Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,359 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? (57515 Views)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? / Lady Who Said "I Can't Marry Man That Earns N100k Monthly" Caught Begging N50k / I Can't Date Any Lady That Earns Less Than N200K - Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by IyaTola: 11:04am On Dec 30, 2019
After seeing the post https://www.nairaland.com/5456607/ladies-marry-guy-earns-n30k of a man earning 30k shouldn't consider marriage Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by ejitest1(m): 6:04pm On Oct 06 - felt I needed to post my opinion so others can learn.

If your idea of a good marraige is to get a man or woman with a good source of income from both parties and a comfortable lifestyle..

It's fine BUT>>>>

let me tell u the truth..

All those things can be wiped in days.. e.g job's good lifestyle wiped in a matter of days...

So what if he or she was a multi billionaire b4 you decided to marry them.

After few months or years, demons of parking everything appears and parks everything? Oh you forgot 1 bad loan gone south can cripple everything?

We focus on one thing, always related to money gain.. nobody talks about the spiritual aspect of marriage.. everyone always goes with - he must be working in shell or NNPC.. We have seen people who retired from those places and went back to square minus 0.

I told my sisters, never should a man bulk salary or business profits energize you to be a reason to want to marry him because if anything happens to that job or business - you will lose interests in the marriage - then divorce...

Marry a man who got a purpose, drive, vision, someone you can support to be something.. from scratch so that even if he crashed you can always advice him back to the top.

Those kinda marriages last long, majority of those men will love you till death.. even if they cheat, you will never find out... and they can never say "where were you wen I was building my wealth?"

When my uncle's friend (Now working in NNPC) a muslim was told to add another wife, I was in that room - he said in Hausa and I quote "you guys were not there when this lady (his wife) had to sell akara to sponsor his transport fares looking for jobs, so I don't want anyone competing Me with her."

If it was all about the money, you think faith Oyedepo would have married David Oyedepo? Am sure he wasn't seeing 30k monthly salary when he started Living faith church...

Btw, ladies - am not implying you should go marry a lazy broke man, rather marry a man who is starting little with dreams and strong visions, such that if everything crashed, he can pickup again and fight back.

221 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by nakaman: 11:11am On Dec 30, 2019
there is a quote that says" it's not how much you earn, but how you spend that makes you rich". you can surely start a life with even 20k monthly salary n grow, u can as well be broke Even if you earn150k a monthly income. ur life ur choice.

296 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by donbachi(m): 11:50am On Dec 30, 2019
Nice write up...GOD bless u.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 30, 2019
this is just nonsense

this what i hate to read, the pity and emotional game, the story that everything can end just in a day.

getting rich and going broke is a process, it just not start and end in a day

but how can you be earning 30k and be in marriage.

i cant allow a man earning 30k to marry my sister..simple as abc

274 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Mgbadike80: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2019
That mumu mindset is why we have so many overaged ladies in their late thirties and forties desperate to get married while been bitter with themselves and menfolk in general. It's like saying that if a lady is earning 30k or less monthly, she has no business getting married. Thank God that as a man, even in my late thirties, i can easily marry a lady of my choice and age. The selective ladies should enjoy their choices with the risks involved.

188 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
Mgbadike80:
That mumu mindset is why we have so many overaged ladies in their late thirties and forties desperate to get married while been bitter with themselves and menfolk in general. It's like saying that if a lady is earning 30k or less monthly, she has no business getting married. Thank God that as a man, even in my late thirties, i can easily marry a lady of my choice and age. The selective ladies should enjoy their choices with the risks involved.

if you have a sister, will your father allow a man earning 30k to marry your sister? pls be realistic

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Mgbadike80: 12:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

if you have a sister, will your father allow a man earning 30k to marry your sister? pls be realistic
If the man is of sound character and focused in life then the answer is yes. My sister should work to support her husband, she's not a piece of furniture in his home. I believe that's what the bible said too.

