Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? (57616 Views)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? / Lady Who Said "I Can't Marry Man That Earns N100k Monthly" Caught Begging N50k / I Can't Date Any Lady That Earns Less Than N200K - Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by IyaTola: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2019
Khalidase83:
Nonsense! An average wedding cost nothing less than #500k unto manage manage, so when ur #30 k go reach that amount. If u gat to eat, cloth, transport, data etc from the #30k, Bros wetin go remain Let alone save for marriage. Conclusively, it is tantamount to suicide to contemplate marriage on a salary of #30k.
Can I ave abreak down of the bolded. I know a colleague that used 150 for their wedding.

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by BluntBoy(m): 11:37am On Dec 31, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Spiritual in christianity abi?
Still no angry

I don't do Christianity either. I am a believer in Jesus Christ.

But I am not comfortable with being labeled a Christian if I can help it.

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by IyaTola: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2019
uninspired07:
Regardless of the attitude of our women, I think a man earning 100k doesn’t have any business with marriage, let alone 30k. If any guy earning 30k comes to my family asking for my sister’s hand in marriage, it’s pepper water I will use to pursue him.

Who wan die for Nigerian poverty? Guys should leave Nigerian girls alone & try to seek enjoyment & fulfillment outside women. You can enjoy your life without women in it. When you have enough money, you will realize that the urge for marriage will reduce & it’s women that will be begging you to marry them instead.

A man never gets too old for marriage, it’s women that get old. It’s a man’s world after all. There’s no need to rush.
iN THE 21ST century, Check into any lab facility and see the rate of infertility

3 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by IyaTola: 11:40am On Dec 31, 2019
kiss kiss kiss
Benbobola:
Got married 8 months ago while i was teaching earning 29,700. 6 months after, got me a job that pays more than 5x. And i still have bigger career aspirations. My wife is my inspiration to do better and be better. Ladies, Just find yourself a man that has dreams and not afraid to go after them to be successful
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by IyaTola: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2019
missyblissy:
Well, money is. Important but its not the most important criteria for me when I got married to my husband. How much was he earning, 60k and mine was 80k but within a year he changed his job and was earning 250k then I changed my job was my salsry increased to 120k. He had nothing then. Just a bed, TV that's all and was staying with his brother.

I have a principle, I don't depend on a man's money. I have my own money and can do whatever I want with it. I married cos I love him and he's different. I am so happy with my choice cos if I had missed him, whala for dey ooooo. He doesn't joke with me at all and I him too.

Please ladies money is not everything. If you know your man has potential please stay with him. The constant thing in life is CHANGE. He will not remain same forever ooooo. Shine your eyes ooooo. Money can never buy happiness!!!!

A lady says he wants a man that drive a good car and has 4 bedroom apartment and has a good paying job. I told her to cave the man and ask God to bring him down to her. Shes till single grin
Italics grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Ryan03(f): 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
Michellekabod2:
if they are happy with their different levels why not? I personally am not from a wealthy home but the guy I have been talking to is from a wealthy home,we flow well and he doesn't have a problem with it. I am never looked down on for it. So if one of a couple is more bouyant than the other (whether male or female),its fine if they really care for each other
there is no problem if they are both OK with it, the issue is about those coming here to open thread about marrying a guy when he have little or nothing. Its about personal choice, nobody should be blackmailed with the "he might lose everything tomorrow". If a girl who is well to do refuses to marry a guy that is hustling, let the guy look for someone in his class or try another girl who is willing to marry a hustling guy. Nobody should be blackmailed into it because that is the way I view such posts
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Khalidase83(m): 12:36pm On Dec 31, 2019
Boss are u saying u can comfortably marry a woman( traditional and white) with #150k? How is this possible?? No let guys go start wetin Dem no fit finish ooo. kiss
IyaTola:
Can I ave abreak down of the bolded. I know a colleague that used 150 for their wedding.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by illicit(m): 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
IyaTola:
You are extravagant.
am comfortable
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 31, 2019
Ryan03:
there is no problem if they are both OK with it, the issue is about those coming here to open thread about marrying a guy when he have little or nothing. Its about personal choice, nobody should be blackmailed with the "he might lose everything tomorrow". If a girl who is well to do refuses to marry a guy that is hustling, let the guy look for someone in his class or try another girl who is willing to marry a hustling guy. Nobody should be blackmailed into it because that is the way I view such posts
In your Post you didn't talk of people having choice,you clearly spoke against a broke guy marrying a financially stable lady instead of letting both men and women choose who they wish to marry. You were discouraging men from attempting to marry if they are broke,you didnt talk of whether both couple mutually chose to stay together.
All I did was state that they must not be of the same financial class,one may be richer,Or both may be equally rich as long they can manage themselves..

