Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

My Wife Is Emasculating Me - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wife Is Emasculating Me (103706 Views)

I Suspect My Wife Is Having Affair With Her Step Brother / My Wife's Cousin Has Visited & She's Luring Me With Her Thighs-kenyan Man (pics / My Wife Is Going For Service, Should I Impregnate Her Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by ashatoda: 10:28am On Jan 01, 2020
[quote author=RisenPhoenix post=85391041]

Then you should have let her go not given in to her whims. You are the captain who sets the course for the household. If she cannot stay with you through thick and thin, she should find her own direction in life without you.

As for the land, she has a right to do what she wants with her own money.

It's not too late. Get a divorce, she's now a liability on your back. No man can function after he has been emasculated. Hustle hard, marry a more supportive wife, and try to keep in touch with your kids as much as possible.

The last thing you want to be in when you are in economic downturn is a toxic relationship that drags you further down; mentally and emotionally.

Good luck.

good advice and sincerely speaking what I will do in the same shoe
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by ScotMisile: 10:28am On Jan 01, 2020
simonlee:
simple trick....

use a strange number to forward a text to your phone that reads "i will give you N20million and an oil company job if you divorce your wife and marry me"...
then see if she wouldn't go back to factory settings! wink
Hehehehe....then she says you must go and collect the money and job

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Sterope(f): 10:29am On Jan 01, 2020
Eeyah, life is unfair.

She may be guilty of these things you accused her of or you may be the one making your family life difficult. Who knows?

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by pennywys(m): 10:29am On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
fact of life, money changes both men and women because it comes with control. It's human nature

Your wife is not emasculating you, you are just losing control of the power and finances in the family. Do you know how much BS women tolerate from men in marriages because he earns more?

Uncle, go and hustle or give your pants over to your wife and stop complaining
see dem here ugly bitches. Na my type fit marry u to show
u what being a man is all about, handle you in manly ways
I will give you the money the money u so desire

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by chyket(m): 10:29am On Jan 01, 2020
If you want to recover your authority,the first thing to do is take your eyes completely off her money/resources.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 01, 2020
That's is the US and first world country struggles are not my struggles. I wish that every woman will attain financial independence
Martinez39:

You also forgot that funmisticqueen once opened a thread advising women to cut of the d!ck of their cheating husbands, poison them slowly, or go diabolical. She is really a horrible person. Don't be fooled by posts that give excuses or explain away her toxicity and SHE IS PRO-WOMAN EVEN IN MISANDRIC PROPORTIONS. To further buttress my point on the victim mentality and solipsism of modern women, here is an excerpt from her reply to you :
What patriarchy? The same old feminist bullcrap used to justify their victim mentality. They erroneously purport that men have more privileges, men own the world, and things are somehow structured to make things more difficult for women. This same victim mentality peculiar to contemporary feminists is a global phenomenon. In the US where women are pampered and given free privileges, they still complain of the nonexistent patriarchy, nonexistent rape culture, and nonexistent female oppression.

Funmisticqueen knows that women and men have equal rights and opportunities and that comes with equal responsibilities but she is having none of that. Any argument that absolves a woman of responsibility, place the man as a provider, and doesn't support a woman making financial sacrifices for her husband will do for her even if the argument is invalid. The woman must always receive and millennial men are disappointing because they don't want to be women's ATM machines. Patriarchy my ass that funmisticqueen has equal rights and opportunities and she is a doctor.

"We live in a patriarchy. Men already have so much going for them." Trash!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by bjbjbj: 10:29am On Jan 01, 2020
Na so you one take start new yrs

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
I don't troll him anymore and basically ignore him now. When last did I troll him? I actually wish him well because he speaks his truth.

Doesn't stop me from thinking that he's a psychopath though.
he is no more on nairaland self. He complained of receiving hate whereas he dishes out hate....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Charliewyt: 10:29am On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
fact of life, money changes both men and women because it comes with control. It's human nature

Your wife is not emasculating you, you are just losing control of the power and finances in the family. Do you know how much BS women tolerate from men in marriages because he earns more?

Dr were you able to meet the boyfriend you are searched for?.
I would be glad if you understand that the world does not revolve around your beauty and intelligence.
You may attract a man but keeping the man with such a mindset of yours will be difficult if not impossibe for you.

