Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? (57520 Views)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? / Lady Who Said "I Can't Marry Man That Earns N100k Monthly" Caught Begging N50k / I Can't Date Any Lady That Earns Less Than N200K - Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by larryking540: 8:14am On Dec 31, 2019
MechanicalEngr:

Thanks for this comment, 30K in this current hardship is not realistic except you are staying in the village.it is better to double your hustle as a single guy to ensure your family is stable and have the basics (Good shelter & food). But if you have a partner who is fully aware of your current situation and has that drive to work towards getting out of poverty with you then get married to that person because the energy and support will be the driving force to take you out of your lowest low.

Even in d village na the same thing,like some one said ,gold is the same price every where depending on who sells it for you ,

Village people too don wise up
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by BluntBoy(m): 8:26am On Dec 31, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
shocked shocked shocked Your mom cry sorry to hear that embarassed
That relationship must have been extraordinaire cheesy cheesy your GF just felt entitled. I am sure she made you a better man grin grin

Yes, my love. I like to see the positives, so I would say she pushed me to be better in at least one way (maybe, not a good way). My desire had been to be just a pastor cheesy I didn't care for money or luxury. I just wanted to preach. But after my experience, I knew I had to work for money. Perhaps, God is not happy that the selfless boy of that time is now selfish. Because now, I don't do anything for free. My dad has been playing organ for 26 years now, and until recently, he was doing it for free until the church placed him on a salary by force. I wanted to do the same too. I was doing virtually everything for free in my local church back then. Playing the piano, interpreting, sweeping church, composing songs but not anymore. Now, if I must play the piano in my local church, my wage must be at least 15k per Sundays. After all, there are now billionaire pastors. cheesy
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:30am On Dec 31, 2019
lilwetdick:

god did not put you there, you put yourself there, everyman has his success in his hand, choice matters in this life

if i earn low, i wont marry but will strive to improve my income.
I see where ur problem is.

I don't Ague with people like you.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:32am On Dec 31, 2019
BluntBoy:

Yes, my love. I like to see the positives, so I would say she pushed me to be better in at least one way (maybe, not a good way). My desire had been to be just a pastor cheesy I didn't care for money or luxury. I just wanted to preach. But after my experience, I knew I had to work for money. Perhaps, God is not happy that the selfless boy of that time is now selfish. Because now, I don't do anything for free. My dad has been playing organ for 26 years now, and until recently, he was doing it for free until the church placed him on a salary by force. I wanted to do the same too. I was doing virtually everything for free in my local church back then. Playing the piano, interpreting, sweeping church, composing songs but not anymore. Now, if I must play the piano in my local church, my wage must be at least 15k per Sundays. After all, there are now billionaire pastors. cheesy
Pastor shocked shocked which church? You dey go church? shocked
If you become pastor we nor dey marry angry
I don't do religious men sad
Learn to be selfless and have some humanity.
*runs*

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by jakandeola(m): 8:35am On Dec 31, 2019
BluntBoy:

I pray u get a good wife bro cos u deserve it.after all pains u went thru, dont end up wit a useless woman who lack focus and spend her life on a stupid thing of past DAT ended 5 month ago.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Olavic7(m): 8:36am On Dec 31, 2019
i know someone who earn 30,000 and still build a house i mean flat, sometimes what u earn doesn't determine what u spend, what really matters is a creative mindset, this man am talking about is married with about 4 kid yet he was able 2 avoid their school. My father is earning 52kplus per-month yet he was able to build 4 bedroom flat and bought some land as well, infact he as raised two graduate(i and my S.bro) and my yonger sis is currently in higher institution, in 1997 he was sack by the then governor of kwara st. Gov Lawal, yet we never suffer he went into subsitent farming to feed him and the family b4 he was re-employed by Saraki who called him and the rest back, 2day his subsitent farm then as now become a commercial farm, Note : when he was sack he recieved nothing monthly yet he was able to finance the family, and with just #52,000 he builded 4 bedroom flat and some land, 2 graduate nd one still studying. making it in life is not about your earning is about your senses, most especially put God first.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by BluntBoy(m): 8:48am On Dec 31, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Pastor shocked shocked which church? You dey go church? shocked
If you become pastor we nor dey marry angry
I don't do religious men sad
Learn to be selfless and have some humanity.
*runs*

Don't worry cheesy

I am not a religious person. I am a spiritual person. I was religious once (which is necessary), but now, religion no longer works for me.

