Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response (83998 Views)

EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency / Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank / Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Danwakae(m): 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
wirinet:

The Ghanaian response to me was silly. How can you take notice of a declaration made by the president of West African Economic and monetary union on a decision taken by 8 (francophone ) countries (in alliance with france), without your input, for such important issue as the country's currency, and you say you welcome the decision. That's stupidity.

Nigeria's response was more mature. It simply means we have to study the declaration to arrive at a decision.

It's not a new issue ...lie to me that u have not heard about the ECO currency before all this notice ... It's part of the AFTCA trade deal and this is just implementation , this ECO currency will ease transactions because of the different currencies of countries involves...Those Nigerians rep are lazy and are Quackery

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Changeofscene(m): 4:40pm On Dec 31, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
I hope Nigeria won't join to adopt that crap, cos obviously France has already hijacked the whole thing. Even ghana that is supposed to be smarter than these mumu francophone neighbors too have joined. God help west africa,i guess that's why France is sponsoring boko haram and taking advantage of our useless leaders to destabilize Nigeria cos they know Nigeria is the only thing stopping them from a total western africa domination.

Exactly my thoughts.What is even wrong with France,what do they take us for?They have been milking funds from their francophone colonies for decades and that still isn't enough for them,they want the whole of West Africa to be under them through this crappy deal called the"eco".

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by ajl: 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2019
seunmsg:

Ghana’s presidential election is next year and I think the current president is only trying to play politics with the ECO thing. The talk of Ghana joining a French backed ECO will collapse after the election.

Ghana as a the leading pan-African nation will surely not align with France. It will severely dent their pan-African image. Ghana's letter on this issue is mere politics. A lot African-Americans are moving to Ghana simply because Ghana is the foremost pan-African nation. For example, total annual spending of African-Americans in the US is $1.2 trillion. Imagine the continuing trend if African-Americans moving to Ghana stops, so does the flow of dollars. France can't be of any good to any African country on the long term. France is a evil country. Ordinary fought and won a war against France but the evil that France perpetrated in Haiti left that country in penury. If not, Haiti should be doing very well now. These francophone African countries should use Haiti as an example of the evil of France and that nothing good can come out of their fraternizing with France.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Multiplier7(m): 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Nigerians are very funny sets of people. The Ghanian Cedis is one of the worthless currencies in West Africa. How Nigerians make it in other West African countries is the Nigerian government subsidy of virtually everything in Nigeria. Buy it, transport it to Ghana, Togo n the rest n make a ton of money. Also the American dollar is easily spent in almost all West African countries but Nigeria.

As for Ghana Cedis,in 2007 it was 9000 Cedis to a dollar. In 2008, they rounded it up to 10000Cedis n made it 1Cedis to 1 dollar. This is 11 years later it's now 5.7 Cedis to 1 dollar. Now put back the 000. What is your answer? That's the true value of Ghana Cedis.

Simply summarized my brother. Nice one
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by realoscar84(m): 4:49pm On Dec 31, 2019
Nigeria will never adopt that rubbish currency called eco. France has been controlling the economies of the French west Africa for so long. They connived with quattara to hijack this new currency so as to isolate Nigeria. We will show them we can stand alone n prosper. West africa is Nigeria and Nigeria is West africa. Nigeria economy alone is bigger than the economies of other West african countries combined. Don't applaud Ghana, they only want to spite Nigeria out envy n jealousy. Lagos economy alone is far far bigger than Ghana economy. Useless French who has been deluding herself as one of the world power relying on the blood and labour of her former colonies. The population of West africa is in the region of 380 to 390millions, out of this Nigeria alone is over 200million. Reason am na

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Multiplier7(m): 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2019
ajl:

Ghana as a the leading pan-African nation will surely not align with France. It will severely dent their pan-African image. Ghana's letter on this issue is mere politics. A lot African-Americans are moving to Ghana simply because Ghana is the foremost pan-African nation. For example, total annual spending of African-Americans in the US is $1.2 trillion. Imagine the continuing trend if African-Americans moving to Ghana stops, so does the flow of dollars. France can't be of any good to any African country on the long term. France is a evil country. Ordinary fought and won a war against France but the evil that France perpetrated in Haiti left that country in penury. If not, Haiti should be doing very well now. These francophone African countries should use Haiti as an example of the evil of France and that nothing good can come out of their fraternizing with France.

