Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off (69183 Views)

Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe / Nigerians Going To Cape Breton University. / FAAN Closes MMIA Departure Drop Off Zone Temporarily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by K4daniel: 8:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
Let's not get it twisted it was Canada that told America to tighten up her border due to many Nigerians crossing over from USA to Canada in the name of seeking asylum.

Then coupled with the harsh immigration policies of trump.

Let everyone stop applying to America for now until the new government take over.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by stevewale(m): 9:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
haha at those rejoicing over the news ... this doesn't mean the numbers of visa applicants dropped; it only re-affirms that the rate of refusal no be here oo ... either way, the US embassy is still making its money from applications with less folks being approved.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2020
lonelydora:

Yes o! Why are you not in COZA 12 Days of Glory (12DG)?

Let's say I don't believe in 'HipHop' pastors!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Johans1991: 9:15pm On Jan 03, 2020
GOD BLESS PMB

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by lonelydora: 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

Let's say I don't believe in 'HipHop' pastors!

Give me an example of a non 'HipHop' pastor.
Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Thegamingorca(m): 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2020
stevewale:
haha at those rejoicing over the news ... this doesn't mean the numbers of visa applicants dropped; it only re-affirms that the rate of refusal no be here oo ... either way, the US embassy is still making its money from applications with less folks being approved.

cheesy now dem want build eko Atlantic city skyscraper embassy with una money grin
Probably going to be the tallest and most tushed embassy in the world

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by dasparrow: 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2020
You people keep supporting Trump. What you people fail to realize is that left for Trump alone, he would prefer America to be an all white country. How you people can keep supporting a bigot is beyond me but then again when it comes to Nigerians, nothing surprises me anymore.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Eagba(m): 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
lonelydora:

you still dey ask? this one have been swept away by the allure of the crowd
Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Topmaike007(m): 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
itsme01:
cool

when they dont wana respect us ... Average Nigerians would raise atleast 10k USD on their own to travel something punk ass Americans cant raise without loan(they borrow for Phone{contracts} borrow for car and house{mortgage}), Nigerians would learn a trade, and still go for professional certication and if need be further thier studies through sweat and blood yet some scumbarg Trump thinks we are unproductive or leeches

if you see how UAE respects naija people, fish/ meat market in sharjah park they speak little nigerian major language to attract customers same as Cab drivers, and Gold solk Dubai, even radio stations jam Naija songs and they have African Music fest for Naija...

UK felt like Gods and started chasin people with student Visa out after studies.. but now with brexit in sight they are offering better visa package

last last money for US visa can be invested in a small shops anywhere and make good returns retailing simple products

sense no go kill you

1 Like

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Zigdore: 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
BedLam:
I honestly don't know what people do in the USA if not for seeking employment and business.
I find it revolting that people go there for holidays or anything other than economic gains. The world has developed to a point
where most things available elsewhere in the world aren't in the USA. There are now better living in Asia, Europe and middle east than you could find in the USA. Even south American countries are coming up.

Meanwhile WAKANOW is a fraudulent establishment, stay away from them!

What did wakanow do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Gforce2019: 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
lonelydora:
This is because our merciful Buhari is working hard to right the wrongs of PDP. grin grin

Nigeria is now safe for people. grin

Is like you.don take naira marley.weeds this night.
Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by onyxo76(m): 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
with the rate of Visa denial, why would I want to apply when I can apply travel to some European countries without stress, there are lots of lovely cities in Europe you ought to visit. you will forget USA if you get chance to travel to some European and even southeast Asian countries

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Abuleoshi: 10:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
Na dem lose naa... We go carry our money go flex for other countries naa

1 Like

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by oloyede90(m): 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
People are still applying for us visa. Money is still flowing in for them. I wish all Nigerians can cooperate and stop paying visa fees for just one month, they ll reverse their strict policies. Them just chop my 64k for nothing last year

1 Like

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by AheadAhead123: 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
"Una think say una wise, una be mumu men"

#reprocity

1 Like

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Trutherme: 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2020
BedLam:
I honestly don't know what people do in the USA if not for seeking employment and business.
I find it revolting that people go there for holidays or anything other than economic gains. The world has developed to a point
where most things available elsewhere in the world aren't in the USA. There are now better living in Asia, Europe and middle east than you could find in the USA. Even south American countries are coming up.

Meanwhile WAKANOW is a fraudulent establishment, stay away from them!

I beg to differ. The best way to appreciate a Country is to first live in it. Have you visited or lived in America?
If so, I am sorry for your bad experience. If not, try to visit and enjoy the Country. America is still Gods own Country, believe it or not.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:59pm On Jan 03, 2020
lonelydora:

Oh please common! You know what I'm talking about, Lady.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by lagdmark(m): 11:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
K4daniel:
Let's not get it twisted it was Canada that told America to tighten up her border due to many Nigerians crossing over from USA to Canada in the name of seeking asylum.

