Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled (71324 Views)

Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? / She Said She Can't Date Me Because "I'm Too Clean". What Do I Do? / Man Gets A New Car From His Girlfriend's Family For Being Awesome (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Laple0541(m): 5:02am On Jan 01, 2020
For you to have achieved all you claimed to have achieved, it shows you are ABLE not disable, you are just physically challenged and everyone of us has that challenges one way or the other (noone is perfectly made). Tell the lady to try hard in convincing her mother, if your effort is proven abortive, just leave her, your God chosen wife will surely locate you. ALL THE BEST.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Jeweltz(f): 6:36am On Jan 01, 2020
Jarus:
Possibly same as others but creating an excuse

Jarus sir, good morning
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Digmygold: 6:54am On Jan 01, 2020
Then reject them and move on. Place your hope in God. All will be well
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by ddjay: 7:25am On Jan 01, 2020
empirebosscrew:
Good day everybody. So I have lived with poliomelythis for more than two decades now. I have strived so much to achieve alot for myself because I never allowed my situation deter me from achieving my goals in life.

Everything has been going on smoothly: Education up to MSc level, a job, a car and things a man can acquire and say he has reached a level of comfort.

The one thing I'm yet to get is to be in a stable relationship. 99% of the girls I've dated never took me serious and we never lasted long. Some will even take advantage to chop my money and bail after a while. It got to a point I had a bitter negative stereotype thinking all women are mainly out there to exploit a man.

It wasnt until earlier this year when I met someone who changed the horoscope. Like she is so down to earth and actually loved me for me, without even looking at my paralysis. Things were going smoothly until she started becoming aggressive and emotional over little issues.

It took a while but she was able to open up to let me know how her family vehemently told her they dont want to see her with someone like me. They also threatened to disown her if she insisted on being with me.

Currently, we decided to stop seeing each other for the sake of peace to reign in her family. We do keep communication on a 100. We both love each other genuinely and we do not want us to split just like that.

What do we do?
Guy if the girl wants to go her parents way, leave her,there are so many parents and spouse ti be that will take you that way
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by frozen70(f): 7:29am On Jan 01, 2020
truthsayer009:

You know i was having your exact thoughts, but not to seem paranoid or spoiling the OP's mind when he created the thread, i decided not to say it.

It is always good to hear from the horses mouth even if the horses are pretending.

The devil you know is always better, i suspect foul play.

You got it, that's what I was thinking that made me post my comments
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by BIXYBABE: 7:30am On Jan 01, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
Nna go and look for another girl. Don't feel sorry. There are many fishes in the ocean.
when dey don collect his money finsh
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by levite247: 7:47am On Jan 01, 2020
empirebosscrew:

Lol I wish I can.... I can only say that i use crutches and i have never used a wheel chair before
then you're not disaable you're only physicaly challenged. You don't depend on someone to move from place to place. I belief you even drive your car on your own. But even if you're on wheel chair there will somebody who will truely love you for who you are. If the babe truly love's you she will do her home work to prepare the way for you. For me her love no deep. She is a bit confuse. Do she feel ashame when you walk together on the street or she walk in front or behind? If yes then she is not proud of you. And that could be the root cause of the obstacle.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by chukel(m): 8:00am On Jan 01, 2020
BigSarah:
Your only option is a mail order bride , yes you read right.... Leave the young lady only, the argument you are having is not only borne out of her parents pressure, but the psychological impact of having to live with a paralyzed man.
There's no fun in paralysis, I pray God makes you whole since there's nothing he can't do.

Why the insultive mentions?, not necessary nice!!
this is very harsh. But funny as it may sound to you, no one knows tomorrow. You may not even live out this month as complete as you are right now. Jeez, where have you girls dumped your sense of compassion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Adeevah(m): 8:08am On Jan 01, 2020
Offpoint:
Let the rich get married to the rich
let the poor get married to the poor
and let the disable get married to the disable...

Stigmatization has been part of humanity since God knows when.

The world will never accept your indifferences, no matter how hard you'll try.
You have to realize this else you'll constantly hurt yourself.

We live in a world where by:
Graduates believe they're of more important than non graduate.

Uni grad believe they're of more important than Poly grad.

Rich believe they're of more important than the poor.

The whites believe they're better than the blacks

The tall believe they have more advantages of getting laid than the shorts.

The fair skin believe they're more attractive than the brown skin.

The long dîcks believe they can please women than the short dîcks.

let me stop here, conclusion is we live in a fück up world.
I realized this long ago and I've stop giving a fück about people.

If they denied you their daughter, look else where... women ain't gold, they're everywhere like MTN network.

You can never be accepted by all

On point

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Adeevah(m): 8:10am On Jan 01, 2020
BIXYBABE:
when dey don collect his money finsh

You better go and collect your own
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by uuzba(m): 8:17am On Jan 01, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
Nna go and look for another girl. Don't feel sorry. There are many fishes in the ocean.
I once came across one disabled lady. Wheel chair girl. She did same thing OP has done. Has job, bought land, bought car, can drive the car, can take care of herself and her wheel chair.
They now told me that so many men have been asking to marry her. She's the one sending them away because she knows they want to chop her money.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by YelloweWest: 8:25am On Jan 01, 2020
Offpoint:

If they denied you their daughter, look else where... women ain't gold, they're everywhere like MTN network.