Las las ugo de alright after your POP on 27 Feb.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by awoo47: 10:30am On Jan 01, 2020
maak400:

Sorry about your predicament sir, I can only imagine what you’re going through. That’s the nature of women who suddenly become richer than their husband, similar cases like yours abound everywhere. God did not create women to be the provider of the house, so anytime circumstances happen to make a woman the provider, they simply become proud and treat the husband like shit. Just keep praying and hoping that your business bounces back. Also, ensure that you still put your foot down as the head of your home no matter what attitude your wife is displaying.
what do you mean God didnt create woman as provider? There are several successful women as men nowadays. This case will certainly keep increasing as more women are working and starting businesses. That's why one must be careful before marriage

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by LINTUNE(m): 10:30am On Jan 01, 2020
[quote author=pocohantas post=85401220]

This is why broke horsebands are useless. A jobless wife would try run the home. Nigerian JOBLESS horseband? No way. He will just sit there and be expecting maximum respect for having a prick. What exactly is OP currently contributing? Nothing. Any small thing, they will say emasculating. Oya, go out and make money na grin grin..such men are irrespnsible,but the OP is apparently different,didnt u hear that he was the bread winner until his business stopped flourishing,can't u see her is making effort to recover ..
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by braine(m): 10:30am On Jan 01, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
Your mistake was permitting her to become the breadwinner. When you experienced a downturn, you should have adjusted your family's standards of living down to comfortable levels accordingly, instead of using her own money to maintain that standard. Because you couldn't relinquish the good life, you have effectively relinquished control over your home. No matter how little you make, adjust your expenses to stay within that income. Do not touch her money under any circumstances.

Wisdom!

Thank you for this.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 01, 2020
Martinez39:

You also forgot that funmisticqueen once opened a thread advising women to cut of the d!ck of their cheating husbands, poison them slowly, or go diabolical. She is really a horrible person. Don't be fooled by her posts that give excuses or explain away her toxicity and SHE IS PRO-WOMAN EVEN IN MISANDRIC PROPORTIONS. To further buttress my point on the victim mentality and solipsism of modern women, here is an excerpt from her reply to you :
What patriarchy? The same old feminist bullcrap used to justify their victim mentality. They erroneously purport that men have more privileges, men own the world, and things are somehow structured to make things more difficult for women. This same victim mentality peculiar to contemporary feminists is a global phenomenon. In the US where women are pampered and given free privileges, they still complain of the nonexistent patriarchy, nonexistent rape culture, and nonexistent female oppression.

Funmisticqueen knows that women and men have equal rights and opportunities and that comes with equal responsibilities but she is having none of that. Any argument that absolves a woman of responsibility, place the man as a provider, and doesn't support a woman making financial sacrifices for her husband will do for her even if the argument is invalid. The woman must always receive and millennial men are disappointing because they don't want to be women's ATM machines. Patriarchy my ass that funmisticqueen has equal rights and opportunities and she is a doctor.

"We live in a patriarchy. Men already have so much going for them." Trash!
funmisticqueen ain't a feminist,so don't drag feminism into this

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Martinez39(m): 10:31am On Jan 01, 2020
LINTUNE:
like I said,not all,definitely there will be exceptions
When you find that exception, let me know. Never conclude upon a woman's character by her behaviour and demeanour in public when everyone is watching. The girl (or wife in public with her husband) is usually different from the one in private. Good day.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by row2ray(m): 10:32am On Jan 01, 2020
Sorry bro, I feel your pain.:..but I’m honesty I doubt any marriage recovers from this... in my case i stayed and when things improved I stayed like it was the same doing what ever I wanted without being open about it.... then I bought her a car and divorced

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 01, 2020
pennywys:
see dem here ugly bitches. Na my type fit marry u to show being a man is all about, handle you in manly ways
I will give you the money the money u so desire
Look I am easy to amuse but hard to impress.

