Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,716 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? (51684 Views)

I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me / I Regret Going To The University / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by odimbannamdi(m): 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
cliqtips:
Thank you, I heard that some schools don't require those exams..
How true is that.

If you do not write those exams, get a high score and possibly get scholarship, it will be hard to convince the Visa Officer that you are a genuine student.

Getting Admission no hard, na to get visa be the koko

1 Like

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
odimbannamdi:

This is very true. Many people have been confronted when they go for vida interviews regarding what they posted online.

You will be surprised!

Remove his post from your quote.

AkeNathan, please delete your original post.

Thanks

Done that
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Ceasardgreat(m): 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Good morning,

I hope you are doing great. I intend going abroad for my masters, come this august 2020. I have secured admissions in the USA for MSc. Mechanical Engineering. i have partial funding already and i will be paying for the rest.

To better make my decision, did you have any regrets with studying abroad? did it give you an edge during your job search?

Thanks.

Well, My field is mechanical too and looking at that possibility but the truth still remains if the embassy issue's you a visa
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
pronto543:

You're right to some extent with the higher likelihood of funding for a PhD, but claiming the stipend on offer is high as $2500 is misleading. I will like you to state your source and disciplines that are paid that much.

I'm a PhD student in a STEM field here in the USA and I can tell you the average stipend after tax is usually capped at $1600 maximum.

I have come across someone getting over $3000 which is the maz, but it all boils down to the state.
I'm not there yet but over time I have source for information because I'm planning to do my PhD as well.
The people I have come in account with are those in the engineering discipline esp mechanical and industrial engineering.
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by ignis: 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
arinzeluke:
My dear, this ur question has been the most worried question in my life.
This is because I have many of my friends out there ...some are doing good while some are not doing well yet they are working. When I look at there structure, I can't tell with certainty that they are comfortable where they are yet they have big cars , sparing money in wedding and other occasion.. u know my pple na.
But the truth is that there is a hiding story dear. Bc I don't think it's easy out there. U have to work like elephant to pay ur Schl fees .
Many a time u Bleep white old woman to make ur money ...that's why u have to know what u are going there to do .
Maybe u should contact me so we can talk +2348021290601

What do you want to talk with op about? You just admitted that the question is the most worrisome question of your life. Meaning both of you are confused.
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Legendguru: 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
Even bsc every in Naija na regret
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by vincent7000(m): 8:51pm On Dec 30, 2019
Well I don't know about GRE or TOEL .. University of Western Illinois grants scholarship to students with 2.1 without TOEFL or SAT ..if your CGPA Is above 3.5 and you have a winning SOP you will get

2 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Princemezie(m): 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
[quote author=AKswift post=85351473][/quote]

How can I reach you Sir, I intend to further my studies in Economics too. I graduated with 4.46 CGPA.
Here's my contact 07087767098
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Amalladan: 8:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
How much did you pay?
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by vincent7000(m): 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
Go online and research the school . Thank me later
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Cutehector(m): 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
adewumiopeyemi:
I still remember a day wen I went to do an interview
a girl sad beside me. During the interview
We chatted so he told me he just return from Nigeria from Cyprus about 4 month again with her master degree
We surprise because we are just fighting with 40k work
Bro my advice is for you to stay in us after doing your master don’t think of coming back to Nigeria to search for job bro
Think twice bro
Cyprus mchew.
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Cutehector(m): 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
Originakalokalo:

the only regret is spending 70 years on earth and ending up in hell for eternity.

Meet Jesus.

The regret will disappear.
funny ehough, this your comment made more sense than all the entire comments put together. Because the Lord said, what shall it profit man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul.

People really just want to better their lives in earth without trying to think for one second how to better their life eternity. As if she is taking the masters to the spirit world.

1 Like

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
vincent7000:
Go online and research the school . Thank me later

Thanks but it's also advisable to go to schools that re good in your course.
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
Cutehector:
funny ehough, this your comment made more sense than all the entire comments put together. Because the Lord said, what shall it profit man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul.

People really just want to better their lives in earth without trying to think for one second how to better their life eternity. As if she is taking the masters to the spirit world.

What are you saying? So because we re chasing eternity we should not live fulfilled lives on earth?

2 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by premiumswizz: 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
Dottore:
Honestly I havnt heard or seen anyone who did Masters abroad and came back to Nigeria with better opportunities than the Masters Holders from Nigerian Universities.

The truth is that Nigeria first degree is not valuable abroad so doing only masters abroad is more or less a rip off and waste of time.

The only thing I know about them is AUDIO BENEFITS.

Their parents and sponsors are waiting for the benefits the way Nigeria is waiting for 24/7 electricity power supply.

If you really want to enjoy the benefits of studying abroad you better start with first degree before masters. You can enjoy the benefit both home and abroad.
Barm!!!
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
premiumswizz:
Barm!!!