528 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
Mgbadike80:
If the man is of sound character and focused in life then the answer is yes. My sister should work to support her husband, she's not a piece of furniture in his home. I believe that's what the bible said too.

a man with vision and focus wont be earning 30k. i believe in spousal support, both couples should work, combine income but 30k is nothing

how will this 30k earner pay for rent before they marry, who is bringing whom to the house, the man or the woman.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Mgbadike80: 12:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

a man with vision and focus wont be earning 30k. i believe in spousal support, both couples should work, combine income but 30k is nothing

how will this 30k earner pay for rent before they marry, who is briging whom to the house, the man or the woman.

A man with vision won't be earning 30K? 9ja is hopelessly hard now and even guys with good degrees are teaching excessive workloads in private schools while earning 30k. We all have to start somewhere in this harsh economy. There's not enough good jobs to pass round. Many graduates are doing manual labourer jobs at construction sites. let me ask you, how much should a man earn before getting married?

310 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
IyaTola:
After seeing the post of a man earning 30k shouldn't consider marriage Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by ejitest1(m): 6:04pm On Oct 06 - felt I needed to post my opinion so others can learn.

If your idea of a good marraige is to get a man or woman with a good source of income from both parties and a confortable lifestyle..

Its fine BUT>>>>

let me tell u the truth..

All those things can be wiped in days.. e.g job's good livestyle wiped in a matter of days...

so what if he or she was a multi billionaire b4 you decided to marry them.

After few months or years, demons of parking everyting appears and parks everyting? Oh you forgot 1bad loan gone south can cripple everything?

We focus on one thing, always related to money gain.. nobody talks about the spiritual aspect of marriage.. everyone always goes with - he must be working in shell or NNPC.. beb have seen people who retired from those places and went back to square minus 0.

I tould my sisters, never should a man bulk salary or business profits energize you to be a reason to want to marry him.. because if anything happens to that job or business - you will lost interests in the marraige- then divorce...

Marry a man who got a purpose, drive, vision, someone you can support to be something.. from scratch so that even if he crashed you can always advice him back to the top.

Those kinda marraige last long, majority of those men will love you till death.. even if the cheat, you will never find out... and they can never say "where were you wen I was building my wealth?"

When my uncle's friend (Now working in NNPC) a muslim was told to add another wife, I was in that room - he said in hausa and I quote "you guys were not there when this lady (his wife) had to sell akara to sponsor his transport fares looking for jobs, so I dont want anyone competiting Me with her."

If it was all about the money, you think faith oyedepo would have marry david oyedepo? Am sure he wasnt seeing 30k monthly salary when he started Living faith church...

Btw, ladies - am not implying you should go marry a lazy broke man, rather marry a man who is starting little with dreams and strong visions, such that if everything crashed, he can pickup again and fight back.
It depends on what 30k means to the couple. 30k can be a enough for just airtime in a month and to some it can be enough for a them to live per month. Different strokes to different folks. If he can make do with it why not?

For example,earlier this year spent 27k on a meal for just myself in a Chinese restaurant (desert,appetizer and main meal). Some weeks later I ate 50 naira gala and 7up for a meal because I was broke ( didn't get the money I was expecting).....
At both instances I adjusted according to my pocket. When I had I ate a decent meal,when I didnt have I adjusted to eating gala and 7up. I can cope with any situation around. So the bachelor in question may be able to cope with his 30k.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
Mgbadike80:
A man with vision won't be earning 30K? 9ja is hopelessly hard now and even guys with good degrees are teaching excessive workloads in private schools while earning 30k. We all have to start somewhere in this harsh economy. There's not enough good jobs to pass round. Many graduates are doing manual labourer jobs at construction sites. let me ask you, how much should a man earn before getting married?

exactly, that is why he shouldnt be married at the first place..let him sort his life first then think about marriage

what is 30k? can 30k pay for rent even if he saves.

