Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,452 members, 7,958,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:04 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (11920 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:46am On Apr 20, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2020-04-20

✝�TOPIC: BE HOLY FOR I AM HOLY

✝�TEXT: 1 PETER 1:10-16(NKJV) 10. Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace [that would come] to you, 11. searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 12. To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven -- things which angels desire to look into. 13. Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest [your] hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14. as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, [as] in your ignorance; 15. but as He who called you [is] holy, you also be holy in all [your] conduct, 16. because it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy."

✝�STUDY In the last few days, we have discussed the resurrection of Christ from the dead and its implications to the believer. For us to benefit fully from it and experience its power here on earth, we MUST BE HOLY. God is holy and has commanded us to be holy. It means being separated from impurity and set apart for God and His use.Though not much is being preached about it these days, its importance to the Church cannot be overemphasised. For without holiness, no one will see the Lord. (Heb. 12:14). In verse 10-12,the prophets of the Old Testament spoke about the salvation that would come through Christ and the glory that would follow His suffering. They did not only speak about them but also searched and longed for theirown time of manifestation. However, the prophecy was not for them. We are therefore privileged to have it in our own time with its full rights and benefits.These full rights and benefits are conditional however. Any intending partaker must put away the old life of lust and immorality, become an obedient child of God and maintain a steady life of Holiness. Are you ready to do so? Remember that no man shall see God without peace and holiness.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, cause me to be sensitive of holy living every time!

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotional
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:51am On Apr 21, 2020
Date: 2020-04-21

✝�TOPIC: IF WE CALL UPON GOD AS FATHER

✝�TEXT: 1 Peter 1:17-25 (NKJV) 17. And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay [here] in fear; 18. knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, [like] silver or gold, from your aimless conduct [received] by tradition from your fathers, 19. but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20. He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you 21. who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God. 22. Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 23. having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever, 24. because "All flesh [is] as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, And its flower falls away, 25. But the word of the LORD endures forever." Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.

✝�STUDY Some of us have worked in the public service or ministry and becauseof the various positions we occupy, some persons call upon us as teacher, mentor, minister, adviser, etc. Only a small group of persons are qualified to call us father or mother. This group can be our biological, spiritual or adopted children.Certain requirements are of course expected from this group to maintain the parent-child relationship with us. In today’s passage, Peter the Apostle reminds us that we become qualified to become God’s children when we are regenerated by the everliving word of God (v.23). This regeneration is made possible because Jesus Christ, as an unblemished sacrificial lamb, purchased us by His blood (v.19). Hence, if we call God our Father, the following behaviours are expected from us to maintain this relationship: a) Good conduct with true reverence to God (v.17). b) Freedom from godless traditions inherited from forefathers (v.18) c) Lives centered on faith and hope on God in every area (v.21) d) Sincere affection and love for the brethren (v.22) Get regenerated today by submitting your lives to Jesus. Adhere to these instructions by Apostle Peter to maintain your relationship with God - He is an impartial judge whose word endures forever.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, help me to maintain my relationship with you by adhering to your word.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:11am On Apr 22, 2020
Date: 2020-04-22

✝�TOPIC: THE ALL SUFFICIENT GOD

✝�TEXT: PSALM 16:1-11(NKJV) 1. A Michtam of David. Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust. 2. [O my soul,] you have said to the LORD, "You [are] my Lord, My goodness is nothing apart from You." 3. As for the saints who [are] on the earth, "They are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight." 4. Their sorrows shall be multiplied who hasten [after] another [god;] Their drink offerings of blood I will not offer, Nor take up their names on my lips. 5. O LORD,[You are] the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You maintain my lot. 6. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant [places;] Yes, I have a good inheritance. 7. I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel; My heart also instructs me in the night seasons. 8. I have set the LORD always before me; Because [He is] at my right hand I shall not be moved. 9. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will rest in hope. 10. For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. 11. You will show me the path of life; In Your presence [is] fullness of joy; At Your right hand [are] pleasures forevermore.

✝�STUDY The lines have fallen for us in pleasant places and we have a good heritage (v.6). This is because God is our protection, refuge and shelter(v.1); the power behind our righteousness(v.2). He makes us excellently noble and glorious (v.3). He is our portion, the one who maintains our lot (v.5); our Counselor in dark moments of life(v.7); our good Shepherd who never abandons us even in death (v.10); our teacher who shows us the path of life; our fountain of happiness derived from His presence (v.11). These and many more are the reasons why the Psalmist decided that God shall be continually set before him. With God, we cannot be moved. We dwell in peace and safety in spite of the troubles around us. Have you experienced this goodly heritage? Do you chase after gods in form of idols or fantasies of life? These end in multiplication of sorrows(v.4). Have you chosen self-righteousness forgetting that no good beside or beyond us is possible without God? Repent and surrender your life to God,your assigned portion (v.5). Set the Lord continually before you by being always conscious of His presence and allow His word to guide you in your daily decisions. He will make you excellent, nobleand glorious as a godly saint (v.3).

✝� PRAYER: Lord help me to set you continually before me in all decisions of my life

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:25am On Apr 23, 2020
Date: 2020-04-23

✝�TOPIC: QUALIFIED FOR HIS PRESENCE

✝�TEXT: PSALM 24:1-10(NKJV)
1. A Psalm of David. The earth [is] the LORD's, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein. 2. For He has founded it upon the seas, And established it upon the waters. 3. Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? 4. He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully. 5. He shall receive blessing from the LORD, And righteousness from the God of his salvation. 6. This [is] Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him, Who seek Your face. Selah 7. Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. 8. Who [is] this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, The LORD mighty in battle. 9. Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. 10. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, He [is] the King of glory. Selah

✝�STUDY This generation is witnessing an upsurge in the number of ministries, churches, fellowships or gatherings filled with people who claim to be seeking God. Some of these people are zealous and serve sacrificially in their different denominations. However the bible tells us in today’s passage that there are strict qualifications for those who can stand in God’s temple or mountain. Such people must have clean hands, pure hearts and abstain from deceit and lies (v.4). Verse 3 notes that bountiful blessings from God and His righteousness will be their portion. What is preventing you from going up to God’s presence to reap His innumerable wonderful blessings? Are your hands filled with blood? Are you full of deceit, lies and impurities? The Almighty God has made a great call in Isaiah 1:18:‘Come let us reason together, though your sins be as scarlet, or red like crimson,they shall be as white as wool.’So tell those gates of sin, laziness, procrastination, curses, problems, bondages, etc., to be lifted up because the King of kings wants to come into your life, family and work today. If you let Him in, God, the King of kings who is mighty and strong in battle, will settle the challenges confronting you to His glory, in Jesus name!

✝� PRAYER: I command every gate constraining me from getting into God’s presence to be lifted in Jesus name! *STAY SAFE, STAY HOME*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:26am On Apr 24, 2020
Date: 2020-04-24

✝�TOPIC: SING TO THE LORD O YOU SAINTS!

✝�TEXT: PSALM 30:1-12(NKJV)
1. A Psalm. A Song at the dedication of the house of David. I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up, And have not let my foes rejoice over me. 2. O LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me. 3. O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. 4. Sing praise to the LORD, You saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. 5. For His anger [is but for] a moment, His favor [is for] life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy [comes] in the morning. 6. Now in my prosperity I said, "I shall never be moved." 7. LORD, by Your favor You have made my mountain stand strong; You hid Your face, [and] I was troubled. 8. I cried out to You, O LORD; And to the LORD I made supplication: 9. "What profit [is there] in my blood, When I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your truth? 10. Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me; LORD, be my helper!" 11. You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, 12. To the end that [my] glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

✝�STUDY Some years ago, my family passed through a strange sickness defying medical prescriptionand huge debts due to theft,to the point that my yearly salary could not settle.The car broke down severallyand there were police cases, etc. What was there to thank God for, I wondered,when we had fasted for two months, served God and supported His work faithfully in tithes,huge donations and services?Contrary to my thoughts, a popular songstill says count your blessings; name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done! The Psalmist commands us tosing and give thanksto the Lord with our hearts. This is because His name is holy, hallowed, glorious, powerful, fearful, wonderful, creative, transforming above allthe mountains and valleys of life. Thank God for lifting us above the expectations of our enemies(v.1), for healing(v.2), for life and salvation amidst threatening and dreadful situations (v.3), for His great forgiveness and mercies in spite of our wrong doings(v.5), for Hisimmeasurablefavour (v.5), for joy received after seasons of weeping (v.5), for establishing us (v.7), for answered prayers(vs. 8-10), for gladness after seasons of trials(v.11).Beloved, you must find a reason to sing and thank God even for the remembrance of His name. Hence, use your tongue, heart and all within you to sing His praises (v.12).

✝� PRAYER: Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder, consider all the works thy hands have made……Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee, how great thou art!

