Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist (57248 Views)

Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist PART 2 / Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by MedicH: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
whitelotus:

Exempted?

So millions of pagans will go to heave just because they didn't know Jesus?

Jesus said tell them if them like make them hear and turn to christianity. if them like make them no turn but continue in hindu or islam or budha or whatever. Truly no one can say he/she has never heard about Jesus Christ. when i read the book by anthony noble titled the religion of technology i saw reasons to believe that God gave mnkind the idea of all technological inventions like the internet to ADVANCE HIS CAUSE. which is the spread of the gospel (my opinion). soon when everyone must have heard the message of the gospel the world go end.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by nwizy(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
englishmart:
1.Jesus is the only way to God, John 14:6
This invariably means those who don't believe in Jesus have no business in heaven.
Christians worldwide have an estimated population of 2.4billion people
Islam records an estimate of 1.9 billion adherents, Hindu has an estimated 1.1bn adherents. The remaining world's population have their own beliefs which includes atheism.
If Jesus is the only way to God, what happens to those who don't believe in him? Hell? Well, the Bible suggests so.

2. There are a lot of complications and contradictory remarks in the Bible- a verse says don't drink, another says "Drink for your stomach sake", or "Do not drink wherein excess."
Malachi 3:10 a famous Bible verse on tithing speaks about bringing your tithe to the storehouse (church, maybe)
Deuteronomy 14:22-26 says otherwise, it says "you should drink and be merry with your tithe". I'm seriously beginning to doubt the credibility of the Bible. Maybe the translators' fault or God told writers different stories on the same issue. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John's account of Jesus and see real contradictions.

3. Does God answer prayers? Well, I'm not really sure about that. Someone might be suffering from malaria, the person takes drugs and still prays, the drugs work, but the person thanks God. Or a successful surgical operation, instead of thanking the doctor, they thank God. Some illnesses that would have been treated led to deaths because a certain congregation who were supposed to take the ill persons to the hospital, circled around praying. Faith without work isn't it still dead?
I remember when I had stomach ulcer, it was really terrible, I prayed and made several promises to God that if He took away the ulcer, I'd drink no more alcohol and will be more devout in worshipping Him. That didn't solve anything though, I stopped drinking and took to taking my drugs more seriously. Weeks later, I was well. I returned to drinking and after a few months, the ulcer resurfaced. That was when I realized I really needed to quit drinking. Prayers wouldn't have solved that issue.
I spent 80% of 2019 at home because of my misgivings about God's existence.
I really wish I could be convinced about God's existence because I'm not even happy to be away from Church because of the views of friends and family.

4. Children of God, or so called children of God tend to suffer more tribulations, hard times and desperate moments, a lot of them scream "Vanity upon Vanity" when secular people live in luxury or spend extravagantly. God tends to turn his back on those who worship Him especially when they need Him most.
The 1933 Holocaust and mass murder of Jews to the tone of 6m was a clear indication that God turns His eyes against His people
Repulsive comments are highly welcome

I love questions like this. I can't type too much, so bear with me. Okay let get down to the drug aspect: who is the creator of the chemical components used in producing antimalaria drugs? Nature or a supreme creator? If it's nature, then it must assume it has brain on its own to function, decide and automatically create things that can relate to human desires( 100% fallacy).
And if it's a creator, then what kind of creator? The creatures are not meant to fully comprehend its creator, because He would seem too known and hence seizes to become one. So what can history tell us about a creator? Through books and other means.
However, we have different religions pointing to different books believed by its followers. So among these books, which one of them shows us the true beauty of love from God at the highest order of death? Koran, Bible, or other books? To me without been biased: the Bible did.
Be liberal my friend and find the truth yourself. So since there is a creator of things known to heal, then all Glory should go to him through His Son of pure love( find out which of the proclaimed sons died for you and follow Him ardently). Thank you.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DAVE5(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
Atayis:
have you been baptized by the holy spirit? It is digusting that over the years, you have been honouring God with your mouth, not your heart.
Improve your spiritual life and you will have the encounter of God

Have you been baptized by the Holy Spirit?

