Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled (71319 Views)

Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? / She Said She Can't Date Me Because "I'm Too Clean". What Do I Do? / Man Gets A New Car From His Girlfriend's Family For Being Awesome (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Larryslim(m): 9:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
So what do you want us to do?? Give you our sisters or what?

My guy go sit down one side..
If you carry this mentality into 2020, I promisie you that you'll sufger than church rat.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by bukkielee(m): 9:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
phenzy:

Does it concern you in the first place ogbeni or can't you see the nonsense you posted up there
What makes it nonsense ogbeni?
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Larryslim(m): 9:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
lilwetdick:
what do you expect

people lets be realistic in this poor country we are

they are considering the fact that you will be a dependent instead of a provider

You didn't read where the guy said he has a job, and even a car?
I doubt the lady has the latter, so who's depending on who?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Emaprince: 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
empirebosscrew:

I met her father. He didnt seem to have problems with me. It was after the meeting that I discovered her mother is the main issue to contend, who is not backing down on her stand. Well all i am doing for the lady is to encourage her and go for what she wants. Las las if we are meant to be together, nothing will stop it
Bro why is it hard for you to see that she is just looking for a cheap way out?

She suddenly became aggressive....this should have made you understand that she might be seeing some one else already, hence, the sudden aggressive turn of things. If she becomes aggressive at you, then she is no longer interested in you. It has nothing to do with her parents. She could have told you that without acting hateful towards you.

Bro, stop spending anything on her again. And have it in your mind that she is making up this excuse. She probably used you to get what she want just like the previous ladies did.

Pick yourself up and move on. Thank God you are financially ok. This is the most important in your life.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Harinholar(f): 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2019
Lonestar124:
Look for another disable person like you maybe deaf and dumb lady, that will make a good pair..
This is how far u can think
SMH...

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by PlanBIncome(m): 9:25pm On Dec 31, 2019
Give her belle. End of story. They have no option thereafter.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by OVA200(m): 9:40pm On Dec 31, 2019
Offpoint:
Let the rich get married to the rich
let the poor get married to the poor
and let the disable get married to the disable...

Stigmatization has been part of humanity since God knows when.

The world will never accept your indifferences, no matter how hard you'll try.
You have to realize this else you'll constantly hurt yourself.

We live in a world where by:
Graduates believe they're of more important than non graduate.

Uni grad believe they're of more important than Poly grad.

Rich believe they're of more important than the poor.

The whites believe they're better than the blacks

The tall believe they have more advantages of getting laid than the shorts.

The fair skin believe they're more attractive than the brown skin.

The long dîcks believe they can please women than the short dîcks.

let me stop here, conclusion is we live in a fück up world.
I realized this long ago and I've stop giving a fück about people.

If they denied you their daughter, look else where... women ain't gold, they're everywhere like MTN network.

You can't never be accepted by all
This is so true and deep I feel like giving you a hug right now.

Abeg I wan copy this words and post it on my Facebook page, am I permitted?
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Offpoint: 9:41pm On Dec 31, 2019
OVA200:
This is so true and deep I feel like giving you a hug right now.

Abeg I wan copy this words and post it on my Facebook page, am I permitted?

Carry on brotherly, spread it.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by baby124: 9:41pm On Dec 31, 2019
frozen70:

Is disgrace a new thing to him

Which family will insult a propose spouse of their daughter at first visit

Worst case scenario, they will reject his proposal, it's a 50/50 thing

How are you even sure, her family told her that, she may have arranged that audio report to keep benefiting from him and still blames her family for their rejection

Let him go and see things himself

When I say he should go without her notice but she will be at home, I want him to unravel things

Then how can her family arrest him as a thief for entering their house, in what manner abeg

Make you dey rehears wetin you want write before you post am
So he will go and introduce himself as who and what? You need to think before giving out advice. Maybe act it out in your head. So that is how you just show up and people’s houses that you are who? Very funny..
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by willy2000(m): 9:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
Jodha:

What will happen...if yhu too "Mr busy body" ...halt yhur swollen thumbs and mind yhur own business?

She didn't even belittle him enough..

If you can take the pains to type yhur, why not type it correctly. It is not a short form.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by OVA200(m): 9:43pm On Dec 31, 2019
Offpoint:
Carry on brotherly, spread it.
In fact am touch by it.
Thanks big bro
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by tsims(f): 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

May u never find ur self in that position
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Offpoint: 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2019
OVA200:
In fact am touch by it.
Thanks big bro
You're welcome.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Offpoint: 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2019
OVA200:
In fact am touch by it.
Thanks big bro
You're welcome.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Offpoint: 9:52pm On Dec 31, 2019
kingarizona1:

What's your brand?? I feel like buying you a bottle of beer coz you just spoke like me
Cold orijin anytime, anydaycheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by gbagyiza: 9:53pm On Dec 31, 2019
superior1:
God just saved you from marrying the wrong person, shift forward, your own woman go come around

I don't think so, he said it categorically that she loves him for who he is, so why are you tagging her a wrong woman? Many people have passed through similar situations before getting married n today they're doing well in their marital lives. What if God touches the mother n she decided to support d Union.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
lilwetdick:
what do you expect

they are considering the fact that you will be a dependent instead of a provider

Did you read the post?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by frozen70(f): 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
baby124:

So he will go and introduce himself as who and what? You need to think before giving out advice. Maybe act it out in your head. So that is how you just show up and people’s houses that you are who? Very funny..

He is a man, when he gets there, he knows how to introduce himself
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by MrJonny(m): 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2019
Jodha:

What will happen...if yhu too "Mr busy body" ...halt yhur swollen thumbs and mind yhur own business?

