation on the forum?
If so fine.
Got me worried for a moment.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
Roycemadeit:

Punishment is the consequence of actions. Infact punishment doesn't exist. Punishment is simply consequential action

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
Roycemadeit:

Question!
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
DeepSight:

Okay, so you are referring only to your participation on the forum?
If so fine.
Got me worried for a moment.

Hahaha the world isn't ending tonight. Don't worry. When the whole world enleashes its giga ton warehouses of fissile upon the earth, we can be rest assured to grab the popcorn and wait for the aftermath of the world then. Which is why I love God anyway. With the vastness of the world He comes down and within the twinkle of an eye terminates this world and unleashes the next all within moments of a twinkling eye.

Please God is energy abeg
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2019
healthserve:

Punishment is the consequence of actions. Infact punishment doesn't exist. Punishment is simply consequential action

This is a good response.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2019
healthserve:

Hahaha the world isn't ending tonight. Don't worry.

Phew.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Roycemadeit(m): 3:00pm On Dec 31, 2019
DeepSight:

Question!
Yes it a question
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 3:00pm On Dec 31, 2019
DeepSight:

This is a good response.

wink We should examine nuclear half life/human existence and death and consider he possibility of a reverse being full life where existence procreate more and not reverse in the exact opposite way of half life and... Consider and embrace what God puts forward.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by EvangelistChuks(m): 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
MJBOLT:
mr wise man show us proof of god creating something,how difficult is it?

[s][/s]
what of you showing us that creation came about by itself.The material have a way of explaining the immaterial.God bless you.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DeepSight(m): 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
k4kenny:

The creation of our bodies is perfect.

Our bodies are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.
Very remarkable - but not perfect.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2019
DeepSight:

Our bodies are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.
Very remarkable - but not perfect.

Consider the time factor with this concept. If at a time man could live 200 years 300 years. And now way less, we should assume even in its consistent/continous complexities continous and mutative imperfections continues to degrade the quality of the body. And with this in mind can be assumed to assumed to undergo degradation for a reason(sin/fall) which couldn't have been without a cause... Therefore my synopsis is that the human body was created to be perfect "within a context outside the way perfection is assumed to be", but with the hope to attain perfection(choice). Also deaths of thesedays been seemingly faster than before isn't just the degradation of bodies or punishment but an acceleration of a divine arrangement to actualize the full reconciliation of all things into its original will and purpose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 3:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
EvangelistChuks:
what of you showing us that creation came about by itself.The material have a way of explaining the immaterial.God bless you.

cheesy The moment we rationalise divinity is the point we become aware of our not-understanding it. Cause why God and creation can be ratiionalized albeit limited, He wants to found through belief and the spiritual embrace of His words and not science. Its a pity many consider God on half-truths like the guy whom you quoted

God above rationality is the accurate vantage God to experience God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Preetychina22(m): 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2019
Acehart:

Hi. I was referring to his own unique fingerprint on his ten fingers and not technology.
I understand and I'm correct. QR code: Unique identification techniques.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Acehart: 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2019
Preetychina22:

I understand and I'm correct. QR code: Unique identification techniques.

Okay
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2019
Oh and as long as our understandings remains fragmented/improve able with time and experience then it will continue to exist as an inaccurate tool to judge/prove God's inexistence/existence. Truths must be placed on solid/accurate foundations if we are to seek the right answers to whatever questions about divinity we may have...
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2019
healthserve:

Help me ask him abeg. I'm in the midst of a 2000 acres reserve and since the day I saw that comment I've been scared for my team

Perhaps I should consider importing it too. embarassed

I think u should contact the big hospitals around. U can preserve the anti snake venom by urself
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by midnighter(f): 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2019
Guy1979:

One thing about the Bible is that it is highly contextualized. That's why you shouldn't just Read... rather Study... the Bible...to understand the Who, What, Why, Where, When.

tayrebini:
Understanding the bible is about context.

Two people can say a story but they tell it differently but the message isn't lost. They may choose to different areas of emphasis possibly on people or place but the message will still be the same. Settle this in your mind.

Thank you so much
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2019
PrecisionFx:

I think u should contact the big hospitals around. U can preserve the anti snake venom by urself

Thanks. I'll work on it immediately. That it takes one full hour on motorcycle from site to the town raises concern incase of medical emergencies. Thanks bro. How's the fx market. Is liquidity still enjoyable in the market?
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by themonk(m): 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2019
midnighter:

You dont need to respond to me Sir, you need to go back and read. Youre going outside of the point because you are basing your questions on a wrong foundation; thats what Im trying to explain to you.

I dont deny that you may have read the Bible severally. I said you needed guidance. Reading the Bible from cover to cover a million times without the original context for every single book, translation guides, different perspectives, interpretations, philosophies is not going to help you. People study these things for years before they are able to understand it.

They dont just read it and take all the words on face value because its not a novel; its a historical text with so many different reference points and circumstances. You sound like you have never heard a decent sermon from a trained clergyman before. Or you are not a church-goer? Have you just been reading the thing like a storybook and waiting for inspiration or what

Any preacher worth his salt will explain passages that sound at odds with how we live our lives today. Using the context.

