Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response (83754 Views)

EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency / Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank / Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Stalwert: 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2019
sammyj:
Kindly search using the topic - Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency

Can't believe what I just read. I pray the French countries won't regret their move, especially as they haven't achieve the fiscal requirements to share a currency together.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by BENEAMATA: 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2019
Seventy7kings:
these days, I can see anger in your comments. Have you been divorced recently or what? cheesy take it easy, it is well.
make your contribution to an INTELLIGENT DISCOURSE , you know at least one that affects you like it does every nigerian , but it seems that is asking too much from you so you resort to trolling the one that has something enlightening to say . really ? we are. talking nigeria shunning an unwholsome alliance and you 're here mocking a contributor's holy matrimony . Is this what seun is allowing this site to degenerate to ?

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by arinzos(m): 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2019
Dagger111:
Abeg wait o! Shey countries no fit just print money in excess and start sharing to it own citizens ni?
You no do Basic Economics for School? grin

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nukilia: 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2019
EzeIgbo1:

Na to open your head put intelligence inside remain because one little sense no dey for Inside.
The Ghanaian currency Is a false one. A farcade. You claim it is 5.7 cedi to a dollar when in reality if the zeros were not removed it would have been 570 cedis to a dollar because they removed 2 zeros. This means the real value remains at 570 cedis to a dollar despite the paper money saying 5.7 cedis to a dollar.
This is why this paper value can never defeat the real value and it explains why their purchasing power is very week and as good as useless

This is not about wuruwuru economics, why would anyone decide on his own to either add zero to a currency of a sovereign nation? You need to reassess yourself on matters of economics. 5.7 CEDI's changes for a dollar and if you work in Accra, you can make money enough to keep you running. When you say weak purchasing power I tend to disagree with you. As long as you work in Ghana you can afford whatever you want with the money you receive.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by biafran1stson(m): 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2019
That Nigeria press release was poorly drafted.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by BENEAMATA: 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
jayfolarin:

you are the one that should learn more about issues of commerce before politicizing them. I am not a fan of buhari but this Eco move by the 8 French west African countries without due consultation is absolute nonsense that shouldn't be agreed to by any country worth anything.

Think before oozing out bullshit off your arse
and you had to ruin your rebuttall with that last sentence cheesy i mean , you don't have to state the bleeding obvious .

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by rusher14: 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
Spatta:
The Nigerian reply is one reason being a Nigerian under an illiterate is regurgitating, Actually, I detest the name Nigeria because it is according to myth a combination of Nigga and Area, a name imposed by the Colonial masters just like Yoruba, which was imposed on the Yoruba by the Hausa, meaning Bastard
You can tell that the government of Nigeria is clueless and unashamedly vision-less especially under this regime of a tyrant
Look at how Ghana responded intellectually
Compare it with how illiterates in the Despot's government responded to a serious economic advantage

Were you taught English composition in school?

It's worrying you even have the boldness to call someone an illiterate.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by obaaderemi: 12:58pm On Dec 31, 2019
biafran1stson:
Na, it was concise and straight to the point.

10 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by obaaderemi: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2019
rusher14:

Many of them just came out of some of the many mushroom private schools around. They are shallow.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by jay169: 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
biafran1stson:
How'd they have drafted it? 10 pages, aye?

5 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Amos1423(m): 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
APCNig:

So you expect Nigeria to just accept it? You must be dreaming. Nigerria is West Africa, no Nigeria, no West Africa. We closed our boarders and all West African countries are crying and weeping. So, we take the shoots and as the Chairman, we speak last. If we Nigeria do not accept it, ECOWAS will have no other choice than to also rescind its decision, else we will muzzle ECOWAS to death. And with Major General Muhammadu Buhari on the seat, Nigeria can kill the whole ECOWAS economically.
bros. Make God take time punish you for this.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Consigliere(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
What do you expect from Yunusa Tanko, 1MB brain capacity

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by ykalhaji(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
alamarmeen:
so what do u expect....
the way some people here understand issues both national and international is very pathetic to say the least.
France have already hijacked the eco of a thing. there are numerous write up(s) on it and how so.
Do u seriously think France will let go of over 500billion just like that without a fight...what France did was to preempt Nigeria's moves using their stooge in Ivory Coast.
As for Ghana their they are non starter...they are just after anything that they know Nigeria is or will be against.. they lack the weight to set the terms in W/Africa sub region.

Actually, you are wrong about Ghana. They are just being very diplomatic. They are saying they are excited but these countries should now continue the process to take it to the generally accepted agreement that all ECOWAS Nations, Ghana and Nigeria inclusive agreed to in July of this year, before France and Ivory Coast hijacked the ECO and made this extremely disrespectful move to the rest of ECOWAS.

Believe me, the ECO is now dead on arrival. I wasn't in support of the closing of Nigeria's border initially but now completely behind it, these french nations can't be trusted at all, they are nothing but vassals and puppets of France.

And France sees Nigeria as it's number one Economical threat in Africa. They are using their vassal nations, Morroco, Algeria and the french Nations in West Africa to weaken Nigeria's geopolitical and economic influence in West and Central Africa.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
Better to study the situation for years before taking a good decision than to take a decision in haste and regret for years afterwards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by egbetokuns(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
Danwakae:
This my people tire me ...