But if you show yourself worthy of respect and loyalty I will give you your due. If I treat you right and you reciprocate then we won't have issues

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by 77up(m): 10:33am On Jan 01, 2020
Your judgement is somehow harsh , you ll do more if you are the said wife I guess . He's not bad to his wife according to him so why this harsh ? We shouldn't be this mean to ourselves now haba sad

@op, I pray may God return all your loss and get you back on track soon ,just keep pushing it bro
funmisticqueen:

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Pataricatering(f): 10:33am On Jan 01, 2020
Go and think about how you tried to maintain “ order “ in your home and stop trying to present a fake front here ! Ur not a headmaster and ur wife is not your student - sounds like the order you tried to Nam twin included disrespecting her - ur now complaining ! She too is trying maintain order as the breadwinner - take it like a man ! All the bull shirt you men serve women as per breadwinner when ur on top - u now think the woman won’t remember when ur down ? Lol
strungup79:

You are just like my wife. If marriage is about control, why marry? Why not stay on your own? Making money is not about hustling, if it was i'd be earning over three times what my wife earns. Luck, favour also plays a role. Maybe God just wants to show me who I married.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by dapoewa(m): 10:34am On Jan 01, 2020
My brother , at times this temptation can happen. What I will advice you is to call on God to favour you again.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by FRANKOSKI(m): 10:36am On Jan 01, 2020
HOW DID YOU TREAT HER WHEN YOU WERE RICHER? Y'ALL KNOW THAT WOMEN LOVE REVENGE AND CAN WAIT YEARS TO UNLEASH IT.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by philip0906(m): 10:36am On Jan 01, 2020
912:

Yes because no man would have you. You even had to create a thread but still no man wants to be part of your 99 problems

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Mcdubai: 10:37am On Jan 01, 2020
Guy make sure you are back to your feet financially dats all you need to do for now cos dats women for. Forget abt her for now so as not to develop a hbp if you want to live long� dats all I hv 4u

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by pocohantas(f): 10:37am On Jan 01, 2020
LINTUNE:
such men are irrespnsible,but the OP is apparently different,didnt u hear that he was the bread winner until his business stopped flourishing,can't u see her is making effort to recover ..

He hasn't recovered, he should be useful for now. Not for his wife, but his kids. I don't care what he does with his wife when he recovers, she probably doesn't care too and if all OP said is the truth, she has waited so long for this moment. Some women just need men for the marriage and (temporary) comfort men can provide. This is a model that is okay for the Nigerian man too, even though they always cry when it backfires.

Nigerian men only win bread, they don't know how to win any other thing- even the hearts and sympathy of their women. Always thinking everything is manee, manee, manee.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 01, 2020
Charliewyt:

Dr were you able to meet the boyfriend you are searched for?.
I would be glad if you understand that the world does not revolve around your beauty and intelligence.
You may attract a man but keeping the man with such a mindset of yours will be difficult if not impossibe for you.

Las las ugo de alright after your POP on 27 Feb.
the issue ehn, is let me be attracted to the man first. Men are coming but I am just not interested. My exes kept insinuating marriage but I couldn't just picture myself with them and I broke it off. I think I am commitment phobic. Marriage scares hell out of me, being a baby mama is worse. Going through a pregnancy and having children sounds traumatising to me.

Maybe I should be a lesbian or asexual

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by okongo(m): 10:38am On Jan 01, 2020
I am about the op s age and I have seen many marriages gone this way. Seem many women will behave same way given same situation. The man that is deprived of income is traumatised already and might need to be motivated to start all over.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by MrSly(m): 10:39am On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:
I'm 42 years old and married with 3 children (2 boys and a girl). I got married to this beatiful lady 13 years ago and everything was bliss until three years ago when my business experienced a serious down turn.

My wife on the other hand witnessed an upturn in fortunes and practically became the bread winner in the home.

Her good financial fortune had me focussed on trying to get myself back on track. I tried getting a job, but it was not forth coming.

My business continued to dwindle and then I resorted to doing small odd jobs just so I could contribute to the family upkeep.

My wife's upturn in fortune however brought out the ugliness in her. She started trying to assume control of the home. She stopped consulting me on decisions concerning our home, rather consulting her parents. She practically turned my kids against me as she painted me as irresponsible.

We initially had assess to each other's account, but now she has accounts hidden from me. I just found out she bought land somewhere, though she doesn't know I have that knowledge.

She has become rude and disrespectful and her parents and siblings have taken over my home. I am so pained because all I ever did was show her love and respect.

