Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? (51348 Views)

My Wife Wishes Me Dead Over An Argument / In A Relationship, What Statement Hurts You Most During An Argument? / Lady Shares Tactic Used By Her Ex To Effectively End An Argument With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by johnisaola(m): 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2019
rafhell:
Sex... Trust me
u don't know anything but sex

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Ayobami7(m): 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2019
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Jflex07(m): 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2019
Popmann2:
I've confirmed it
Abeg let me have of view of what that disgusting cretin looks like.
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Isoduwa(m): 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2019
Just tell her to 4fuk up � she will come back begging
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Popmann1: 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
Jflex07:
Abeg let me have of view of what that disgusting cretin looks like.

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Popmann1: 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
Fastestmanalive:

I know ....but you'd have to double it sha grin
he's worth nothing.
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by ikechemez(m): 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
twhy111:
I just keep quiet and hold on to what I believe in.
Na man you be
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Olude193: 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
I say the words

Its all good
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by BlackPantherCri: 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2019
ExAngel007:
How do you end an argument with your partner? Do you apologize or just agree?

Body will phone body. Then settle the matter in bed
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Icon79(m): 7:25pm On Dec 31, 2019
Truer words have never been spoken, ma brotha!

O pari

visijo:
Women have this hidden talent called, 'Lemme annoy him today "

Brothers take note �

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by nnaeyes6: 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2019
It depends the kind of partner u have.

If the partner is like the lady I met with her family on Christmas day that can argue for Africa just to arrive at a win, u just have to agree immediately she starts going further and turn it to joke.
Another kind of lady that will argue with u needs sex to end it. Hot sex!

Another some are just arguing for arguing sake
They don't even know the topuc

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by favour32(m): 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2019
Just agree

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Yewandequeen(f): 7:34pm On Dec 31, 2019
visijo:
Women have this hidden talent called, 'Lemme annoy him today "

Brothers take note �
must u loud it angry

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by angieoluwa: 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by angieoluwa: 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2019
angieoluwa:
someone has to keep quiet. Someone has to succumb.

My friend said I argue a lot, unknown to him, I feel the same way and even drained at his points, I feel someone has to be the fool, but not same person everytime.
i also feel it’s good to express oneself, not sulk you everything, it helps make the heart lighter..
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2019
twhy111:
I just keep quiet and hold on to what I believe in.

Doesn't help most times because if such situations come back up, an argument will resurface
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Gandollaar(f): 7:53pm On Dec 31, 2019
DonMustafa:
In matters like this, one method cannot fit all.

- there are times you agree
- there are times u apologize
- for some type of people you can apologize. Then there are people that too much apology annoys them sef

My advice is this: Avoid what causes back to back wahala with ur partner
@Back to back.. I agree. Very key.
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
angieoluwa:
someone has to keep quiet. Someone has to succumb.

My friend said I argue a lot, unknown to him, I feel the same way and even drained at his points, I feel someone has to be the fool, but not same person everytime.

For me It's not all about just one person agreeing. It's about agreeing and accepting.

I hate it when people tell me it's ok just to get me to shut up, and same thing repeat itself in the future because it was never ok.

Better not to even agree with me let go head to head till we reach an equilibrium or you accept completely. Not some fake submission or surrendering all in the name of peace.
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
Popmann1:
he's worth nothing.

Yeah I know that but you'd still have to double it grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Nwaonyishi69: 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
TissuePaper:
Trust me these hoes are not worth arguing with ...just let them be
The more you run from truth for peace to reign the more you dig the grave for violence or spread the mart for slavery. The way this women's hopelessness is enlarging, men need to fight like in the era of anti-slavery, colonialism or apartheid. Your goodness or gentility will not save men and humanity from these empty headed slay-queens'-movement. If there is a need to change the conditions of relationships both genders need to contribute to it.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Jeferious: 8:05pm On Dec 31, 2019
airminem:
I start to cry profusely wink
You never jam. I go follow you cry sad
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by jaxxy(m): 8:06pm On Dec 31, 2019
ExAngel007:
How do you end an argument with your partner? Do you apologize or just agree?