Lol! Which African Americans are moving to Ghana? Please tell us a lie we can understand.

The return whatever they did this 2019 is just for the black Americans to know their root which is African. Right now many of them have already gone back to where they came from. So what are you insinuating?

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Pedrotina11: 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2019
APCNig:

So you expect Nigeria to just accept it? You must be dreaming. Nigerria is West Africa, no Nigeria, no West Africa. We closed our boarders and all West African countries are crying and weeping. So, we take the shoots and as the Chairman, we speak last. If we Nigeria do not accept it, ECOWAS will have no other choice than to also rescind its decision, else we will muzzle ECOWAS to death. And with Major General Muhammadu Buhari on the seat, Nigeria can kill the whole ECOWAS economically.

So u wanna act a fool on the last day of the year...I pity u..Nigeria is west Africa and cannot boast of 6hrs constant light while Ghana has constant light...
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by jay169: 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2019
quentin06:
So what , you ve got to compare the economies of the respective countries, cant be in a hurry to join ravaged war torn countries , you ve got to consider things like migration, balance of trade deficits, Ghana only made this comment because it will benefit, do you hear south Africa saying anything about this?
Don't do this man! South what?

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by knowledgeable: 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2019
EzeIgbo1:
Let me advice everyone here reading this. You can take serious advantage of this new eco move by these foolish french countries and i will show you how.

1) Nigeria long forsaw this move to adopt eco afterall we were part of those who spoke up in support of it but after some checks we decided to slow down the process and focus more on growing Nigeria by Nigeria. I thank God for that strategic move by Buhari and i will tell you why

Since they say they will peg the eco to the euro you can expect the eco to be introduced at around 5 eco to a euro because france would never allow it to be 1 to 1. Even if this is not allowed, the french countries in West Africa who would adopt this currency do not have strong enough economies to sustain the value so expect either loans from france to these countries as buffers which is not sustainable and would be solely targeted at keeping those countries in a debt trap or a gradual devaluation of same eco due to the weak economies of the countries adopting her.

So if you are into manufacturing or Agriculture this is the time for you to make it big.

The eco would only be able to be spent in the countries which adopted it and not outside it so as a Nigerian businessman who exports, start targeting these countries who will adopt this eco and convert your prices to the new value, make your money off them and save back home in Nigeria. This is to your advantage and not their advantage.

Do not import from them because you will pay heavily due to the value change but because we have a very large economy we can export to them and at their new rates.

This border closure thing was a good thing because it has opened our eyes to what we can do as Nigerians and i think we need to take it seriously. I am in Ghana right now and just want to launch a product i invented and approved by their government here for mass production and then in about 6 months i will be back in Nigeria to tap into this eco to my own advantage.

Youths get up and form cooperatives. Put your resources together and embrace farming as a group effort if you cannot do it alone. You can then work on exports of your produce as a group effort and split the proceeds quarterly.

I am an entrepreneur and recognizing opportunity is my strong side and this is a huge opportunity for the discerning mind.

They want to block out Nigeria but we can take advantage of their attempt and get their money. easy money.

My brother, your analysis is spot on, but the critical question we have to ask ourselves is this. If the Eco is pegged to Euro, what is Euro pegged to?

Secondly, China is the biggest trading partner to all African countries, and what is yuan(Chinese currency) pegged to?

Thirdly, the trade wars between the dollar & yuan as it will impact Africa/west Africa/ Nigeria. The politics of debt trap and the realities of it to African countries. Mind you China remains committed to the long term infrastructural development of African countries and France and other powerful economies don't like that a bit.

Lastly but not the list, the new disruptive technologies of the fourth industrial revolution, block chain technology, 5gs, internet of things, algorithm, robotics, klipto currencies etcs.

... because the stakes are extremely & critically to high for France/European countries for China in Africa, France decision on Eco must surely depends on their fully understanding of the above mentioned factors and so do we in Africa/West Africa/Nigeria.

By the, Abum nwa afor studying the new world as it unfold...

