Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) (84898 Views)

Woman Dies In An Accident While Chasing Cheating Husband In Calabar / Mother Abandons A Newborn Baby In An Uncompleted Building In Kaduna (photos) / Lady Celebrates Her House Help From Southern Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by jacoik(m): 5:40am On Jan 04, 2020
ahnie:
A really sad story!
I remember some years back 2015 precisely..I picked a Bible from a pole wall..the Bible has been left there probably for days ..
So I picked it up and took it home...you would not believe what I saw inside the Bible .. names and contacts of spiritualists,their compliment cards, mobile numbers etc.

My husband was strongly against my bringing the Bible home when he saw me with it.

So my husband burned the cards,then flushed the ashes down the wc.
Late into the night...I stood up to go us the restroom...

Glad there was light..which was my saving grace... immediately I open the wc cover to run my business...

I saw a very thin not too long black snake coming out from the wc.
I immediately shut it,then went to call my mai-gida who flushed it down the loo pipe!

That scenery still gives me the kicks till date .what if it had bitten me on my butt?
And I was pregnant then o!

Rip hajia!
Allah ya kawo..shi ma ya ka'ruba!
I don't get it. Is it that the ashes turn to snake or the ashes chase the snake out? This story just sound like our naija home movies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by Livecrafts123: 6:06am On Jan 04, 2020
ahnie:
A really sad story!
I remember some years back 2015 precisely..I picked a Bible from a pole wall..the Bible has been left there probably for days ..
So I picked it up and took it home...you would not believe what I saw inside the Bible .. names and contacts of spiritualists,their compliment cards, mobile numbers etc.

My husband was strongly against my bringing the Bible home when he saw me with it.

Glad there was light..which was my saving grace... immediately I open the wc cover to run my business...

I immediately shut it,then went to call my mai-gida who flushed it down the loo pipe!

That scenery still gives me the kicks till date .what if it had bitten me on my butt?

Rip hajia!

This your story get Q leg ah swear. Your wc was covered, then how did the snake get into the cavity? It could therefore mean it originally came from the septic tank and flushing it back may also mean it'll be back in due course!
Secondly, y you no call your husband, instead you go bring your Mai guard into your toilet... Wives and Mai guards, I no talk anything oo! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by toprealman: 6:09am On Jan 04, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Well. Snakes and reptiles thrive in bushy and dirty environment.. she must be very dirty for a snake to hide inside her WC and await the smell of her poo.. In as much as it led to an untimely death of the woman, I would suggest the family should take solace that she was killed by a snake. The husband should endeavor to marry another immediately...

Lalasticlala.. you know what to do.. it's a snakey something
not really bro. Didn't you hear about the American couple that roasted a snake inside their oven whilst preparing pizza for munching....yankee no be Naija oo

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by Oreofepeters: 6:09am On Jan 04, 2020
izicooo:
You are not human, you don't have a brain.
Why not pray for your enemies instead of asking God to punish them?

Mark 5:44
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by LINTUNE(m): 6:18am On Jan 04, 2020
barnny:
So painful. May her soul rest in peace. That was how i almost step on a snake that was spying on me unknowingly in the bush latest last year. I just look at the snake and decree a word "Go ye into the bottomless pit and die" and immediately the snake left with speed. Is my God not wonderful
grin...normally snakes do run when de see humans approaching them,so its no big deal na
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by kenny160: 6:27am On Jan 04, 2020
Hee this is serious....RIP to the woman
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by favour32(m): 6:44am On Jan 04, 2020
ahnie:
A really sad story!

Rip hajia!
You for tell us another matter.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by folaisha: 6:48am On Jan 04, 2020
May Allah forgive her shortcomings.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by rexbuton: 6:49am On Jan 04, 2020
dexla:
Learnt it's a common krait specie known to be found in Asia, a twitter user actually mentioned its impossible to find such snakes in Africa, might have been smuggled in by some Asians living within that vicinity just the same way a lion was smuggled in.
Asians, especially Indians are known to keep snakes as pet so it wouldnt come as a surprise if her neighbor was an Indian.
Also, theres no correlation between the first picture and second picture. The original poster on twitter didnt post the 1st picture, I guess the OP just wanted to depict the imagery of a snake in a toilet.

All the symptoms mentioned are known to be caused by krait's venom; blindness, deafness, swelling of the affected area and stomach cramp after several hours of being bitten. The pain from the bite is said to be like a mosquito bite or ant bite so it's possible not to pay attention when bitten, especially if you have no idea what bit you.

That's not a krait.. It's a west African forest cobra.. Very dangerous, neurotoxins in its venom kill faster than that in kraits.. You should google it up

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by lomprico(m): 6:53am On Jan 04, 2020
Tomjazzy2:
This is sad and avoidable

what is avoidable?
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by NASTYNASOSO: 7:11am On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=DonFreshmoney post=85476422]Well. Snakes and reptiles thrive in bushy and dirty environment.. she must be very dirty for a snake to hide inside her WC and await the smell of her poo.. In as much as it led to an untimely death of the woman, I would suggest the family should take solace that she was killed by a snake. The husband should endeavor to marry another immediately...