I don't do church as well. If you find me in a church, I am most certainly there for business. cheesy
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by BluntBoy(m): 8:48am On Dec 31, 2019
jakandeola:
I pray u get a good wife bro cos u deserve it.after all pains u went thru, dont end up wit a useless woman who lack focus and spend her life on a stupid thing of past DAT ended 5 month ago.

Thank you, boss.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by tomdon(m): 8:50am On Dec 31, 2019
Thiwalade:

for someone like you, I don't deserve love or relationship at this time? You lack foresight honestly? 2 years from now my PhD won't be a waste and I may earn more than the BSc collecting 100k? FYI, I left an 100k job to continue on my dreams. Didn't stop my lady from believing in me.

You deserve love but the fact remains that you cannot marry at the moment. Anyone's fortune can change at any time T. A secondary school holder who's earning 5k today may be earning millions in 2 years time

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by demavict(m): 8:53am On Dec 31, 2019
lilwetdick:

a man with vision and focus wont be earning 30k. i believe in spousal support, both couples should work, combine income but 30k is nothing

how will this 30k earner pay for rent before they marry, who is bringing whom to the house, the man or the woman.

In all fairness, 30k might only work for marriage within some specific regions in the country. places where cost of living is low can slightly accommodate that salary. Accommodation in Lagos, PH,Abuja and most state capitals is far more than 30k. Truth remains that the responsibilities of the home outweighs 30k a month. That is less than $100 a month. Marriage is beyond speculations and emotions. As a man, my sister or daughter can't be allowed marry someone who earns that amount because he particularly needs that money to develop himself to earn better. His concerns should not be marriage yet.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by kunlesmiles(m): 8:58am On Dec 31, 2019
wany:

And if I may ask how are catering for your Lady, boy don't be deceive she has a side guy picking her bills,only waiting for jungle to mature so that she let go and hang on you fully ,use your brain.
Even at a PhD level you still sound dumb. undecided
lol, funny, but on a more serious note, there are still faithful,supportive, pretty ladies out dere.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2019
BluntBoy:

Don't worry cheesy

I am not a religious person. I am a spiritual person. I was religious once (which is necessary), but now, religion no longer works for me.

I don't do church as well. If you find me in a church, I am most certainly there for business. cheesy

Spiritual in christianity abi?
Still no angry
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 31, 2019
lilwetdick:

a man with vision and focus wont be earning 30k. i believe in spousal support, both couples should work, combine income but 30k is nothing

how will this 30k earner pay for rent before they marry, who is bringing whom to the house, the man or the woman.

You sound shallow and myoipic today, what happened?
I know you to be of sound judgement.
OR you might just be a realist.

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Amhappy(f): 9:27am On Dec 31, 2019
EnaibeSam:

Yes, it works for me too. I married my wife last year with Npower stipend of 30k. I got married in one room. But now to God be the glory, we are living comfortably in a self contain. (You know how much a self contain could cost in Warri). By the grace of God, in the first quarter of 2020, I'm opening a medicine store for her, with a budget of about 500k.
No matter how much you are receiving, if you cannot plan your life with your little income even if you are receiving 200k a month, will still remain broke always.

And our baby will be three months old on January 5th, 2020.

Did you save 500k from the Npower ,running your family only on this 30k please i need to know.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Surrey2Bimshire: 9:30am On Dec 31, 2019
praz001:

The wife might have hers as well. And he still does have a bike Maybe as an additional income.

From your calculation, even at feeding for 567 daily, it better that living large on ritual money and yahoo.....

A dry morsel with peace of mind is better than a house full of honey but with strife....