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by obama30: 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
golddust6000:
Have seen ever seen where Chinese president speak English?
Is English a sign of knowledge?

Is Chinese now English country, upon your education you still made mistake. sorry Buhari is better than you
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by willybaby(m): 5:06pm On Dec 31, 2019
APCNig:

So you expect Nigeria to just accept it? You must be dreaming. Nigerria is West Africa, no Nigeria, no West Africa. We closed our boarders and all West African countries are crying and weeping. So, we take the shoots and as the Chairman, we speak last. If we Nigeria do not accept it, ECOWAS will have no other choice than to also rescind its decision, else we will muzzle ECOWAS to death. And with Major General Muhammadu Buhari on the seat, Nigeria can kill the whole ECOWAS economically.
you started nicely but ended badly, Nigeria has been shouldering ecowas since inception and now we choose to protect our interest you say we destroying economies, any nigerian president who accepts this cfa of a thing would be a mad man, it favours us in no single way.. instead it takes us back to colonial times France an enemy and competitor of the great Nigerian nation since day 1

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by obaaderemi: 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
Danwakae:

What are u even saying ??...

If it's not favourable to u, sign out , opt out , its not by force... As far back as 2years ago , I have been hearing about this ECO currency to ease AFTCA trading because we use different currencies , it's just to stabilize everything so that nobody will be at the receiving end of the trade...Nigeria rep on this issue are all lazy brain dead, because there is nothing new, after u have seen the blue prints which contains everything, it took u time to go through it and agree to be part of it , now , u still want to go through it again ... What happened to the blue prints given to u ??, When u said u need time to go through it before agreeing to be part of it , what were u going through then ??... Nothing is new , this is just implementation of the blue prints...Nigeria just keeps embarrassing itself with unqualified reps and foreign diplomats, everything as become by connection, no merit... That's how some foreign criminals are trying to dup Nigeria with fake deal , because of quackery...
This is childish! Do you know for how long Britain has mulled the idea of Brexit?
Britain a foremost European country did not even join the European Common Community until 1972 when Heath railroaded them into it. Such things require long deliberations. There is hardly anything embarrassing about it. So what has changed between 1972 and now 2019? Why didn't Britain just opt out. Nigeria is West Africa and must study all regional unitary economic concepts placed before it. It could just be a ploy for a foreign power to scam West Africans and have access to the huge Nigerian market. You don't just open your thighs like a slut.That's why we slammed the borders shut after signing the Aftca pact. We needed time to plan that decisive step. That's how foreign policy works. Every truly educated person in the realm of international affairs knows that.

5 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by abeggnow: 5:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
orisa37:
Seriously, NIGERIA is jinxed by Buhari's FULANI HERDSMEN's TERRORISM, RUGA AND BUHARINOMICS.
If u do not understand issues just keep quiet. Nigeria cant adopt the Eco because it is not genuine.They just changed the name from CFA to ECO. The currency is still pegged to the Euro and as such its controlled by France.which means the currency can never grow to a certain level. also if we adopt it then we will become controlled by France.

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by abysirius(m): 5:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
APCNig:

God bless you!! Some people cannot just think. They swallow everything; hook, line and sinker. These countries need us more than we need them and it should she common sense that only Nigeria in West Africa have the power to dictate the tune.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by crash12345: 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2019
EzeIgbo1:
Let me advice everyone here reading this. You can take serious advantage of this new eco move by these foolish french countries and i will show you how.

1) Nigeria long forsaw this move to adopt eco afterall we were part of those who spoke up in support of it but after some checks we decided to slow down the process and focus more on growing Nigeria by Nigeria. I thank God for that strategic move by Buhari and i will tell you why

Since they say they will peg the eco to the euro you can expect the eco to be introduced at around 5 eco to a euro because france would never allow it to be 1 to 1. Even if this is not allowed, the french countries in West Africa who would adopt this currency do not have strong enough economies to sustain the value so expect either loans from france to these countries as buffers which is not sustainable and would be solely targeted at keeping those countries in a debt trap or a gradual devaluation of same eco due to the weak economies of the countries adopting her.

So if you are into manufacturing or Agriculture this is the time for you to make it big.