Appoint on merit ...
What do you mean. Do you want nigeria to say yes or what. I don't think you know your country. Let's forget about politics. God love us so much.

7 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Ishilove: 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
rusher14:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Neoteny(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2019
Nukilia:

UK can call the bluff not Nigeria! Why go to Europe when you can make the same amount by trading with fellow west Africans! Don't confuse Nigerians with your voodoohari economics. grin grin

You sound like an idiot.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Ayiibobo(m): 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
quentin06:
So what , you ve got to compare the economies of the respective countries, cant be in a hurry to join ravaged war torn countries , you ve got to consider things like migration, balance of trade deficits, Ghana only made this comment because it will benefit, do you hear south Africa saying anything about this?
south africa!,...when did south africa become part of ecowas?,....nothing wey musa no go see for nairaland,..

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by dermmy(m): 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
lovat:
RED TAOISM HAS REALLY DESTROY NIGERIA.

damn

Yea Red Tapism
This your keyboard remember Taoism today abi u don dey practice Taoism? grin

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
OP, don't be an enemy of Nigeria grin
Adequate measures need to be put in place.
First, we'll need to set up a committee of 36 members that will look into the criteria that must be met by the members of the committee that will draft our response letter.
Please, be guided.

Our matter tire me, abeg
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2019
Stalwert:

Can't believe what I just read. I pray the French countries won't regret their move, especially as they haven't achieve the fiscal requirements to share a currency together.

They were already sharing a currency together; the CFA. This rebranding to the 'eco' only serves to make the new currency acceptable to Anglophone W.African countries; putting them firmly under France's sphere, where only Francophone countries were before.

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2019
Watch them create committees and subcommittees to study the "i$$ue"
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by nnaeyes6: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
Ours is right.
We need to study it.
French government announced it not as planned. And by that, have hijacked the project underway.
Any country that wants the adopt the money will then dance to the tune played by French government because they have already done the printing which has not been concluded by ECOWAS member states.
And Nigeria won't just fall into the adoption immediately because the terms won't favour it.
It is financial colonialism.
So we have a lot of time to study it.

6 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by EgusiShankly: 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
Neoteny:

You sound like an idiot.
He's more than that
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by bigtt76(f): 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
Ghana seem to understand the gains to be made trading with neighboring countries as well as travels, tourism between both.... Nigeria unfortunately does not believe in all of that. They're satisfied with their oyel money cheesy

Built2last:
See your government.

Unfortunately nobody is reviewing anything they will tag along

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by BENEAMATA: 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2019
Caustic001:
CULLED AND TRANSLATED FROM A FRENCH WEBSITE ;. And then there is a second thing that makes Nigeria often reluctant, is that it realizes that it is going to have to be the lender of last resort for the eco, since its GDP still represents 70% of that of the ECOWAS, with a population which is half of this sub-region.
enough said .

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by IbitsonReloaded(m): 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2019
gloriaunobi:
That's not my problems but how do I migrate to Canada
Me too bro, who has any idea about it should please let me know
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Jacseyi(m): 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
I suspect trouble is coming to Nigeria this new year, boko haram or ISWAP is about to get stronger if buhari and the fools in his cabinet don't wake up. France has its eye on Nigeria.

They would fail. In fact, it would backfire in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nukilia: 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
Neoteny:

You sound like an idiot.
Thank you intelligent one cheesy
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by pongwa(m): 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
APCNig:

So you expect Nigeria to just accept it? You must be dreaming. Nigerria is West Africa, no Nigeria, no West Africa. We closed our boarders and all West African countries are crying and weeping. So, we take the shoots and as the Chairman, we speak last. If we Nigeria do not accept it, ECOWAS will have no other choice than to also rescind its decision, else we will muzzle ECOWAS to death. And with Major General Muhammadu Buhari on the seat, Nigeria can kill the whole ECOWAS economically.
this guy is a frigging clown
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by slimthugchimee2(m): 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
Nukilia:

This is not about wuruwuru economics, why would anyone decide on his own to either add zero to a currency of a sovereign nation? You need to reassess yourself on matters of economics. 5.7 CEDI's changes for a dollar and if you work in Accra, you can make money enough to keep you running. When you say weak purchasing power I tend to disagree with you. As long as you work in Ghana you can afford whatever you want with the money you receive.

Lol baba go and do research, you sound stupid, currency that fell so much that they just removed zeros from it

5 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Ayiibobo(m): 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
Deepthoughts:
people like you are the ones deceiving buhari,we need other countries just as they need us, Nigeria closed her borders it certainly affected the other countries,now they have seen the effect of over dependency on Nigeria n are adopting new strategies to counter Nigeria n you are here bragging,France is surely behind the be move to preempt Nigeria,if Ghana,siera Leone, Liberia,Gambia is finally convinced n agree to join the Eco unified currency we might be i[b][/b]n[b][/b] f[b][/b][/b]o[b][/b]r[b] t[b][/b][/b]r[b][/b]o[b][/b][b][/b]u[b][/b]b[b][/b]l[b][/b]e[b] so don't just brag,call on buhari be to get our best brains think fast n take the appropriate decision.
what trouble?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos / Mohammed Atiku Abubakar Shares His Coronavirus Experience / COVID-19: 3 Of Abba Kyari's Staff Test Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.