Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

My Wife Is Emasculating Me - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wife Is Emasculating Me (103350 Views)

I Suspect My Wife Is Having Affair With Her Step Brother / My Wife's Cousin Has Visited & She's Luring Me With Her Thighs-kenyan Man (pics / My Wife Is Going For Service, Should I Impregnate Her Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by midnighter(f): 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
It's not too late. Get a divorce, she's now a liability on your back. No man can function after he has been emasculated. Hustle hard, marry a more supportive wife, and try to keep in touch with your kids as much as possible.

The last thing you want to be in when you are in economic downturn is a toxic relationship that drags you further down; mentally and emotionally.

Good luck.

What an irresponsible and mean-minded person you must be, to refrain from giving a struggling person any advice other than divorce.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by recentelder(m): 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2020
Ireally feel the lamentation of yours bro.Note this that what happens in the physical has spiritual undertone.No matter how hard you hustle,if you are in the web of wickedness ,it seems as if you were doing nothing.In nutshell ,seek for solution through prayer against futune changer.2 you may change location for a while and look for gr
eener pasture elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Gforce2019: 12:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
tunjilana:
Dear Men

Life is all about the High and the Low....sadly most men date and marry when life is on the High for them...they hardly have the opportunity to test their woman's attitude when they are Low....forget anything anyone tells u about a woman's love....the true test of loyalty is a woman's attitude towards her money and her perception of you when you are broke....always find a way to test this before marriage...so u can atleast get into marriage with a clear understanding of who u are dealing with

That's true. Guys entice ladies with money for her to marry you. Unknown to them, the whole foundation of the marriage is on the condition that the man shld sustain his abundance lifestyles..and anything lower than that, he will pack out of his house to start another life else where or she separate..
Nairaland has open my eyes to a lot of scenario in marriage

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
isyourboy:
I urged all the men, both married and single, to come to this thread as as a matter of urgency.

cc : ubunja, Martinez39, pansophist and others.

Something I Just want to reiterate is that" women have no Love to give".

The ordeal which this guy narrated here happened to my uncle. He was a big man, a director. About 4 years ago, 2015, he lost his stands and was unable to regain his footing. his wife took the reign and start directing the affairs of the house. Everybody thought this is a good woman. Months later, this woman bought her cold attitude and started dishing insults to the man all because he could not provide. just last year, the man died- depression.

Women are tool good only to be bleeped and discard. If you're a man forming love, you're to be blamed
same thing happened to by father. But he is not without blame. He never took advices my mother gave e.g build a school, build houses for rent. Stop father chrismas. My father was the largest donor to our church building project, he sponsored many inlaws and siblings in school and abroad , encouraged an apprentice that used to repair our lister generator to go to school and sponsored him. His driver built house in ota with his assistance. He believed givers never lacked. At the turn of the century technology made his business obsolete. Every other business he tried all failed or was duped till he became broke. Those who built schools were already cashing in my mum used to tell him. My mum would later go to hustle abroad she used his usa account. He took 4000 usd from her money . Still could not get back on his feet. To pay our school fees na beg we beg tire as she said its our papa duty. By the time by mum came back to nigeria after 9 years she don build 3 houses (12 flats) and started a thriving business. My dad also went to usa for 3 year could not hustle like my mama. Had to come back. We sha rough am. My mama later begin dey do the needful to us but not to my father. Today our last born twins don graduate. My mother is still a big madam while my father na me and my big bro dey send am 70k combined monthly.

The effect of this in my life is i dont trust any woman with money. Any woman wey no fit spend on me freely is not a wife.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by LifeWorld: 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
Hello Bro

Trust me, I've been there. Exactly in your circumstance. And I'm now married for 10yrs. I was also gentle at first, but great men showed me how to wake up.

This is women's nature in general, no matter how sweet it is at first. Anyone who tries to argue with me can ask their grandparents to check. But as men, we will always be stronger, more secure, and greater in this life. At 18yrs, every boy becomes a Mr. But women can only be a Mrs when you marry them. You paid her Bride price and she still bears your last name till date. So it's impossible for her to become a lord in your house, unless you're still allowing it. If king marries a woman, she becomes a queen. But if a queen got a husband, will he become a king?? Think about it.

Same me a mail at lifeagukpaha@gmail.com. some of my advice are controversial but surefire. They always work. But I'm not God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by uninspired07: 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
chigoizie7:

Lol, with what people are going through in marriages lately. I really do not think that it is worth it.

I do not pray to encounter such women in life ooh. But if it happens and then I finally bounce back. Oh my God, that woman will wish she never came across me in her entire life.

My brother, me sef Dey talk am: if I venture get rich before I marry, any woman I marry will know I resent her & I just married her for children. I Nigerian women so much & I can’t even bring myself to beg or be in a relationship with them without some power of my own (money).