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:01am On Apr 25, 2020
Date: 2020-04-25 (St. Mark’s Day)

✝�TOPIC: DON’T SACRIFICE THE GOSPEL!

✝�TEXT: ACTS 15:36-41(NKJV)
36. Then after some days Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us now go back and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, [and see] how they are doing." 37. Now Barnabas was determined to take with them John called Mark. 38. But Paul insisted that they should not take with them the one who had departed from them in Pamphylia, and had not gone with them to the work. 39. Then the contention became so sharp that they parted from one another. And so Barnabas took Mark and sailed to Cyprus; 40. but Paul chose Silas and departed, being commended by the brethren to the grace of God. 41. And he went through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches.

✝�STUDY Paul and Barnabas needed to visit and strengthen the established churches. This is worthy of emulation because some Christian gatherings donot give much time to disciple new converts;such converts remain spiritual babies and prey to false doctrines.Barnabas wanted John Mark, who had deserted them in Pamphylia, but who had repented later of his bad behaviour, to join, but Paul refused. Note that this disagreement between Paul and Barnabas did not stop the spreading of the gospel. Paul took Silas while Barnabas went with John Mark. Unfortunately today, some persons sacrifice the gospel on the platter of ethnicity, unforgiveness, denomination, politicsand disagreements. They forget that there will always be those like legalistic Paul who expect excellence and zeal at all times and others, patient like Barnabas, who are gifted in re-moulding battered and weak ones. Let us ensure to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace in spite of differences in methods, manpoweror facilities. Continue to propagate the gospel, disciple new converts and consolidate new grounds for the Lord. The work of Barnabas turned John Mark into a veritable tool for the ministry of Apostle Paul (2 Tim.4:11). Nurture the weak brother;he might become a spiritual giant for the gospel in future.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, help me to work earnestly for the furtherance of the gospel of Christ.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:20am On Apr 26, 2020
Date: 2020-04-26

✝�TOPIC: TWELVE CHRISTIAN CODES OF CONDUCT

✝�TEXT: HEBREWS 13:1-16(NKJV)
1. Let brotherly love continue. 2. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so [doing] some have unwittingly entertained angels. 3. Remember the prisoners as if chained with them -- those who are mistreated -- since you yourselves are in the body also. 4. Marriage [is] honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge. 5. [Let your] conduct [be] without covetousness; [be] content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." 6. So we may boldly say: "The LORD [is] my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" 7. Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of [their] conduct. 8. Jesus Christ [is] the same yesterday, today, and forever. 9. Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For [it is] good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them. 10. We have an altar from which those who serve the tabernacle have no right to eat. 11. For the bodies of those animals, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned outside the camp. 12. Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate. 13. Therefore let us go forth to Him, outside the camp, bearing His reproach. 14. For here we have no continuing city, but we seek the one to come. 15. Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of [our] lips, giving thanks to His name. 16. But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

✝�STUDY Every institution has its codes of conductand these codes distinguish it from other institutionsand stipulate standards of behaviour for its members. The Bible also has codes of conduct for those who are true children of God. These biblical codes of conduct expected from such believers according to our reading today are: brotherly love, hospitality, identification with prisoners, holiness, contentment and trust in God, obedience to rulers, abstinence from false doctrines, identification with Christ in all things, remembrance of the goal of our heavenly calling, daily praise and thankfulness to God and kindness to all men. Do you measure up to these standards? Great blessings await those who adhere to these codes of conduct. For example, verse 2 reminds us that hospitalityhas made some to entertain angels unawares and verse 5 promises God’s presence when we are free from covetousness and God’s approval when we are good to others(v.16). It is also important to remember that we have no continuing city here on earth but seek for the one to come. Hence, let us adhere to these twelve codes of conduct and our lives will radiate God’s glory to those around us.

✝� PRAYER: God, please help me to live out the Christian life in my family and workplace and society.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:37am On Apr 27, 2020
Date: 2020-04-27

✝�TOPIC: READY VESSELS FOR GOD’S MIRACULOUS MANIFESTATION

✝�TEXT: ACTS 3:1-10(NKJV)
1. Now Peter and John went up together to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth [hour.] 2. And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms from those who entered the temple; 3. who, seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, asked for alms. 4. And fixing his eyes on him, with John, Peter said, "Look at us." 5. So he gave them his attention, expecting to receive something from them. 6. Then Peter said, "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk." 7. And he took him by the right hand and lifted [him] up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. 8. So he, leaping up, stood and walked and entered the temple with them -- walking, leaping, and praising God. 9. And all the people saw him walking and praising God. 10. Then they knew that it was he who sat begging alms at the Beautiful Gate of the temple; and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.

✝�STUDY We read today about a lame man at the Beautiful Gate when Peter and John went up for prayer. The lame man was laid daily at the gate;unfortunately,despite the name of the gate, there was nothing beautiful about his condition. His only gain from the temple was the alms he received from the worshippers. He never expected a miracle of healing and that was why he looked up to the disciples for alms. He was always at the gate and never got into the temple for worship! Does this depict your situation today? You just go to church or fellowship to fulfil all righteousness but your problems have remained unchangedover the years, like the lame man? Be strengthened, God still meets people, without special programmes, at the gate, inside the church, home or work place! Peter and John did not need to go back to fast and pray before ministering to the lame man. They were ready instruments of God’s power. This miracle upturned the normal ritualistic prayer into a miraculous celebration. As Christians, we need to be ready vessels to change normal situations for the glory of God. Note that they lifted up the lame man for the miracle to be complete. Hence, lift up weak brethren so that the will of God will be actualised in their lives.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, please use me as a ready instrument to bring down your miracle to the nagging problems of our society.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:34am On Apr 28, 2020
Date: 2020-04-28

✝�TOPIC: FAITH IN THE POWERFUL NAME OF JESUS

✝�TEXT: Acts3 3:11-16(NKJV) 11. Now as the lame man who was healed held on to Peter and John, all the people ran together to them in the porch which is called Solomon's, greatly amazed. 12. So when Peter saw [it,] he responded to the people: "Men of Israel, why do you marvel at this? Or why look so intently at us, as though by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk? 13. "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus, whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let [Him] go. 14. "But you denied the Holy One and the Just, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you, 15. "and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead, of which we are witnesses. 16. "And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which [comes] through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

✝�STUDY The lame man who was healed held unto Peter and John (v.11);so it was evident to all that Peter and John were the instruments used to accomplish this great miracle. People also surrounded and marveled at them. In spite of this scenario, the disciples never attributed the miracle to themselves unlike today when some Christians take God’s glory for what He is using them to do. Peter quickly pointed them to Jesus. He told them that the healing did not come from their own power (v.12).He told them in verse 16 that it was faith in the name of Jesus that brought perfect soundness to the lame man. Do you have any spiritual or physical challenge that has defied all solutions? Are you feeling cowardly as a Christian? You only need faith in His name for the miraculous transformation of your situation. Faith in His name will make you an instrument like the disciples, to be used for God’s glory. This is because the name of Jesus transcends all powers, demons, thronesand principalities. At His name, spiritual and physical situations bow and cowardly Christians are transformed into channels for the miraculous manifestation of God’s power. Exercise this faith in His name and you will see His miracle.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, help me to exercise faith in your name over the problems and situations around me.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:30am On Apr 29, 2020
Date: 2020-04-29
✝�TOPIC: THE BALANCED GOSPEL

✝�TEXT: ACTS 3:17-26(NKJV) 17. "Yet now, brethren, I know that you did [it] in ignorance, as [did] also your rulers. 18. "But those things which God foretold by the mouth of all His prophets, that the Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. 19. "Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, 20. "and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, 21. "whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began. 22. "For Moses truly said to the fathers, 'The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brethren. Him you shall hear in all things, whatever He says to you. 23. 'And it shall be [that] every soul who will not hear that Prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.' 24. "Yes, and all the prophets, from Samuel and those who follow, as many as have spoken, have also foretold these days. 25. "You are sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, 'And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.' 26. "To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one [of you] from your iniquities."

✝�STUDY We live in a generation where all sorts of messages are preached in the name of the gospel. Some of such messages are sensational and motivational and sometimes, accompanied by miracles. Ask yourself, if the healing of this lame man occurred in some churches or ministries today, what do you think the message will be like? Will it glorify God, the preacher or denomination?The disciples have given us the pattern of a balanced gospel: In yesterday’s passage, they gave glory to God for the miracle. They explained the ministry of Jesus, His death and resurrection and man’s sinful response to God’s gift, Jesus. In today’s passage, Peter pointed out the need and gains of repentance (v.19), God’s judgment for the disobedient (v.23) and future restoration of all things according to God’s plan (v.21). They ended by challenging their hearers to adhere personally to the word that they heard (vs. 25-26). It is unfortunate that such sermons that emphasise repentance and the ministry of Jesus is lacking in some gatherings today. It is also unfortunate that some of us hearers fail to appropriate the word personally in our lives. We are reminded today that we are the heirs of God’s covenant (v.23). We preach and act in accordance to God’s instruction.