She didn't even belittle him enough..

It seems you've had a big fight in the past with the letter 'O'

Type after me - Y O U = YOU, Y O U R = YOUR

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by obentenyson(m): 10:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
superior1:
God just saved you from marrying the wrong person, shift forward, your own woman go come around
you must be a marlian. be like sey weed dey your eye. didn't you read the post? the mother na the problem not the girl.... she is just frustrated about the whole issue if her mum threatening to disown her if she marries him.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
hmm inside life
op no worry u will get a good girl who will love u and if the parents object will even dare them to oppose
ur story reminds of one guy wey happen to be albino and train this girl from ND1 to HND.The girl papa is irresponsible hence na this guy come train the girl
When e reach time to marry the girl papa said over his dead body will an albino marry his dauther
the dauther now tell the papa to go an die then
she now went ahead to marry this albino and they lived ever happily after
the girl papa wey say over im dead body had no choice than to approve the marriage
i heard they now have two bouncing baby boys
how did i hear this story?
na my mom yearn me the tory
urs will be like this in jesus name
keep hoping and praying and u will get ur princess who will love u.
PS
i didnt say u should go ahead and be training girls in school oo cos u might be looking for partner
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Samsonklin(m): 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
amiibaby:
Sorry it’s there loss
Bro. Take this or leave it. Get her pregnant. The family will be mad bit later, everything will be fine
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Cecero(m): 10:15pm On Dec 31, 2019
If you're so sure she loves you, as in, you're not imagining it. You're convinced she loves you as much as you love her, just give am belle and forget the rest of the story bro.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Lightangel65: 10:15pm On Dec 31, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Shut up if you don't have brains. If this was outside you for chop slap.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
empirebosscrew:
Good day everybody. So I have lived with poliomelythis for more than two decades now. I have strived so much to achieve alot for myself because I never allowed my situation deter me from achieving my goals in life.

Everything has been going on smoothly: Education up to MSc level, a job, a car and things a man can acquire and say he has reached a level of comfort.

The one thing I'm yet to get is to be in a stable relationship. 99% of the girls I've dated never took me serious and we never lasted long. Some will even take advantage to chop my money and bail after a while. It got to a point I had a bitter negative stereotype thinking all women are mainly out there to exploit a man.

It wasnt until earlier this year when I met someone who changed the horoscope. Like she is so down to earth and actually loved me for me, without even looking at my paralysis. Things were going smoothly until she started becoming aggressive and emotional over little issues.

It took a while but she was able to open up to let me know how her family vehemently told her they dont want to see her with someone like me. They also threatened to disown her if she insisted on being with me.

Currently, we decided to stop seeing each other for the sake of peace to reign in her family. We do keep communication on a 100. We both love each other genuinely and we do not want us to split just like that.

What do we do?

Two of u should fight for it.

My friend with a form of paralysis got married recently. It could happen for u.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Femeto: 10:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
Tragic.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Toks2008(m): 10:24pm On Dec 31, 2019
empirebosscrew:
Good day everybody. So I have lived with poliomelythis for more than two decades now. I have strived so much to achieve alot for myself because I never allowed my situation deter me from achieving my goals in life.

Everything has been going on smoothly: Education up to MSc level, a job, a car and things a man can acquire and say he has reached a level of comfort.

The one thing I'm yet to get is to be in a stable relationship. 99% of the girls I've dated never took me serious and we never lasted long. Some will even take advantage to chop my money and bail after a while. It got to a point I had a bitter negative stereotype thinking all women are mainly out there to exploit a man.

It wasnt until earlier this year when I met someone who changed the horoscope. Like she is so down to earth and actually loved me for me, without even looking at my paralysis. Things were going smoothly until she started becoming aggressive and emotional over little issues.

It took a while but she was able to open up to let me know how her family vehemently told her they dont want to see her with someone like me. They also threatened to disown her if she insisted on being with me.

Currently, we decided to stop seeing each other for the sake of peace to reign in her family. We do keep communication on a 100. We both love each other genuinely and we do not want us to split just like that.

What do we do?

We live in a crazy unfair world bro.

I have typed many things and latter deleted them cos the advice sounds funny..so lemme keep quiet.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by hope4nigeria(m): 10:25pm On Dec 31, 2019
empirebosscrew:

What do we do?
if she truly love you, her family issue is small thing, they will get tired, let them disown her to you, you're more than family to her, but be careful, she may not love you for who you are, trust but verify.
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by 6ixT8: 10:37pm On Dec 31, 2019
lilwetdick:
what do you expect

Alaye. Did you even read the post, didn't you saw where he wrote he's acquires everything a man may wish for

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Ofadaman(m): 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
For most mothers, it's not just about what the child wants but what the mothers friends will say . The need to show off

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Wendybrown(f): 10:44pm On Dec 31, 2019
Jodha:

If the mother is the only issue...there shouldn't be much problems nah... She should focus more on totally convincing her father..

He's obviously the head of the family...and if he's ready to make a stand... it's a done deal...

Exactly if yhu guys are meant to be together nothing will stop it...but that doesn't mean yhu won't fight for eachother...

It's just an obstacle... it'll pass

Actually, it's the mother's that are more difficult to win over. I wish you the best op.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My 30-Year-Old Brother Wants To Marry A 43-Year-Old Woman & I'm Not Endorsing It / 'Taking Care Of The Vagina Is Not A Small Business' - Lady Says, Man Replies / Dangerous Mistakes Most Guys Make About Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.