Do you honor God with your heart?

Have you encountered God?

Please take my questions seriously cos I’m searching for answers and I need a reassurance as to why and how to continue living with faith in my heart, sometimes your life could be a Bible for the next man seated to you

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by OLULAW: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
luckingto50:
We are waiting for the day you will write this trash about Quran... Your head will turn to ball for soccer.

Well just so you know I tear each page per visit to toilet and lean my handheld with it.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Obinoscopy(m): 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
englishmart:

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.

23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.

24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),

25.then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.

26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice
There's No contradiction. The phrase: "in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name" is the Church. So you and your household is to spend your tithe in the Church.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Temmywalex: 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
Man, I share your view too.

But again, how do we human being and all other creation come into existence?. This is one other question that will make us want to believe in the existence of God.

A critical look at the creation of the world and all the inhabitants shows a very high level of planning and organization. Someone must be responsible for all these.

In my own opinion, I see religion as a tool to control human conduct and character.

But some have been using it for selfish economic and political benefits.

I always insist that every religion has their fault which can be considered as wrong teachings.

Humanity supercede any so called religion.

Religion is an enslavement of the mind (You won't be able to think outside your religious teachings and beliefs). That is why a particular religion command its followers to kill anyone that refuse to accept and practice its own teachings and the believers accept such awful teaching (Because their mind had been enslaved to see nothing bad in it).

Though we appreciate the one we met ourselves in, making use of the teachings to shape our lives and people around us for good.

But sometimes, I imagine if there was no religion, people will do things they like which might actually be more dangerous for human existence.

But humanity supercede all. That was why Jesus Christ said "Do unto others, what you will also like them to do unto you".

I THINK "HUMANITY" SHOULD BE THE NAME OF THE NEXT RELIGION WE ARE CREATING NOW.

5 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by midnighter(f): 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
englishmart:
A very sound analysis. If I was born as Indian, there's an 80% possible I would have been Hindu, and won't believe in Jesus. How is that supposed to alienate me from heaven? Do people choose their birthplaces or countries?

You are not making sense my friend...why do you think missionaries risk everything to get to far-flung corners of the earth to preach the gospel if they didnt know this already?
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DMerciful(m): 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
So you believe nobody created the world? This intelligent design of the universe was done by nobody? The creation of the world and the intelligence of the designs like your ability to see and give birth to offspring that carries your genes is not by chance!
englishmart:
I guess I'm beginning to wake up to that reality.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by WebSurfer(m): 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
Goldenheart002:

There's nothing like sin?
Do u mean it's okay to kill, steal, rape, do all sorts of evil and be cool?? I need clarification, pls
Morally wrong but you should be aware sins are like laws

All created and acknowledged by mankind.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by MJBOLT: 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
why dont you show us proof/facts that your god created those things

[s]
damoobaba:

You said there's no God and you're feeling on top of the world
1. is it America that created the air you're breathing?
2. is it kainji dam that generated the water bodies of the world. Oceans, seas, rivers etc.
3. The sea and land animals. where did they come from?
4. Have you wondered how a mixture of gas(the cloud) is able to hold all matter on earth in place and not allow to just pass through it.
5.And the other NUMEROUS planets, is it Albert Einstein or Michael Faraday that created them. I have more questions for you anyway.

But until you answer these ones accurately with facts, I feel what you need is to be EDUCATED on who God really is, but not doubt HIS existence. Doubting his existence could prove to be very fatal for you.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by whitelotus: 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
MedicH:

Jesus said tell them if them like make them hear and turn to christianity. if them like make them no turn but continue in hindu or islam or budha or whatever. Truly no one can say he/she has never heard about Jesus Christ. when i read the book by anthony noble titled the religion of technology i saw reasons to believe that God gave mnkind the idea of all technological inventions like the internet to ADVANCE HIS CAUSE. which is the spread of the gospel (my opinion). soon when everyone must have heard the message of the gospel the world go end.