✝� PRAYER: Pray for ministers to preach the balanced gospel.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:58am On Apr 30, 2020
Date: 2020-04-30

✝�TOPIC: CUSTODIANS AND ENEMIES OF THE TEMPLE

✝�TEXT: ACTS 4:1-12(NKJV) 1. Now as they spoke to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees came upon them, 2. being greatly disturbed that they taught the people and preached in Jesus the resurrection from the dead. 3. And they laid hands on them, and put [them] in custody until the next day, for it was already evening. 4. However, many of those who heard the word believed; and the number of the men came to be about five thousand. 5. And it came to pass, on the next day, that their rulers, elders, and scribes, 6. as well as Annas the high priest, Caiaphas, John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the family of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem. 7. And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, "By what power or by what name have you done this?" 8. Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers of the people and elders of Israel: 9. "If we this day are judged for a good deed [done] to a helpless man, by what means he has been made well, 10. "let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. 11. "This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.' 12. "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

✝�STUDY The temple guards arrested Peter and John for teaching about Jesus and His resurrection. They were taken to the high priest, Caiaphas, magistrates and elders. It is unfortunate that these men who tried them were Priests and defenders of the law. They were custodians of the temple and yet enemies of the Lord of the temple. This shows that some church leaders do not want their followers to go beyond spiritual mediocrity and dependence on them;hence, they oppose anyone who tries to enlighten them on the true gospel. It is also clear that one can obtain the highest titles and positions in the church and yet be an enemy of the gospel. Examine yourself today to find out if you are using your position or title to oppose the gospel or children of God around you. Repent before it becomes too late. It is also worthwhile to note that the disciples in spite of the evident intimidation and poor educational background, were still courteous in speech and unchanging in their message. Peter, in verse 8,spoke under the influence of the Holy Spirit. This is a lesson for some ministers who when intimidated by political, business, religious, legal and educational stalwarts, modify their messages to avoid confrontation. Remain firm and bold in the gospel and controlled by the Holy Spirit.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, help me to be ever filled with the Holy Spirit and a ready vessel to defend your gospel at all times.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:10am On May 01, 2020
Date: 2020-05-01 (St. Philip’s and St. James’ the Apostles Day)

✝�TOPIC: THE VIRTUE OF ENDURANCE

✝�TEXT: JAMES 1:1-12(NKJV) 1. James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings. 2. My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3. knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4. But let patience have [its] perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8. [he is] a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. 9. Let the lowly brother glory in his exaltation, 10. but the rich in his humiliation, because as a flower of the field he will pass away. 11. For no sooner has the sun risen with a burning heat than it withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beautiful appearance perishes. So the rich man also will fade away in his pursuits. 12. Blessed [is] the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

✝�STUDY The writer of our text is believed to be James the half-brother of our Lord Jesus Christ. As a respected Christian leader in Jerusalem (Acts 12:17; 15:13), he wrote exercising pastoral care/concern to believers who were scattered throughout the Roman world because of persecution. His purpose was to encourage them to remain in the faith despite the hardship they experienced in their new locations. The operative words in the text are trial, temptations and testing. Real Christianity is not easy. Faithful, uncompromising Christians often attract persecution (John 15:18-20). Persecution comes in various forms of trials (hard situations in which God provides a person an opportunity to do something right) and temptations (enticement of a person to do something wrong). Christians should see trials and temptations as a process of spiritual growth,not destruction (1 Pet. 1:6-7). Trials and temptations call for steadfastness in our faith, with joyful patience (vs. 2, 3, 12), the fruit of the Holy Spirit (Gal. 5:22). James’ admonition implies that difficult situations are overcome, not by complaining, but by endurance. Therefore, periods of hardships demand wisdom (correct application of knowledge) from God so that a Christian will be victorious and obtain the crown of life (James 1:2; Rev. 2:10).

✝� PRAYER: Father abide with me in times of difficulties that I may be victorious. HAPPY NEW MONTH OF MAY!
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:00am On May 02, 2020
Date: 2020-05-02

✝�TOPIC: THE PERFECT LAW OF LIBERTY

✝�TEXT: JAMES 1:13-27(NKJV)
13. Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. 16. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures. 19. So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; 20. for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. 21. Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. 22. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24. for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues [in it,] and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. 26. If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion [is] useless. 27. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, [and] to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

✝�STUDY Liberty is one of the greatest desires of manbut uncontrolled liberty is destructive. Law is necessary for proper regulation of man’s conduct. 2 Timothy 3:16 states that Scripture is given for reproof,correction and instruction in righteousness. Our text refers to the Scriptures as – ‘The perfect law of liberty’ (v.25),and the law that regulates our liberty in Christ (Gal. 5:1).James states some of the laws: (a) Thesoul that sins will die (Ezek. 18:20). So avoid sin by overcoming its cause which is temptation (vs. 13-15). 1 Corinthians 10:13 reveals that God is faithful; he will not allow you to be tempted more than you can bear. (b) That Christians should dedicate themselves to God (James 1:18), just as first fruitsof harvest are set aside (Proverbs 3:9; Lev. 23:10). (c) Believers should control their tongues (vs. 19, 26; Ecclesiastes 5:2), especially when angry, because anger produces unrighteousness. (d) Christians should not be filthy but rather pure in their lives (v.21). The Holy Spirit in us is our guide in this; we should obey Him. We should always read the Scriptures and apply them for in them is life. Avoid sin as you go about your life today.

✝� PRAYER: Father, give me grace to always read and apply the Scripturesin my life.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:50am On May 03, 2020
Date: 2020-05-03 (Easter 3)

✝�TOPIC: JESUS HAS AUTHORITY OVER LIFE AND DEATH

✝�TEXT: John 11:17-27(NKJV) 17. So when Jesus came, He found that he had already been in the tomb four days. 18. Now Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles away. 19. And many of the Jews had joined the women around Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother. 20. Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met Him, but Mary was sitting in the house. 21. Then Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. 22. "But even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You." 23. Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." 24. Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day." 25. Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26. "And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" 27. She said to Him, "Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world."

✝�STUDY Lazarus, Jesus’ friend (John 11:3), had just died. Jesus had to go to Bethany to restore the life. Martha and Mary knew Jesus, but perhaps only as a great healer from God; one whose prayers God answers (v.22). Martha had faith (vs. 21, 22 & 24) but a ‘shallow one’ (v.39). She believed Lazarus would live again but at the resurrection of the righteous (v.39). The two sisters though believers, had imperfect knowledge of Christ’s capabilities (vs. 21 & 32). They did not know that distance was no hindrance to Christ’s ability. Also, apparently they did not understand Christ’s assertion: “I am the resurrection and the life (v.25). These were vacuums in their Christianity. To what extent do you know Christ? Jesus has authority over life and death, He is God personified (Col. 2:7). As he loved Lazarus, so He loves us. He restores life, not only to Lazarus but to anything dead, including our businesses. To spiritually dead persons, He gives life and the backslidden He restores. Where there is sorrow,He brings joy. But we must know Him closely. He has power to do all things (Matt. 28:18). Like Paul, let us strive to know Him and the power of His resurrection(Phil. 3:cool.

✝� PRAYER: Ask God to give you the grace to know Him beyond the ordinary.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:03am On May 04, 2020
Date: 2020-05-04

✝�TOPIC: DIVINE INTERVENTION

✝�TEXT: Ezekiel 36:1-15(NKJV) 1. "And you, son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel, and say, 'O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the LORD! 2. 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because the enemy has said of you, 'Aha! The ancient heights have become our possession,' " ' 3. "therefore prophesy, and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because they made [you] desolate and swallowed you up on every side, so that you became the possession of the rest of the nations, and you are taken up by the lips of talkers and slandered by the people" -- 4. 'therefore, O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD! Thus says the Lord GOD to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken, which became plunder and mockery to the rest of the nations all around -- 5. 'therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Surely I have spoken in My burning jealousy against the rest of the nations and against all Edom, who gave My land to themselves as a possession, with whole-hearted joy [and] spiteful minds, in order to plunder its open country." ' 6. "Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel, and say to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, and the valleys, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and My fury, because you have borne the shame of the nations." 7. 'Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "I have raised My hand in an oath that surely the nations that [are] around you shall bear their own shame. 8. " But you, O mountains of Israel, you shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to My people Israel, for they are about to come. 9. "For indeed I [am] for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be tilled and sown. 10. "I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt. 11. "I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better [for you] than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I [am] the LORD. 12. "Yes, I will cause men to walk on you, My people Israel; they shall take possession of you, and you shall be their inheritance; no more shall you bereave them [of children."] 13. 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because they say to you, 'You devour men and bereave your nation [of children,'] 14. "therefore you shall devour men no more, nor bereave your nation anymore," says the Lord GOD. 15. "Nor will I let you hear the taunts of the nations anymore, nor bear the reproach of the peoples anymore, nor shall you cause your nation to stumble anymore," says the Lord GOD.' "