The eco would only be able to be spent in the countries which adopted it and not outside it so as a Nigerian businessman who exports, start targeting these countries who will adopt this eco and convert your prices to the new value, make your money off them and save back home in Nigeria. This is to your advantage and not their advantage.

Do not import from them because you will pay heavily due to the value change but because we have a very large economy we can export to them and at their new rates.

This border closure thing was a good thing because it has opened our eyes to what we can do as Nigerians and i think we need to take it seriously. I am in Ghana right now and just want to launch a product i invented and approved by their government here for mass production and then in about 6 months i will be back in Nigeria to tap into this eco to my own advantage.

Youths get up and form cooperatives. Put your resources together and embrace farming as a group effort if you cannot do it alone. You can then work on exports of your produce as a group effort and split the proceeds quarterly.

I am an entrepreneur and recognizing opportunity is my strong side and this is a huge opportunity for the discerning mind.

They want to block out Nigeria but we can take advantage of their attempt and get their money. easy money.
hahahahaha, you want to take advantage of we Ghanaians and outsmart us.Very funny.i can see you don't realise that Ghana is Nigeria's wildest nightmares in this world since independence especially when you underestimate our size.

Have you forgotten how your forefathers made huge investments in the 50s and 60s in Ghana owning majority of businesses and properties. Do you know what we did to them,we made them amass all their businesses and properties and enacted one law to deport all of them.That law is still around buh we have metaphorically quote it as GIPC laws which forbids foreigners from engaging in any business unless you have a capital of 500,000 to 1 million dollars.The party and government who did that sacking in 1969 is called the UP party and they have now changed their name to the NPP party and are now the current governing party.,Akuffo Addis father was the president then in 1969 whist Busia was the prime minister. Did you hear the president justifying GUTA sacking Nigerians this month at the meet the press buh he keeps laughing with Buhari together. Fear that old lawyer

Currently over 600 Nigerian shops are under lock and key in Circle alone and over 400 in Accra,Opera Square whilst hundreds are locked in Kumasi Suame.Listen to your friend who told you to be careful of Ghanaians cos we watch everything closely in our country. We collapsed over 12 banks since last year and Nigerian banks such as Energy Bank,First Atlantic Bank and others closed down.Glo is in comma in Ghana now buh we have not touched it yet.They were about to be closed for non payment of taxes.

Now let me tell you about this ECO.We will make sure Nigeria gets confused on whether to join or not to whilst we lobby for the Headquarters of the Central Bank to manage the ECO just as we did to win the bid to host the Africa Free Trade Agreement Headquarters so now Ghana is the capital of free Trade in Africa .

We are the second largest economy in ECOWAS in terms of population and GDP with 68 billion dollars GDP.By the time Nigeria realise the benefits of the ECO and wants to join later just as the Africa Free Trade Agreement, by then Ghana had already become the Headquarters of the ECO currency. Why do you you think we indicated in the letter that a Central bank of ECOWAS needs to be built first.

Cote d'Ivoire is our direct cousin and we share the same Akan majority ethnic group and their president is now the ECOWAS president so we will consult him so that we house the Central Bank. France will be our direct ally so as the USA is.Then Ghana takes over as the Regional leader in West Africa.Don't worry Nigeria can survive on it's own buh ECOWAS and Africa should be ours cos we are known as the black star of hope and glory of Africa .Forget our 30 million population.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by abeggnow: 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2019
alamarmeen:
so what do u expect....
the way some people here understand issues both national and international is very pathetic to say the least.
France have already hijacked the eco of a thing. there are numerous write up(s) on it and how so.
Do u seriously think France will let go of over 500billion just like that without a fight...what France did was to preempt Nigeria's moves using their stooge in Ivory Coast.
As for Ghana their they are non starter...they are just after anything that they know Nigeria is or will be against.. they lack the weight to set the terms in W/Africa sub region.
Also they Ghana lacks a strategic dept.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by softworldsystem(m): 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
OK WE HAVE HEAR
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by abeggnow: 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
post=85374543:
Nigeria never told ECOWAS that they are interested in a single currency up till this moment.
That has been going on for years now.
So won't they reply them that they will get back at them?!
Nigeria’s naira is often seen as the likely anchor currency for ECOWAS, due largely to country’s sheer economic size and political importance.
This role would be akin to the one played by the German deutsche mark in the period leading to the introduction of the euro.
Our Conclusion : The Eco will clearly not be the panacea for West Africa’s myriad problems, including high levels of unemployment, especially among the burgeoning population of youth and the increasing numbers of the poor.
The lessons from the eurozone highlight continuing challenges among a group of highly developed countries with very strong institutions.
ECOWAS will do well to heed these lessons.
Also, efforts by member states to strengthen domestic macroeconomic frameworks are important.
Concerted efforts must be made to reduce the inordinate bureaucratic delays that severely constrain exports and imports at the border.
Launching the single regional currency, the “Eco,” by December 2019 is, at best, an expensive distraction that the people of West Africa can ill afford at this particular moment.
We stand with Nigeria.
Shame on the OP that brought this rubbish here, whatever his mission was and bigger shame on the illiterates typing jargons everywhere.
Lazy tins!