People existed 5,000 years before Jezus was born.

People still exist in isolated communities that have never even smelled technology talked of hearing about Jesus
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by WebSurfer(m): 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
DMerciful:
So you believe nobody created the world? This intelligent design of the universe was done by nobody? The creation of the world and the intelligence of the designs like your ability to see and give birth to offspring that carries your genes is not by chance!
Go and learn about Cells, how they develop and geography properly

Without that, nothing will make sense to you
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by MiltonFine: 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
I cannot doubt the existence of a maker, everything i have seen in this life convinces me of that. What i do not know for sure is whether man can really find his way to him. Do you remember Solomon in the Bible how God gave him wisdom like he gave no other? I will quote what he said in Ecclesiastes 8:17: then I saw all that God has done. No one can comprehend what goes on under the sun. Despite all their efforts to search it out, no one can discover its meaning. Even if the wise claim they know, they cannot really comprehend it. (New International Version).

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by HENRY940: 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
Acehart:

You didn’t answer the part of ‘what your value in the universe is?’ Let me tell you what your value is: on your street, you are a nobody; on your job, you are tool; in your country, you are nameless; in your family, your value isn’t worth much; amongst your friends, when life turns on you, you don’t exist. The only person that makes you seem like something is God; and you want to turn your back on Him? And to Him as well, you are nothing yet He acknowledges you.

Jesus Christ was called the Son of God and sometimes, the Son of David. The word “Son” means “(Just) like”. But the part that interests me now is, Son of David, Just like David. David made a promise to Jonathan. He fulfilled that promise in his son, Mephibosheth. Mephibosheth lived in a desert(y) place just like Saudi Arabia. Due of the promise made, David searched out that boy in a place like a desert where there were no roads or means of communication. Just like David, so is Christ: He has made a promise to save even to the most remote places. The Christian scriptures show that Christ, the Son of God, reaches people through the following means:

1. Conscience.
2. Dreams.
3. Preaching done by men.
4. Preaching done by angels.
5. Nature.
6. Pointers from sundry religions. Etc.

I have lived for quite a while and what I have noticed is: many people have dreams of terrifying masquerades chasing them. One thing I have seen to be common to those who have such dreams are these questions: what should I do for these dreams to stop? Who will save me from these masquerades so that I don’t see them again in my dreams? These dreams drive them to search for a savior. The Book of Romans says that God has implanted something in all men that they may search for Him. What He has implanted in them makes them to question their communal way of life, history, environment and religious affiliations, so that a man can know God for Himself. Their search for Him doesn’t have anything to do with being a Christian but has everything to do with meeting God and being at peace (with everything). God starts this search, and He definitely has set the end of that searching process. Remember that those wise men (Magi) weren’t Christians yet they came to worship Christ after they were led by a Star. (Magi are star-gazers just as Muslims gaze at the moon).

God can not be limited by a building or community; only the heart can contain Him, yet the heart is not big enough. God called all men to Christ and not religion. He is not unjust to let people be born in anti-Christ neighborhoods without creating a perfect way to save them in Christ.

Know God for yourself. Read the scriptures and delight yourself in every word that came out of the mouth of Christ alone.

Thank you
Keep it up.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by k4kenny(f): 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
englishmart:
No pun intended, just that I don't find that fascinating as I don't intend to delve into further befuddlement

What makes you believe that studying the Qur'an is a waste of time? It isn't the same as the Bible you know... Most Muslims aren't facing the challenges you listed in your opening post because:

1) It doesn't make sense that eternal life is dependent on some god-man, who never claimed deity btw.

2) there's no contradiction or inconsistencies in the Qur'an if you read it carefully.

3) I don't think any religion out there tells you to just pray and do nothing towards the achievement of what you're praying for. Tie your camel and put your trust in God.