✝�STUDY Today we read about God’s plan to destroy Edom (descendants of Esau) and to restore Israel (referred to as mountains of Israel) from captivity. For her sins, Israel was banished (Deut. 28:15-37; Ezek 20:13-26). Rather than show sympathy, Edom rejoiced at Israel’s captivity and economic woes. Edom even planned to take over the land of Israel (v.2). Recall the old time enmity between Esau and Jacob.Verses6 and 7 show that Israel’s period of shame and mockery would be over and their adversaries would have their own calamities. People usually rejoice at the calamities of their “enemies”; even relations and neighbours. Christians who indulge in this must repent. We should learn to forgive our offenders rather than perpetuate enmity from generation to generation. Romans 12:18 commands Christians to make peace with all men. See also Luke 6:28. God frowns at disobedience toHis command to love. Make peace with your enemies today; it may not be easy for the flesh but endeavour to do so. God is concerned about His people at all times. He is full of fury when He sees His people suffer mockery and shame. He plans restoration so our gloomy days will become bright.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, help me to forgive my enemies and please restore what is lost in my life.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:16am On May 05, 2020
Date: 2020-05-05

✝�TOPIC: GOD’S CONCERN FOR HIS NAME

✝�TEXT: EZEKIEL 36:16-23(NKJV)
16. Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying: 17. "Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own ways and deeds; to Me their way was like the uncleanness of a woman in her customary impurity. 18. "Therefore I poured out My fury on them for the blood they had shed on the land, and for their idols [with which] they had defiled it. 19. "So I scattered them among the nations, and they were dispersed throughout the countries; I judged them according to their ways and their deeds. 20. "When they came to the nations, wherever they went, they profaned My holy name -- when they said of them, 'These [are] the people of the LORD, [and] yet they have gone out of His land.' 21. "But I had concern for My holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations wherever they went. 22. " Therefore say to the house of Israel, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "I do not do [this] for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name's sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. 23. "And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I [am] the LORD," says the Lord GOD, "when I am hallowed in you before their eyes.

✝�STUDY There is a basic truth in today’s passage- God is concerned for His reputation or His Holy Name. God chose Israel to serve as His oracle, to make Him known to the world, but Israel failed. They behaved like the neighbouring heathen nations in blood-shedding and idolatry. They were therefore banished. But their banishment was misconstrued by the unbelieving nations as; (1) Proof of God’s inability to keep His people (v.20). (2) As the superiority of the conquerors’ god over the Israelites’ God (Isa. 48:11). (3) Many Israelites in scattered locations behaved poorlyand this brought dishonour to Jehovah and His Holy Name (v.21). God would therefore restore Israel, not because they deserved it but for His Name’s sake. Israel’s restoration would first demand her repentance by God’s grace (Phil. 2:13) and this restores God’s glory before the heathen nations. Christians should not abuse God’s grace by behaving like unbelievers- indulging in bloodshed, idolatry and worldliness. God’s Name is Holy and they that identify with Him must depart from iniquity. God is holy; He demands holiness from us (Lev. 19:2). The gods of unbelievers are unholy, hence their unholy lifestyle. We must not give cause for God’s Name to be mocked by unbelievers.

✝� PRAYER: Keep me shining Lord in my life so that You will be glorified in me.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:31am On May 06, 2020
Date: 2020-05-06
✝�TOPIC: RESTORATION OF GOD’S CHILDREN

✝�TEXT: Ezekiel 36:24-32(NKJV)
24. "For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. 25. "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26. "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27. "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do [them.] 28. "Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God. 29. "I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. I will call for the grain and multiply it, and bring no famine upon you. 30. "And I will multiply the fruit of your trees and the increase of your fields, so that you need never again bear the reproach of famine among the nations. 31. "Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that [were] not good; and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight, for your iniquities and your abominations. 32. "Not for your sake do I do [this,"] says the Lord GOD, "let it be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel!"

STUDY: This passage is a double prophecy. It includes both the physical restoration of Israel from Babylonian captivity and her final (physical and spiritual) restoration from among all (vs.24) the nations after the Second Coming of Christ. At that time, Israel will accept Christ as her Lord and Saviour. Although, many Israelites returned from the Babylonian captivity with remorse, the repentance at the second advent of Christ will be massive. God will cleanse them spiritually and give them a new heart to obey, love and be committed to Him (vs. 26-27). With the restoration of relationship, God promised Israel a peaceful settlement in the landHe gave their ancestors, with economic and agricultural benefits (vs. 28-30). The new covenant (vs. 25-27), though reserved for Christ’s Second Coming, will not be only with Israel. Gentiles are included. A foretaste of the covenant is with us today. If we examine ourselves and observe we have lost spiritual relationship with Godand if we judge ourselves and repent, we shall be saved. You have opportunity for that salvation even now, if you are utterly ashamed of your sins and repent of them.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, in your mercy convict me of my sins and give me a willing spirit to repent and act according to your will.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:23am On May 07, 2020
Date: 2020-05-07

✝�TOPIC: BE RECONCILED TO GOD

✝�TEXT: EZEKIEL 36:33-38(NKJV)
33. ' Thus says the Lord GOD: "On the day that I cleanse you from all your iniquities, I will also enable [you] to dwell in the cities, and the ruins shall be rebuilt. 34. "The desolate land shall be tilled instead of lying desolate in the sight of all who pass by. 35. "So they will say, 'This land that was desolate has become like the garden of Eden; and the wasted, desolate, and ruined cities [are now] fortified [and] inhabited.' 36. "Then the nations which are left all around you shall know that I, the LORD, have rebuilt the ruined places [and] planted what was desolate. I, the LORD, have spoken [it,] and I will do [it."] 37. ' Thus says the Lord GOD: "I will also let the house of Israel inquire of Me to do this for them: I will increase their men like a flock. 38. "Like a flock offered as holy sacrifices, like the flock at Jerusalem on its feast days, so shall the ruined cities be filled with flocks of men. Then they shall know that I [am] the LORD." ' "

✝�STUDY Our text first addresses the pre-condition for divine restoration (vs.33). Upon restoration, Israel would become like the Garden of Eden; fertile, fruitful and urbanised (vs. 35, vs. 38). Above all, God would once more hear Israel’s prayers (see Ezekiel 20:3; Ezekiel 36:37) and would be glorified again by all, including the surrounding nations. Note in verses 21, vs22 and vs32, it is God who does the cleansing and restoration of the lost glory, purely out of grace and for His Name’s sake. This points to the new covenant (vs. 25-28) and the work of the Holy Spirit based on the finished work of Christ on the cross. Today, with the redemptive work completed, God works in us from within, where the Holy spirit comes to take up the work of transformation (Phil. 2:13). Our ruined lives now have the opportunity to be regenerated. We can be refreshed, re-occupied or occupied by a new master (2 Cor. 5: 16-18). The purpose of today’s meditation is to arouse in us the desire to seek or respond to God if we have not done so yet. Read verse 32b again.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, hear my prayers for your divine restoration and blessings.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:40am On May 08, 2020
Date: 2020-05-08

✝�TOPIC: LIFE FROM THE DEAD

✝�TEXT: EZEKIEL 37:1-10(NKJV) 1. The hand of the LORD came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it [was] full of bones. 2. Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, [there were] very many in the open valley; and indeed [they were] very dry. 3. And He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" So I answered, "O Lord GOD, You know." 4. Again He said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5. 'Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: "Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. 6. "I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I [am] the LORD." ' " 7. So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8. Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but [there was] no breath in them. 9. Also He said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live." ' " 10. So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.

✝�STUDY The promise of spiritual restoration in Ezekiel 36,is what God is fulfilling in our text today where we read of dry bones being called back to life (vs. 4-5). That the bones were many and very dry speak of total absence of spirituality. Verses 7 - 8 speak of restoration of physical Israel as evidenced in “there was no breath in them” (vs. cool. But this utterly hopeless and apparently irredeemable situation takes a new turn in verses 9 & 10, when Israel is restored spiritually. Presently, it is very much believed that the nation Israel is not yet restored spiritually. Her spiritual restoration, it is believed,will take place at Christ’s Second Coming. God is still working His purpose out in our lives. He is still raising to life, people who are spiritually dead, both Jews and non-Jews. The miracle of transformation is still on for as many as will come to Him. Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?