If all goes well, I will rather travel abroad & marry a fellow Nigerian immigrant who I know is on the same level with me, not home based Nigerian girls who are looking for a man to take them out of poverty.

I just tire, this is another year & time dey go. I need that breakthrough more than ever.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by pocohantas(f): 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
Ladycewhy:
the annoying part is they talk trash about Nigerian women ,but the fact is he cant try that nonsense with white women ,na street she go fling e luggage put. They do shit they cant try with foreign women and still come here to talk nonsense. Funny enough many women are putting up with men like the op just to keep their homes and massage his ego. See that one talking about chores being demeaning so women who have been doing it unkor ?

People wey no well. He should better logout and go help the breadwinner of the home. grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by BBBmall25: 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
It's not easy bro, me gat mine and i know how it feel like. May God help u as He helped me_ Amen!
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Chikicaka(f): 12:42pm On Jan 01, 2020
Brightgem:
I get you. Not sole purpose. Never will be. I've always had a drive to excel anyways, his is just extra ginger. I have a purpose, know it and that equally drives me. Thanks.

Niceeee, Happy new year sis, bigger us we pray

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by superability(m): 12:42pm On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
fact of life, money changes both men and women because it comes with control. It's human nature

Your wife is not emasculating you, you are just losing control of the power and finances in the family. Do you know how much BS women tolerate from men in marriages because he earns more?

Uncle, go and hustle or give your pants over to your wife and stop complaining
I laugh in Chinese
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by femolasusu: 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2020
smiley cry
I don't think running away is the best as a man. First you need self confidence. Money only does not make your wife respect you. Secondly, you must pray and learn to stay positive. Lastly, love her the more.

And be the man you have always been.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by marvelous000: 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
coming from you, that's a compliment.

I tell you what you don't want to hear but need to understand. My words chip away your armor and burrow into your soul
Yes, it can be construed as compliment by one bereft of dignity and self-respect. I mean people like you real humans consider as sexual meat deserving of the profoundest contempt.

How about i tell you what you don't want to hear but need to know. I'm Erebus the soulless, unleashed on your kind like a raging bull with a lethal drop
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by DaddyGngeess(m): 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2020
awwfar:
Nawa..this one pass me o..but I don't think there's anything you can do right now..focus on getting back on your feet.. that should be your main goal and priority now...just park her fr one side and get back up there

The best advice so far, OP pls do exactly this.
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by DukeNija(m): 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:

I'm always out of town looking for one job or business. I've just been unfortunate that all my efforts have yielded little or no fruit. It's almost as if there's a curse working against me.

Why don’t you go for deliverance? I’m very serious about this bro. I’ve seen cases like yours and they all turned out to be spiritual. Find your way to MFM prayer city along Lagos/Ibadan express way this January. Unless God builds a city, they that labor, labor in vain.
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
midnighter:

What an irresponsible and mean-minded person you must be, to refrain from giving a struggling person any advice other than divorce.

When you are in a toxic relationship as a man, it consumes your time, saps your energy and drags you down. Have you heard of the saying: "behind every successful man there's a woman"? Well, that woman is not the type who keeps her husband stressed, she's the one who pulls all the emotional stress away from him and keeps him focused and encouraged on his important tasks. This woman is adding financial value to the relationship, but only in exchange for keeping him stressed and unproductive. He will never grow with her.

I am not writing a script for telemundo here. I am trying to help the op out of his rut.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Switch07(m): 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
MrSly:

That is life for women. The most pitiable individual in this life isn't a sick beggar or a mad individual, no. The most pitiable is a male adult being fed by a woman who isn't his mother.

Deep

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by karkinase(m): 12:46pm On Jan 01, 2020
isyourboy:
I urged all the men, both married and single, to come to this thread as as a matter of urgency.

cc : ubunja, Martinez39, pansophist and others.

Something I Just want to reiterate is that" women have no Love to give".

The ordeal which this guy narrated here happened to my uncle. He was a big man, a director. About 4 years ago, 2015, he lost his stands and was unable to regain his footing. his wife took the reign and start directing the affairs of the house. Everybody thought this is a good woman. Months later, this woman bought her cold attitude and started dishing insults to the man all because he could not provide. just last year, the man died- depression.

Women are tool good only to be bleeped and discard. If you're a man forming love, you're to be blamed
Yes oo..All guys shuld come on this thread....women= woe to men

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 01, 2020
Martinez39:
Stop deceiving yourself. Don't try to put men in the same box with women in this regard to balance the equation. When men are breadwinners, they do not enslave their wives instead their family benefits from their wealth. When women are breadwinners, the husband suffers, the husband gets disrespected, and the husband gets sidelined. The op did not enslave his wife. He treated her well and all he gets in return is to be sidelined, disrespected, and have his children turned against him. You didn't mention this or acknowledge the fact that men can face hard times instead you thought up that men enslave their wives when they are breadwinners and do nothing when broke so therefore everything is balanced. Even if men enslaved their wives, does the innocent op who didn't enslave his wife deserve what he is getting?

