Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo (71107 Views)

Arewa Twitter Calls Tinubu The 'Worst President Ever' / GRV’s Mother Calls Herself Mother Of Incoming Governor, Bashes Election Process / Tinubu Cannot Defeat Atiku - Arewa Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by idiege12(m): 1:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
Arewa twitter always bashing.

Meanwhile, see beautiful interior of Emoney's new mansion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF0mIBrGpWA
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by Ebenezar2020(m): 1:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
Abbie45:
grin
I doubt if you're the one on dp
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by Lekison(m): 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
Theenchanter2:
Na this one even off me pass.

So its better to hide sin in islam than to publicise it..... smiley

Interesting.
i thought am the only one that saw that.....this really gat me
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by SenecaTheYonger: 1:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
czarina:
Why? Is dating forbidden in Islam?

Public display of love is illegal
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by Lekison(m): 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2020
YusufTheGreat:
You re not a muslim bro, his hand is on her puzzzzy .
and you that is a muslim have the time to look at that

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This should not be misconstrued as derogatory.

Honestly, I still find it difficult to picture an Arewa folk effectively operating a smartphone or using Twitter.
The Arewa folks in the South have given most of us a stereotypical impression of them.

With that said.
I agree with the opinion of the Twitterians.
The conduct of the couple is very unbecoming of devout Muslims. Only Kafirs engage in such PDA.

Social media is the bane of decency and moral righteousness. True Muslims should not even use the social media lest their souls be corrupted by infidels.
Nwanne jisike
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by humblemikel(f): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
Muslims are naturally daft
Very annoying sects
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by harborlardey(m): 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
Please, Replace Nigerian *Muslims* with Nigerian *Hausa Muslims*

It would be very nice to be clear on matters like this.
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Public display of love is illegal
Illegal?
In Nigeria or Islam?
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by klax(m): 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
ContractKiller:
Muslims on Twitter react aggressively to a couple's pre-wedding photos

Nigerian Muslims on Twitter, popularly known as 'Arewa Twitter' have lashed out at a couple's pre-wedding photos as being indecent and against Islamic laws and precepts.

It is quite difficult to understand why this sect of people are always triggered by innocent posts on social media as this isn't the first time they have been a subject of trends such as this. The last being a series of ill comments hurled at a Twitter baker who made a Qu'ran themed cake.

Issues such as this have led to conflicts and arguments between northern twitters and their southern counterparts. As regards the photo, it has been alleged that it is against Islamic precepts to post public photos with bodily contacts before marital vows are exchanged.

Arewa Twitter is generally a group established on social media to correct societal norms and enforce Islamic laws on social media. Photos of the couples and reactions by Twitter users are posted underneath.

[img]https://images./563yuIHKvYmo0KIgyiVQek.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./uJJ95WV9Aowt90x8SIlpT.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./5BryjtriDnjZPuJPuK8ecu.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./Zj2TGwqVETexhDP2AIMq3.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./4z4VsMkwZrRZfJl1sjLTzC.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./5UVdW3l1vrjYITLZB9HKYH.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./dFm3L3xqXdxzWd8vVElTx.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./3oTAJrnFhcnoVd44eWB3YZ.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./11ahcYQJ21Dh5dozalu22S.jpg[/img]

You can share your thoughts on them. Do you think there's anything wrong in the photos? Do you think members of Arewa Twitter were bickering unnecessarily?

Sorry what is Arewa or Alewa or
A s sewa is that a street name or what Just asking pls.
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by Aysha110(f): 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
GhettoG1:
I'm a Muslim but i must confess most Muslims re jst hypocrite... What's wrong with that?
Even in quran Allah instruct Muslim women to always cover their head nd dress morally which d lady already did.
Muslim men are to put on something covering up to there knee level which d guy already did.
Those arewa youths re jst mumu jare, even my own i will do pass that... No b my wife to be?

I dont think ure a muslim dat u claim.u just said ur wife to b but not ur wife,is dat the teaching of Quran and sunnah?we agreed she cover all her body,buh does islam permit such kind of pics,they are unmarried,does she know what Allah has planned for her,he might not b her husband since dey have not marry yet.will any man with moral and Allah fearing date her again?

3 Likes

Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by YusufTheGreat: 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
Lekison:
and you that is a muslim have the time to look at that
Yes, I did thats my sin, but dont change the issue, is it right?
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by DarkJeddi(m): 2:21pm On Jan 03, 2020
omojeesu:

Religion kills!

But

Jesus (not Christians, not Christianity) saves!

Religion will ultimately set the world on fire until Jesus comes physically to take His own finally out of this terrible world, pour on earth the wrath of God and set up a new planetary order based on righteousness and love.
Tales by Moonlight.. undecided

Religion is a SCAM and that includes your Jesus.. grin

Physical Jesus indeed.. angry
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by SenecaTheYonger: 2:21pm On Jan 03, 2020
charliboy654:

Illegal?
In Nigeria or Islam?
Islamic state of Nigeria
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by mmsen: 2:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
Everything is haram in Islam.

No wonder they have no problem finding suicide bombers.