✝� PRAYER: Eternal God, work Your purpose out until it is filled with your Glory.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:23am On May 10, 2020
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN.* THE DAILY DEVOTIONAL OF THE CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* SUNDAY, MAY 10, 2020 *_(Easter 4)_*

*THEME:* DO NOT BE DECEIVED

*BIBLE READING:* 1 CORINTHIANS 4: 14-5:5 *(NIV)* 4:14. I am writing this not to shame you but to warn you as my dear children. 15. Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. 16. Therefore I urge you to imitate me. 17. For this reason I have sent to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church. 18. Some of you have become arrogant, as if I were not coming to you. 19. But I will come to you very soon, if the Lord is willing, and then I will find out not only how these arrogant people are talking, but what power they have. 20. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. 21. What do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a rod of discipline, or shall I come in love and with a gentle spirit? 5:1. It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2. And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3. For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4. So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5. Hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

*MESSAGE:* The Advanced Learner’s Dictionary defines ‘mentor’ as a wise and trusted adviser/master and helper of an inexperienced person. A disciple, on the other hand, is an inexperienced person understudying a wise and trusted adviser in a particular area of life. A mentor is expected to reproduce himself in his followers (Luke 6:40); see also John 13:15 where Christ says “I have given you an example that you should do as I have done….” In our text, Paul is worried that some of his “children”, followers, disciples, in the Corinthian church were not following his footsteps (v.16). There are false teachers who are reproducing their kind or destroying those brought up in the proper way. See 1 John 4:1 and Ephesians 5:1. In 1 John 4:1 we are advised to test every spirit before identifying with any, as our leader, teacher or pastor. How do we test them? See Matt 7:15-18; 1 John 2:15-19. We are warned to avoid leaders, pastors or brothers and sisters who are worldly or carnal and do not imitate Christ. A leader to follow must walk close to God. His life must be an example: Not a fornicator or adulterer; not materialistic but sober-minded and careful about life.

*PRAYER:* Father, please help me to live my life in a way that will be worthy of You.

*Daily Fountain Quote of the Day* _“For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.”_ *(Hebrews 6:10)*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:23am On May 11, 2020
Date: 2020-05-11
✝�TOPIC: MIND YOUR ACTIONS

TEXT: RUTH 1:1-13(NKJV)
1. Now it came to pass, in the days when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land. And a certain man of Bethlehem, Judah, went to dwell in the country of Moab, he and his wife and his two sons. 2. The name of the man [was] Elimelech, the name of his wife [was] Naomi, and the names of his two sons [were] Mahlon and Chilion -- Ephrathites of Bethlehem, Judah. And they went to the country of Moab and remained there. 3. Then Elimelech, Naomi's husband, died; and she was left, and her two sons. 4. Now they took wives of the women of Moab: the name of the one [was] Orpah, and the name of the other Ruth. And they dwelt there about ten years. 5. Then both Mahlon and Chilion also died; so the woman survived her two sons and her husband. 6. Then she arose with her daughters-in-law that she might return from the country of Moab, for she had heard in the country of Moab that the LORD had visited His people by giving them bread. 7. Therefore she went out from the place where she was, and her two daughters-in-law with her; and they went on the way to return to the land of Judah. 8. And Naomi said to her two daughters-in-law, "Go, return each to her mother's house. The LORD deal kindly with you, as you have dealt with the dead and with me. 9. "The LORD grant that you may find rest, each in the house of her husband." Then she kissed them, and they lifted up their voices and wept. 10. And they said to her, "Surely we will return with you to your people." 11. But Naomi said, "Turn back, my daughters; why will you go with me? [Are] there still sons in my womb, that they may be your husbands? 12. "Turn back, my daughters, go -- for I am too old to have a husband. If I should say I have hope, [if] I should have a husband tonight and should also bear sons, 13. "would you wait for them till they were grown? Would you restrain yourselves from having husbands? No, my daughters; for it grieves me very much for your sakes that the hand of the LORD has gone out against me!"

✝�STUDY Ruth was a Moabitess whose ancestors worshipped idols (vs. 4, vs15). The Israelites had been forbidden from marrying foreigners to avoid being drawn into idolatry (Deut. 7:3). However,Mahlon married Ruth while in the country of Moab where his family relocated because of famine In Israel (vs. 1-2). Within a period of ten years, all the men in that family of 6 had died, leaving behind the old mother, Naomi, and two widows Oprah and Ruth (vs. 4-5). What a hopeless situation! Encouraged by the news of economic recovery back home, the three widows decided to return to Israel (vs. 6-7). Naomi must have felt that her situation was hopeless. She was also concerned about the fate of the young widows in Israel if they returned with her. She felt they had better prospects in their home country, and suggested they remained in Moab. We shall see later how the hopeless situation was turned around by God. Are you facing a seemingly hopeless situation in your family, marriage, work, or academics? Remember God’s promise to turn the desert into pools of water, and make a way where there seems to be no way (Isaiah 41:17-19). Our God gives hope to the hopeless; a hope that does not disappoint.

✝� PRAYER: Oh God, enable me to trust you in every situation in life!

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:35am On May 13, 2020
Date: 2020-05-13

✝�TOPIC: DIVINE FAVOUR

✝�TEXT: RUTH 2:1-12(NKJV) 1. There was a relative of Naomi's husband, a man of great wealth, of the family of Elimelech. His name [was] Boaz. 2. So Ruth the Moabitess said to Naomi, "Please let me go to the field, and glean heads of grain after [him] in whose sight I may find favor." And she said to her, "Go, my daughter." 3. Then she left, and went and gleaned in the field after the reapers. And she happened to come to the part of the field [belonging] to Boaz, who [was] of the family of Elimelech. 4. Now behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem, and said to the reapers, "The LORD [be] with you!" And they answered him, "The LORD bless you!" 5. Then Boaz said to his servant who was in charge of the reapers, "Whose young woman [is] this?" 6. So the servant who was in charge of the reapers answered and said, "It [is] the young Moabite woman who came back with Naomi from the country of Moab. 7. "And she said, 'Please let me glean and gather after the reapers among the sheaves.' So she came and has continued from morning until now, though she rested a little in the house." 8. Then Boaz said to Ruth, "You will listen, my daughter, will you not? Do not go to glean in another field, nor go from here, but stay close by my young women. 9. "[Let] your eyes [be] on the field which they reap, and go after them. Have I not commanded the young men not to touch you? And when you are thirsty, go to the vessels and drink from what the young men have drawn." 10. So she fell on her face, bowed down to the ground, and said to him, "Why have I found favor in your eyes, that you should take notice of me, since I [am] a foreigner?" 11. And Boaz answered and said to her, "It has been fully reported to me, all that you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband, and [how] you have left your father and your mother and the land of your birth, and have come to a people whom you did not know before. 12. "The LORD repay your work, and a full reward be given you by the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings you have come for refuge."

✝�STUDY Gleaning among farmers implies going over the fields several times to maximise harvest recovery. But in Leviticus 19:10 and 23:22, God commanded his people to deliberately leave the gleanings for the poor and the alien. Naomi and Ruth made use of this opportunity. Ruth went out hoping to find a field belonging to someone who might show her favour (v.2), but she got a divine favour (v.10). Notice her initiative and wise steps, first to obtain support from her mother-in-law (v.2), and then the foreman’s permission (vs. 6-7). Her industry is also commendable (vs. 7,11). Today, many of our young person’s spend quality time watching movies, surfing the internet or just idling. What can be done to ignite the kind of initiative and industry we see in Ruth in our generation? After Boaz had extended much favours to Ruth, he prayed that God would reward her (v.12). Do you think she would have activated these favours if she remained at home complaining, or went about begging? We can agree with James 2:17 that her faith in God was shown through her actions! Thus, as we pray for divine favours, let us take definite steps of faith, knowing that God will make us return with shouts of joy (v.12;Psalm 126:6).

✝�PRAYER: Oh Lord our God, as I engage in honest activities,please grant me divine favours today.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:35am On May 14, 2020
Date: 2020-05-14

✝�TOPIC: A KINSMAN-REDEEMER

✝�TEXT: RUTH 2:13-23(NKJV)
13. Then she said, "Let me find favor in your sight, my lord; for you have comforted me, and have spoken kindly to your maidservant, though I am not like one of your maidservants." 14. Now Boaz said to her at mealtime, "Come here, and eat of the bread, and dip your piece of bread in the vinegar." So she sat beside the reapers, and he passed parched [grain] to her; and she ate and was satisfied, and kept some back. 15. And when she rose up to glean, Boaz commanded his young men, saying, "Let her glean even among the sheaves, and do not reproach her. 16. "Also let [grain] from the bundles fall purposely for her; leave [it] that she may glean, and do not rebuke her." 17. So she gleaned in the field until evening, and beat out what she had gleaned, and it was about an ephah of barley. 18. Then she took [it] up and went into the city, and her mother-in-law saw what she had gleaned. So she brought out and gave to her what she had kept back after she had been satisfied. 19. And her mother-in-law said to her, "Where have you gleaned today? And where did you work? Blessed be the one who took notice of you." So she told her mother-in-law with whom she had worked, and said, "The man's name with whom I worked today [is] Boaz." 20. Then Naomi said to her daughter-in-law, "Blessed [be] he of the LORD, who has not forsaken His kindness to the living and the dead!" And Naomi said to her, "This man [is] a relation of ours, one of our close relatives." 21. Ruth the Moabitess said, "He also said to me, 'You shall stay close by my young men until they have finished all my harvest.' " 22. And Naomi said to Ruth her daughter-in-law, "[It is] good, my daughter, that you go out with his young women, and that people do not meet you in any other field." 23. So she stayed close by the young women of Boaz, to glean until the end of barley harvest and wheat harvest; and she dwelt with her mother-in-law.