It is always good and refreshing to know that we still have reasonable and intelligent people like you guys on this forum.
Compared to the illiterates and pessimistic wailers that have nothing upstairs but just take side with anything that can make the country look bad.
Ireedeemable and pathetic tins they are.
No wonder Cownu called them whatever he addresed them as!
The truth is the bulk of Nigerian are ignorant at best, they don't read and they're guided by sentiments, hearsay, and emotions.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by wirinet(m): 5:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
Danwakae:

It's not a new issue ...lie to me that u have not heard about the ECO currency before all this notice ... It's part of the AFTCA trade deal and this is just implementation , this ECO currency will ease transactions because of the different currencies of countries involves...Those Nigerians rep are lazy and are Quackery
It's not about whether it's a new issue or not, it's about implementation. All The member states must discuss the terms and conditions of adopting the new currency. UK did not adopt the euro for reasons best known to it. A single block (francophone countries ) can't just sit and decide the terms and conditions of the new currency.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by golddust6000(m): 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
Is Nigeria English country? I am better than you, slave.
obama30:

Is Chinese now English country, upon your education you still made mistake. sorry Buhari is better than you

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by uwabuwa888: 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
Am here reading all the write ups... About France...

But this people forget that Great Britain as also a back bone of Nigeria... And they will be silent as France take over the economy of west Africa?.
And to my brothers in Nigeria esp Igbo.. Nigeria can never divide rather the decentralization of power from the center occurs which will intend bring massive development in Nigeria...

This is just to tell u people that Africa is the next destination foreign country economy sustainability!!!
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by sammyj: 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2019
Hmmm food for thought !!! wink
Stalwert:

The next generation may God help us. A question was asked what if your wife have fallopian tubes what will you do. On the average many people were unhappy their website wives have fallopian tubes and some will go to the hospital to remove it.

My point is many people in this country prefer making ignorant statements rather than educate themselves.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by aminusodiq(m): 5:25pm On Dec 31, 2019
APCNig:

u ar very right... I dont like buhari.. But i suport him on dis one; takin such decision needs time and analysis

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Alexpetra: 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2019
APCNig:

grin...so APCNig don enta nairaland!!...hahahahahah na now Savage replies start
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by EzeIgbo1: 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2019
knowledgeable:

My brother, your analysis is spot on, but the critical question we have to ask ourselves is this. If the Eco is pegged to Euro, what is Euro pegged to?

Secondly, China is the biggest trading partner to all African countries, and what is yuan(Chinese currency) pegged to?

Thirdly, the trade wars between the dollar & yuan as it will impact Africa/west Africa/ Nigeria. The politics of debt trap and the realities of it to African countries. Mind you China remains committed to the long term infrastructural development of African countries and France and other powerful economies don't like that a bit.

Lastly but not the list, the new disruptive technologies of the fourth industrial revolution, block chain technology, 5gs, internet of things, algorithm, robotics, klipto currencies etcs.

... because the stakes are extremely & critically to high for France/European countries for China in Africa, France decision on Eco must surely depends on their fully understanding of the above mentioned factors and so do we in Africa/West Africa/Nigeria.