Who told you that he is not responsible?

In what other way can he be responsible? Keep beating about the bush. You, just funmisticqueen, is try to make it seem like it's the man's fault that his wife is a horrible individual. Of course, it's never the woman's fault. You and I know that as long as his money is gone, his wife will keep on treating him this way even if he "... at least find other ways to be responsible." grin Be deceiving yourself.
Its the preconceived notion of men. Those bashing him are without proof he wronged his wife in any way,they just had to use the general notion of women suffering bullshit in marriáge. That's straw man creation. The plight of the OP and his marriage is ignored to throw darts on him for an "assumed " bad character on his part.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by marvelous000: 12:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
Martinez39:

That is how all women behave when you are not useful in the providing department.
I almost agree with you, if not for some infinitesimal exception i know.

I think it will be better if we don't stereotype, in as much as majority carry the vote

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by MJBOLT: 12:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
you have been gloating all morning because ubunja quit

Michellekabod2:
he is no more on nairaland self. He complained of receiving hate whereas he dishes out hate....

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by flakesy01(f): 12:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
[quote author=LordKO post=85390702]If you're a Mech. Engr. with at least 2 years previous work experience in the petroleum industry, send me a PM immediately.

Please I am interested.
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Martinez39(m): 12:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
Kekereekun123:
same thing happened to by father. But he is not without blame. He never took advices my mother gave e.g build a school, build houses for rent. Stop father chrismas. My father was the largest donor to our church building project, he sponsored many inlaws and siblings in school and abroad , encouraged an apprentice that used to repair our lister generator to go to school and sponsored him. His driver built house in ota with his assistance. He believed givers never lacked. At the turn of the century technology made his business obsolete. Every other business he tried all failed or was duped till he became broke. Those who built schools were already cashing in my mum used to tell him. My mum would later go to hustle abroad she used his usa account. He took 4000 usd from her money . Still could not get back on his feet. To pay our school fees na beg we beg tire as she said its our papa duty. By the time by mum came back to nigeria after 9 years she don build 3 houses (12 flats) and started a thriving business. My dad also went to usa for 3 year could not hustle like my mama. Had to come back. We sha rough am. My mama later begin dey do the needful to us but not to my father. Today our last born twins don graduate. My mother is still a big madam while my father na me and my big bro dey send am 70k combined monthly.

The effect of this in my life is i dont trust any woman with money. Any woman wey no fit spend on me freely is not a wife.
No offence but your dad was not so bright. Givers never lack, who does that? In a world where someone is supposed to acquire resources for himself and family, secure his wealth and leave inheritance for his children, he carry am dey do givers never lack. grin

I am not surprised that when you people went to your mom for help, she refused and asked you people to go meet your father. A lot of women do this. A friend of my mum was doing the same thing too but recently, she has started opening up to her after the children have suffered. The husband? The dude is a poor walking corpse. I am sure your father doesn't benefit from your mum's wealth, am I wrong?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Teymanhenry(f): 12:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:

It would have been understandable to me if I was a wicked husband or used to bully her.

use that opportunity to start up a business or something. stop waiting for a job to come. be creative sir. She'll definitely respect u if she sees you are trying. don't just sit there waiting sir
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2020
Brightgem:
Lolz! Are you speaking from experience. A partner is a help mate. Who is your supposed to be trusted to help without any drama.

Few and far between are those who will help without strings attached. You say 'supposed'. I agree, but in school you should have learnt that there is a difference between theory and practise. Furthermore, women are hardwired to only respect men who can offer them fonancial stability, not those who they consider as weak.

Brightgem:

Now you say relinquish your comfort, do u really have any idea how bad his financial situation is? You want the children to start drinking garri from bread and tea? My point is, it's easier said than done. Circumstances can make you helpless for a while.

He hustles and has some income coming in. The trick is to manage it. No man is helpless who is not lazy. He might have to adjust to a less luxurious life, but at this point, it is necessary.
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by iSlayer: 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2020
otipoju:

You are a true G. I came to realise first in theory and then in practical that
" women do not love. they calculate".

I noticed one day back in 2007 when my girlfriend had been acting up the whole day saw an alert of 50k on my phone when i was in the bathroom.

Her mood just change, person wey no like to watch ball follow me go viewing center go watch oo. After some bottles come see as she dey scream fanatically for Chelsea that day.

We went back to my place and come see passion on steriods. I just dey laugh for my mind sey see this muntula.

The next day she carry bill come i tell am sey i no get shishi sey dem take one money send me message.