✝�STUDY Ruth expressed deep appreciation for the unusual kindness and favours shown to her by Boaz (vs. 10, vs13). Three additional favours are described in verses 14-16 and 21 namely, a meal invitation, special permission to pick up whole bundles of grain, and an extension of the “gleaning permit” to cover the entire harvest period! The processed grain from the first day’s gleanings amounted to about an ephah (some 22 litres), which could provide enough food for two people for several days (vs. 17-18)! As Ruth returned home, she learned that Boaz was actually a relative, a kinsman-redeemer who had been helping the family for a long time (v.20). His wealth notwithstanding, Boaz did not overlook the underprivileged, but took practical steps to help them (vs. 1, vs. 21-22). There could be someone around you that may need your help todayand this help may not always be financial, but could be material, social or even spiritual. Try to identify genuine needs around you, and prayerfully take steps to meet some of them! Hebrews 2:14-18 shows us that Jesus is our brother who came to redeem us from sin and death. Have you identified with this Jesus, our kinsman-redeemer?

✝� PRAYER: Oh Lord, make me an instrument of blessing to someone today.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:22am On May 15, 2020
Date: 2020-05-15

✝�TOPIC: HOME FOR A YOUNG WIDOW

✝�TEXT: RUTH 3:1-18(NKJV)
1. Then Naomi her mother-in-law said to her, "My daughter, shall I not seek security for you, that it may be well with you? 2. "Now Boaz, whose young women you were with, [is he] not our relative? In fact, he is winnowing barley tonight at the threshing floor. 3. "Therefore wash yourself and anoint yourself, put on your [best] garment and go down to the threshing floor; [but] do not make yourself known to the man until he has finished eating and drinking. 4. "Then it shall be, when he lies down, that you shall notice the place where he lies; and you shall go in, uncover his feet, and lie down; and he will tell you what you should do." 5. And she said to her, "All that you say to me I will do." 6. So she went down to the threshing floor and did according to all that her mother-in-law instructed her. 7. And after Boaz had eaten and drunk, and his heart was cheerful, he went to lie down at the end of the heap of grain; and she came softly, uncovered his feet, and lay down. 8. Now it happened at midnight that the man was startled, and turned himself; and there, a woman was lying at his feet. 9. And he said, "Who [are] you?" So she answered, "I [am] Ruth, your maidservant. Take your maidservant under your wing, for you are a close relative." 10. Then he said, "Blessed [are] you of the LORD, my daughter! For you have shown more kindness at the end than at the beginning, in that you did not go after young men, whether poor or rich. 11. "And now, my daughter, do not fear. I will do for you all that you request, for all the people of my town know that you [are] a virtuous woman. 12. "Now it is true that I [am] a close relative; however, there is a relative closer than I. 13. "Stay this night, and in the morning it shall be [that] if he will perform the duty of a close relative for you -- good; let him do it. But if he does not want to perform the duty for you, then I will perform the duty for you, [as] the LORD lives! Lie down until morning." 14. So she lay at his feet until morning, and she arose before one could recognize another. Then he said, "Do not let it be known that the woman came to the threshing floor." 15. Also he said, "Bring the shawl that [is] on you and hold it." And when she held it, he measured six [ephahs] of barley, and laid [it] on her. Then she went into the city. 16. So when she came to her mother-in-law, she said, "[Is] that you, my daughter?" Then she told her all that the man had done for her. 17. And she said, "These six [ephahs] of barley he gave me; for he said to me, 'Do not go empty-handed to your mother-in-law.' " 18. Then she said, "Sit still, my daughter, until you know how the matter will turn out; for the man will not rest until he has concluded the matter this day."

✝�STUDY Young widows often face financial, social, emotional and sexual pressures. Paul encourages such to remarry if possible, otherwise they should control themselves (1 Tim.5:11-14). The Mosaic Law permits a widow to be married by the late husband’s brother (Deut.25:5-6). Boaz was a close relative of Elimelek, Naomi’s late husband, (v.1; 2:20). In verses 1-4, Naomi gave detailed instructions to Ruth on how to remind Boaz of his responsibility to marry her. She obeyed (vs. 5-6). At that time in Israel, Ruth’s actions and statements in verses 7-9 were acceptable cultural ways of reminding him of his responsibility to provide her shelter, care and support. (See also Ezekiel 16:cool. Verses 9-13 show that Boaz understood the message and was prepared to take the required actions. Many concerned mothers and older women often mentor younger women on how to attract potential husbands through decent dressing and good manners as in verse 3 and 1Peter 3:3. While these external actions have their values, the inward preparations of 1Peter 3:4 have more durable effects.nt this need Above all, let anyone who desires to marry present this need to God in prayers and God shall supply all such needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Phil 4:19).

PRAYER
Dear LORD let your presence be with young widows(name one or more). Please provide their needs according to your riches in glory.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:12am On May 16, 2020
Date: 2020-05-16

✝�TOPIC: GOD IS WORKING HIS PURPOSE OUT!

✝�TEXT: RUTH 4:1-22(NKJV)
1. Now Boaz went up to the gate and sat down there; and behold, the close relative of whom Boaz had spoken came by. So Boaz said, "Come aside, friend, sit down here." So he came aside and sat down. 2. And he took ten men of the elders of the city, and said, "Sit down here." So they sat down. 3. Then he said to the close relative, "Naomi, who has come back from the country of Moab, sold the piece of land which [belonged] to our brother Elimelech. 4. "And I thought to inform you, saying, 'Buy [it] back in the presence of the inhabitants and the elders of my people. If you will redeem [it,] redeem [it;] but if you will not redeem [it, then] tell me, that I may know; for [there is] no one but you to redeem [it,] and I [am] next after you.' " And he said, "I will redeem [it."] 5. Then Boaz said, "On the day you buy the field from the hand of Naomi, you must also buy [it] from Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of the dead, to perpetuate the name of the dead through his inheritance." 6. And the close relative said, "I cannot redeem [it] for myself, lest I ruin my own inheritance. You redeem my right of redemption for yourself, for I cannot redeem [it."] 7. Now this [was the custom] in former times in Israel concerning redeeming and exchanging, to confirm anything: one man took off his sandal and gave [it] to the other, and this [was] a confirmation in Israel. 8. Therefore the close relative said to Boaz, "Buy [it] for yourself." So he took off his sandal. 9. And Boaz said to the elders and all the people, "You [are] witnesses this day that I have bought all that was Elimelech's, and all that [was] Chilion's and Mahlon's, from the hand of Naomi. 10. "Moreover, Ruth the Moabitess, the widow of Mahlon, I have acquired as my wife, to perpetuate the name of the dead through his inheritance, that the name of the dead may not be cut off from among his brethren and from his position at the gate. You [are] witnesses this day." 11. And all the people who [were] at the gate, and the elders, said, "[We are] witnesses. The LORD make the woman who is coming to your house like Rachel and Leah, the two who built the house of Israel; and may you prosper in Ephrathah and be famous in Bethlehem. 12. "May your house be like the house of Perez, whom Tamar bore to Judah, because of the offspring which the LORD will give you from this young woman." 13. So Boaz took Ruth and she became his wife; and when he went in to her, the LORD gave her conception, and she bore a son. 14. Then the women said to Naomi, "Blessed [be] the LORD, who has not left you this day without a close relative; and may his name be famous in Israel! 15. "And may he be to you a restorer of life and a nourisher of your old age; for your daughter-in-law, who loves you, who is better to you than seven sons, has borne him." 16. Then Naomi took the child and laid him on her bosom, and became a nurse to him. 17. Also the neighbor women gave him a name, saying, "There is a son born to Naomi." And they called his name Obed. He [is] the father of Jesse, the father of David. 18. Now this [is] the genealogy of Perez: Perez begot Hezron; 19. Hezron begot Ram, and Ram begot Amminadab; 20. Amminadab begot Nahshon, and Nahshon begot Salmon; 21. Salmon begot Boaz, and Boaz begot Obed; 22. Obed begot Jesse, and Jesse begot David.

✝�STUDY God often uses ordinary daily decisions and transactions to work out His purpose in the lives of His people. The first potential kinsman-redeemer was only interested in Elimelek’s property, but not in the welfare of the family he left behind (vs. 4-6). With this, he lost the opportunity to acquire the family property (which also implied marrying Ruth), and the duty fell to Boaz. With a solemn prayer in the presence of ten elders and several witnesses in the public square, Boaz married Ruth (vs. 9-12). In the course of time, Ruth gave birth to a son who became the ancestor of David and ultimately of Christ(Vs 13,vs16-23, Matt 1;17)
Thus as God helped Naomi and Ruth to overcome their immediately problems,he is also working out his grand salvation grand salvation for
the entire human race.
We often face challenges and difficulties in our lives daily, Good things also come our way daily, As we face each other whether pleasant or not may we trust God to work out his good purposes through our daily activities. May we agree we Jeremiah 29:11 that God will give us a future and a hope.