4) Again, religion isn't some guarantee that you won't go through trials and tribulation. The children of Israel suffered for centuries under Egyptian rule, where they were enslaved and their sons killed. God's description of that period was 'and it this was a huge trial from their Lord'. Belief in God is not for the sole purpose of enrichment. Not that you shouldn't strive and work hard to live a comfortable life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by LZAA: 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
damoobaba:

You said there's no God and you're feeling on top of the world
1. is it America that created the air you're breathing?
2. is it kainji dam that generated the water bodies of the world. Oceans, seas, rivers etc.
3. The sea and land animals. where did they come from?
4. Have you wondered how a mixture of gas(the cloud) is able to hold all matter on earth in place and not allow to just pass through it.
5.And the other NUMEROUS planets, is it Albert Einstein or Michael Faraday that created them. I have more questions for you anyway.

But until you answer these ones accurately with facts, I feel what you need is to be EDUCATED on who God really is, but not doubt HIS existence. Doubting his existence could prove to be very fatal for you.
Everytime atheists hear these questions they keep mute
Even the American constitution is founded with God as the guiding principle
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by musicwriter(m): 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
englishmart:
This invariably means those who don't believe in Jesus have no business in heaven.
Islam records an estimate of 1.9 billion adherents, Hindu has an estimated 1.1bn adherents. The remaining world's population have their own beliefs which includes atheism.
If Jesus is the only way to God, what happens to those who don't believe in him? Hell? Well, the Bible suggests so.

2. There are a lot of complications and contradictory remarks in the Bible- a verse says don't drink, another says "Drink for your stomach sake", or "Do not drink wherein excess."
Malachi 3:10 a famous Bible verse on tithing speaks about bringing your tithe to the storehouse (church, maybe)
Deuteronomy 14:22-26 says otherwise, it says "you should drink and be merry with your tithe". I'm seriously beginning to doubt the credibility of the Bible. Maybe the translators' fault or God told writers different stories on the same issue. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John's account of Jesus and see real contradictions.

3. Does God answer prayers? Well, I'm not really sure about that. Someone might be suffering from malaria, the person takes drugs and still prays, the drugs work, but the person thanks God. Or a successful surgical operation, instead of thanking the doctor, they thank God. Some illnesses that would have been treated led to deaths because a certain congregation who were supposed to take the ill persons to the hospital, circled around praying. Faith without work isn't it still dead?
I remember when I had stomach ulcer, it was really terrible, I prayed and made several promises to God that if He took away the ulcer, I'd drink no more alcohol and will be more devout in worshipping Him. That didn't solve anything though, I stopped drinking and took to taking my drugs more seriously. Weeks later, I was well. I returned to drinking and after a few months, the ulcer resurfaced. That was when I realized I really needed to quit drinking. Prayers wouldn't have solved that issue.
I really wish I could be convinced about God's existence because I'm not even happy to be away from Church because of the views of friends and family.

4. Children of God, or so called children of God tend to suffer more tribulations, hard times and desperate moments, a lot of them scream "Vanity upon Vanity" when secular people live in luxury or spend extravagantly. God tends to turn his back on those who worship Him especially when they need Him most.
The 1933 Holocaust and mass murder of Jews to the tone of 6m was a clear indication that God turns His eyes against His people

The assumption that the bible is an authority on God is your No.1 problem. The bible is a European conceptualization of God but God itself has nothing to do with that.

Before you begin your journey to undersranding God, you must first shed yourself of the misconception of the bible or any other so called holy book as an authority on God. Believe it or not, you're already subconsciously doing so. And once you've completed the process, you'll eventually discover God on your own. You'll eventually realize that God is not and cannot be in any book or religion.

God has nothing to do with religion!!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
Oh!! Help my life
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by aimuan(m): 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
Expert17:

Its not by Force bro.............