I just ignore or accept and act like it wasn’t an important argument until whenever if at all it can be discussed again properly. Too much Arguments are not healthy for a relationship cos it reduces the love pretty quick and they can be energy sapping.

I love winning arguments bt I had to consciously learn to let go and save my energy for Smtn more productive when I know I’ve tried and it’s leading nowhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by sprints1: 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
WIZGUY69:

Small boy, everything is not about sex. The sex you're shouting up and down, you'd soon get tired of it.
don't be annoyded everything is not about sex yes but situations like this the proper way is too knack the hell out of your partner..case closed... If you are chopping only one food u will get tired of it but tasting different ones..wo ko le su e rara
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by sprints1: 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
eni4real:
Nonsense!!!
u think so o ye of shallow minds
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by y3mi(m): 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2019
ExAngel007:

how? explain
Bae, 90% of the time what Nigrrians call argument isn't argument but usually misunderstanding!

Nigerians are fond of using a particular word when they mean another thing. An argument is more or less a debate were the side with the most convincing logical point of facts.

You can't call what's usually a conflict of interest an argument whenever their is a disagreement on issues like where to best position the newly bought fridge or washing machine in the house or who should have access to the TV when the other prefers to watch football or a soap drama which happens to be shown at the same point in time, quickly turning into a tense situation, no you can't call all that has argument.

So my answer to your question is...

Best way to end a misunderstanding or disagreement between partners in a relationship is to first cool it off and then thinking of matured/creative ways to agree without technically agreeing for peace to reign. One side just have to give in if both side can't find a meeting point. It's part of the required sacrifice, I believe in marriage.

If one were to be informing the other as to why he/she thinks the earth isn't spherical as popularly accepted and the other disagrees with a counter point, then that is an argument as to whom with the superior point of facts wins but then again an average Nigerians generally don't agree even when presented with convincing fact-based logical argument.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by RiddlesofFate: 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
Stay calm while she exhausts her point (hopefully, she isn't being abusive). Nod intermittently as she talks and give a listening ear, even if you're not directly staring at her.

Even if you have to interject, be brief with your point and let her continue to have the floor. These actions will calm her down a bit and give you a good leverage when you finally talk.

Now to your turn. Don't get confrontational. Don't deflate all her points. It's just about being smart and mature. Just pick 1 or 2 points (the major ones) and counter her points with sound logic. Ignore the rest small points. On the smaller, inconsequential points, agree with her, if possible, or admit wrong.

#END OF ARGUMENT.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by solla22: 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
Its either you discuss the issue after everyone is fully placated and no more malice to ensure the issue is properly resolved or you allow tempers cool and you sweep under the carpet - forget about it.

The first option usually works if at least one person is not heady (stubborn)

I learnt one thing though - let your partner have their way as much as they can but let them know you are not in full agreement
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Bobby2020: 8:14pm On Dec 31, 2019
By saying "let's agree to disagree"
Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by JohnWickLIVES(m): 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2019
So the best way possible is to know that as a Man, you're the beast and the boss outside but when you get home, when you see her, guy humble. No matter what happens, don't aggravate the situation. Calm her down, tell her you're sorry for she offending you (no mumu say she offend u o, just apologise). Then in four days time, go back and in a calm, unarguable mindset, tell her what you didn't like. If she still insists on making a fuss, let it go.

You see the thing with always being the one to be pampered, women want that. They tell themselves it's their birth right and you have to give it to them. Maybe one day, they'll realize some of their mistakes but don't hope on that because you might end up bitter.

So summary, women needs to be pampered at home. Once she's outside engaging other people, she'll humble herself but make her the Queen at home.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by Trutherme: 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
ExAngel007:

is that all u know?

So much can be resolved during that beautiful moment.

Yes, that's all I know after an argument with my wife
Good thing is, she call for it most of the time and who am i to be in denial? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner? by poweredcom(m): 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
The best way is a smack down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'It Was Our Choice To Fall In Love' - Young Couple Who Are Set To Get Married / My Brother's Pre-Wedding Photoshot. / Bridesmaids Serve Hotness As They Show Off Their Assets (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.