Better to die than live in a strait jacket

1 Like

Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by TheSourcerer: 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
jamiudinho:

I tot I was the only one that saw that
hypicracy would not allow them notice it
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by Amsickindahead: 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
I use to love this religion until i came into nairaland forum to find out that those running this blog are bunch of religious bigot,so i must agree to be a Muslim b4 i comment on Muslim related issues.Y'all need to check yourself coz man can't ever be like Jah..Jah over everything.
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by nams77: 2:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This should not be misconstrued as derogatory.

Honestly, I still find it difficult to picture an Arewa folk effectively operating a smartphone or using Twitter.
The Arewa folks in the South have given most of us a stereotypical impression of them.

With that said.
I agree with the opinion of the Twitterians.
The conduct of the couple is very unbecoming of devout Muslims. Only Kafirs engage in such PDA.

Social media is the bane of decency and moral righteousness. True Muslims should not even use the social media lest their souls be corrupted by infidels.
Pls who are infidels. I wanna learn
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by vickodedon(m): 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2020
The more they hate on Deezell the more he prove them wrong. Enjoy your marriage bro
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by bonnyhope: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
GhettoG1:
I'm a Muslim but i must confess most Muslims re jst hypocrite... What's wrong with that?
Even in quran Allah instruct Muslim women to always cover their head nd dress morally which d lady already did.
Muslim men are to put on something covering up to there knee level which d guy already did.
Those arewa youths re jst mumu jare, even my own i will do pass that... No b my wife to be?

You are Muslim from south or north?
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by thrillsport: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
GhettoG1:
You are a disgrace to Islam. This guy was not married yet you say he is right and you will do more. Sin is not socialization, modesty and respect is socialization.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by pointofview2019: 2:42pm On Jan 03, 2020
GhettoG1:
Religious discussions are always sensitive. I am also a muslim, and i will try to state what i know and as islam permits. Yes there are some very judgemental and hypocritic people out there that try using islam to cover up their own holier than thou mentality, but in this case even though their approach as many times is just plain judgemental, it is not wrong. Islam does not permit for an unmarried couple to have such bodily contact. As for the person that wrote this, you have every right to your opinion but as a muslim, that opinion should not be against islamic teachings. Besides as you rightly pointed out, everyone sins, but opinions matter especially when it comes to such sensitive issues. You don't have to be perceived as a soji person. you are a muslim first and everything else after.May Allah Grant us the wisdom to overcome what is wrong and stand for what is right. ameen

7 Likes

Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by thrillsport: 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
Lekison:
i thought am the only one that saw that.....this really gat me
When you keep it to yourself, you save others from the bad influence of that your sin. If you publicise it, its like advertising for devil
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by Manuscopy: 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
I must confess Muslims re jst hypocrite...,Before u condem dis guyz how many sins have u committed today?
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by pointofview2019: 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
mmsen:

The internet is not just for silly comments and social media, research on the truth behind religions, especially islam. All that is haram in islam,is what corrupts the soul. we live together in this nation yet most know so little about each other in culture and religion. I believe this is because nigerians prefer hear say than actual research. Islam is a religion of peace and you do not really need the internet to show you that, only if you can open your mind to the truth in your face. God Bless..

3 Likes

Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by thrillsport: 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
mmsen:

Not everything is haram my dear! Allah knows people sin and Qur'an calls Allah the Oft-forgiving (forgives again and again).
Muhammad S.A.W. was so accomodating and forgiving that people taught He isn't a true prophet. The only problem is if you make mistake don't advertise it and make others join you. MAKING MISTAKE ISN'T HARAM, BUT TEMPTING OTHERS TO DO SAME IS HARAM. Even Jesus said it is better that a large stone is tied round your neck than for you to tempt these little ones.

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by thrillsport: 3:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
Manuscopy:
I must confess Muslims re jst hypocrite...,Before u condem dis guyz how many sins have u committed today?
Not everything is haram my dear!
Allah knows people sin and
Qur'an calls Allah the Oft-
forgiving (forgives again and
again).
Muhammad S.A.W. was so
accomodating and forgiving that
people taught He isn't a true
prophet. The only problem is if
you make mistake don't
advertise it and make others join
you. MAKING MISTAKE ISN'T
HARAM, BUT TEMPTING OTHERS TO
DO SAME IS HARAM. Even Jesus
said it is better that a large stone
is tied round your neck than for
you to tempt these little ones.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
Islamic state of Nigeria
There's no such thing as Islamic state of Nigeria, and according to Nigeria constitution PDA is not illegal.
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by thrillsport: 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2020
nams77:
Pls who are infidels. I wanna learn
Unbelievers
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by Lekison(m): 3:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
thrillsport:

When you keep it to yourself, you save others from the bad influence of that your sin. If you publicise it, its like advertising for devil
chai mo 4 oooo
Re: Arewa Twitter Bashes Couple For This Pre Wedding Photo by SenecaTheYonger: 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
charliboy654:

There's no such thing as Islamic state of Nigeria, and according to Nigeria constitution PDA is not illegal.

Then there's your answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Second Stanza Of The Nigerian National Anthem Is A Prayer For The Youths. / Anthony Okechukwu Died In An Accident Not Lekki Tollgate Shooting - Brother / ObIdients & Tinubu Supporters, What Do You Learn From Datti & Sanwo-Olu Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.