By the, Abum nwa afor studying the new world as it unfold...

God bless you bro

Here are a list of countries in Africa who pegged their currency value to the euro even before the eco fully emerges

Benin
Burkina Faso
Guinea-Bissau
Ivory Coast
Mali
Niger
Senegal
Togo
Cameroon
Central African Republic
Chad
Republic of the Congo
Equatorial Guinea
Gabon

Notice they are all French speaking countries and former french colonies?
The euro is pegged to the economies of the strongest countries in Europe and these are Germany which is the fourth strongest economy in the world with an economy worth $3.4 trillion, followed by the United Kingdom with an economy worth $2.9 trillion. France is third on the list with $2.4 trillion.

Do you see the power play france is trying to play by leveraging off and leeching off these African countries?

Germany narrowly avoided recession in 2018 and if they had hit recession the value of the euro would sharply drop. If the eco is tied to the euro it too would suffer badly.

In essence herein is the slavery and recolonization part. These African countries cannot function independently and outside the limits they have been placed. They cannot make economic decisions on their own. So they are tied at the hip to France, Germany and UK.

Now if UK pulls out of EU which is expected to happen then the euro would be hard hit because $2.9 trillion support just got removed from EU and the eco would be hard hit.

I am not bothered about China and the Yuan. I would rather have Nigeria fully align with China. 2 most populous nations in the world (China most populous in the world and nigeria most populous in Africa) would make for a behemoth of an economy in trade terms.

The eco is not a good idea at this time and i am so glad Nigeria is not enthusiastic towards joining

The west is saturated now so all focus is on Africa and the quest to dominate her. Nigeria is a problem to those who wish to dominate Africa so they want to do everything to cut us down to size and this explains a lot about how Boko haram gets weapons and this move by france.

USA, FRANCE, UK all have military bases in various locations in Africa and for what? Arms Proliferation. They are the ones getting these arms to these terrorists but they turn around and act as if they are helping you fight them. Forked tongue nations.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by EzeIgbo1: 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2019
[s]
crash12345:
hahahahaha, you want to take advantage of we Ghanaians and outsmart us.Very funny.i can see you don't realise that Ghana is Nigeria's wildest nightmares in this world since independence especially when you underestimate our size.

Have you forgotten how your forefathers made huge investments in the 50s and 60s in Ghana owning majority of businesses and properties. Do you know what we did to them,we made them amass all their businesses and properties and enacted one law to deport all of them.That law is still around buh we have metaphorically quote it as GIPC laws which forbids foreigners from engaging in any business unless you have a capital of 500,000 to 1 million dollars.The party and government who did that sacking in 1969 is called the UP party and they have now changed their name to the NPP party and are now the current governing party.,Akuffo Addis father was the president then in 1969 whist Busia was the prime minister. Did you hear the president justifying GUTA sacking Nigerians this month at the meet the press buh he keeps laughing with Buhari together. Fear that old lawyer

Currently over 600 Nigerian shops are under lock and key in Circle alone and over 400 in Accra,Opera Square whilst hundreds are locked in Kumasi Suame.Listen to your friend who told you to be careful of Ghanaians cos we watch everything closely in our country. We collapsed over 12 banks since last year and Nigerian banks such as Energy Bank,First Atlantic Bank and others closed down.Glo is in comma in Ghana now buh we have not touched it yet.They were about to be closed for non payment of taxes.

Now let me tell you about this ECO.We will make sure Nigeria gets confused on whether to join or not to whilst we lobby for the Headquarters of the Central Bank to manage the ECO just as we did to win the bid to host the Africa Free Trade Agreement Headquarters so now Ghana is the capital of free Trade in Africa .

We are the second largest economy in ECOWAS in terms of population and GDP with 68 billion dollars GDP.By the time Nigeria realise the benefits of the ECO and wants to join later just as the Africa Free Trade Agreement, by then Ghana had already become the Headquarters of the ECO currency. Why do you you think we indicated in the letter that a Central bank of ECOWAS needs to be built first.