U spoke well until you last 2 paragraphs... women are everywhere but the one that loves and understand you especially given the op circumstances, such is rear. Extremely difficult to find!
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by BigSarah(f): 8:26am On Jan 01, 2020
chukel:
this is very harsh. But funny as it may sound to you, no one knows tomorrow. You may not even live out this month as complete as you are right now. Jeez, where have you girls dump your sense of compassion.
I pray you don't get to understand the reason for my statement
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Eleganza33(f): 9:17am On Jan 01, 2020
empirebosscrew my brother I totally understand how you feel am sorry about your experiences so far,, don't give up you will laugh last.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by alasca(m): 10:03am On Jan 01, 2020
Cryomancer:
A full picture of you will help us analyze the situation better and know whether the girl's family is just overreacting.

Nobody should quote me please.... I'm not feeling fine.
really you're not feeling fine. But how come there're plenty insanity here well, common sense is not common.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Rozaytee: 10:18am On Jan 01, 2020
yemifez:

Sorry to quote you but this doesn't sound nice
d guy is just a fool...don't mind him

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by BYallthentic: 10:19am On Jan 01, 2020
Give am belle angry
Or let go, give yourselves time apart
If it doesn’t come back, it was never meant to be
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by miclil: 10:29am On Jan 01, 2020
God will make a way ***no advice needed I guess
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Jugo88: 11:20am On Jan 01, 2020
Me wey dem dey reject cus i seem too nice, perfect and too good to be true.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Amhappy(f): 11:39am On Jan 01, 2020
Try to win her mum and everything will fall in place. If that doesn't work move on. Please when you eventually marry please protect your wife. I know a lady who lost her life in 2019. Her crime is marrying a physically challenged man. The girl was at the mercy of his family and bullies.Thank God you have a job. Because in their case the man is not working, the wife lost her little job and all hell broke loose. She died of heartbreak.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by phillippians(m): 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2020
Jodha:

If the mother is the only issue...there shouldn't be much problems nah... She should focus more on totally convincing her father..

He's obviously the head of the family...and if he's ready to make a stand... it's a done deal...

Exactly if yhu guys are meant to be together nothing will stop it...but that doesn't mean yhu won't fight for eachother...

It's just an obstacle... it'll pass
Ah don't underate the power of a woman in the house o.. Infact it would have been better if it's the woman that is on the OP's side instead of the man. Women have a huge influence over their husbands.

My advice: shower the mother with some good gifts and money to make her be on ur side, women love gifts and money alot

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by PrinxArthur1(m): 1:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
Pls I don't want to crave for huge attention over this small issue I have,so i decided not to open a thread for this,but can any body offer a piece of their mind on this,I have a gal I have a crush on,but she knows that I have crush on her, the main thing is that I have not asked her out ,but I want to send her a new year gift,based on guy code is it good for me, in the long run?
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by AkhereOkaka(m): 1:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
Offpoint:

You've said it all
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by koyyess: 1:44pm On Jan 01, 2020
Let me ask you something. Of all the girls you have asked out, does any of them have any physical disability like you? I guess not.

You don't want to marry any girl with disability but you want your ex girlfriend's mum to accept you like that. Even you discriminate so why are you wailing?

Go and date and marry your type. So many of them with good hearts looking for love. But you don't see them as normal people.

Na you sabi, you go wait tire.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by olamariamjonez(m): 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
Look for another girl.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Aniyeye: 2:06pm On Jan 01, 2020
impregnate her. That will settle the whole matter
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by mafnv9: 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2020
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by xrenzy(m): 6:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
empirebosscrew:
Good day everybody. So I have lived with poliomelythis for more than two decades now. I have strived so much to achieve alot for myself because I never allowed my situation deter me from achieving my goals in life.

Everything has been going on smoothly: Education up to MSc level, a job, a car and things a man can acquire and say he has reached a level of comfort.

The one thing I'm yet to get is to be in a stable relationship. 99% of the girls I've dated never took me serious and we never lasted long. Some will even take advantage to chop my money and bail after a while. It got to a point I had a bitter negative stereotype thinking all women are mainly out there to exploit a man.

It wasnt until earlier this year when I met someone who changed the horoscope. Like she is so down to earth and actually loved me for me, without even looking at my paralysis. Things were going smoothly until she started becoming aggressive and emotional over little issues.

It took a while but she was able to open up to let me know how her family vehemently told her they dont want to see her with someone like me. They also threatened to disown her if she insisted on being with me.

Currently, we decided to stop seeing each other for the sake of peace to reign in her family. We do keep communication on a 100. We both love each other genuinely and we do not want us to split just like that.

What do we do?
Bro stop giving out your pitiful side to people wish we are close I will like to show you how you can challenge everything that comes your way ironically your girl's families rejected you while have turned several girlfriends families down please just learn to love your self and leave no room for emotional pity

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by xrenzy(m): 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
empirebosscrew:

What do we do?
Bro stop giving out your pitiful side to people wish we are close I will like to show you how you can challenge everything that comes your way ironically your girl's families rejected you while have turned several girlfriends families down please just learn to love your self and leave no room for emotional pity
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by duruallwell25(m): 6:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
Since the girl loves you, and the daddy approves, bros give the girl belle, the mother will come begging you!!
empirebosscrew:

I met her father. He didnt seem to have problems with me. It was after the meeting that I discovered her mother is the main issue to contend, who is not backing down on her stand. Well all i am doing for the lady is to encourage her and go for what she wants. Las las if we are meant to be together, nothing will stop it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'Taking Care Of The Vagina Is Not A Small Business' - Lady Says, Man Replies / My 30-Year-Old Brother Wants To Marry A 43-Year-Old Woman & I'm Not Endorsing It / Dangerous Mistakes Most Guys Make About Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.