U cn force a horse to d stream, but u cnt force it to drink water.............
I didn't say you should force him.I said convince him
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
emrain:
Religion is not about heaven and hell nor God and Satan.

The stories in religious books are there to help teachers teach children how to survive peacefully and harmoniously with others.

Religion was all about survival. Sadly not anymore.

The modern world believes Abrahamic religions have outlived their usefulness because they've killed God.

There's no longer anything to fear, so many people no longer have reasons to endure the pain of this world. No hope of eternal life. Surprisingly, Slave morality is on a rapid rise in disguise.

Hope has become a fraud.

Empathy is only employed when it's convenient.

The things our fathers were ashamed of are what we celebrate today.

Religious leaders live out their grandiose fantasy at the expense of their sheeple because they've replaced God.

Is atheism the answer? From my experience, I don't think so.

Most atheists in religious countries are usually apathetic and in some cases bitter. This doesn't help anybody, not even the atheists themselves.

The easiest way to save Africans from modern religious manipulators (if you care) is to become very religious and inspire the sheeple in bondage to be more educated and see for themselves that God is dead and it's time to move on.

How do you do this? Become a Sunday school teacher, preacher etc. Intentionally expose your audience to thought-provoking books and materials that helped you come to terms with reality. While at it, always emphasize on empathy and how our collective survival and advancement depends on it.

In the end, liberating Education is what we need. Not apathy, elitism, bitterness, etc that comes with being an atheist in this part of the world.

PS- Good/bad fortune has nothing to do with God. It has everything to do with you and the people you surround yourself with.

What is the meaning of life?
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Dididrumz(m): 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
GeneralPula:

Religion might be a scam

But surely there’s God!

Yes i also believe there is God, but one to ive come to realise is that our believe system has been corrupted.

We've been made to believe and know God in a way which He is not.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
Religion is a scam.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by descartes400: 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
englishmart:

your thoughts are just a replica of mine. I have since cast religion aside.

Please download this ebook from google (why I am an Agnostic by Robert green ingersoll to give you perspective. I am not an Agnostic....but the write up helps throw more light on my thoughts. Happy reading.

About the book..... An unpublished skeptical introduction to philosophy of religion. Covers the main arguments for the existence of God and related topics. Table of Contents: 1. Introduction. 2. Can we choose our beliefs? 3. The Bible is not evidence, but itself stands in need of evidence. 3a. The miracles violate the basic laws of physics. 3b. Were there any witnesses, or were they just written into the miracle stories? 3c. The Creation story versus geology—fossils and rocks. 3d. Mythical miracles are far more likely than actual miracles. 3e. Remarks. 4. Are there three realms, the physical, the mental, and the spiritual? 5. Is there a spiritual world beyond what we perceive in this life? 6. Was Jesus both fully human and fully God? 6a. Was he ever actually tempted by anything? 6b. How could he have been fully God while he was here? 6c. If he was both fully human and fully God, even that makes him not really one of us. 7. Logic and ethics are logically independent of God—does that limit God’s power? 8. The main arguments that God exists. 8a. The ontological argument. 8b. The argument from personal experience. 8c. The “five ways” of Aquinas—arguments for God based on general features of experience. 8d. The argument from design, also called the teleological argument. 8e. The argument from the perfect holiness of Jesus. 8f. The argument from universal or near-universal belief. 8g. Kant's justice argument. 9. Confidence ratings of the evidence for various holy persons’ existence. 10. Is there a core of truth behind the myth of religion? 11. Final remarks. References.
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by SmartyPants(m): 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
englishmart:

Which verse in the Bible says do not drink?

Look I want to engage you without you feeling attacked. You have got several scriptures wrong. Deuteronomy 14 prescribes four portions of tithe to be shared while you also eat yours: one for the Levites, one for the alien, one for the orphan, and one more class I don't recall which may be widows. Now it also specified where the tithe is to be eaten, which is within the temple grounds.

Learn to do complete research.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by OneKinGuy(m): 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
It's glad to see some people are coming to their senses!