Why are you "Barming'? He is not right.

1 Like

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Philadelphia: 11:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
Crispels:

Definitely the United States.

Please kindly give reasons.
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by tomdon(m): 11:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
Dottore:
Honestly I havnt heard or seen anyone who did Masters abroad and came back to Nigeria with better opportunities than the Masters Holders from Nigerian Universities.

The truth is that Nigeria first degree is not valuable abroad so doing only masters abroad is more or less a rip off and waste of time.

The only thing I know about them is AUDIO BENEFITS.

Their parents and sponsors are waiting for the benefits the way Nigeria is waiting for 24/7 electricity power supply.

If you really want to enjoy the benefits of studying abroad you better start with first degree before masters. You can enjoy the benefit both home and abroad.

Not really
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by swiftsulex(m): 11:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
Erediauwa:
Don't occupy your mind with negativity....

Think positive and you won't have any regrets whatsoever.

Still hustling to get the much needed funds for my Msc which I intend to do in the Netherlands.
Try OKP and Joint Japan World Bank Scholarships
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by zigzagluv: 12:11am On Dec 31, 2019
okay
Powersurge:

I said I worked there two years ago. I didn't say anything about still working there. Don't get scammed please.
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by yungEX(m): 12:38am On Dec 31, 2019
AkeNathan:

It's hard to see someone who did Msc in Health or Engineering course in US and return Nigeria to regret it.

Most of the people complaining did Msc in Humanities Or Business field or Art, and the worst, do it in Cyprus, Romania, Belarus, Sweden, Ukraine, bla bla.

US education is King and has no equal.

do you feel doing masters in law or MBA in Germany or canada is a waste of time and money
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by jokeydamson(f): 12:39am On Dec 31, 2019
Please with a 3rd class in industrial chemistry BSC (ed) and I which to futher more abroad what step am I to take

I need someone to guide me thanks
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by cliqtips: 12:57am On Dec 31, 2019
wow.... so, I've been running from these exams but it seems it's inevitable for me.
odimbannamdi:

If you do not write those exams, get a high score and possibly get scholarship, it will be hard to convince the Visa Officer that you are a genuine student.

Getting Admission no hard, na to get visa be the koko
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Keenmind2019(m): 1:24am On Dec 31, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Which planet u dey
U talk as if US visa is beans or UK visa is easy to get
U are dumb
I know this guy personally. He is fucking smart. We used to call him encyclopedia in school then. Peace
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Keenmind2019(m): 1:26am On Dec 31, 2019
fergie001:

dammilekan.....please learn to be civil in your utterances here....

Don't quote me again.
Encyclopedia, Presido, Abeg sorry for the guy him nor know your voltage in person.
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Keenmind2019(m): 1:27am On Dec 31, 2019
jokeydamson:
Please with a 3rd class in industrial chemistry BSC (ed) and I which to futher more abroad what step am I to take

I need someone to guide me thanks
Do a masters in naija, come out with a PhD grade n then start ur abroad study journey

1 Like

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Philipmems(m): 3:53am On Dec 31, 2019
Kingrexyl:
True

Yeah, wishing you all a happy new year grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Philipmems(m): 3:55am On Dec 31, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Did you return home?

NO
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Philipmems(m): 3:55am On Dec 31, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Did you return back to naija or...?

NO
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Muyiii(m): 5:30am On Dec 31, 2019
Nmeri17:
oooh boy! were your living costs and tuition fees all expense paid, or ....

are you saying all that money would've yielded quicker results if you went to ZA straight? with what you know now, will you still have gone for the UK postgrad?

Brother it was quite a journey, I learnt so much in both countries. Truth be told, my masters did open my eyes to new horizons coz I discovered my degree taught me nothing. During my masters I was exposed to hands on and concrete learning . In South Africa also, I discovered IT is all about hands on skills...so I upskilled. I wrote quite a handful of IT certifications such CISA, ITIL, CISSP AWS Solutions Architectect etc. so it’s a learning curve, just embark on the journey and you won’t regret it.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by blank(f): 6:09am On Dec 31, 2019
I only regret going to the UK. With what I know now, would have gone to the US for my masters. UK masters right now is almost worthless. Although, to be fair, it was worth something when I went donkey years ago and it served it's purpose in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by ignis: 7:05am On Dec 31, 2019
blank:
I only regret going to the UK. With what I know now, would have gone to the US for my masters. UK masters right now is almost worthless. Although, to be fair, it was worth something when I went donkey years ago and it served it's purpose in Nigeria.
Is Australia better than UK?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

500-Level UNIBEN Student Shot Dead Inside School Premises / Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori / Motunrayo Afolayan: Olabisi Olaleye In Sex For Marks Accusation Scandal In OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.