PRAYER
Thank you Lord,for your gracious plans for my life. Please enable me to trust you as you work them out for me.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:24am On May 17, 2020
Date: 2020-05-17 (Rogation Sunday)

✝�TOPIC: STRENGTH TO POSSESS OUR POSSESSIONS

✝�TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 11:1-17(NKJV)
1. "Therefore you shall love the LORD your God, and keep His charge, His statutes, His judgments, and His commandments always. 2. "Know today that [I do] not [speak] with your children, who have not known and who have not seen the chastening of the LORD your God, His greatness and His mighty hand and His outstretched arm -- 3. "His signs and His acts which He did in the midst of Egypt, to Pharaoh king of Egypt, and to all his land; 4. "what He did to the army of Egypt, to their horses and their chariots: how He made the waters of the Red Sea overflow them as they pursued you, and [how] the LORD has destroyed them to this day; 5. "what He did for you in the wilderness until you came to this place; 6. "and what He did to Dathan and Abiram the sons of Eliab, the son of Reuben: how the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up, their households, their tents, and all the substance that [was] in their possession, in the midst of all Israel -- 7. "but your eyes have seen every great act of the LORD which He did. 8. " Therefore you shall keep every commandment which I command you today, that you may be strong, and go in and possess the land which you cross over to possess, 9. "and that you may prolong [your] days in the land which the LORD swore to give your fathers, to them and their descendants, 'a land flowing with milk and honey.' 10. "For the land which you go to possess [is] not like the land of Egypt from which you have come, where you sowed your seed and watered [it] by foot, as a vegetable garden; 11. "but the land which you cross over to possess [is] a land of hills and valleys, which drinks water from the rain of heaven, 12. "a land for which the LORD your God cares; the eyes of the LORD your God [are] always on it, from the beginning of the year to the very end of the year. 13. ' And it shall be that if you earnestly obey My commandments which I command you today, to love the LORD your God and serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul, 14. 'then I will give [you] the rain for your land in its season, the early rain and the latter rain, that you may gather in your grain, your new wine, and your oil. 15. 'And I will send grass in your fields for your livestock, that you may eat and be filled.' 16. "Take heed to yourselves, lest your heart be deceived, and you turn aside and serve other gods and worship them, 17. "lest the LORD's anger be aroused against you, and He shut up the heavens so that there be no rain, and the land yield no produce, and you perish quickly from the good land which the LORD is giving you.

✝�STUDY Verses 1to 7 reveal a concise summary of God’s mighty deeds which compelled Pharaoh to let Israel go. When Pharaoh changed his mind and pursued them, God overwhelmed the pursuing army who drowned in the Red Sea, while the Israelites walked on dry ground (v.4;Exodus 14:28-29). During the 40 years of wandering in the desert, the same God provided for them (vs. 4-7; 32:10-14). As they were about to enter Canaan, they were prepared to have the strength to take its full possession. Verses 10-11 show key features of Canaan, a land that God Himself cares for throughout the year (v.12). For the people to possess the land and retain its productivity, they were to love and obey God (vs. 13-15). If they disobeyed, God’s anger would visit them, and they would soon perish (vs. 16-17). God has given us so many good and precious promises which we can access by loving and obeying Him fully (vs. 1, vs13; Joshua 21:45). His promises are sure, not one of them has failed or can fail (Josh.21:45;1 Kings 8:56;Matt. 5:18). May we therefore love and obey Him, so that we will have the strength to possess our possessions.

✝� PRAYER: God, please help me to love and obey You so that I can realise your promises in my life.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:33am On May 18, 2020
Date: 2020-05-18 (Rogation Monday)

✝�TOPIC: ENOCH WALKED WITH GOD

✝�TEXT: Genesis 5:18-31(NKJV) 18. Jared lived one hundred and sixty-two years, and begot Enoch. 19. After he begot Enoch, Jared lived eight hundred years, and had sons and daughters. 20. So all the days of Jared were nine hundred and sixty-two years; and he died. 21. Enoch lived sixty-five years, and begot Methuselah. 22. After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years, and had sons and daughters. 23. So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. 24. And Enoch walked with God; and he [was] not, for God took him. 25. Methuselah lived one hundred and eighty-seven years, and begot Lamech. 26. After he begot Lamech, Methuselah lived seven hundred and eighty-two years, and had sons and daughters. 27. So all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred and sixty-nine years; and he died. 28. Lamech lived one hundred and eighty-two years, and had a son. 29. And he called his name Noah, saying, "This [one] will comfort us concerning our work and the toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD has cursed." 30. After he begot Noah, Lamech lived five hundred and ninety-five years, and had sons and daughters. 31. So all the days of Lamech were seven hundred and seventy-seven years; and he died.

✝�STUDY Here, notice the name, age at which they had their first sons, total lifespan and brief remarks about four characters. The lifespans in years are Jared (962), Enoch (365), Methuselah (969) and Lamech (777). The others had their first sons at 162 years or more, but Enoch had his as a “young man” of 65 years! Further, while others died at between 777 and 969 years of age, Enoch was “taken by God” at a “youthful” age of 365. But what makes Enoch outstanding is the fact that he “walked with God” for 300 years, and “God took him” (vs. 22, 24; Heb. 11:5-6). What does it mean to walk with God? What did Enoch do that distinguished him from his generation? Jude 14-15 shows that he was a preacher of righteousness who warned his contemporaries against ungodliness. Though we live in an ungodly generation, we too can walk with God today! The first step is to commit oneself to the Lord Jesus Christ and receive the power to be God’s child (John 1:12);then continue daily in fellowship with God and His people, rejecting every work of darkness (Acts 2:46-47; Eph. 5:11-14). Like Enoch, we should also earnestly expect the coming of the Lord (Jude 14).

✝� PRAYER: Lord, please help me to walk with you all the days of my life.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:36am On May 19, 2020
Date: 2020-05-19 (Rogation Tuesday)

✝�TOPIC: A PLEASING AROMA TO THE LORD

✝�TEXT: Genesis 8:20-22(NKJV) 20. Then Noah built an altar to the LORD, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. 21. And the LORD smelled a soothing aroma. Then the LORD said in His heart, "I will never again curse the ground for man's sake, although the imagination of man's heart [is] evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done. 22. "While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat, Winter and summer, And day and night Shall not cease."

✝�STUDY Noah’s obedience to God resulted in the deliverance of his family, and pairs of several animals (Genesis 6 to cool. All other people and living creatures perished. They spent 244 days (over 8 months) in the ark, consisting of 40 days torrential rains, 150 days of flooding, and 54 days of waiting for dry land (Gen. 7:17, Gen. 7:24; Gen. 8:6, Gen. 8:10, Gen. 8:12). Once outside the ark, Noah built an altar to thank God for such a mighty deliverance! Why was Noah’s sacrifice “a pleasing aroma” to the Lord (vs.21), unlike that of Cain or Nadab and Abihu? (see Gen. 4:4-7; Lev. 10:1-2). 1 Samuel 15:20-23 and Psalm 51:16-19 show that God’s interest is not in the sacrifice itself, but in the worshipper’s obedience, dedication and consecration. God owns all “cattle on a thousand hills”, ourselves and all that we have (Psalm 50:8-13). God accepted Noah’s sacrifice and made a solemn pledge in verse 21 never again to destroy all living creatures! God also said that the earth’s seasons and day/night will never cease (vs.22)! Is each sacrifice, offering or contribution you make for God’s work a pleasing aroma to Him? To ensure this, be a living sacrifice to God (Rom. 12:1-2).

✝�PRAYER: Take my life and let it be, Consecrated, Lord to thee...(A&M 361)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:11am On May 20, 2020
Date: 2020-05-20 (Rogation Wednesday)

✝�TOPIC: BE ALERT!