This ain't an issue of blackmailing but asking a simple question if its OK to marry with a low income. Don't mistake telling someone that starting small ain't necessary bad for blackmailing,there are entirely different.ladies should have their choice on who they choose to marry(I personally will opt for comfort) and also men should have a choice on who they wish to marry without being bullied or tagged as "too broke" or "unfit for marriage"
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Ryan03(f): 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
Michellekabod2:
In your Post you didn't talk of people having choice,you clearly spoke against a broke guy marrying a financially stable lady instead of letting both men and women choose who they wish to marry. You were discouraging men from attempting to marry if they are broke,you didnt talk of whether both couple mutually chose to stay together.
All I did was state that they must not be of the same financial class,one may be richer,Or both may be equally rich as long they can manage themselves..

This ain't an issue of blackmailing but asking a simple question if its OK to marry with a low income. Don't mistake telling someone that starting small ain't necessary bad for blackmailing,there are entirely different.ladies should have their choice on who they choose to marry(I personally will opt for comfort) and also men should have a choice on who they wish to marry without being bullied or tagged as "too broke" or "unfit for marriage"
if only you read the original post, the comments that follow and then the initial comment that you quoted, you should have seen where I drafted that comment from. If you can't understand my post or reading a different meaning to it, you are on your own. I am only responsible for what I post, not what you understand. Clear enough?
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by maasoap(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
ImaIma1:

Please let them marry who they want o. That idea that marrying a rich guy will pose problems later is a fallacy created by the "not rich" ones in a bid to keep the women to themselves.

Coz, they don't want to become losers

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
Ryan03:
if only you read the original post, the comments that follow and then the initial comment that you quoted, you should have seen where I drafted that comment from. If you can't understand my post or reading a different meaning to it, you are on your own. I am only responsible for what I post, not what you understand. Clear enough?
No one hinders you from making posts. no one hinders me from quoting you based on the comments you make.

I will check the previous posts though,I may have commented on half information gotten from the thread.

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by maasoap(m): 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
Khalidase83:
Nonsense! An average wedding cost nothing less than #500k unto manage manage, so when ur #30 k go reach that amount. If u gat to eat, cloth, transport, data etc from the #30k, Bros wetin go remain Let alone save for marriage. Conclusively, it is tantamount to suicide to contemplate marriage on a salary of #30k.

500k? That mustn't be a must to have or spend. Even if you mange to save up to 500k, one mustn't blow it on wedding day now! What's our problem in this country with extravagant spending?
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Ryan03(f): 1:22pm On Dec 31, 2019
Michellekabod2:

No one hinders you from making posts. no one hinders me from quoting you based on the comments you make.

I will check the previous posts though,I may have commented on half information gotten from the thread.
lol, my dear. After reading the post, I followed up on the comment and go angry with the way some persons refer to those who said they can't marry a man earning such amount as gold diggers and how their husbands can lose everything later. I felt It wasn't right hence the need for that post. If a girl refuse your advance base on your salary, there is no need being angry, everyone got their preference

2 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2019
Ryan03:
lol, my dear. After reading the post, I followed up on the comment and go angry with the way some persons refer to those who said they can't marry a man earning such amount as gold diggers and how their husbands can lose everything later. I felt It wasn't right hence the need for that post. If a girl refuse your advance base on your salary, there is no need being angry, everyone got their preference
exactly,we are together on this. I hate it when people are bullied for their choice. Why force a lady to marry who she doesn't want to?are you the one going live in the marriage?
I am against bullying or manipulating any gender to settle for less than their spec.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2019
BluntBoy:

I don't do Christianity either. I am a believer in Jesus Christ.

But I am not comfortable with being labeled a Christian if I can help it.

I need to ask again you well so?

Wetin you type make sense to you?
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by BluntBoy(m): 1:35pm On Dec 31, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

I need to ask again you well so?
Wetin you type make sense to you?
When we marry, everything will make sense.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Johnboom: 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
lilwetdick:

100k with career growth..that is the man ready for marriage.

100k monthly...1.2 million annually also career growth.....opportunity to earn more in 3-4 years.

Sir, you are not realistic. I know people that married far less with 50 thousands naira per month and they are doing ok.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Khalidase83(m): 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2019
Are u saying #500k traditional and white wedding is extravagant? If ur answer is yes then I hail you boss.
maasoap:

500k? That mustn't be a must to have or spend. Even if you mange to save up to 500k, one mustn't blow it on wedding day now! What's our problem in this country with extravagant spending?
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Oduduwa707: 4:26pm On Dec 31, 2019
lilwetdick:

a man with vision and focus wont be earning 30k. i believe in spousal support, both couples should work, combine income but 30k is nothing

how will this 30k earner pay for rent before they marry, who is bringing whom to the house, the man or the woman.

One of the >90% of Nigerians that are mentally deranged
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by maasoap(m): 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2019
Khalidase83:
Are u saying #500k traditional and white wedding is extravagant? If ur answer is yes then I hail you boss.