Then coupled with the harsh immigration policies of trump.

Let everyone stop applying to America for now until the new government take over.
Some guys in Nigeria predicted that their solid support for Trump will ease harsh visa restrictions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Triangles1(m): 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
Influency of Usa on any country is a danger, you can't run away from them and don't get to close.

Buhari has cut short the gap between the rich and the poor.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by pacespot(m): 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
Sluacoast:

Yeah raising the money is not the issue. How fast can that money yield profit for you. For example you indulge into � with it. The rewards are not encouraging compare to someone who visited a civilize country. I don't know if you grab my explanation. Well blame your corrupt administration

Going to a civilized country with all your life saving is a gamble too, you can get deported for flimsy excuse, go to jail for a long time, or unable to find jobs quickly that will help you get back on your feet. Not all people traveling to USA that are making it there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Aguero101(m): 12:10am On Jan 04, 2020
When there is no money to travel. What do you expect us to do? Let us sit down in our country with our bubu.
Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Vega100: 12:20am On Jan 04, 2020
itsme01:
cool

when they dont wana respect us ... Average Nigerians would raise atleast 10k USD on their own to travel something punk ass Americans cant raise without loan(they borrow for Phone{contracts} borrow for car and house{mortgage}), Nigerians would learn a trade, and still go for professional certication and if need be further thier studies through sweat and blood yet some scumbarg Trump thinks we are unproductive or leeches

if you see how UAE respects naija people, fish/ meat market in sharjah park they speak little nigerian major language to attract customers same as Cab drivers, and Gold solk Dubai, even radio stations jam Naija songs and they have African Music fest for Naija...

UK felt like Gods and started chasin people with student Visa out after studies.. but now with brexit in sight they are offering better visa package

last last money for US visa can be invested in a small shops anywhere and make good returns retailing simple products

don't clown urself bro... they are miles ahead of us, and nobody cares about Nigeria and all her fraudulent citizens, people avoid them..
Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by 9jaRealist: 12:21am On Jan 04, 2020
TRUMP'S MESSAGE: FIX YOUR SHI*THOLE!! grin
>
Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by 9jaRealist: 12:28am On Jan 04, 2020
itsme01:
coolwhen they dont wana respect us ... Average Nigerians would raise atleast 10k USD on their own to travel something punk ass Americans cant raise without loan(they borrow for Phone{contracts} borrow for car and house{mortgage}), Nigerians would learn a trade, and still go for professional certication and if need be further thier studies through sweat and blood yet some scumbarg Trump thinks we are unproductive or leeches

last last money for US visa can be invested in a small shops anywhere and make good returns retailing simple products..

If the "average" Nigerian can raise at least 10K USD (ie, N3.5 million)....
Why not start a small trade or business here in Nigeria rather than go wipe asses in America?
>

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by ttmacoy: 12:32am On Jan 04, 2020
UAE respect Nigerian people? Lol

itsme01:
cool

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by ttmacoy: 12:34am On Jan 04, 2020
Instead of looking elswhere why not look inwards and develop our own country?

mmadukoma:
Nigerians should stop patronizing them and look else were.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by ttmacoy: 12:35am On Jan 04, 2020
To be fair part of this was due to Canada asking the US to restrict the number of visas issued to Nigerians due to the way they kept getting US visa and crossing over to Canada for asylum.

IpobAntidote:
LMAO, all those supporting Trump. I told you, thanks Trump.
Pls close the consulate self, no more visas for Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by OyinO: 12:36am On Jan 04, 2020
Greatest news since 1960

1 Like

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by IpobAntidote: 12:49am On Jan 04, 2020
ttmacoy:
To be fair part of this was due to Canada asking the US to restrict the number of visas issued to Nigerians due to the way they kept getting US visa and crossing over to Canada for asylum.

Very true.
Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by NaMeAboki: 2:49am On Jan 04, 2020
Donald Trump, well done - the more you block them the less they will disgrace us over there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by Nobody: 3:47am On Jan 04, 2020
dasparrow:
You people keep supporting Trump. What you people fail to realize is that left for Trump alone, he would prefer America to be an all white country. How you people can keep supporting a bigot is beyond me but then again when it comes to Nigerians, nothing surprises me anymore.
Don't mind the dimwits. Trump is a douchebag and can't wait for November to get him booted out! cool cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off by santafe(m): 4:04am On Jan 04, 2020
fergie001:

....The first novel that made the biggest impact on me during my growing years was James Ngugi Wa'thiongo's "Weep Not Child"...... Njoroge..how time flies!

Njoroge! You take me back memory lane.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident / The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares / Finally I'm In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.