✝�TEXT: 2 KINGS 2:1-15(NKJV) 1. And it came to pass, when the LORD was about to take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal. 2. Then Elijah said to Elisha, "Stay here, please, for the LORD has sent me on to Bethel." But Elisha said, "[As] the LORD lives, and [as] your soul lives, I will not leave you!" So they went down to Bethel. 3. Now the sons of the prophets who [were] at Bethel came out to Elisha, and said to him, "Do you know that the LORD will take away your master from over you today?" And he said, "Yes, I know; keep silent!" 4. Then Elijah said to him, "Elisha, stay here, please, for the LORD has sent me on to Jericho." But he said, "[As] the LORD lives, and [as] your soul lives, I will not leave you!" So they came to Jericho. 5. Now the sons of the prophets who [were] at Jericho came to Elisha and said to him, "Do you know that the LORD will take away your master from over you today?" So he answered, "Yes, I know; keep silent!" 6. Then Elijah said to him, "Stay here, please, for the LORD has sent me on to the Jordan." But he said, "[As] the LORD lives, and [as] your soul lives, I will not leave you!" So the two of them went on. 7. And fifty men of the sons of the prophets went and stood facing [them] at a distance, while the two of them stood by the Jordan. 8. Now Elijah took his mantle, rolled [it] up, and struck the water; and it was divided this way and that, so that the two of them crossed over on dry ground. 9. And so it was, when they had crossed over, that Elijah said to Elisha, "Ask! What may I do for you, before I am taken away from you?" Elisha said, "Please let a double portion of your spirit be upon me." 10. So he said, "You have asked a hard thing. [Nevertheless,] if you see me [when I am] taken from you, it shall be so for you; but if not, it shall not be [so."] 11. Then it happened, as they continued on and talked, that suddenly a chariot of fire [appeared] with horses of fire, and separated the two of them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 12. And Elisha saw [it,] and he cried out, "My father, my father, the chariot of Israel and its horsemen!" So he saw him no more. And he took hold of his own clothes and tore them into two pieces. 13. He also took up the mantle of Elijah that had fallen from him, and went back and stood by the bank of the Jordan. 14. Then he took the mantle of Elijah that had fallen from him, and struck the water, and said, "Where [is] the LORD God of Elijah?" And when he also had struck the water, it was divided this way and that; and Elisha crossed over. 15. Now when the sons of the prophets who [were] from Jericho saw him, they said, "The spirit of Elijah rests on Elisha." And they came to meet him, and bowed to the ground before him.

✝�STUDY Elijah did not tell Elisha about his impending departure until the very end (vs.9). Elisha and the other prophets knew of this coming event apparently by revelation (vs. 3, vs5 and vs7). God often reveals His plans to people who walk with Him (Gen. 18:17; Amos 3:7). Elijah initially asked Elisha to remain at Bethel and then at Jericho. Was it to prevent Elisha from making the request in verse 9 or to test his faith and patience? Whatever the case, Elisha was clearly determined. Having abandoned his farming enterprise and followed Elijah for the latter part of his challenging prophetic ministry, Elisha would not want anything to distract him (1 Kings 19:16-21; vs. 2-3, vs4-6). Elisha’s desire was for a double portion of Elijah’s spirit and power (v.9)! Although this was a difficult request, it would be granted if he was alert (v.10). What level of faith is required to make such a request, and have it fulfilled (Matt. 17:20; Heb. 11:6)? Apart from lack of faith, major barriers to receiving answers to prayers are sin, lack of knowledge of the power of God, and praying with wrong motives or outside God's will(Isaiah:59:1-3,Mark 12:21, James 4:3). What can we do to ensure that our prayer requests are granted?

PRAYER
Dear LORD please increase our faith!

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:26am On May 21, 2020
Date: 2020-05-21 (Ascension of Christ)

✝�TOPIC: THIS SAME JESUS!

✝�TEXT: Acts 1:1-11(NKJV) 1. The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, 2. until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, 3. to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God. 4. And being assembled together with [them,] He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which," [He said,] "you have heard from Me; 5. "for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." 6. Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, "Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" 7. And He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. 8. "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." 9. Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11. who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This [same] Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

✝�STUDY From our text, Jesus after His death and resurrection appeared to the Apostles. He gave them many convincing proofs that He was alive, appearing to them over a period of 40 days and telling them about God’s kingdom (vs.3). During one such occasion, He told them to remain at Jerusalem in order to receive the gift God had promised (vs.4). He also told them that they would receive power when the Holy Spirit came on them. The power would be for them to witness, starting from Jerusalem to the ends of the earth (vs.cool. After speaking to them, Jesus ascended into Heaven in the full view of the apostles. It took the intervention of two angels to make them understand that the same Jesus who had defied the law of gravity would come back to earth in the same way (vs.11). The passage for today makes it clear that the life, death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ are historical facts. His ascension was a reality and His coming again is certain. My friend, this same Jesus is able to save, keep, guide, heal and help you in your life today. Only trust Him, obey Him and be ready.

✝� PRAYER: Heavenly Father, help me to overcome the life of sin as I wait for the coming of the Lord. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:42am On May 22, 2020
Date: 2020-05-22

✝�TOPIC: STAYING TOGETHER IN HIS PRESENCE

✝�TEXT: ACTS 1:12-14(NKJV) 12. Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey. 13. And when they had entered, they went up into the upper room where they were staying: Peter, James, John, and Andrew; Philip and Thomas; Bartholomew and Matthew; James [the son] of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot; and Judas [the son] of James. 14. These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.

✝�STUDY After Jesus Christ ascended into Heaven, the apostles returned to Jerusalem and went upstairs to the room where they were staying (vs. 12-13). Notice that among those present in the room were the following persons: i) The remaining eleven apostles; ii) Certain women who were not named; iii) Mary the mother of Jesus; iv) The brothers of Jesus. It is interesting to note that as they all stayed together they had one major activity - prayer. Verse 14 tells us that all of them participated together constantly in prayer. This shows that this assembly had a sense of unity and reverence for God. Observe that by this time the brothers of Jesus had believed in Him (v.14). Praying constantly is a Christian virtue that should be emulated as commanded in the Scriptures (1 Thess. 5:17). Let us learn from the disciples to constantly pray for our nation, the Church and for all members of our families, especially every morning and night. Remember that the family that prays together stays together. May God bless you as you decide to always spend quality time together with your family in God’s presence.

✝� PRAYER: Help me O God to always participate in prayers at home and in the church. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:13am On May 23, 2020
Date: 2020-05-23

✝�TOPIC: ARISE, OH GOD!

✝�TEXT: Psalm 68:1-20(NKJV) 1. To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. A Song. Let God arise, Let His enemies be scattered; Let those also who hate Him flee before Him. 2. As smoke is driven away, So drive [them] away; As wax melts before the fire, [So] let the wicked perish at the presence of God. 3. But let the righteous be glad; Let them rejoice before God; Yes, let them rejoice exceedingly. 4. Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name YAH, And rejoice before Him. 5. A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, [Is] God in His holy habitation. 6. God sets the solitary in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity; But the rebellious dwell in a dry [land.] 7. O God, when You went out before Your people, When You marched through the wilderness, Selah 8. The earth shook; The heavens also dropped [rain] at the presence of God; Sinai itself [was moved] at the presence of God, the God of Israel. 9. You, O God, sent a plentiful rain, Whereby You confirmed Your inheritance, When it was weary. 10. Your congregation dwelt in it; You, O God, provided from Your goodness for the poor. 11. The Lord gave the word; Great [was] the company of those who proclaimed [it:] 12. "Kings of armies flee, they flee, And she who remains at home divides the spoil. 13. Though you lie down among the sheepfolds, [You will be] like the wings of a dove covered with silver, And her feathers with yellow gold." 14. When the Almighty scattered kings in it, It was [white] as snow in Zalmon. 15. A mountain of God [is] the mountain of Bashan; A mountain [of many] peaks [is] the mountain of Bashan. 16. Why do you fume with envy, you mountains of [many] peaks? [This is] the mountain [which] God desires to dwell in; Yes, the LORD will dwell [in it] forever. 17. The chariots of God [are] twenty thousand, [Even] thousands of thousands; The Lord is among them [as in] Sinai, in the Holy [Place.] 18. You have ascended on high, You have led captivity captive; You have received gifts among men, Even [from] the rebellious, That the LORD God might dwell [there.] 19. Blessed [be] the Lord, [Who] daily loads us [with benefits,] The God of our salvation! Selah 20. Our God [is] the God of salvation; And to GOD the Lord [belong] escapes from death.

✝�STUDY Today we see a prayer for God’s intervention in the lives of the wicked and the righteous. God is requested to scatter the wicked, make them run away from His presence, blow them away like the wind, melt them like wax in a fire and make them to perish (vs. 1-2). However, for the righteous, God is requested to make them glad, rejoice, happy and joyful. They are to sing praises to God and extol His name (vs. 3-4). God is a father to orphans and a defender of widows (v.5). Hence, Christians should be thankful to God - our Saviour - and burden bearer (v.19). Our God not only saves but He also helps us escape from death (v.20). Beloved, when God arises, it is either to bless or to judge. If judged by God’s standard, will you be seen as righteous or wicked? No matter what you are going through, God can arise and bring a change in your life. Jesus loves you and is ready to save you if you answer His invitation in Matthew 6:33. Come to Christ today and God will arise on your behalf.

✝� PRAYER: Father, arise to scatter your enemies and to save your people in Jesus name. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour / Download Music: Michael English In Christ Alone / The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 276
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.