You keep asking the same unintelligent questions because you dont want to acknowledge that your life bears absolutely no resemblance to that of a nomadic peasant living in the Middle East thousands of years ago. So how would the Bible make any sense to you on first principles??

What is the meaning of "slavery"? What was a slaves position in Israelite society? What rights did a slave have? Why were Jews allowed to own them? What was the purpose of the enslavement? What laws were enacted concerning owning slaves? This is what you should be asking and not futile mewling about "owning another human being".

Do you know if, at some point in the future, it will be considered "wrong" for your father to say that he "owns" you? Why have the West totally abandoned the concept of paying a bride-price in marriage, while we choose to continue with it? Would it be fair for the whites to say we are "selling" women here Or "demeaning" them, or treating them as "property"? The context of an action within a particular culture is the important thing here and not arguing in absolutes because something offends your own sensibilities. That the Bible gives licence or provisions for certain practices does not mean that it necessarily approves of them.

"God could have just told Abraham to free all his slaves and that would save people from a lot of pain..." This very statement shows that youre speaking out of ignorance. Abraham should free all his slaves and then what? Who will do all the work? Who will take stock of food and provisions from the harvest? Who will account for his expenditure and budget? Abraham who had no children until ...? Lol seriously what are you talking about

God provided laws and regulations to improve the treatment of slaves and protect their interests instead of enacting something that wouldnt be realistic in the society He was presiding over.

You are stockpiling a huge load of irrational arguments, I do not see any context where a human being should own another human being as property. You mean the context which preachers use to brainwash people? I asked you direct questions and you never answered them because guess what? the Bible is not straight forward and it is interpreted by a bunch of clergymen every Sunday to mean what they want it to mean.

I lost hope in this argument when you said people owned slaves because “who will do all the work?”. The 13th amendment will feel insulted by this question. Do we have slaves now, And who is doing all the work? I mean a God that is all knowing could not tell the Jews to organize their society in a way that is just?

Don’t ever say the white man did bad by enslaving blacks again. Maybe you would be a slave that loves his/her chain and accepts his/her position as property if you lived in that era. The truth is modern man is more just that the biblical God based on empirical evidence. You conveniently avoided the topic of God instigating tribes to war against other tribes.

When supposedly rapture takes place God will tell you there is no heaven and he meant you are going to heaven in another CONTEXT. Just keep brainwashing yourself.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 31, 2019
healthserve:

Thanks. I'll work on it immediately. That it takes one full hour on motorcycle from site to the town raises concern incase of medical emergencies. Thanks bro. How's the fx market. Is liquidity still enjoyable in the market?

Okay, that's a good idea.

Fx is good, the liquidity has always been there, it never stops.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by midnighter(f): 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2019
themonk:

You are stockpiling a huge load of irrational arguments, I do not see any context where a human being should own another human being as property. You mean the context which preachers use to brainwash people? I asked you direct questions and you never answered them because guess what? they Bible is not straight forward and it is interpreted by a bunch of clergymen every Sunday to mean what they want it to mean.

I lost hope in this argument when you said people owned slaves because “who will do all the work?”. The 13th amendment will feel insulted by this question. Do we have slaves now, And who is doing all the work? I mean a God that is all knowing could not tell the Jews to organize their society in a way that is just?

Don’t ever say the white man did bad by enslaving blacks again. Maybe would be a slave that lives his/her chain and accepts his/her position as property if you lived in that era. The truth is modern man is more just that the biblical God based on empirical evidence. You conveniently avoided the topic of God instigating tribes to war against other tribes.

When supposedly rapture takes place God will tell you there is no heaven and he meant you are going to heaven in another CONTEXT. Just keep brainwashing yourself.

Oh, excuse me. Let me answer the questions now.

themonk:
I am going to ask you direct questions now.

Did God enable humans to kill each other?
Is this character consistent with someone who is loving?

Direct questions would be:

Did God enable humans to own each other as property?
Does this exemplify someone who is just?

Yes, yes, yes and yes. Okay? smiley

Hahaha cheesy 13th amendment for people living how many centuries ago! You keep trying to measure the values of a society that you couldnt possibly have any knowledge of by modern standards, which is totally illogical. As long as you keep doing that, the Bible and Gods ways will never make any sense to you.

You are the one amassing nuclear warheads filled to the brim with irrational arguments; the most illogical thing anybody could possibly do is compare the slavery that took place in the Bible with trading slaves from Africa.

Thats how I know that you have never bothered to do any research into the subject and thats how I know that youre totally unserious!

Youre accusing others of brainwashing and ignorance when it pains you to take 5 seconds to Google the concept of slavery in ancient Israel and enlighten yourself on what the word "slavery" actually means in context; does it make sense

This is why I deliberately ignored your request for recommended reading; because I know you were just being facile. Did you even read that Wikipedia link you pasted? There was a lot of valuable information in there that would have stopped you from asking all these inane questions that dont have any basis!
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by healthserve(m): 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
PrecisionFx:

The slow liquidity forced me away for some years jare..

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply)

Prophet Engages Women In Marathon Sex During Deliverance / Anja Ringgren Loven Shares Hope's Before And After Pictures (see Photos) / It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.