pls lets be realistic, it is not by force to marry...if both man and woman cant take care of themselves they shoudnt get married...simple abc

people write emotional stuff to convince men earning 30k to go take responsibilities they cant afford, after when the nagging and abuse come they start thinking about sucide or divorce.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Mgbadike80: 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

exactly, that is why he shouldnt be married at the first place..let him sort his life first then think about marriage

what is 30k? can 30k pay for rent even if he saves.

pls lets be realistic, it is not by force to marry...if both man and woman cant take care of themselves they shoudnt get married...simple abc
you can get self contain apartment in outlying areas of Onitsha for 60k a year (or more sha), public yards with shared facilities costs less. They should plan tgeir lives accordingly, and stop assuming that the lady is unemployed, she should get her own 30k job. how much do you think a man should be making before thinking of marriage?

37 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
Mgbadike80:
you can get self contain apartment in outlying areas of Onitsha for 60k a year (or more sha), public yards with shared facilities costs less. They should plan tgeir lives accordingly, and stop assuming that the lady is unemployed, she should get her own 30k job. how much do you think a man should be making before thinking of marriage?

or do you think every one wants to live in the outlying areas of onitsha with public yards and shared facilities

he also has to furnished the apartment, or will they sleep on the floor in the marriage

people arent realistic in this country

the reality is most people earning 30k as salary in this age are still living with their parent, with 30k you cant save especially with the 11.5 inflation rate talkless of getting married.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Mgbadike80: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

or do you think every one wants to live in the outlying areas of onitsha with public yards and shared facilities

he also have to furnished the apartment, or will they sleep on the floor before the marriage

people arent realistic here in this country

the reality is most people earning 30k as salary in this age are still living with their parent, with 30k you cant save especially with the 11.5 inflation rate talkless of getting married.
I'll skip the initial part of your post. the question now is how much should a man be earning before considering marriage? ( I know a few such men thatare successfully married)

14 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

how will this 30k earner pay for rent before they marry, who is briging whom to the house, the man or the woman.

I am a young man in my mid twenties, I am a PhD student in a federal University earning 10k as stipend. Do I have enough vision yet?

135 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
Thiwalade:

I am a young man in my mid twenties, I am a PhD student in a federal University earning 10k as stipend. Do I have enough vision yet?

think for yourself, will 10k do anything in a marriage can it organise anything, the reality is this a bachelor degree holder earning 100k is better than a phd earning 10k as stipend as his only source of income.

but i am sure you have other things doing, you must be a lecturer in that university earning some reasonable amount of money..so stop comparing.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by ImaIma1(f): 1:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
It is not every lady that will marry someone she is starting little with.

It is not every rich person that loses the wealth later (this example is becoming cliche and stale)

Some ladies will marry wealthy and already made men and enjoy their marriage(nothing wrong with this). Some won't enjoy it.

Some ladies will marry guys that they will suffer with and enjoy their marriages(their choice too). Some won't enjoy it.

It's the "not rich" ones that keep criticizing ladies for marrying a rich guy and even try to scare them with the "money will disappear" narrative.

Everyone's choice is personal and they should not be trolled for it

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by ImaIma1(f): 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
Mgbadike80:

Theory

13 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

think for yourself, will 10k do anything in a marriage can it organise anything, the reality is this a bachelor degree holder earning 100k is better than a phd earning 10k as stipend as his only source of income.

but i am sure you have other things doing, you must be a lecturer in that university earning some reasonable amount of money..so stop comparing.

for someone like you, I don't deserve love or relationship at this time? You lack foresight honestly? 2 years from now my PhD won't be a waste and I may earn more than the BSc collecting 100k? FYI, I left a high paying job to continue on my dreams. Didn't stop my lady from believing in me.