What about school fees and other kids stuff ?
567 Naira daily that’s a little over 1 usd per day
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Ryan03(f): 10:16am On Dec 31, 2019
zmpp:

nonsense person, keep forming what you are not. the same you who earns less than 47,000 naira and impregnated a lady, and manages to send 15, 000 naira to your poor mother every month, is here forming rich
mgbeke, I am still waiting for screenshot of your account balance o. Broke bitch calling me broke because I earn 47k monthly. Mumu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by kayourcome: 10:43am On Dec 31, 2019
lilwetdick:

if you have a sister, will your father allow a man earning 30k to marry your sister? pls be realistic
First babe. We can't choose for them. We can only advise. My sister got married to someone who she thinks he is the best for her. What she earns does not concerns us but her happiness being with him matter most. Why do we make mistook money for happiness. They are two different things.
You can be living large and not happy and live low and have a bountiful of happiness. It's your choice
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by solmyn(m): 10:52am On Dec 31, 2019
The truth in reality 30k will be difficult.but we are just moved by what we know and see ..but what about ppl who got married while they had nothing just living by their family assistance ... One things I know is when you know too much it's become a problem... An adage " na becos dog snuff too much that is why the nose is black"
50k while the lady do something either working or biz can complement it can work.
Naija ladies are really the problem here ... tell me ladies When u get married and u become pregnant,at the delivery room were u also looking how the other lady is giving birth? So there is no competition in life race.

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Akachestores(m): 10:55am On Dec 31, 2019
Women that are ready to support their spouse for better for worse as the church says or key to his understanding as the case maybe are not easy to come by.
As for me why not with 30k knowing that am focused and ready to face anything, even my boss got married without a steady income imagine not to talk of monthly salary of 30k, even the veteran actor Pete edochie once said in an interview that he had no money in his account but he got married. See it all depends on the woman's level of understanding and we are lucky enough to find that woman.
It very unfortunate that our ladies or most are after money and comfort. Even we self(men) we dey Bleep up babe wey they supportive, we still dey cheat on them stop it.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Sezua(m): 11:02am On Dec 31, 2019
lilwetdick:

17k with 2 kids and proper planning.. grin grin

father, mother and 2 kids = 4 mouth

17k to take care of 4 mouth monthly...

17k/30 days=567 naira daily for 4 mouth

this is impossible

Actually, it's worse than your maths put it. As you did not factor a lot of things into the salary. Transport to work, Tax and Pension deductions, Unplanned financial obligations, School fees, Rent.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by ogojaogoja(m): 11:04am On Dec 31, 2019
Please if u know u don't have money to take good care(I didn't say take care but take good care) of children then don't even think of marriage. If u can't solve societal problems then do not create any.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by IyaTola: 11:13am On Dec 31, 2019
olabrinks:
Late thirties to forties you are no longer in your prime. And if you don’t have substantial money or something very meaningful to offer at that point in your life, no young girl in their 20s will marry you. That’s why when some men talk about having all the time in the world I laugh. It’s better to settle down early with more options, because there’s no guarantee you will make it in life by the time you are 39.
Plus fertility issues with men.

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by IyaTola: 11:14am On Dec 31, 2019
You are extravagant.
illicit:
30k is not enough for food, accomodation,transport, family support and other miscellaneous expenses even for me as a young single guy....
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by IyaTola: 11:16am On Dec 31, 2019
Femsyn:
On the contrary, my advice is for the man earning 30k with intentions of getting married. Don't do it!!

I'm speaking to the progressive man, not a man living in a hut or hole in a dungeon. I'm speaking to a normal man.

Marriage is not a competition, and i'm not saying you've to make millions to get married.

Just try and improve your earnings a bit before marriage. Finance is one of the leading causes of friction in marriages.

Even love won't be enough! The frustration will be off the hook!
Then sex.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by IyaTola: 11:18am On Dec 31, 2019
kiss
77up:
You guys should pls avoid this annoying topic in 2020, I married my wife after nysc even when there was no job talkless of #30000 but today nko?