She didn't like the fact i tried to have order in my home and that seems to be my sin. I have never hit her or been wicked to her.

Right now, I'm pained and confused. I don't know what to do. Someone please help.
That is life for women. The most pitiable individual in this life isn't a sick beggar or a mad individual, no. The most pitiable is a male adult being fed by a woman who isn't his mother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:39am On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:

You are just like my wife. If marriage is about control, why marry? Why not stay on your own? Making money is not about hustling, if it was i'd be earning over three times what my wife earns. Luck, favour also plays a role. Maybe God just wants to show me who I married.
Many people don't understand the bolded, you gave her a perfect reply sha .

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Depressed101: 10:39am On Jan 01, 2020
SmithRussell:
Shut up yhu dumbskull.. A man who has money can be controlled by his wife or parents or siblings or friends... On the other hand, a woman with cash can't be controlled by anyone,, just that for her kids' sake she can only be constrained , somehow..

Women have poor insights and are generally narrow-minded.. They don't believe in future, they don't remember the past..

That's why a man is needed to control his woman, for she can't control herself
you are unconsciously making some famous quotes... I will copy them for some folks that need it. buena suerte
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 01, 2020
77up:
Your judgement is somehow harsh , you ll do more if you are the said wife I guess . He's not bad to his wife according to him so why this harsh ? We shouldn't be this mean to ourselves now haba sad

@op, I pray may God return all your loss and get you back on track soon ,just keep pushing it bro
I admit, that I can be harsh at times.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by SimDan95(m): 10:40am On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
marriage is not about control. Money is what gives control. Stop misquoting me from your place of pain.

Also stop this 'poor me' 'boohoo' victim mentality, it is irritating and pathetic. You are the one emasculating yourself, by allowing yourself to be emasculated.

Most likely money was all you had to offer in the marriage and now that you have lost that, you are just like an appendix in your marriage. Existing without function, but capable of causing hell because no one cares about it anymore.

It is not about bringing more money but showing that you are a leader, and being her support. Give her a reason to trust you by showing initiative. Do you think women like to be bread winners? She is picking up your slack.Of course She will be pissed at you subconsciously.

Be proactive, anticipate needs in the marriage that you can provide and meet them without being told or nagged. Convince her that you are still necessary in your marriage. Get your head out of your asshole and be man.

This is the most candid advice you will get from me or on your thread

Nah ur type dey push their husband (if u have one) to commit crime or Worse still do extreme things when the rose ain't blooming anymore.

Such a pathetic lowlife, whatever happened to being supportive when the going gets tough knowing the man ain't a lazy ass.

U just defined urself and ur contemporaries in few words “ A CANCEROUS LEACH” highly toxic to everyone.

*spits*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Martinez39(m): 10:41am On Jan 01, 2020
Michellekabod2:
funmisticqueen ain't a feminist,so don't drag feminism into this
As I have said before, classical feminists like you won't be used to judge what feminism is today. Misandrists are the major players in the feminist movement and they are here to stay until men wake up. As long as they are major players, people will inevitably see feminism as a misandric machination. It blows down to the fact that actions speaks louder than words. Besides, the unfair advantages and laws contemporary feminists fought for are secretly enjoyed by all women even if they claim otherwise. No woman in the US (be it classical feminist, contemporary feminist, or traditional) has ever vigorously protested against the unfair divorce laws and child support laws. If we have such laws in Nigeria, this would be the same thing.

So don't be annoyed, as long as these misandrists are the overwhelming majority, feminism will always be seen as a misandric machination.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 01, 2020
pocohantas:

He hasn't recovered, he should be useful for now. Not for his wife, but his kids. I don't care what he does with his wife when he recovers, she probably doesn't care too and if all OP said is the truth, she has waited so long for this moment. Some women just need men for the marriage and (temporary) comfort men can provide. This is a model that is okay for the Nigerian man too, even though they always cry when it backfires.

Nigerian men only win bread, they don't know how to win any other thing- even the hearts and sympathy of their women. Always thinking everything is manee, manee, manee.
I love the way you speak today

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (47) (Reply)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / Man Throws His Side Chick Out Of The Window After His Wife Arrived (Photos) / "Cossy Go Fear" - Photos Of Endowed Sisters Go Viral As Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.