126 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by arinzos(m): 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
A Man on a 30k Salary can Marry but it all depends on what the Man Wants. You cut your coat According to your Cloth.
But on a Serious Note,30k Salary is Just Nonsense Except Maybe the Man Has Accumulated it over the Years.
To Me,i Can't Allow my Sister to go into that kind of Marriage. I can't Cage another person's Sister in that Kind of Marriage too.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
Mgbadike80:
Piece of furniture. Lol. You have sense. Bless u.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 30, 2019
Thiwalade:

for someone like you, I don't deserve love or relationship at this time? You lack foresight honestly? 2 years from now my PhD won't be a waste and I may earn more than the BSc collecting 100k? FYI, I left an 100k job to continue on my dreams. Didn't stop my lady from believing in me.

when did i say you dont deserve your fantasy love? but since you wanna comment lets comment.

so basically you dont have experience in lecturing but went for phd

your earn 10k as stipend and your only source of income and you think you can marry with 10k, because you think you have potential after 2 years

now what are the chances of you getting a job after doing your phd, dont forget you have no experience in teaching

most people i know doing phd are lecturers working in the system already.

i think you don enter one chance, a phd without teaching experience in the university is a waste of time.

have you seen recent job adverts for phd holders, a minimum of 10 years experience is required for you to get a teaching job.

to be fair a bachelor degree guy earning 100k is better than you even after you finish your program

nobody is gonna pay you a good pay if you dont have the experience and dont think, you can get good employment in the private sector because you will be over qualified. you will have the prestige of being a Dr but no cash.

people that follow where the money is are better off than people that follow their dreams

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
Op. This your message will just enter one ear and exit through the opposite ear of any NL woman without tarrying one second. Did you see any NL woman on that thread stating that she will marry a N30k per month gateman? Lol. Men earning N30k have their own levels. Don't worry, they will see wife; a woman whose father is earning N10k monthly.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
My colleague at the office is married, has 2children, has a bike, and is staying in a single room self contain and our salary is 17k so just mind your business.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 30, 2019
Mgbadike80:
I'll skip the initial part of your post. the question now is how much should a man be earning before considering marriage? ( I know a few such men thatare successfully married)

100k with career growth..that is the man ready for marriage.

100k monthly...1.2 million annually also career growth.....opportunity to earn more in 3-4 years.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
ChieduJoshua081:
My colleague at the office is married, has 2children, has a bike, and is staying in a single room self contain and our salary is 17k so just mind your business.

but this is poverty.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by praz001(m): 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
Lemme book down space waiting for the team broke.....

funmisticqueen:
that is broke speech right there

One spotted already.... still waiting for the rest.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

but this is poverty.
Yeah it's not new . There are over 1million people who are poor in Nigeria. So they shouldn't get married and just waste away abi? Many of our parents are hoping that we will take them out of poverty that's why they gave birth to us. They can't just waste away like that because they are living poor. OK ? By the way am not married or thinking of it yet although I won't condemn anybody who goes ahead to marry. Just leave them alone.

63 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
Mgbadike80:
that is broke speech right there

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by praz001(m): 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

but this is poverty.

It's not every1 that will start big....

It's a gradual process.....
For instance, I am the only bachelor in my compound a mini flat.... some1 once told me it's a waste of resources that I should get a room pending the time I get married..

To the person, it's a waste of resource. To me it's not....

If they plan out their 17k plus the wife's income, they will be living just fine especially if they are in the rural area...

6 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

but this is poverty.

You're already living in poverty bro, since the very day you were born in Nigeria, one of the poorest countries in the world. - The poverty capital of the world

And what's the 'crime' in being poor when you don't even beg for food?

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
praz001:

It's not every1 that will start big....

It's a gradual process.....
For instance, I am the only bachelor in my compound a mini flat.... some1 once told me it's a waste of resources that I should get a room pending the time I get married..

To the person, it's a waste of resource. To me it's not....

If they plan out their 17k plus the wife's income, they will be living just fine especially if they are in the rural area...

17k with 2 kids and proper planning.. grin grin

father, mother and 2 kids = 4 mouth

17k to take care of 4 mouth monthly...

17k/30 days=567 naira daily for 4 mouth

this is impossible

58 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

See How This Guy Punished Lady That Refused To Give Him Her Phone Number / My Dad Caught Me And A Girl Having Sex / Erriga: No Woman Can Go 3 Months Without Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.