If you like as a lady ,keep waiting for dangote or otedola , by the time agbero in garage is not even interested in you, you go know what's up.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 31, 2019
Ryan03:
na wa o, shared yard you say? Like excuse you, my parents never lived in such environment hence we didn't either. So my sister will wake up now and marry a man that is living in a face me I slap you house? Make everybody marry according to their levels na, you can't be earning 30k and planning to marry a lady earning 150k. Find someone in your level and nobody go hear noise. All these posts up and down sef
if they are happy with their different levels why not? I personally am not from a wealthy home but the guy I have been talking to is from a wealthy home,we flow well and he doesn't have a problem with it. I am never looked down on for it. So if one of a couple is more bouyant than the other (whether male or female),its fine if they really care for each other
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by IyaTola: 11:19am On Dec 31, 2019
Lighthouseman:

Never neglect the days of humble beginnings.
Sometimes, it's not about salary. I earn 30k monthly, if I come late in a month, might end up with 28k but on this same job, I'm a landlord. I'm better than folks earning 100k.
Salary will deceive lots of ladies.
Look out for vision, resilience and the I can do spirit.
If she rejects you for sake of salary, go for Thanksgiving.
Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by IyaTola: 11:22am On Dec 31, 2019
cozy7:
May God bless u abundantly for this piece. I really hope ladies who read this adjust their ways.

BUT no, they prefer chasing old men with fat pockets, putting their future in danger..... Later when d guys they've been cheating on (with d old men) makes it n refuses to marry, they call him names. NONSENSE!
Greedy ones.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by IyaTola: 11:23am On Dec 31, 2019
Sense will not kill you.
Pro2makx:

Guy stop being insensitive, respect other people's plight and thank God for where you are now.
My elder sisters husband. Married her when he was earning 40k. And they were resident at Lagos.
They would still send something to my mum no matter how small. Of course he was a graduate, a BSc. Holder but he was not upgraded at work as he got the Job with his NCE certificate. Least I forget, he works with a multi-million naira company.
It was like that till this year 2019 when was finally promoted and his salary shot to a little less than 200k. Asides other benefits.
Of course my dad knew his salary, yet he gave him his daughter, if he was still alive, till now I am sure he would still be proud he didn't judge him by his state at the time. Even the bible tells us to never despise the days of little beginning. Till now, there are families who leave on less than 200 or 300 naira in Nigeria. Yet they are surviving, working and hoping for a better day

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by warlord24(m): 11:24am On Dec 31, 2019
IyaTola:
After seeing the post https://www.nairaland.com/5456607/ladies-marry-guy-earns-n30k of a man earning 30k shouldn't consider marriage Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by ejitest1(m): 6:04pm On Oct 06 - felt I needed to post my opinion so others can learn.

If your idea of a good marraige is to get a man or woman with a good source of income from both parties and a comfortable lifestyle..

It's fine BUT>>>>

let me tell u the truth..

All those things can be wiped in days.. e.g job's good lifestyle wiped in a matter of days...

So what if he or she was a multi billionaire b4 you decided to marry them.

After few months or years, demons of parking everything appears and parks everything? Oh you forgot 1 bad loan gone south can cripple everything?

We focus on one thing, always related to money gain.. nobody talks about the spiritual aspect of marriage.. everyone always goes with - he must be working in shell or NNPC.. We have seen people who retired from those places and went back to square minus 0.

I told my sisters, never should a man bulk salary or business profits energize you to be a reason to want to marry him because if anything happens to that job or business - you will lose interests in the marriage - then divorce...

Marry a man who got a purpose, drive, vision, someone you can support to be something.. from scratch so that even if he crashed you can always advice him back to the top.

Those kinda marriages last long, majority of those men will love you till death.. even if they cheat, you will never find out... and they can never say "where were you wen I was building my wealth?"

When my uncle's friend (Now working in NNPC) a muslim was told to add another wife, I was in that room - he said in Hausa and I quote "you guys were not there when this lady (his wife) had to sell akara to sponsor his transport fares looking for jobs, so I don't want anyone competing Me with her."

If it was all about the money, you think faith Oyedepo would have married David Oyedepo? Am sure he wasn't seeing 30k monthly salary when he started Living faith church...

Btw, ladies - am not implying you should go marry a lazy broke man, rather marry a man who is starting little with dreams and strong visions, such that if everything crashed, he can pickup again and fight back.

Learn to give credit for a post you copied on facebook..
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by IyaTola: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2019
Lol! do you think am jobless?
Raptor15:
what is the business of a 30k earner with marriage? Instead of you to think of how you will improve on your earnings you are talking about marriage. E be like say dem use marriage curse una for this country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

When Dating A Nigerian Man What Should An American Woman Expect? / See How This Guy Punished Lady That Refused To Give Him Her Phone Number / My Dad Caught Me And A Girl Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.