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by mubalak37(m): 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
make research about islam, with plain mind, nd find d true way

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by DMerciful(m): 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
There is nothing to learn that does not ultimately points to God. Your ability to think and your consciousness cannot be by chance!
WebSurfer:

Go and learn about Cells, how they develop and geography properly

Without that, nothing will make sense to you
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by handsomebolanle: 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
Acehart:
Mark 9:7 Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is My beloved Son, listen to (only) Him!"

This is one of the most important verses in the Christian scriptures. The Father expressly told the apostles not to pay attention to the words of Moses or that Elijah. If you have read the Holy Bible up to this point, your natural reaction will be to “delete” every word of Moses and the sections concerning Elijah in your Bible. Moses himself had stated that a greater prophet than him will come that the people should listen to Him. Every contradiction that you think exists in the Bible exists when you juxtapose what men said with what God Himself said. Today, we lay a lot of emphasis on Moses’ words and actions that we face a lot of spiritual anxiety.

Does God exist? Checkout your fingerprint login on your phone; no one in this world of over 4 billion people can have access to your phone except you - that is some excellent design there if you would think about it.

The God of Heaven is a sovereign God; He does as He wishes and because He is excellent, He does all things well and knows all things well. Prayer is not a “genie-effect”. If someone is mightier than you and knows more than you is before you; and you could make a request before such a one, your words will be with exquisite submission. But you have not recognized the true God’s character.

Finally, I’d like to ask: what is your value in the universe?

And this is what I get to hate...

Please which translation puts "Alone".... Irrelevant emphasis.....
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by MedicH: 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
whitelotus:

People existed 5,000 years before Jezus was born.

People still exist in isolated communities that have never even smelled technology talked of hearing about Jesus

on the bolded, i dont know about that

on second line, do you think the Jehovah Witness group and other christian sects are taking a break anytime soon?
Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by MiltonFine: 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
musicwriter:

The assumption that the bible is an authority on God is your No.1 problem. The bible is a European conceptualization of God but God itself has nothing to do with that.

Before you begin your journey to undersranding God, you must first shed yourself of the misconception of the bible or any other so called holy book as an authority on God. Believe it or not, you're already subconsciously doing so. And once you've completed the process, you'll eventually discover God on your own. You'll eventually realize that God is not and cannot be in any book or religion.

God has nothing to do with religion!!.
Someone is getting it.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Ayt27(m): 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
aimuan:
Yes there are contradictions in the Bible. But I think this boils down to the interpreters .it's could be human errors. But that's not enough to suggest God does not exist though. I have seen things in this world that convinced me beyond every reasonable doubt that God exist.Years ago when I was sick,I was taken to one herbal Doctor.in the cause of treating me he told me many stories which I believe where true because he had no reason to lie to me.one of the story he told me was his experience when he went to fight spiritual war with a genuine Christian. He said he was a distance from the man's house when he started seeing fire burning on top the man's House, he had to run for his life. But he said he has successfully fought and defeated many Christians too.when I asked why he was able to defeat those ones he simply replied with this profound words."They have spoilt their hands with sin". Sincerely I was dumfounded,why a witch doctor was saying this was beyond my imagination. What I deduced from the story is that God protects with fire,but protects those that does his will and desist from sins.Even my life is a testimony too.I have survive too many attacks that also convinced me of the existence of God.my bro how wish I can see you one on one.

I know what you mean bro, I have experienced God too mightily .

I heard indirectly from my pastor about a man who came for deliverance and he said out of everybody whose secret they know in the spiritual world there is one man who always wears white we cannot figure out, that the man in white whatever he says is final.

Christians have no idea the iota of grace given to them through Jesus

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Olagorioye Faleyimu: "TB Joshua’s Death Is Near, Buhari Will Rule For 8 Years" / Church Gives N1M To Man Who Sleeps On Meat Seller's Table In Abuja / Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.