Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 (2664 Views)

37 Bibles That Removed "Trinity" Verse (1 John 5:7) From Their Translation. / Johannine Comma (1 John 5:7) / What You Need To Know About Confession Of Sins From 1 John 1:9 - Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by orunto27: 4:12am On Aug 23, 2020
fortran12:

What is the point? The words? Or what? All the versions say the same thing

Thank You OLODUMARE. FOR OKO MEANS PRICK: HOE: FARM: HUSBAND ETCETERA ETCETERA.
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by fortran12: 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

Don't go there.

Even Jesus told someone to obey the commandment. Are you saying Jesus was mistaken here telling someone to obey the commandments? The man was able to fulfil the commandment then Jesus gave him more tasks...

From Luke 18:18-22 and Matthew 19:16-22
A certain ruler asked him, "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.
You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and mother.’” 21“All these have I kept from my youth,” he said. 22On hearing this, Jesus told him, “You still lack one thing: Sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”…

Matt. 19:16-22, “And behold, one came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; 19 Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?” 21 Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

Jesus was only showing how he was not telling the truth, he claimed he obeyed all he commandments, but he missed the first 2 by placing money above God and also having money as an idol. No one can fulfill the commandments, that is why there was a system to cover sins until Jesus came.

The man asked what he was lacking, Jesus said "follow me". So following Jesus is the real deal.
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by fortran12: 7:50pm On Aug 23, 2020
orunto27:

Thank You OLODUMARE. FOR OKO MEANS PRICK: HOE: FARM: HUSBAND ETCETERA ETCETERA.

English and Yoruba are not the same semantically, you can't compare
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 6:30am On Aug 24, 2020
fortran12:

Jesus was only showing how he was not telling the truth, he claimed he obeyed all he commandments, but he missed the first 2 by placing money above God and also having money as an idol. No one can fulfill the commandments, that is why there was a system to cover sins until Jesus came.

The man asked what he was lacking, Jesus said "follow me". So following Jesus is the real deal.

Ah! When did you become a liar? How many commandments did Jesus mentioned that can't be fulfilled?
How many Christians in Nigeria can give all their properties to the poor and follow Jesus? Are your pastors not among the richest in the world?

Which Bible verse did God say no man can fulfill the commandments He gave?
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by fortran12: 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
AntiChristian:

Ah! When did you become a liar? How many commandments did Jesus mentioned that can't be fulfilled?
How many Christians in Nigeria can give all their properties to the poor and follow Jesus? Are your pastors not among the richest in the world?

Which Bible verse did God say no man can fulfill the commandments He gave?
I expect a civil conversation.
If people could fulfill the commandments why did God create room for sacrifice.
The point Jesus was making is that he cannot fulfil the commandments. That he broke the first 2. No one can fulfill the commandments. They were given to show u Gods standard and how you cannot live to it, so you have to depend on him (God) via Jesus.
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 10:46am On Sep 05, 2020
fortran12:

I expect a civil conversation.
If people could fulfill the commandments why did God create room for sacrifice.
The point Jesus was making is that he cannot fulfil the commandments. That he broke the first 2. No one can fulfill the commandments. They were given to show u Gods standard and how you cannot live to it, so you have to depend on him (God) via Jesus.

1. Was God aware that humans can't fulfil the commandments? Give verses as proofs.

2. What then is the essence of a commandment if it can't be fulfilled?

3. Which law giver ever gives law that he expects would never be fulfilled?
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by fortran12: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
AntiChristian:

1. Was God aware that humans can't fulfil the commandments? Give verses as proofs.

2. What then is the essence of a commandment if it can't be fulfilled?

3. Which law giver ever gives law that he expects would never be fulfilled?

God was aware no one could fulfill the commandments, that was why he gave room for sacrifice. The commandments were not given to be fullfiled, they were given to show man his limits so he can place his trust in God.
In Hosea 6:6
For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.

this verse shows God is interested in us knowing him, receiving his mercy (via his son) not sacrifice etc as a result of not obeying the law.

Man has always been full of himself, virtue signalling, making himself the guardian of morality comparing sins etc. So God who is the real moral guardian steps in and gives the laws; something he knows man is incapable of achieving.

An example is
Lamach comparing sins in the old testament

I have killed a man for wounding me, a young man for striking me. If Cain’s revenge is sevenfold, then Lamech’s is seventy-sevenfold’” (Gen. 4:23–24).

so without an unattainable standard every man will think he is better than the other. Only God saves and he did this via his son, so no man will be able to boast in himself of how good he is cos there is no one good but God (Mark 10 vs 18). God is his goodness sent salvation his own way which is easier than trying to obey laws. Its only pride that stands in the way of man , making him think he can save himself.

1 Like

Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 5:39am On Sep 07, 2020
fortran12:

God was aware no one could fulfill the commandments, that was why he gave room for sacrifice. The commandments were not given to be fullfiled, they were given to show man his limits so he can place his trust in God.
In Hosea 6:6
For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.

this verse shows God is interested in us knowing him, receiving his mercy (via his son) not sacrifice etc as a result of not obeying the law.

Man has always been full of himself, virtue signalling, making himself the guardian of morality comparing sins etc. So God who is the real moral guardian steps in and gives the laws; something he knows man is incapable of achieving.

An example is
Lamach comparing sins in the old testament

I have killed a man for wounding me, a young man for striking me. If Cain’s revenge is sevenfold, then Lamech’s is seventy-sevenfold’” (Gen. 4:23–24).

so without an unattainable standard every man will think he is better than the other. Only God saves and he did this via his son, so no man will be able to boast in himself of how good he is cos there is no one good but God (Mark 10 vs 18). God is his goodness sent salvation his own way which is easier than trying to obey laws. Its only pride that stands in the way of man , making him think he can save himself.

Why then did God ordered all those killings from Moses, Joshua and others?
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by fortran12: 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
AntiChristian:

l
Why then did God ordered all those killings from Moses, Joshua and others?
explain a little more, i do not understand your question
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2020
fortran12:

explain a little more, i do not understand your question

Numbers
Chapter 31
7-12

7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. 8 And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword. 9 And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods. 10 And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire. 11 And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts. 12 And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.

17-18
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves

What is the need of all this killings if not because they failed to obey God's commandments?

If God knew they won't ba able to fulfil the commandments then why did He kill/enslave them?
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by fortran12: 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2020
AntiChristian:

Numbers
Chapter 31
7-12

7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. 8 And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword. 9 And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods. 10 And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire. 11 And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts. 12 And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.

17-18
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves

What is the need of all this killings if not because they failed to obey God's commandments?

If God knew they won't ba able to fulfil the commandments then why did He kill/enslave them?

The law was given to Moses and the Israelites not to the midianities.
There was a reason for the war and all the. I will explain

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? / Why Pastors Must Not Live In Extravagance / Was Jesus Christ A Rich Man With An Accountant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.