HMMMMMMMM

JUST BE CAREFUL YOU WILL SOON DIE TOO
HOW AND WHEN IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE THINKING OF.
TRUST ME IT MIGHT BE WHORST THAN THE MOCKERY YOU MADE OF THIS LATE WOMAN

QUOTE ME AND I WILL SEND A SNAKE TO YOUR BEDROOM
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by GOFRONT(m): 7:16am On Jan 04, 2020
Oh God why na.......See as sheet don begin worry me now...

And am scared of using the Wc right now...

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by luluosas(m): 7:21am On Jan 04, 2020
Alright. Thanks
Skepticus:

The common krait and this particular Asian snake I've forgotten the name but it's common in south east asia) bite is so mild that it could be mistaken for a mosquito bite.

Most victims of their bites don't notice till they start seeing swellings
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by RoselineBeauty: 7:30am On Jan 04, 2020
That looks like a boomslang, very venomous
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by ocloud81(m): 7:56am On Jan 04, 2020
illicit:

why take home what's not yours in the first place

Next time that will teach her lesson. Olojukoko Obirin
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:59am On Jan 04, 2020
ahaz:
bro thanks for the tip.. but am a bit curious about the bitter kola tin.. is it for real?

Very very effective
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by EdiskyHarry: 8:11am On Jan 04, 2020
and if someone kills a snake now, you will see a fool coming here to say rubbish as if he / she is in United States

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by Kocochilling(f): 8:15am On Jan 04, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Well. Snakes and reptiles thrive in bushy and dirty environment.. she must be very dirty for a snake to hide inside her WC and await the smell of her poo.. In as much as it led to an untimely death of the woman, I would suggest the family should take solace that she was killed by a snake. The husband should endeavor to marry another immediately...

@don fresh money ...motherfucker oloshi ...nkanchi
the person that wrote the story na bastard
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by kellight(m): 8:41am On Jan 04, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

Many are mad, few are roaming
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 04, 2020
Its not really the snake that killed her.
Its Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 04, 2020
rexbuton:

That's not a krait.. It's a west African forest cobra.. Very dangerous, neurotoxins in its venom kill faster than that in kraits.. You should google it up
Doesn't look like a cobra.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by Psoul(m): 9:27am On Jan 04, 2020
I always have this fear at the back of my head anytime I want to use my convenience.

I have preventive measure for this. I always make sure I have some chemicals in the toilet. After using the toilet, flushed it, then I'll add a good quantity of chlorine in water, mix it with detol and toilet wash. Pour it inside the WC and leave it like that. The mixture will not allow any reptile to be closer to and around the inside of the WC.

Before the next use, I'll flush down the chemical.

It's very important to add this chemicals when leaving the house or at night as those are the time these reptiles like crawling close to WC.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by Bencolink: 10:07am On Jan 04, 2020
Ever since i watched Snakes in Plane Movie I've always been afraid using WC

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by Tomjazzy2: 10:45am On Jan 04, 2020
lomprico:

what is avoidable?

The incident and the resultant death
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by ahnie: 11:39am On Jan 04, 2020
Livecrafts123:

This your story get Q leg ah swear. Your wc was covered, then how did the snake get into the cavity? It could therefore mean it originally came from the septic tank and flushing it back may also mean it'll be back in due course!
Secondly, y you no call your husband, instead you go bring your Mai guard into your toilet... Wives and Mai guards, I no talk anything oo! grin

For clarity sakes..mai-gida(husband)..not mai-guard.
Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by rexbuton: 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
TheWrita:
Doesn't look like a cobra.

That's a forest cobra

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by lomprico(m): 12:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
Tomjazzy2:

The incident and the resultant death

how is the incident avoidable?
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by masseratti: 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
9jaArea:
Looks like a banded krait but they are found only in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

I suspect it's a forest cobra.

wow, thanks, but how did it hot to Nigeria?
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by izicooo(f): 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
Oreofepeters:
Why not pray for your enemies instead of asking God to punish them?

Mark 5:44
Be there and be quoting bible, you never see better enemy shall, itz not your fault..
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) by seangy4konji: 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2020
Truth of d matter. No one is safe in Nigeria..

No hospital in 300kms of your radius has anti venom so if bitten,chances of surviving g a venomous bite is 5%.5 being just God.

A whole cou try..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Caught In The Web Of Affairs With My Wife's Friend / Mother And Her 2 Teenage Twin Daughters Pregnant For One Man (photos) / Mother Reacts To This Her Daughter's WhatsApp Profile Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.