No, it is not extravagant. But one doesn't need to save 500k towards wedding if you understand me. Spending 500k on the wedding should be left for those who can conveniently afford it.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by MrSly(m): 4:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
funmisticqueen:
that is broke speech right there
Is broke the vocabulary you know. Being a lady does not excuse you from being tagged broke regardless of your gender.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by ImaIma1(f): 4:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
Oduduwa707:

One of the >90% mentally deranged Nigerians. angry

Audio
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by isyourboy(m): 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
Mgbadike80:
If the man is of sound character and focused in life then the answer is yes. My sister should work to support her husband, she's not a piece of furniture in his home. I believe that's what the bible said too.

Lie
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by shakaZuIlu: 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2019
Oduduwa707:

NkitaAla, NgadaAwo… Let's see how you go take make am into 2020... grin
I don't have time for trolls
stop quoting me please
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Oduduwa707: 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2019
shakaZuIlu:
I don't have time for trolls
stop quoting me please

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by DECENCY3: 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
BluntBoy:

Sometime in 2009, I was earning 6k. The lady I was with was the one who practically wooed me, and even asked for marriage. Being a master's holder in Mathematics, and being also a man who knew my mathematics like the back of my hand, she always told me I would do something great in the world.

She was nice and supportive in her own way, but she was rude, and could be insensitive sometimes. I am not a headstrong person but when she was becoming excessively controlling and manipulative, I had to become stubborn myself over things that I felt strongly about. During an argument, she told me that "She was managing me" and I told her that "Not having money does not mean I have to become your slave".

I saw hell. But people out there (family and friends) would be seeing a good girl in her because she was staying with a broke guy like me. Anyway, 2011, I won a scholarship and went for a theology program in Ireland, afterwhich I went for a master's in India. The church was paying me because I was ministering as well as studying. My salary had increased by then. Moreover, I was also teaching mathematics online and contributing to online textbooks for open distance learning. So, I was beginning to earn some money.

So, I sent money home from India. About 200k in naira. That was 2013. It went into her account and I instructed her to give 100 to my godmother. 50 to my dad and to keep 50 for herself. This woman said nasty things to me based on that distribution. I explained my reason for the distribution through email because she would not let me explain on the phone. My dad received pensions from the government and earned from the church where he plays the organ. I sent 100k to my godmother because since I lost my mom, she has been extraordinarily supportive without complaining one bit. Back in university, my dad always sent 8k to me as pocket money. It was my godmother that used to add another 8k to make me live well. And then I told this woman that I sent 50k to her because she had a job. Anyway, next time, I sent another 200k and asked her to take 100k for herself and give 50-50 to my godmother and dad. Just like before, she started a fight accusing me of not being transparent, that I must have sent money to my godmother somehow and was using this distribution to fool her. Then she started her usual tirade about how she stayed with me when I was as poor as a church rat. How many women could do that? Bla bla bla.

Anyway, when I came back to the country, I got a job with a steady income. And I told her to just leave my life for good. Initially, she was remorseful. But when I refused to go back on my words, she began her nonsense tirades.

My point is: Staying with a man when he had nothing is not enough for him to marry you or be good to you when he makes it. How did you treat him when he had nothing? The one that even hurt me the most was the comparison she always made and how she would make it seem like she could leave me anytime and any rich man would be waiting to accept her without stress. It was her favorite way of manipulating me into doing whatever she wanted.

You wouldn't understand, I can't blow my trumpet but I know I am good in my own way though I have fault too. But for every member of his family to stand by me(not money wise) shows my character.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Contumely: 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2019
Lighthouseman:

Never neglect the days of humble beginnings.
Sometimes, it's not about salary. I earn 30k monthly, if I come late in a month, might end up with 28k but on this same job, I'm a landlord. I'm better than folks earning 100k.
Salary will deceive lots of ladies.
Look out for vision, resilience and the I can do spirit.
If she rejects you for sake of salary, go for Thanksgiving.

How did you become a landlord please?
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Contumely: 12:30am On Jan 01, 2020
BluntBoy:

Sometime in 2009, I was earning 6k. The lady I was with was the one who practically wooed me, and even asked for marriage. Being a master's holder in Mathematics, and being also a man who knew my mathematics like the back of my hand, she always told me I would do something great in the world.

She was nice and supportive in her own way, but she was rude, and could be insensitive sometimes. I am not a headstrong person but when she was becoming excessively controlling and manipulative, I had to become stubborn myself over things that I felt strongly about. During an argument, she told me that "She was managing me" and I told her that "Not having money does not mean I have to become your slave".

I saw hell. But people out there (family and friends) would be seeing a good girl in her because she was staying with a broke guy like me. Anyway, 2011, I won a scholarship and went for a theology program in Ireland, afterwhich I went for a master's in India. The church was paying me because I was ministering as well as studying. My salary had increased by then. Moreover, I was also teaching mathematics online and contributing to online textbooks for open distance learning. So, I was beginning to earn some money.

Please what type of scholarship was that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

An Ex Posted My Picture Tagging It RIP Pls I Need A Legal Or Best Advice / My Girlfriend Just Posted Someone Else Love Of My Life / Man Searches For A Wife On Twitter. States The Attributes. See Reactions (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.