Cote d'Ivoire is our direct cousin and we share the same Akan majority ethnic group and their president is now the ECOWAS president so we will consult him so that we house the Central Bank. France will be our direct ally so as the USA is.Then Ghana takes over as the Regional leader in West Africa.Don't worry Nigeria can survive on it's own buh ECOWAS and Africa should be ours cos we are known as the black star of hope and glory of Africa .Forget our 30 million population.
[/s]

Wetin this charcoal dey talk abeg? Make the vein wey dey your neck no burst o charlie. Nothing you said interests me. Bye

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Oduduwa707: 5:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
gloriaunobi:
That's not my problems but how do I migrate to Canada

See jamb question... Apply for visa na. angry

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by wirinet(m): 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2019
crash12345:

I respects Ghanaians a lot in terms of intelligence. I hope most Ghanaians don't reason like you.

It seems you just envy and hate Nigeria and Nigerians for no reason whatsoever. Thank god Nigeria and Ghana still cooperate in lots of spheres. You are getting an orgasm because your government locked 1000 shops, what's 1000 shops to Nigeria. Small Ababa alone contains thousands of shops.

You want France as ally as against Nigeria? See how other "French allies" in Africa and other parts of the world are faring. Vietnam fought a bitter war against france and the US, to remove france from Vietnam.

See sensible Nigerians protesting France's destabilisation of West Africa. You people need to join us to push france out of West Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsblEEEcuRs

5 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by aminusodiq(m): 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2019
post=85374543:
Nigeria never told ECOWAS that they are interested in a single currency up till this moment.
That has been going on for years now.
So won't they reply them that they will get back at them?!
Nigeria’s naira is often seen as the likely anchor currency for ECOWAS, due largely to country’s sheer economic size and political importance.
This role would be akin to the one played by the German deutsche mark in the period leading to the introduction of the euro.
Our Conclusion : The Eco will clearly not be the panacea for West Africa’s myriad problems, including high levels of unemployment, especially among the burgeoning population of youth and the increasing numbers of the poor.
The lessons from the eurozone highlight continuing challenges among a group of highly developed countries with very strong institutions.
ECOWAS will do well to heed these lessons.
Also, efforts by member states to strengthen domestic macroeconomic frameworks are important.
Concerted efforts must be made to reduce the inordinate bureaucratic delays that severely constrain exports and imports at the border.
Launching the single regional currency, the “Eco,” by December 2019 is, at best, an expensive distraction that the people of West Africa can ill afford at this particular moment.
We stand with Nigeria.
Shame on the OP that brought this rubbish here, whatever his mission was and bigger shame on the illiterates typing jargons everywhere.
Lazy tins!

It is always good and refreshing to know that we still have reasonable and intelligent people like you guys on this forum.
Compared to the illiterates and pessimistic wailers that have nothing upstairs but just take side with anything that can make the country look bad.
Ireedeemable and pathetic tins they are.
No wonder Cownu called them whatever he addresed them as!
first time ill be liking ur post or prolly quoting u!!! U wrote d truth updia! I concor! Im a true buhari antagonist ; but will neva rubish creative thinkin, gud development or somtin similar based on my biasness or hypocricy! I agree wit d F.G on dis grin

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by donbuchi1(m): 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2019
APCNig:

I agree with your opinion. However, the response from Nigeria wasn't professionally put together.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Area4Area: 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
crash12345:

@1st bolded, did you just say Ghana remains Nigeria's nightmare? I laugh in twi.

@2nd and 3rd, you would get Nigeria to be confused about joining when Nigeria reluctantly has been delaying the take-off of the common currency because we've been so skeptical about the benefits to our economy.

You housing both headquarters means what? Brussels in Belgium houses the EU headquarters building and I guess it has made it the economic powerhouse of Europe.

Every other thing you typed is just wishful thinking, why restricting Ghana to be a regional power, why not for the African continent?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2019
Built2last:
See your government.

Unfortunately nobody is reviewing anything they will tag along

This guy, you are very ignorant o. So you expect us to allow France hijack our Eco. You are pathetic.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Please Call Tinubu To Order, Dele Momodu Tells President Buhari / Pictures Of Ekweremadu’s Properties Marked For Seizure / 3 In 1 Flyover Built In Kano By Governor Ganduje (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.