Omo see format o. Chai. grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Teymanhenry(f): 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2020
It would have been understandable to me if I was a wicked husband or used to bully her.[/quote]
use that opportunity to start up a business or something. stop waiting for a job to come. be creative sir. She'll definitely respect u if she sees you are trying. don't just sit there waiting sir
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Ladycewhy(f): 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2020
pocohantas:

People wey no well. He should better logout and go help the breadwinner of the home. grin

lol. Its just annoying the way they reason and suddenly have brain reset when they meet foreign women,mteeeew

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by midnighter(f): 12:54pm On Jan 01, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

When you are in a toxic relationship as a man, it consumes your time, saps your energy and drags you down. Have you heard of the saying: "behind every successful man there's a woman"? Well, that woman is not the type who keeps her husband stressed, she's the one who pulls all the emotional stress away from him and keeps him focused and encouraged on his important tasks. This woman is adding financial value to the relationship, but only in exchange for keeping him stressed and unproductive. He will never grow with her.

I am not writing a script for telemundo here. I am trying to help the op out of his rut.

I didnt deny all that. But people are not static or fixed quantities.

If you had said something like "air your grievances to her/report her/take a break from her and then divorce if she doesnt show any signs of change," it would have made more sense.

But the fact is that what you wrote there was irrational and insensitive. Get a divorce right away after 13 years of marriage and 3 kids without even trying to work on their differences, because you are Jesus Christ who never hurt anybody in his life right?

Who are you to say that "he will never grow with her"? Who are you to condemn another person to stagnancy? Do you know how far they have come already? Have you always been perfect, all your life?

Smh you are just as bad as the "feminists" you lambaste. No nuance, lateral thinking or creativity whatsoever, just extreme black and white reasoning and rigidity in a bid to appear to have seen what others cannot.

The irony is that you havent seen anything, because you are so bent on forcing your own conjectures on other people!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
Sterope:
So she should be eating garri when she can afford to eat rice to make him happy. Do we alls till think women are not enslaved in marriages?

Life will soon reset your brain.

She is free to leave if she wants to, slaves are not; so your analogy is meaningless.

This is why I recommended divorce. It seems that she is not the overly patient type.

And foul language/insults do not prove a point. You should learn better about how to engage people in a civilized manner.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by kushercain: 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
marriage is not about control. Money is what gives control. Stop misquoting me from your place of pain.

Also stop this 'poor me' 'boohoo' victim mentality, it is irritating and pathetic. You are the one emasculating yourself, by allowing yourself to be emasculated.

Most likely money was all you had to offer in the marriage and now that you have lost that, you are just like an appendix in your marriage. Existing without function, but capable of causing hell because no one cares about it anymore.

It is not about bringing more money but showing that you are a leader, and being her support. Give her a reason to trust you by showing initiative. Do you think women like to be bread winners? She is picking up your slack.Of course She will be pissed at you subconsciously.

Be proactive, anticipate needs in the marriage that you can provide and meet them without being told or nagged. Convince her that you are still necessary in your marriage. Get your head out of your asshole and be man.

This is the most candid advice you will get from me or on your thread

This girl no get sense. As your face wowor reach na so your thoughts ugly.

Ugu-LEEEE biatch!!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by evesdon4u: 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
So sorry to learn about what you are going through and I hope you've found some level of ease, sharing it with us. I would like to encourage you to not give up on your hopes, love your children no matter what and stay focused. She may come around, she may not...but always remember the vows you took together and stay strong. I believe this is just a phase and it will surely pass!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Sterope(f): 12:59pm On Jan 01, 2020
I have heard. My advice to you is that don't be poor.

Martinez39:
Stop deceiving yourself. Don't try to put men in the same box with women in this regard to balance the equation. When men are breadwinners, they do not enslave their wives instead their family benefits from their wealth. When women are breadwinners, the husband suffers, the husband gets disrespected, and the husband gets sidelined. The op did not enslave his wife. He treated her well and all he gets in return is to be sidelined, disrespected, and have his children turned against him. You didn't mention this or acknowledge the fact that men can face hard times instead you thought up that men enslave their wives when they are breadwinners and do nothing when broke so therefore everything is balanced. Even if men enslaved their wives, does the innocent op who didn't enslave his wife deserve what he is getting?

Who told you that he is not responsible?

In what other way can he be responsible? Keep beating about the bush. You, just funmisticqueen, is try to make it seem like it's the man's fault that his wife is a horrible individual. Of course, it's never the woman's fault. You and I know that as long as his money is gone, his wife will keep on treating him this way even if he "... at least find other ways to be responsible." grin Be deceiving yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (47) (Reply)

What's That Secret You Are Hiding From The Person You Are Dating Right Now? / Real Signs A Woman Really Loves You. / Daily Hard Truth Guys Don't Know About Girls (thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.